The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Frontier House"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrzrich 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrzrich Click to send private message to mrzrich Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Frontier House"
This is a true survival show!

I love the Glenn Family. They went into it with the right attitude. They knew it would be tough and that they would have to make sacrifices.

That Clune Family is a bunch of Yuppie Whiners! What did they expect? Wah Wah! "I can't wear make up! Wah Wah! The water's soooo far. You could see the house from the creek! Thats not far at all! They need to ration that food and stop eating scones with honey everyday!

The Brooks family has it toughest, building a house from scratch with just two people. It will be interesting to see how the new bride adds to the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Frontier House SkyRaider 04-30-02 1
 This is a Great Show! AddieRacer 05-01-02 2
 This show was great! Silvergirl1 05-07-02 3
 RE: Frontier House dabo 06-06-02 4
 RE: Frontier House spartan 06-10-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Frontier House"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-02 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

Yeah, this is the best "reality" show that I have seen yet! Too bad there's only tonight and tomorrow night left of it on PBS.

The Clunes, with Malibu Mom & Dad, should have considered that bringing the extra teenage cousin for their daughter to have as a playmate would have seriously eaten into their food supplies.

It's a very interesting show from a historical stand point, with so much detail that has gone into it for accuracy.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more posted on Blows before now.

For anyone interested in learning more and perhaps tuing in this evening and actually learning something from the boob tube:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/frontierhouse/

AddieRacer 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-01-02, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AddieRacer Click to send private message to AddieRacer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "This is a Great Show!"
PBS - which knows a lot about reality programming - did a really good job. Without the money prize and without the voting out...there's still suspense and a lot of "drama." If it were not on three nights in a row, maybe the boards would have caught up with it. Also, I assume it's not on everywhere in the country at the same time.

The final episode is up against TAR tonight! Wish I didn't have to earn money; it's affecting my TV time.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "This show was great!"
I thought this show was better than Survivor in a lot of ways. The families interactions were interesting and I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of admired all of them for trying this experiment. I was wondering if they got paid any amount of money for appearing on the show.

The Clunes came back home to a gorgeous mansion that I could just not believe. It was so huge and beautiful that they got lost in it. After living in that tiny cabin - wow, what a contrast.

All in all, I think that all of them garnered a lot of insight from being cast in a different time period. One thing that would have been different though, is that wild game hunting would have been allowed - the Clunes (and the others) would have been able to provide more meat for their table.

The Glenns, unfortunately, split up when they came home. Their marriage was clearly in trouble. I don't know why he married her in the first place if he didn't want to be a stepfather and I don't think that she was really ready to trust someone in a marriage and learn how to compromise.

SG

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-02, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Frontier House"
I loved this show, it was incredible. Fortunately, one of our PBS stations ran all the episodes back-to-back one Sunday or I'd never have gotten to see most of it.

Latest news, from TV GUIDE:
A new Frontier MARK GLENN GOES BACK TO THE LAND

"Was I happy? No. Did I like who I was before I went out there? Not at all," says Mark Glenn, 45, who suffered a midlife meltdown during the five months he spent in Montana for Frontier House, PBS's addictive reality series that aired in April and May. "I felt like there were a lot of questions I had to ask myself that were painful. A lot of the answers were painful, too."

Frontier House followed three families living in the wilderness from May to October 2001 without electricity or plumbing, as if they were 1880s pioneers. At the end, a panel of experts judged whether they could survive a winter. While Glenn and his wife, Karen, 36, a school nurse, had stored enough food to feed themselves and Karen's children from a previous marriage (Erinn, 13, and Logan, 9), the judges worried that their relationship wouldn't last until the spring thaw. They had the right idea: The Nashville couple are heading for divorce. "I know she's filed, and I know I was willing to sign papers," Glenn says. "I think {divorce} is an eventuality and it's rather sad." (Karen declined to comment.)

Glenn quit his job as a community-college instructor to return to his log cabin in Montana, just for the month of June -- not, as rumor has it, permanently. He's also writing a book about what he calls, "value systems of yesterday and today," and he intends to hit the college-lecture circuit. "I have to live in the 21st century," he says. "But I don't have to keep up with the Joneses. I don't have to live like that anymore."

SMILES ARE FREE

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-10-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Frontier House"
It's funny how perceptions can be so different. Throughout the show, I dis-liked the Glenn's and the dislike deepened as time went on.

First off, this wasn't a game show. Your results have nothing to do with what anyone else is doin - there is no prize for the "best prepared" or anything. Given that, MYOFB. Listening to the Glenn woman go on and on about the Clunes got old quickly.

Second, what a shrew! Yikes, living with her has to be just one step above hell.

All in all, I enjoyed the show. I thought the Clunes looked ridiculous, the Glenn's pathetic but I'd bet dollars to donuts that the Brooks family is happy over the long term.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •