The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP10: Composite Theories"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-02-01, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP10: Composite Theories"
Much like last week, not many spoilers, but lots of open-ended clues that have resulted in interesting speculation. Given what we know, fill in the blanks with your best speculation and post your "Composite Theory" for EP10.

(Hoping AK will post an updated "Spoiler Glossary" against which we can test our theories.)

Still organizing my notes...so go ahead...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP10: Composite Theories Krautboy 04-02-01 1
   great job Krautboy....... shakes the clown 04-02-01 2
       RE: great job Krautboy....... LIZZLOVER 04-02-01 3
       Nick's storyline as spoiler munson 04-02-01 9
       Final Run for the Idol... IceCat 04-02-01 13
           RE: Final Run for the Idol... shakes the clown 04-02-01 17
   RE: just a quick question... beachhouse76 04-02-01 4
       RE: just a quick question... dangerkitty 04-02-01 5
           RE: just a quick question... LIZZLOVER 04-02-01 6
   Spoiler for Colby ElmersGlue 04-02-01 7
       Can Nick beat the odds I wonder.... GG 04-02-01 8
           RE: Can Nick beat the odds I wonder... MadforMadDog 04-02-01 10
               Thanks for remembering AyatollahKhomeini 04-03-01 26
                   RE: Thanks for remembering MadforMadDog 04-03-01 27
           RE: Can Nick beat the odds I wonder... SurvivinDawg 04-02-01 15
           RE: Can Nick beat the odds I wonder... duff 04-03-01 34
       RE: Spoiler for Colby idiotcowboy 04-02-01 11
   RE: EP10: Composite Theories idiotcowboy 04-02-01 12
       RE: EP10: Composite Theories SherpaDave 04-02-01 14
           I agree about Liz being stupid shakes the clown 04-02-01 18
   RE: EP10: Composite Theories BlondeGirl 04-02-01 16
       RE: EP10: Composite Theories kuchakor 04-02-01 19
   lots of speculation yoda_schwartz 04-03-01 25
 My (Revised) Theory sleeeve 04-03-01 20
   RE: My (Revised) Theory LIZZLOVER 04-03-01 21
       Why spend time... sleeeve 04-03-01 22
           Not true shakes the clown 04-03-01 23
               RE: Not true sleeeve 04-03-01 24
                   Whole lot of spoiling going on AyatollahKhomeini 04-03-01 36
               a couple points SherpaDave 04-03-01 32
   RE: My (Revised) Theory Play2Survive 04-03-01 28
       A thought landruajm 04-03-01 29
       RE: My (Revised) Theory Loree 04-03-01 30
 This is my theory and it is mine Bebo 04-03-01 31
   Could be! Krautboy 04-03-01 33
   RE: This is my theory and it is min... Bebo 04-03-01 35
       Fun AyatollahKhomeini 04-03-01 37
           CBS promo Loree 04-03-01 38
 (JUST A PUSH) Play2Survive 04-04-01 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-02-01, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP10: Composite Theories"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-01 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-02-01 AT 10:29 AM (EST)

The turning point in Ep9 was when Nick won immunity. It forced the Ogakor to reconsider their target and on the walk back from the IC. From Ambers comments we know that Liz became their alternate choice.

Later back at camp we see Liz talking to Tina. Tina is smart and a good listener. Liz says, "you guys are pretty much in control, because of the numbers, but my next vote would be for Jerri anyway."

Liz let Tina know Jerri had one one vote and waited for her response. Tina filed that piece of information away for use later...but carefully responded, "but we have to vote off you or Rodger, because you know that's the safe thing to do."

Then at the "tent talk" Tina once again listened, saw that Keith was straying and that Colby didn't want to lose his power position in the "final five". But after the cameras cut away, Tina undoubtably said, "Liz is voting for Jerri so the three of us can get rid of her without having to involve Amber and risk Jerri finding out."

Jerri and Amber thought Liz was gone, Liz thought Liz was gone, and Tina took control of the game by reeling in Keith and taking away Colbys swing vote position. Tina is smart. Jerri is gone!

EP10: "Let's Make a Deal"

Amber is sitting by the fire, feeling sorry for herself.(vidcap picture) Her friend is gone because the other Ogakor tricked her. She feels alone. She is in a strategically strong position, but emotionally unable to take advantage of it.

Liz says to the camera, in a surprised tone, "They voted out one of their own!" Liz realizes that she didn't have anything to do with the planning of Jerri's boot. She was just a pawn in Tina's plan.

"It's day 28 and the tribe has 1/2 cup of rice left,..."(from Zap2it.com) "Controversy surrounding tha last half cup of rice..."(from survivorfever.net) The controversy probably involves whether they should eat it now or save it for later.
In the video preview we see Liz talking about how weak and dizzy she feels. To make matters worse, "with the rapid flow of the muddy river, fishing is nearly prohibitive." No rice. No fish. No chicken. No pig.

The tribe notices ,"the rivers rapidly rising water."(vidcap pic of high water levels) "The river is rising at an alarming rate and the survivors feel their camp is at risk." The tribe decides that they should move their shelter to higher ground, but someone disagrees(Colby?/Nick?) and shows a "lack of effort". As they begin the process of relocating, the tribemember is "clearly pulling less weight than the others". He says the heck with it... I'll check for "tree mail".

The RC: "Height and Weight Matching Game"

The tree mail riddle says something about "weight", as we see Rodger and Nick pinching what's left of the fat on their bellies.(they're wearing the same clothes as when they are standing in the water)(vidcap) The tribe goes down to the river, where they meet JP.

Jeff says, "you've got thirteen days left and it doesn't look like your going to make it." Tell you what, "Let's make a deal."

Jeff explains that the river is rising and they are going to have to relocate their camp anyway. You can trade your shelter for food, but you have to win it in this reward challenge.You have to give up the individual reward and win it or lose it as a tribe,as Barramundi.

"One challenge can take them to the finish line, if they accept an offer they can't refuse."(text for web preview, courtesy AK) They have a chance to win enough rice to get them through to the end of the game. They have no rice, no fish, no choice! They accept. "At their wits end, the tribe members are forced to make a decision that costs them dearly"

"The tribe negotiates a major deal, which will hugely affect their lives in the Outback, in exchange for more rations."

They must give up their shelter and move their camp to higher ground, but they can't take any of the shelter it self. As the opening scene of EP9 foreshadowed, (Colby talking about the rain dripping on him off the tarp, and how miserable it is to be wet)they will soon face very wet times. "The Barramundi tribe faces hard---AND VERY WET---times on "Survivor:The Australian Outback".(from Zap2it.com)

(This is what Rodger was talking about when he told his daughter how wet it was in the Outback!!...no shelter!)

So, back to the RC. Jeff tells the 4 guys to take off their shirts and shoes and wade into the water to varying depths. He then presents a game board/easel that has the heights and weights of the 4 guys listed in random order.(The board is out of the picture to the left of Jeff and the women. You can see them looking in that direction, but not at Jeff). The women are to match the heights and weights on the boards with the guys standing in the water. One bag of rice for each correct match, get them all and there's a special reward party (since they traded their shelter).

Note: The guys are standing in the water at various depths to conceal their relative heights, and they have their shirts off so that the women can assess their weight.

In the first vidcap we see four guys in the water and all the rice bags still in JP's rice bucket. Later we see a close-up of the third bag being pulled out of the can.(Looks like they get at least three out of four). The picture of just Nick and Rodger is after the two easier matches were found(Colby and Keith) Nick and Rodger are close to the same height and weight,so they were left to the end by process of elimination.(One of the four men is also "clearly pulling less WEIGHT than the others"...a clever play on words also refering to a lack of effort.)

They win the bonus by getting them all right, and are rewarded with a party. "The reward challenge brings joy to all...but not without its natural consequences for all but two."

Option 1: If they win food (besides the rice) and eat too much, too fast, the only two that avoid the "natural consequences" of constipation or nausea would be the two who recently had a real meal.(Colby and Amber)

Option 2: If they win food and DRINK (Bud Light, a Survivor Sponsor), all but the two that don't drink (Tina and Rodger) would suffer the "natural consequences" of a hang-over the next day.

The next day they move their camp. (Either sickness or a hangover could also explain the lack of effort and someone not pulling their weight. Nick?/Colby?) My guess is that Colby will be portrayed as not "pulling his weight" so that MB can lead the audience to believe there is a chance he gets voted out.

Amber is feeling better. Tina and Colby have talked to her and explained why they got rid of Jerri and why they didn't tell her.
Liz has tried to "Make a Deal" with Amber as well, but Amber seems to like the security of the Ogakor and the motherly influence that Tina provides.

This interaction is most likely edited to keep us guessing which way Amber will go: with the Kucha or with the Ogakor?

The IC: "Teeter-Totter-Tower Fire Building"

The seven survivors are pictured arriving at the IC.(vidcap) Nick is wearing the Immunity Necklace, the sky is dark and threatening.

They see the seven towers(only 5 shown in vidcap; two out of the frame) equiped with a teeter-totter type counter balance system and wonder. They find out that they must run back and forth shuttling fire building supplies.(Vidcaps of Keith, Amber, and Colby) They are to build a fire in a barrel on one side of the structure. (Vidcap of Colby approaching barrel) When the fire burns through a rope or changes the balance of the teeter-totter, the fire barrel is lifted into the air(vicap picture) signaling the winner. Keith(foreshadowed in EP9 as the master firebuilder)wins immunity.

The TC: (weak attempt at a twist)

MB tries to create a suspicion that Colby is the target of the Kucha, while Nick is the target of the Ogakor. Ambers decision to fall back with the Ogakor is edited out to keep the suspense and build to a twist at the end, at TC.

The votes, Colby, Nick, Colby, Nick, Nick, Colby, Nick.

"Nick bring me your torch, the tribe has spoken"

EP11: Amber is not as dumb as we thought. She makes her move. The vote goes 3-3 with Amber/Rodger/Liz targeting Colby and no votes against her, means clear sailing to the final three...we'll see. One week at a time...

Supporting Evidence:

Keiths Benefit Dinner April 6(Tina and Rodger attend)Keith, Tina and Rodger safe.
Rodgers daughters' interview. Rodger stays
Boston Herald: Liz makes final four. Liz safe
Source Code: Amber and Liz safe
Jeff Varners comment: "Only had 3 days to get to know her" Amber safe.
Liz "Kicks butt in challenges" Liz safe
Aboriginal Pictures: Keith, Amber and Liz safe

Note: No spoilers for Nick (But none for Colby either! Is he next after Nick? Makes sense if Amber makes her move in EP11)

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-02-01, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "great job Krautboy......."
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-01 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

When the fire
>burns through a rope or
>changes the balance of the
>teeter-totter, the fire barrel is
>lifted into the air(vicap picture)
>signaling the winner. Keith(foreshadowed in
>EP9 as the master firebuilder)wins
>immunity.

....I have a different possibility for this one.....in the pics I saw, the Immunity Idol is hanging off some sort of pole on a table located to the LEFT of all the towers (if you were facing the towers)

...another picute is a close-up of Lizliz running sideways alongside the towers towards the direction of the Immunity Idol.

Could it be that after the fire is lit, the Survivors must run to the table and grab the idol (like they had to do in the finish of the maze)

If this is correct, than Lizliz might be the winner since she is the only one we see running towards the Idol...it can't be that far of a run so it would be a good assumption that the person we see running is the probably winner.....remember the clue that MB gave us in the first post-merge IC with the pic of Keith and Lizliz standing on the poles...this was a hint that Keth and Lizliz made it deep into that challenge..could the pic of Lizliz running be along the same lines?

Also, this would start to settle the "Lizliz kicks butt in the challenges" spoiler we have been waiting patiently to come into fruition.

>Note: No spoilers for Nick (But
>none for Colby either! Is
>he next after Nick? Makes
>sense if Amber makes her
>move in EP11)

...actually there is a spoiler out there for Nick....Scerri said that the people she keeps in touch with are Mithcell, Alicia, NICK and Colby. Does that mean that Nick will soon be on the jury and bonding at the ranch with Jerri?

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-02-01, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: great job Krautboy......."
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-01 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

I like the speculation taken place so far. I've got a question about, what appears to be the IC though.

Take a look at the white "bag" or whatever it is holding the "teeter-totter" weighted down. Why does Liz's bag seem to have a lot less than Colby's or Ambers? If you look at the bag behind Keith and Amber running, it appears to be almost totally full. Colby's has less, and Liz's has even less than him. From what I can tell, all the tetter totters are at the same level even though they seem to have different amounts of weight (sand) attached to them.

Actually, the "bag" I'm refering to is the one inbetween Colby and Liz.

Also, the fire in the bucket appears at the top of the tower. The contestants' buckets are at the top of the towers when we see them running towards them with wood, but not lit. I'm confused by all of it none the less, but wondered what you thought.

Lizz Just Is

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-01, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Nick's storyline as spoiler"
If you like spoilers of the story line variety, it appears that the Nick character has served its purpose.

Nick shows his interior design skill.

Nick provides the eye-witness account of Mike's accident.

And most importantly: Sickly, lazy, quiet Nick, trapped in the sights of the Ogakor death squad, fights off the effects of HUGE tastebuds and his own natural malaise to win immunity resulting in the execution of the Wicked Witch of the Outback setting off many a joyous celebration in Survivorland.

Something else to consider in light of Nick's name on the Jerri's friends list: If the final 2 are both Ogakor, who does Nick vote for? Sure is tough to tell as WE HAVE BEEN SHOWN NO INTERACTION BETWEEN NICK AND ANY OGAKOR. Kinda leads one to believe that maybe Nick is the swing vote in the final jury vote and MB wants to give us next to no indication as to which way he'll go. For example:

Keith/Amber final 2: Keith - Tina, Liz, Rodger
Amber - Jerri, Colby*, Alicia**
* K/T betray Colby in E11, he votes against Keith in final
** Alicia swayed by Jerri against Keith during time at ranch

Which way does Nick go?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-01, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Final Run for the Idol..."
I may not be visualizing what you are saying correctly, Shakes. If the idol is off to the side would that not mean that those persons whose tower was further away would have further to run than the others. Would this not represent an unfair disadvantage?

IceCat

04-02-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final Run for the Idol..."

> If the idol is
>off to the side would
>that not mean that those
>persons whose tower was further
>away would have further to
>run than the others.
>Would this not represent an
>unfair disadvantage?

"Since when did this game become fair"

-Jerri Mathney 1/28/01-3/30/01

...no, you're probably right....but, what is the significance of the Lizliz pic? It's there for a reason. what is it???? And doesn't it look like she's running?

beachhouse76 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-02-01, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beachhouse76 Click to send private message to beachhouse76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: just a quick question..."
I think the whole "guessing game" RC sounds logical, but how do the guys even know how much they weigh. I don't think whatever the girls are looking at contain any information about their weights. If they were weighed before goin to meet JP, I think they would've filled the girls in on what just took place, and discuss weight lost. Anyway, not that it means much, but what else could the girls be looking at off in the distance? Just thought of this, could contain weights of the contestants when they arrived. whatta ya think?

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-02-01, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: just a quick question..."
Good question. I like the whole idea, except I too was wondering how they would get their current weights. Your idea would make sense.

I think what also lends credibility to this "weight guessing" idea is that is the GUYS only that get their weights displayed and/or guessed! Typically we gals don't like our weight discussed or displayed - I can see how even MB wouldn't go there!

dk

04-02-01, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: just a quick question..."
Why wouldn't they just use a scale to measure their current weight?? Why is that so far out of the question? I'm sure they could do it without allowing them to see the answer.

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-01, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Spoiler for Colby"
There's a pic of Colby in the Survivor Field Guide either rock climbing or rappelling....I'm not sure which. It could be a challenge - but I'm betting it's the "passage" thing - ie fire walking that Kelly, Rich, and Rudy did ... to the final 3 IC. Also the picture on the front cover looks to me to be Colby wearing the safety vest that he's wearing in the photo.

MB also talks in the back of the SII Field guide about an Eco Challenge thing they did where they strung 4 lines in front of the waterfall and how visually appealing it was on camera.

Episode 11 Title is
"No Longer Just a Game"

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Can Nick beat the odds I wonder...."
Krautboy,

Damn fine analysis. Fully agree with the RC - but you know that already. And the scenario you illustrate is similar to my speculation on the "So What Next?" thread. There's that parallel thinking again!

Anyway, there's only one feeler I want to put out. Can we allow for the possibility - however small - of Nick winning IC? Given such an eventuality, it seems Colby would be fish food. But if he doesn't win IC can you or anyone conceive a way in which he wouldn't be booted off the tribe? The trouble I have with Nick's departure stems from the limited airtime chestnut. Sure, he featured a lot in Ep.10 but in overall terms, it's still very limited.

P2S used marketing principles in arguing Jerri's boot last time (softening her up etc) and in retrospect, it had a very sound basis. So if you apply the same for Nick, something about him needs to come to light first. And Ep.9 wasn't exactly earth-shattering on that score. Others have argued that it just comes down to Nick being an uninteresting individual. Maybe. But it doesn't quite match MB's way of editing. Personally, I am very intrigued that nothing we've seen or heard from Nick gives him the slightest bit of character depth. Strange that when you figure everyone else has been pegged in some way - almost as if Nick is deliberately being underplayed for the camera. He's there but not there. I liken it to one of those whodunnit films where the killer is revealed to be the guy you saw fleetingly earlier on in the film. He doesn't register much and thus helps heighten the element of surprise.

So what I'm saying in a roundabout way is that MB wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't make some substantial attempt to bring Nick out of the shadows before he leaves. Just as if he hadn't shown Jerri's gentler side (well, at least he tried!) in the build-up to her departure. Right now Nick is far too one-dimensional for my liking. He's the favorite to go next, no doubt about that. I guess my suspicious mind is holding out for something more though........

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-02-01, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MadforMadDog Click to send private message to MadforMadDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can Nick beat the odds I wonder...."
Someone posted earlier about MB selecting contestants that he though would be interesting but they turned out to be boring (Nick). If I find the thread I will paste in here with an edit.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-03-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Thanks for remembering"
I posted that comment from MB's interview. We don't know MB was referring to Nick (I added the parenthetical Nick's, in the manner of "Subliminal Man" from Sat. Night Live), but it sure sounded like he was describing Nick. I think Amber has been underplayed so far because her storyline ran parallel to Jerri's. I think Nick has been underplayed because he was too careful in his comments to make for good artificial-reality TV.

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-03-01, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MadforMadDog Click to send private message to MadforMadDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Thanks for remembering"
AK,
I knew you were adding the parenthetical Nick's and just like from the subliminal man. But I think you observation was accurate.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-01, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Can Nick beat the odds I wonder...."
If Nick wins immunity again, it is my belief that Rodger is the next to go. Tina spares Lis for her (Tina's) own purposes (maybe we WILL see that all-Female alliance!) and convinces the Ogies to wax Rodger. But I don't think Nick wins IC and I think Nick gets face time in the next Ep. and I think Nick joins Alicia on Jury (and JP can continue to stare at Jerri! Did you see him at TC last time?!?!?!?!)

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

duff 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-03-01, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail duff Click to send private message to duff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Can Nick beat the odds I wonder...."
Just wanted to point out that Jeff V. did an interview with a local radio station here in Atlanta this morning (sorry, no audio links), and he made the comment that Nick is much more engaging and personable than he has been edited to be thus far. If this is the case, then could there be more ahead for him? As GG pointed out, MB tried to soften Jerri's portrayal before she got the boot. Should we now look for Nick to grow a personality (and a strategy) in E10 before getting booted in E11?

I have a hard time believing that what we have seen of Nick clearly counts as character development, unless he truly is the biggest dud survivor ever. The man is a Harvard Law student and hasn't spoken word one about strategy or anything else remotely interesting (swollen taste buds do not count).

Just more food for thought.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-01, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Spoiler for Colby"
Elmers

I haven't seen the field guide... are you sure it's Colby? ... and does he have the proper look... ie beard, weight loss etc. ? Anybody have a scan of this? This could be as interesting as Tina's phone call home if it hasn't already happened!

BTW the reference to fire-walking would be superb... as I doubt something this physically challenging would used for IC or RC at this point in the game (ie everyone takes their time, in a right of passage kinda thing...)

-ICB

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-01, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EP10: Composite Theories"
Krautboy

Who am I to argue with your evaluation... you keep up your recent success and we'll have to start calling you ryanbbbbbbb or something

Although I don't have any major problems with your evaluation, and it certainly could be what happens... I do of course have a different slant.

We agree that, at least for this week, Amber's best move is to stay with the Ogres. If she does, the most likely target would be Nick... although I would argue (again) that Lis is the most dangerous kucha left... and Nick is probably the least. I would not be shocked if Amber sees this (especially after Jeffy's comments at TC). Although we can all bet most of her anger will be directed at either Colby or Keith... there might be a little left for Lis... and if so, since Amber is in a position to dictate who goes next... and it's in her best interest to stick with the Ogre's... don't be surprised if she picks Lis for eviction.

Okay, so how do I see it going? The early part of the show focuses on Amber being ticked at her former tribe mates... leading you to believe she will turn on them at TC. There will also be a fair amount of Lis trying to either convince Amber to switch sides... or talk about trying to switch Amber to kucha's side... There is also a possibility that kucha doesn't know for sure who voted or if the final vote was for jerri or not... so they may be working Tina, Colby, or Keith instead. The rice deal does not involve either RC or IC, but instead deals with loss of something they value like matches, fish hooks, luxury items, etc. The RC involves the weight loss thing and the winner gets a video from home... everyone gets to see it (ie all enjoy the RC)but afterwards all but two of the contestants cry like babies (ie Natural Consequences). The rest of the time before Ic is devoted to the camp move. There is only one person who could possibly feel they didn't need to help and that would be Amber, so there may be a bit of grousing about her "lack of effort"... but since both sides need her it will be tempered in her presence.

The Ic is the fire building thing... Keith probably wins, but maybe Lis does... after all if she is going to do well in IC's she better start soon! There may be some shots of Amber with some of the kucha's to make you think it's likely another Ogre is evicted.. but at TC the vote goes as expected with kucha going for Colby, and Ogrethree going for Nick... Amber cast the deciding vote and Nick is history.

Wow Krautboy... same result different path... maybe we can agree and I can actually get something right here

Once the field is down to K/T/C/A/L/R... don't be shocked if the Ogre's abandon their alliance. Colby kinda looks like the odd man out, but it might be Keith instead. I'm really betting on Amber blaming Jerri's eviction mostly on Keith and working to undermine him if possible. Whether she's successful or not... is highly debatable.

BTW- I would bet against the flesh-dripping-kucha to ever abandon each other... until there were only f-d-kucha's left to choose from.

-ICB

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-01, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP10: Composite Theories"
I've not seen anyone else mention this. Doesn't it seem fairly likely (from an emotional standpoint) that the Kuchas might target Amber next? They have to be aware that she was Jerri's lapdog; she never really seemed to interact with anyone else. From Lis's fairly shallow scheming viewpoint, she might see Amber as the most likely target that she could convince the Ogres to vote against. Lis is trying to play the game as intelligently as possible, but I'm not convinced that she's as smart as people seem to think she is (remember Alicia's comment about Lis's naivete?).

Right now, it looks to me like the Kuchas vote for Amber and the Kuchas pick off Nick.

04-02-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
18. "I agree about Liz being stupid"
Lis
>is trying to play the
>game as intelligently as possible,
>but I'm not convinced that
>she's as smart as people
>seem to think she is

>
>Right now, it looks to me
>like the Kuchas vote for
>Amber and the Kuchas pick
>off Nick.

...you're right, let's look at things from her perspective:

She was able to identify Scerri as the wink link in the Ogawhore alliance.

She took that knowledge and tried to convince Ogakor (tina and Keith) to vote off Scerri cause of her bitchiness.

Scerri WAS voted off by Ogakor members.

Now, she might be sitting there thinking that since Ogakor voted off Scerri cause they didn't like her, they might be willing to vote off Lamber as well if/when she starts acting up.

So, instead of trying to defect Lamber over to Kucha and taking the power away from Ogawhore, she is going to target Lamber in the hopes that Ogawhore will get sick of Lamber and sacrifice her. Why not, its the same strategy she employed to get rid of Scerri.

A simple conversation bwtween Lizliz and lamber and three people are good as gone (Keith, Tina and Colby), but I'd bet the farm that conversation never occurs.

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EP10: Composite Theories"
Krautboy,
Great thinking and analyzing!

I thought about that play on words with "weight" but I'm not so sure, since the other preview says "lack of effort". I talked myself out of sharing it on the post with the vidcaps (thanks for pointing me over to this one, btw).

I also thought about the beer , but I don't really think that's it. I still think it could have something to do with letters or videos from home. Or that they simply don't get any reward except for the rice.

I agree (for now anyway! ) that Nick is probably a goner, unless Amber can't get over her anger at Colby. He's the one she really trusted (the night talk) and now he's gone back on his word (Jerri, Amber, Colby final three). It depends on how he plays it with her. If he's all "well Jerri's a B*I*T*C*H and we had to do it, so get over it" then she might likely turn on him. But if he goes with "Tina and Keith will be easier to beat in the final four, and besides baby, I've got a crush on you!" then he'll be okay.

Does anyone think that maybe since we didn't see Keith actually say anywhere in the show last week the bit from the Episode 9 preview about "sacrificing an Ogacore" it could really be in reference to this week? Would Keith really consider it a sacrifice to get rid of Jerri?!

My thought: why didn't those idiots save the chickens (which Kimmi said were laying eggs)?!? They could have been eating hard boiled eggs. LoL!

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: EP10: Composite Theories"
Ok, if the challenge you speak of has something to do with weight loss, then here is a theory of how it will go. The women stay on shore, while the men are weighed and measured. Probst gives the gals the weights of the guys BEFORE Survivor started. The gals have to guess how much weight they've lost since then. That's the way it went last Survivor, other than the fact that the castaways guessed their own weight, with Colleen winning....I think the girls have better guesings on weight loss than the men. BUT, last time we did this challenge with Six Survivors left. I don't think that will make a difference though.

yoda_schwartz 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-03-01, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yoda_schwartz Click to send private message to yoda_schwartz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "lots of speculation"
All of this sounds good but I think that there is too much specultion. Much of this stuff you don't have any real evidence to support it. It's like your pulling ##### out of your ass and calling it evidence.

>"At their wits end, the
>tribe members are forced to
>make a decision that costs
>them dearly"
>
>"The tribe negotiates a major deal,
>which will hugely affect their
>lives in the Outback, in
>exchange for more rations."
>
>They must give up their shelter
>and move their camp to
>higher ground, but they can't
>take any of the shelter
>it self.

There is nothing to prove that they had their shelter taken away.

>As the opening
>scene of EP9 foreshadowed, (Colby
>talking about the rain dripping
>on him off the tarp,
>and how miserable it is
>to be wet)they will soon
>face very wet times. "The
>Barramundi tribe faces hard---AND VERY
>WET---times on "Survivor:The Australian Outback".(from
>Zap2it.com)

This proves nothing. All it is saying is that Colby hates being dripped on. If it says anything at all, it's saying that it is raining a lot.

>(This is what Rodger was talking
>about when he told his
>daughter how wet it was
>in the Outback!!...no shelter!)

Again, no proof that they had no shelter.

I know that I am a newbie but hear me out. You are making too much speculation. That is what has been get us in trouble recently. Just take what MB is showing us and lets not make up #####.

Do, or do not. There is no try.
-Yoda, Jedi Master-

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "My (Revised) Theory"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-01 AT 00:15 AM (EST)

Oh My Gawd!!! Composite Theories!!! I love composite theories!!!

Okay, here we go:

Episode 10
In order to survive, C/T/K know that they need Amber, so they buddy up with her. Colby explains that he has been playing double agent, and found out that K/T arranged to boot Jerri, and there was nothing he could do about it. He tells Amber that he only voted for Jerri so that Tina and Keith would still think he was on their side. He assures her that it is he and Amber to the end. The Ogie alliance lives!

The RC is a weight loss challenge. The Survivors are presented with a board listing all of their original weights (off camera, left). They are given two options: they can try to guess their OWN weight loss and get a grand feast for themselves if they are closest (as in S1) or they can play as a team, and have the chance to win rice. They choose team, with the following rules:

Guess each weight loss, for ten cups of rice each, but every pound they are off by, a cup of rice is removed. They may guess as many weights as they want, but it will cost them something dear for each guess (luxury item, fish hook, increasing importance for each person??? No clue...) They must decide as a group whose weight loss they will predict BEFORE BEGINNING THE CHALLENGE. They choose to guess about each of the men, and consult their original weights, posted on a board, off screen left in the vidcaps.

The IC is a fire making challenge. How it might work:

The buckets start in the up position, (weights on the opposite side of the teeter-totter). Survivors run to gather wood, etc and continue to fill the bucket until it is heavy enough to touch the ground. Then they light it on fire, and as it burns, it rises (reduced weight)... When the bucket reaches the top, lighting some sort of fireworks, they win. There may be something in the bucket at the start, that they must later remove, that keeps it weighted down at first so that they can reach it.

Here, they are running (to gather wood from a specified area, across the river?), but their buckets are still in the air:

Here, the bucket of the winner is shown:

TC: T/C/A/K vote for Nick (who loses immunity to Lizzie), but not before Colby lets it slip that he and Amber plan to vote for Keith... Keith picks up votes number 4 and 5, and Colby and Keith are now even with respect to past votes.

Episode 11

Keith is pissed that he picked up the Liz and Rodger votes... he thought Tina was taking care of them. Ogakor targets Liz, but Liz kicks butt in the challenges, and once again Keith gets stubborn. He wants to vote out Colby to pay him back for his little stunt. He tells Tina to arrange it with R/L.

Now, here's where I'm not sure...

Option 1: If a secret alliance exists between Colby and Tina (I really believe it does!!!), Tina, Colby, Amber, Rodger, and Liz vote out Keith in a shocker (on April 12, right after his little dinner party).

Option 2: If no secret alliance exists, Keith gets his wish and Colby is gone.

Option 3: Tina persuades Keith to take out Amber instead, to protect her alliance member Colby, or just because there is still the chance of a tie vote to come (they may need Colby's past votes. Source Code theory dies as MB laughs and laughs at us!!!

Personally, I believe either Option 1 or Option 3.

If Option #1

Ep12: Target is Liz, but she wins immunity again, so say goodbye to Rodger... Lizzie is in the Final Four!... Rodger goes after three episodes of rain and tells his kids about it. (Note: weather tracker indicates storm dies out mid-Ep13, so he must go before then, IMO).

Ep13: Target is Liz. She goes. (Or she wins immunity and Amber goes... either way, MB laughs as the source code spoiler is revealed.)

Ep14: Target is Amber (due to secret T/C alliance), but she wins immunity to get to the final two (Hence immunity head dress in opening credits, and she's matched up against Colby, the other buy in the opening credits... I'm so sure it's NOT Keith!!! (I know you disagree, AK)). She takes out everybody's mommy, Tina, never realizing that she had broken up the power alliance. Besides, Amber has gotten very close to Colby after being "allied" to him for all of this time, and Jerri, who is extremely jealous, won't speak to her after she finds out!... How could Amber be so loving to the guy who stabbed her in the back right after their Honeymoon.

Amber gets votes from Alicia, Jerri, Keith
Colby wins, with votes from Liz, Nick, Tina, and Rodger

If Option #2

Ep12: Amber switches sides, now that she has been double crossed twice, and Keith is voted out.

Ep13: Bye Tina.

Ep14: Amber wins immunity and takes Liz to the finals (Source Code was Real!), because she was slightly less intimidating than papa Rodger.

Amber gets a vote from Jerri
Liz wins with votes from Colby, Keith, Tina, Alicia, Nick, and Rodger

If Option #3

Ep12: Target is Liz, but she wins immunity again, so say goodbye to Rodger... Lizzie is in the Final Four!... Rodger goes after three episodes of rain and tells his kids about it. (Note: weather tracker indicates storm dies out mid-Ep13, so he must go before then, IMO).

Ep13: Target is Liz, but she wins immunity yet again, so the secret T/C alliance is finally revealed as they vote out Keith -OR- There never was a T/C alliance, so T/K vote out Colby.

Ep14: Liz wins immunity in a run lasting longer than Kelly's!!!, and votes out Tina, leaving herself (from the opening credits) against Keith or Colby (whichever one that is in the opening credits).

Keith gets votes from Tina and Colby
Colby gets votes from Tina, Amber, and Keith
Liz wins with votes from Alicia, Jerri, Nick, Rodger, and either Amber and Keith or Colby (depending on scenario).

Personally, I think the most spoilers are satisfied by Option #1, and besides, I really like the T/C secret alliance theory... so my official order of bootees is:

Ep10: Nick
Ep11: Keith
Ep12: Rodger
Ep13: Liz
Ep14a: Tina
Ep14b: Amber
Winner: Colby

Comments and Criticisms welcome...

NOTE: Right after I finished typing, the Colby Audio thing sprang up, but my second choice is Option #3, with the T/C alliance being true as well... leaving Colby as the runner up. Not willing to believe that spoiler yet until more evidence comes in, and some of our resident "experts" weigh in, so I'm still hanging on to this theory for now...

04-03-01, 00:50 AM (EST)
21. "RE: My (Revised) Theory"
One thing...since the Colby AUDIO has shown up.....there is no way of bonding with Nick if either of them ends up runner up (due to the time spent at the ranch). Why spend time in Vegas (unless they got to spend time wth them prior) with someone who had four swollen tastebuds and "still" beat you in the IC (when they had a chance to avoid all of this).

Lizz Just Is

04-03-01, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Why spend time..."
Except that Jeff has said that he is friends with Jerri, and yet they spent even less time together than Nick and Colby have...

Remember, if Colby Audio is true, those booted prior to jury were kept seperate from those booted later. (sent to resort vs. sent to ranch)...

Also, Colby and Nick will have lived together in the Outback for at least 12 days... the same length as Mitch and Colby who obviously bonded enough to go to Vegas, even though Colby and Mitch would have been kept seperate once (if) Colby was booted from the show...

And Mitch should be more bitter toward Colby than Nick or Colby should be toward each other... Mitch was double-crossed, but Nick was voted out by a well-played, honorable strategy... Nick and Colby will have no hard feelings toward each other at the end of the game...

Additionally, if audio is to be believed, why are Nick and Mitch friends?...

I realize there are really no good answers to these questions, but my thought is... WRAP PARTY!!!

I have to sleep on this "spoiler," before I decide how much faith I'm willing to put in it... w/o the picture, I'd be claiming this was another case of a attention-seeking liar, but the pic definately means they met, and the story has an air of believability... but I'm not buying it... yet.

04-03-01, 01:30 AM (EST)
23. "Not true"
>Except that Jeff has said that
>he is friends with Jerri,
>and yet they spent even
>less time together than Nick
>and Colby have...
>
>Remember, if Colby Audio is true,
>those booted prior to jury
>were kept seperate from those
>booted later. (sent to
>resort vs. sent to ranch)...

.....both groups of bootees were sent to the ranch, the difference is that the jury members had to STAY there whereas the other bootees were free to travel around the contitnent...when they traveled all tgheir expenses were paid by CBS and they stayed in nothing but the finest of RESORTS...Mithell stated that he traveled with Mad Dog and they entered many karioke (sp?) contests along the way.

It is not known how much traveling Jeff did although it looks like he definitely spent some time at the ranch cause he was there to "have a lot of fun with Debb" who was only there herself for a short amount of time cause she traveled to China to visit her son.

>Also, Colby and Nick will have
>lived together in the Outback
>for at least 12 days...
>the same length as Mitch
>and Colby who obviously bonded
>enough to go to Vegas,
>even though Colby and Mitch
>would have been kept seperate
>once (if) Colby was booted
>from the show...
>

...the point of the spoiler is not that they are friends, but that they both spent time at the RANCH...it has nothing to do with bonding time for Nick and Colby, although the more "down time" (no pressure of playing Survivor) spent together would provide the best bonding chances....which seems to fit this spoiler if Nick and Colby are the next two out, as many are theorizing.

>
>Additionally, if audio is to be
>believed, why are Nick and
>Mitch friends?...

...simple, they are friends cause Nick bonded with Jerri at the ranch who is GOOD friends with Mitch, also Mitch at some point must've returned to the ranch for the end of the show, which would've given him at least a few days to bond with Nick, Jerri, Jeff, Alicia and Colby (all people he has had post-survivor contact with)

04-03-01, 01:54 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Not true"
According to an interview with Mad Dog... which I did NOT read, but I read about on ss.com, and then they cleaned house, and well, I'm rambling...

Anyway, Mad Dog said that the jury was strictly kept seperate from all crew members and all prior evictees, so that their vote would not be influenced. They were only allowed to socialize with each other.

Like I said, I do not know the source on the interview, but there was no real spoiler info... it seemed quite believable, but it could have been a fake... do we have any other source that could tell us if they were allowed to make contact or if they were "sequestered"...

If Nick and Colby are both booted as the spoiler suggests, then this cements the belief that they would become friends... especially if it ends up being Alicia, Jerri, Nick and Colby on the jury first... Alicia and Jerri became friends, so why not Nick and Colby...

Anyway, my point to the post originally was in response to "Why spend time in Vegas (unless they got to spend time wth them prior) with someone who had four swollen tastebuds and "still" beat you in the IC"

I was just trying to point out that:

1) Colby and Nick already will have plenty of time to get to know each other (at least 12 days... same as Colby and Nick) without the ranch...

2) They will have no ill feelings toward each other because of the IC this past week... both were just playing a very fair game

3) Other Survivors (Jeff/Jerri was first example that popped in my head) have become friends and spent time together with even less time together than Nick and Colby, so there is no reason to believe that colby and Nick must go soon in order for them to become friends... same argument I made for Alicia and Jerri, but look how well that held up... Except Jerri and Alicia travelled immediately after the show, while Nick and Colby (and Mitch) met in Vegas many months later...

4) Even if the spoiler is true, Colby or Nick could conceivably make it to third-to-last... only real spoiler info is that they were sent to the ranch... meaning NOT final two.

However, the more I consider this spoiler, the more I believe it... like I said... I need to sleep on it...

04-03-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Whole lot of spoiling going on"
...but, sleeeve, I don't remember any such thing as a claim of segregation between the jury and the other bootees. We know everyone who was booted was sent to the ranch; as shakes says. the resort reference just referred to the traveling that Mitchell and the non-jury bootees got to do. As you point out, Colby and Nick probably know each other well enough right now (after at least 12 days together in Barramundi) to go on a Vegas trip together -- remember, Maralyn and Tina only spent 9 days in Ogakor together (especially true if Tina is in the final 3). Plus, without Jerri clinging to Colby, the Colbster will have more chance to socialize!

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "a couple points"
I'd like to point out a couple of things:
1) People hanging out in Vegas doesn't necessarily mean they're the best of friends. From what I've seen, they were in town for the "Eco-Challenge" screening. After the screening, wouldn't it make sense that the guys basically said:
"What are you doing now?"
"I dunno. What are you doing?"
"I thought I'd hit the casinos. Wanna come?"
"Sure."
That would pretty much match any number of conversations I had with acquaintances around the time I was that age.
2) Even if we have to assume they are great friends now, would that be so unusual, regardless of boot order? They've been through an exciting, somewhat hellish experience together. As anyone knows who has been through a fraternity Hell Week or a military boot camp can tell you, people going through that tend to bond.

Basically, I think this is a good spoiler in that it shows they were both booted at some point. Reading more into it than that is a mistake, though (imho).

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: My (Revised) Theory"
I see much of your theory panning out with one glaring exception. My assessment of Colby winning is about 1 in a million. In fact, I honestly believe he is the least likely of the remaining seven to win. Here are some reasons why:

1) Much debated Nick/Colby ranch-handing together.
2) Colby is strongest remaining player and will likely become a target by at least some each week.
3) C/T secret alliance doesn't exist (my respectful opinion) and even if it does, Tina has shown a shrewd willingness to dispense of anyone who stands in her way, which Colby certainly would.
4) Colby has most votes of remaining 7.
5) Colby would not win most Final 2 scenarios because he will have estranged himself from most by a) playing double agent, b) his cockiness and c) his temper. NOTE: should any of these character assessments be disputed I will gladly back them up with specific examples. The only thing working for Colby was the kind gift of seashells - even if they were presented with backhanded insults - but this is already forgotten about.

I see all the guys in somewhat precarious positions and see three straight male bootees leading up to Final 4, with Nick and Colby being the sure things. Either Rog or Keith (probably Keith) make it into Final 4 with Liz, Tina and Amber. From there, I won't even guess.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "A thought"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-01 AT 02:10 PM (EST)

This leads me to mention a theory proposed by a friend of mine. She believes that MB is Satan (I think everyone can agree this far--I myself prefer to reserve "Satan" for Coach K, but that's a personal pet peeve), and that he can/will manipulate anything (i.e., how did he get the Lord of the Flies to fall into the fire?).

The view here is that it is unlikely that MB will allow a gender imbalance in the Final Four. The same theory extends to other sorts of imbalance--for instance, there was no way MB was going to allow Nick to go last week, since that would put two African-American faces all by themselves on the jury this week, with all the white folk still in the game--not exactly a thing that would endear a lot of folks to the show.

I vacillate daily on how much I buy into MB's powers of manipulation. But I have noticed that much of the discussion here centers on the thoughts and actions of the players. There's some discussion of what MB's up to, but not all that much in the context of his mighty manipulative powers. I'm curious as to what people think of this.

(Edited immediately after inital post to complete the message because I was a twit and hit the "enter" key prematurely)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: My (Revised) Theory"
I agree P2S. There is no way Colby is winning this unless he won every immunity challenge from here on. And even then he may not win the final vote. For the same reason he wants to target Nick (and Alicia before) he will not get to the end. He has the strength that makes him a target to the other players. Who wants to compete against Colby in an IC when you are down to the final 3? Nobody.

I think Nick and Colby are going to be on the jury very shortly.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "This is my theory and it is mine"
Keith's comment about this being the perfect time to oust Jerri bothers me... he must have a reason to trust Amber. That's why I posted my wacky theory about a K/A secret alliance. Speculation based on that would then mean...

E10 - Bye, bye Nick. He knows he's got a target on his back, and the Ogies will stick together. Amber appears to be resigning to a 4th place finish by sticking with the ones who brung her, instead of trying to forge a new alliance. But since she knew Jerri was going and just voted for Lis to mislead the Kucha, her loyalties are where they've been since the merge. Jerri got her to the merge, but she knew she had to forge a new alliance in the merged tribe to have a prayer of going anywhere.

E11 - Gotta let Lis go. They need to get down to 1 last Kucha to be able to pull off their plan. She's a bigger risk in IC's then Rodger. If she wins IC, though, it's bye Kentucky Joe. K/A still can't play their hand too early.

E12 - K/A say to the final Kucha (Lis or Rodger), "How would you like to finish in the final 3?" The Kuchie says OK, and they vote off Tina. (I'm about to explain why Tina instead of Colby...)

Final 4 - Colby, L/R, Keith, Amber. Unless Colby wins IC, it's time for him to go. Keith waited to vote him off until the 4 so that he could win a 2-2 tie if they had a renegade Kuchie on their hands. If they had kept Tina instead, then Tina could have said to the Kuchie, "Hodja like tuh bee in thuh finual tew?" and the two of them could get Keith out, since Tina knows he has votes against him. Tina and Rodger have no votes and Lis has 2, so Keith would lose in a 2-2 tie against one of them. Colby has no such protection

Final 3 - L/R, Keith, Amber - an Ogie wins and gets rid of the final Kuchie.

Keith/Amber final (per the opening sequence spoiler) - Jerri the black widow kills her mate and does the unthinkable -- voting for Keith! The chef wins, and shows that the main reason he had his party planned for the beginning of April was that he knew his calendar would be a lot busier once the final was broadcast (originally planned for late April, then it got pushed to May).

04-03-01, 05:26 PM (EST)
33. "Could be!"
Bebo, very believeable. I especially like the "black widow" twist at the end. A lot of the "spoiler framework" supports it too! One of the better scenarios so far. If Colby doesn't go in EP11 I'll be back to study it...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: This is my theory and it is mine"
Two more thoughts...

If Rodger is voted off in E11 instead of Lis in my scenario, then the Boston Herald spoiler that she makes the final four can still be true.

Another possibility for the black widow comment...maybe the final 2 is an Ogie vs a Kucha. The votes go down tribal lines, except that Jerri votes against her tribe-mate, thus making the Kucha the winner. So maybe Lis wins, and the significance of the opening sequence is to show Lis's immunity headdress overcoming Keith and Amber.

It's fun pondering again, since ousting Jerri gave us a break from watching "Pick Off The Kucha". Oh, the possibilities!

04-03-01, 10:13 PM (EST)
37. "Fun"
An interesting theory, Bebo. But let me propose an alternate. Keith sees himself as the "unaligned" party here. He has been voting with Ogakor, but his links there are weaker than we have been speculating. He expects the rest of Ogakor to vote as a bloc, however. His goal is to get to the final two, and then anything could happen. E10: Ogakor needs to oust Nick or lose control. E11: a Keith defection here could spell Colby's doom. But he worries Tina and Amber might persuade Liz to turn on him in E12 (remember, he sees himself as "outside" the alliances). So he goes along with the Ogakor bloc to vote Rodger (Liz is immune).

But then it turns on immunities. Scenario #1: If Liz is not immune, she goes in E12. Then, in E13, Keith and Tina take out their biggest threat: Colby. Scenario #2: If Liz is immune, Keith and Liz vote to oust Colby immediately. Colby and Amber probably vote for Keith. How does Tina vote? I think she votes for Colby, on the theory that in this final four (Keith-Tina-Amber-Elisabeth), she controls the balance of power for the next vote. This, by the way, is the only scenario consistent with the Boston Herald "Liz in Final Four" scenario that I think is likely...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-01, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "CBS promo"
Is CBS running a new preview now? I only caught part of it on CBS tonight. But it sounded like they were asking if the team would turn on Tina. Did I hear that right? I walked in the room and heard them mention the Tina remark and then they showed Liz saying it could be her or Rodger. I wish I had seen the whole preview. Did anyone else see this?

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "(JUST A PUSH)"
n/m

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •