The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This is crap"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This is crap"
Amazing race has lost it. Families? Could you get more boring?
Do we have to put up with Phil's family speech at the end of each episode.

Its supposed to be about world travel, not boring americans traveling across their country and having no real problems. And can no one read a map?

Go back to the old way please!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This is crap LibraRising 09-28-05 1
   RE: This is crap Just_Us_Moms 10-13-05 35
 RE: This is crap tvgeek401 09-28-05 2
 RE: This is crap cityangel 09-29-05 3
   RE: This is crap dabo 09-29-05 4
 RE: This is crap venomousveins 10-04-05 5
 RE: This is crap stephanyjml 10-05-05 6
   Agree dabo 10-05-05 7
   RE: This is crap Max Headroom 10-05-05 16
       RE: This is crap tvgeek401 10-05-05 19
 RE: This is crap okaychatt 10-05-05 8
   RE: This is crap dragonflies 10-05-05 9
       RE: This is crap okaychatt 10-05-05 10
       These teams outside of the U.S.? cahaya 10-06-05 24
   RE: This is crap Lisa0116 10-05-05 11
 "The Annoying Race" Furious_George 10-05-05 12
 The most boring hour in television Hoobie 10-05-05 13
 RE: This is crap venomousveins 10-05-05 14
 RE: This is crap okaychatt 10-05-05 15
 RE: This is crap Max Headroom 10-05-05 17
 RE: This is crap Furious_George 10-05-05 18
 Are you kidding!? Rhyn 10-05-05 20
   RE: Are you kidding!? tvgeek401 10-05-05 21
   RE: Are you kidding!? Earl Colby Pottinger 10-06-05 23
       RE: Are you kidding!? cahaya 10-06-05 25
 RE: THIS IS CRAP! foonermints 10-06-05 22
 RE: This is crap julian 10-07-05 26
   RE: This is crap KaysarMolester 10-08-05 27
       RE: This is crap okaychatt 10-08-05 28
   RE: This is crap cahaya 10-08-05 29
       The Annoying Race: Family Edition "... Furious_George 10-09-05 30
           RE: The Annoying Race: Family Editi... choochoo 10-09-05 31
           RE: The Annoying Race: Family Editi... cahaya 10-10-05 32
               RE: The Annoying Race: Family Editi... catsnotkids 10-13-05 33
                   RE: The Annoying Race: Family Editi... Karchita 10-13-05 34
                       RE: The Annoying Race: Family Editi... Furious_George 10-26-05 42
 RE: This is crap celinedion1 10-16-05 36
   RE: This is crap Earl Colby Pottinger 10-16-05 37
 RE: This is crap strid333 10-16-05 38
   RE: This is crap wharf rat 10-19-05 39
   Yes it is rottersod 10-19-05 40
 RE: This is crap anotherkim 10-23-05 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-05, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This is crap"
I was just talking to my dad (who is 78) about this very thing. Especially the idiots with maps. This is the only reality show my dad will watch (or at least admit to watching), and even he said he could do better than some of these teams in finding his way around Lancaster. Granted, he's from Philadelphia, but still...

And I guess we can't hope for the return of real clues like the early seasons if there are teams who don't know that Pennsylvania is a state.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Just_Us_Moms 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-13-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Just_Us_Moms Click to send private message to Just_Us_Moms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: This is crap"
Ugh, I have to agree. This season sucks.

Episode 1 was OK, but it's been downhill since. Tuesday's show was completely boring. A trip to space camp?? Come on!
Check out our AMAZING RACE blog:
Just Us MOMS!
http://moms.vocis.com

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-28-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This is crap"
I didn't think the first episode was too bad.
But at least we have season 9 to look forward to.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie

cityangel 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-29-05, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cityangel Click to send private message to cityangel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This is crap"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-05 AT 01:07 AM (EST)

This is my first post, I've lurked on this site for awhile, but my disappointment w/ TAR has brought me to the surface. --- I totally agree. I already emailed CBS and 'expressed my disappointment'. I started watching Amazing Race a few seasons ago and loved it. I loved the adventure/world travels. They did things that most of us only dream of having the opportunity. And this new season has stripped all of that. So instead of watching adults crawling into the underbelly of the Great Pyramid, bungee jumping off a ravine in the middle of a jungle, trying to break through the language barrier with their cab driver in China.. we now get to watch children singing "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain" in the middle of a farm in Pennsylvania. Whooooo. I've even heard they're not even leaving North America this season!! So the show has gone from once in a lifetime world travel experiences to a family vacation. No thanks. I'll be watching reruns on GSN. And pray they bring back the normal format next season. -- Thanks for letting me get that off my chest

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-05, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This is crap"
Welcome aboard. As I said somewhere else, this season of TAR is brought to us by the words "jump" and "shark."

ARRRRRRR!!!!

venomousveins 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail venomousveins Click to send private message to venomousveins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This is crap"
I was sitting there, watching "My Name Is Earl" while taping The Annoying Race (yes, it is possible to do that), and flipped over a couple of times while EARL was in commercial mode. And I couldn't help wondering WHY I was bothering to record it, or if I'm really gonna watch that whole thing! With four people on a team, there's a lot more chance of at least a couple of them constantly fighting or whining... and one or two of them ANNOYING you... and that is definitely the case here! Bickering Americans of all ages, who have NO personality , driving around lost, with snotty know-it-all little kids in the back seat.... what a CRAPPY SHOW THIS IS!!!!!! The only family that I started to care about went home last week!

Hey, CBS- The Race USED to be a GREAT program... anybody there ever heard of "DON'T FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROKE"????!!!!!!!!! OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll just watch "Earl" next week. Now THAT is entertainment!

stephanyjml 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stephanyjml Click to send private message to stephanyjml Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This is crap"
I agree w/ everybody. I came over here from the fanatics forum bc I used to be a fanatic. This is ridiculous!!!!
I started watching during season 6 then caught up on all the seasons when they aired on GSN and loved them. I found that I usually became interested in a few teams and stayed w/ them the entire season. I can't stand any of these teams, I guess the Schroeder and Aiello families are ok. I gave it two weaks but I still don't like it. I can't even tell you who got eliminated bc I stopped watching when the Weavers did well again. I suppose every show has an off season and this is TARs, remember Dallas and Pam's dream?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Agree"
While this series has some interesting things about it, it is really an offbeat junior TAR so far. They should have done this as an offshoot, American Road Race brought to you by the producers of The Amazing Race, instead of as a regular edition of the show. I like Americana, I have enjoyed that aspect, but TAR for me is not Americana but rather a round-the-world adventure.

Still, I suppose I should be thankful we'll be spared the Calcutta leg this time.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: This is crap"
You started watching TAR during season 6 and you actually came back to watch again? TAR6 was the worst.season.ever. Freddy and Kendra? Come on!

10-05-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: This is crap"
ditto on the total crappiness of season six.

I'm actually sort of enjoying this season. Yeah, it isn't as great as regular TAR, but some TAR is better than none at all.

As long as the stupid praying family with the banshee daughters
or the 'desperate housewives' don't win.

Besides, what else is there to watch on Tuesday nights? A rerun of America's Next Top Model? I'll just watch people get Philimiated, tyvm.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
7-02-03
Or you can just do what I do and play the great games they've got on this board. It's what kept me watching ASS.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This is crap"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-05 AT 08:36 AM (EST)

Don't know - don't care what happened on TAR after I turned it off last night.

B-O-R-I-N-G.

This confirms for me that it's the combination of racing and foreign travel that attracts me.

I know the U.S. has terrific sites, but I WANT INTERNATIONAL SITES.

I want to see teams trying to communicate in Portuguese, when all they know is English.

I want to see teams negotiating the winding, intertwining inner city streets of Cairo.

I want to see teams frantically trying to serve tea to an executive in a warren of offices in New Delhi.

I want to see teams using oxen to plow a rice paddy. (It's more fun if one of the oxen is "broken".)

I want the REAL TAR back!

That is all.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This is crap"
I agree. But even staying in North America could be a bit more interesting to watch. There needs to be more stress. That was the beauty of TAR, watching teams cope under stress. The biggest stress we've seen is trying to read a map and going to the wrong place, which didn't eliminate the latter team anyway. What's wrong with cross continental flights or road trips. longer than 90 miles?

siggie by arkie

10-05-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: This is crap"
<There needs to be more stress

Exactly. And that is created when trying to get around in a country not your own where you don't speak their language or aren't already familiar with their customs.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "These teams outside of the U.S.?"
Given what we've seen of some of these teams so far, would we really want to see them wandering outside the U.S. as defacto ambassadors?

Nah, I'm glad most of these teams are staying within the U.S. borders.

Mrs. Weaver: Isn't India the state where the Indy 500 is run?

A spooky tribephyl creation

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-05-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This is crap"
I watched at a friends house last night. Let me tell you-she was bored stiff. There was VERY little in the way of challenges-just alot of jumping in and out of vehicles, driving, and opening envelopes. Woo Woo. It was an extremely boring episode.

Furious_George 41 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Furious_George Click to send private message to Furious_George Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. ""The Annoying Race""
YUCK! GAG! GASP! (And "DITTOS!" all around!)

Such grating TEDIUM!!!!!

At least when The Apprentice or Survivor are BAD, they are still watchable, like the proverbial "train wreck that you can't look away from". But this is SO awful that sitting through it is like having somebody drill holes in your head!!!

I DON'T CARE WHO GETS ELIMINATED, AND I HAVE NO INTEREST IN WHICH TEAM WINS!!!!!!

And I had NO trouble in finding the strength to hit the OFF button!!!!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "The most boring hour in television"
Right here on SeeBS, Tuesday nights.

I cannot believe that I've sat through 3 hours of this now, essentially watching people sit in a car. Un-freaking-believable. This was a bad idea from the start, and there are no redeeming qualities. The Road Block?? I was gagging when the father accepted the Road Block, because he was 'up for the physical' challenge. As it turned out, it was walking at a leisurely pace looking over people's shoulders at their briefcase, and speaking 4 words.

This is the epitome of dull!

venomousveins 36 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail venomousveins Click to send private message to venomousveins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: This is crap"
"Do we have to put up with Phil's family speech at the end of each episode."

I think it would be much more appropriate, in keeping with the new focus of the show, to have Barney The Purple Dinosaur waiting for the families on the mat instead of Phil Keoghan.

10-05-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: This is crap"
This edition isn't amazing.

It's just a race.

BLECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: This is crap"
Agreed, this season is TAR-lite (with extra saccharine). Bickering families riding in big SUVs just don't meet my expectations for TAR. I'm looking forward to TAR9, assuming the producers don't stunt-cast 957 sets of dating models again.

10-05-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Furious_George Click to send private message to Furious_George Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: This is crap"
Sigh...... if only THIS had turned out to be true!!!!!

http://blog.biggeststars.com/archives/2005/08/amazing_race_8.html

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Are you kidding!?"
I love this season so far. Usually, I am not sure of the clues, but this season, I know immediately when idiots make mistakes, like going east instead of west and heading to the Lincoln Memorial instead of the Capitol building.

It makes me feel all smart.

And I cannot tell you how incredibly much I dug the spy/D.C. stuff last night. That was a hilarious roadblock.

10-05-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Are you kidding!?"
And I cannot tell you how incredibly much I dug the spy/D.C. stuff last night. That was a hilarious roadblock.

I agree. That one made me laugh.

I like seeing places that I've actually been to.

But for all you haters, just think...when season nine airs, you'll have a newfound appreciation of the seven teams of dating models/actors.

7-02-03

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-06-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Are you kidding!?"
First, this TAR while not as good as the best TARs, is still better than the worse TARs.

And any TAR is better than what else is on TV. I wasted time watching 'Lost', they implied that they were going to gives us clues on what is going on, what they showed once you think about it was really NOTHING of use to understanding the situation.

Now TAR8.
Even with my lack of knowledge of America I find it easy to spot the mistakes of the families very early on. This raises the tension for me waiting to find out when they will correct the problem - and with the families doing thier own driving almost every single mistake is on the families heads. Additionally, I have rough map of America in my head - I know where the families are going. In places like China and India often we don't know the drivers are going in the wrong direction or taking the longer route until the racers figure it out too.

I am really starting to warm to the idea that racers should do thier own driving in these countries too, let the racers arrive at the wrong place because they mixed up, not because someone was trying to cheat them, pad a bill, or out and out lie to try and get thier money.

As for the Spy vs Spy, I know it was highly random - but there are ways to speed up the exchanges. Asking someone who was asked by another player is a waste. Look around and see if you see a clump in the spies so you can ask a number of them very quickly. Plan your routing as you go so you don't backtrack then go forward again. Pace yourself.

Yes, I am enjoying this TAR.

10-06-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Are you kidding!?"
I'll second all you said in your post, and like you, I plan to watch the season the whole way through.

We'll see more of the bimbos, models, psychopaths, and dysfunctional couples next season. I welcome the break from it.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: THIS IS CRAP!"
Yes, yes it is.

This is the KukulGods first and last entry.

julian 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail julian Click to send private message to julian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: This is crap"
The previous amazing races were too compelling,what with all the world travel,exotic locations,interesting contestants etc.This whole season smells of a corporate move to do TAR on the cheap.I hope whoever thought of this fiasco gets fired.

KaysarMolester 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-08-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KaysarMolester Click to send private message to KaysarMolester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: This is crap"
I miss the tigers and temples of rats and head shaving and bungee jumping and all the other good stuff!! I don't want to watch a bunch of IDIOTS standing at the wrong reflecting pool for 2 hours! By the way it said which pool in the CLUE!!!

10-08-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
28. "RE: This is crap"
<By the way it said which pool in the CLUE!!!

Well, undoubtedly it did. But then, the casting agents were looking for clueless people.

10-08-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
29. "RE: This is crap"
First, welcome to these boards, julian.

Maybe See-Bee-Ess was looking to do a season on the cheap. I think it may have to do more with an experiment in having a sort of patriotic all-US (or all N.America) all-family edition, more Disney PG than previous races. It's probably an experiment on their part to see if it draws ratings. If the ratings get weak, they probably won't repeat the family edition thing. If the ratings look good, expect them to mix in family editions with the usual international editions.

I wonder... I don't see the U.S. commercials here in Asia, but are the commercials obviously different for the TAR Family edition than they are for the Int'l edition? Something tells me the Family edition would get a somewhat different kind of sponsorship (advertising) base.

10-09-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
30. "The Annoying Race: Family Edition "Brain"storming Session at SeeBS"
Behind the scenes at the actual revolutionary decision-making process.

Genius #1: Boss, we have come up with a GREAT idea!

Genius #2: An Amazing Race featuring entire FAMILIES!

Genius #3: It'll get everyone in every household interested in watching!

Genius #1: And be the perfect vehicle to sell ALL KINDS of crap during the commercial breaks!

The Big Boss: I love it!

Genius 1: Of course, if we have families with little kids, we won't be able to have any dangerous tasks...

Genius 2: .... so that means no skydiving or parasailing...

Genius 3: ....or rappeling, or zip lines....

Genius 1: ....cave crawling, rock climbing, or bungee jumping...

Genius 2: ....we can't have any nasty food challenges...

Genius 1: ..and it's a big enough hassle getting a couple dozen sets of helmets and safety gear of the appropriate sizes waiting at each particular task, without trying to be prepared for twice that amount....

Genius 3: So, we were thinking that most tasks could just involve one person, while the rest of them stand around wondering where he went.

Genius 1: And we're talking about families of four, so it's likely that there will be much more "friction" between them than in previous teams...

Genius 2: ...more bickering...

Genius 3: ...more arguing...

Genius 3: .....more complaining....

Genius 1: Of course, it will be a huge logistical problem, moving everyone around....

Genius 2: ...we we won't be able to fit everybody into one small car, so we definitely can't use taxis or tuk-tuks....

Genius 3: ....or Trabants.... or bicycles, or canoes, or anything less than a big American SUV.

Genius 1: Plus, it's enough of a nightmare getting two dozen people around the world in airplanes and having them all arrive in the same country within a few hours of each other....

Genius 2: ....and we're talking at least FORTY people here, so there's no way we could possibly get them all in planes going to the same place.

Genius 3: And it could be risky, taking little kids to foreign countries....

Genius 1: ....so we're thinking that we should just SKIP the world travel part, put them all in big American SUVs, and let them drive up and down the east coast, solving all of the above problems! And maybe after we thin them out enough to get on the same flight, we could send them all to, say South America. Amazing Race Lite!

The Big Boss: I love it!!!!! How soon can we start shooting????!!!!!!!

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The Annoying Race: Family Edition "Brain"storming Session at SeeBS"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-05 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

Genius 4: Oh, and by the way boss, we can kiss that fourth Emmy goodbye.

The Big Boss: Really?

Genius 4: Yeah, but think of the money we save by not having to fly all the families to L.A. for the red carpet ceremony.

The Big Boss: GENIUS!

10-10-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The Annoying Race: Family Edition "Brain"storming Session at SeeBS"
the perfect vehicle to sell ALL KINDS of crap during the commercial breaks!

Do you mean like...

Amish farm play action sets, complete with buggies and miniature watermill outhouses?

George Washington Crossing the Delaware play action set, complete with detachable flags?

Mother Hubbard in-the-shoe play action sets, fun for the whole family?

Official TAR fold-up-tent, with 100-step assembly instructions in 10 different languages?

Official TAR maps of the U.S., complete with the names of every state (for those who don't know where Pennsylvania and Washington D.C. are)?

And other zany stuff that will come out during Christmas, half of which will be returned to the store the day after?

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The Annoying Race: Family Edition "Brain"storming Session at SeeBS"
I started watching TAR with Season 1 and have never missed a season. It's by far my favorite show - reality or otherwise. I am constantly recommending other people to check it out.

This year - SUCKS! I thought I'd be posting in "fanatics" and instead - here I am. I cannot believe how awful and BORING this is! I didn't even watch this week - I couldn't stand it.

Do the producers of this show think it's interesting to watch people riding in a car around Washington DC reading a map and getting lost? Um, no - if I want to see that I'll take my own family vacation.

Not leaving the USA and having teams of four, including kids, is STUPID - it takes away from the whole attraction of the show.

I can't believe, frankly, that ANYONE is watching this show seriously anymore, other than flipping back and forth between other shows.

Total disappointment. They've RUINED my favorite show - hell I looked forward to watching it all summer and now... let down.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-13-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The Annoying Race: Family Edition "Brain"storming Session at SeeBS"
You have put your finger on something I didn't realize ...
Tar 8 sucks because it reminds me of childhood family vacations and reliving THOSE is NOT entertainment.

I love the international aspect of TAR and the language problems, the currency problems, the jet lag, the way the in-your-face third world poverty reveals racers' character and all the surprises of international travel. I only travel in the US when I have to or can't manage to go overseas. Why would I watch that on TV?

This season is a disaster. What were they thinking?

10-26-05, 05:30 PM (EST)
42. "RE: The Annoying Race: Family Edition "Brain"storming Session at SeeBS"
"Tar 8 sucks because it reminds me of childhood family vacations and reliving THOSE is NOT entertainment.

I love the international aspect of TAR and the language problems, the currency problems, the jet lag, the way the in-your-face third world poverty reveals racers' character and all the surprises of international travel."

Awwwwwwww, come on- ya mean you weren't on the edge of your seat, watching that bored little kid pick her nose while riding on the bus??? I found it to be RIVETING.

I think another reason that it's so tiresome is the Four Person Dynamic. Even with teams of two, it took us a while to get an idea what each personality was like, and how they dealt with their partner. So we could be waiting for Colin's next meltdown, or snickering at an exasperated Hera as Gus was enjoying that good German beer. But now, there's JUST SO BLASTED MANY PEOPLE, I couldn't begin to tell you their NAMES, much less keep track of who's a hothead, who is a whiner... this time they ALL seem to be a big blur of hotheads and whiners, actually.

Somebody please fire up Weird Al doing "Can't Watch This"!!!!!!!

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-05, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celinedion1 Click to send private message to celinedion1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: This is crap"
This season is falling short of my expectations. When I first heard about TAR doing the race with families I thought that it would be cool. I thought that the race would be as it always is but with more drama. Well instead this season is all in America and has challenges like bild a birdhouse or whatever they were building. There is nothing exciting this season. There are no taxi's, no different countrys, no real traveling. There is nothing exciting this season. I know that this season just started but I would still think that they would of make this season more interesting regarless or not if the families have kids. Also if they were so cocerned about little kids thna they should of had an age limite like 16 or something. Even though I like seeing the historical sites of the US and I liked the concept of family TAR, I still think that this season could of been done better. Oh well maybe things will pick up later on in this season but I just hope that it's sooner than later if at all.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-16-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: This is crap"
BirdHouse? If birds are that big in your area you are in trouble.

Keep an eye on the sky

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: This is crap"
I agree. It is boring and the Americana patriotism does NOTHING for me (because I'm Canadian). Am I completely against seeing things in the USA? No. In fact I've seen some things in the US - some national parks and Mount Rushmore. I have seen more things in Canada, of course.

The race itself doesn't have the excitement that it used to. There is no worry of missing a flight. Oooooh, we're running low on gas. Then go to a gas station, idiot! And we aren't seeing different cultures, which is one of the biggest reasons, why I watch the show.

I still say they should let Canucks compete in the show.

Trick or treat. Smell my feet.

wharf rat 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wharf%20rat Click to send private message to wharf%20rat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: This is crap"
No wonder Commander in Chief has so many viewers. It's got me now. Tired of the Amazing Blah

rottersod 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rottersod Click to send private message to rottersod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Yes it is"
I am extremely disappointed with this season. So much so that I've cancelled my Tivo season pass and stopped watching it. It was so boring after 3 episodes I couldn't take it anymore.

One of the best things in previous seasons was the rush to the airport and the hope that one or two teams would be able to beat the others and get on an early flight. The Rob/Amber season was great because for the first half I really felt that TAR had planted them there to try and trip up the other teams. I kept hoping it was true and that at some point Phil was going to announce something like Rob/Amber were not eligible for the grand prize but that they received a special prize for every leg of the race they won. Unfortunately it never happened.

I loved the older seasons where the old couple had to scale sheer cliffs or do really difficult physical tasks.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: This is crap"

I think TAR got too caught up in their own hype about "human drama" and totally lost sight of the fact that people watched the show because they love the travel aspect of it combined with the tasks. Hell, I'm still irked that they don't have real "clues" anymore. Now they don't even really have real "tasks". Climb up a ladder to an office chair? Ride in a giant whirly-thing that poses no threat whatsoever? Jump on a bike and circle a NASCAR track? Puhleaze.

If I want to see family drama, I will watch Lifetime--at least they have better scripts and the bad guys are guaranteed to be killed off in the end.

I keep thinking that they will announce that each team has to jettison two members and return to the old format and it will all be okay, but I guess that won't happen, right?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •