The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bugaloo 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-17-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bugaloo Click to send private message to bugaloo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-06 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

I am so sick of them burning crap in the outdoor fire place! It's like watching a bunch of witches perform a ritual. I can't even count how many times they've used this "unique" exercise.

Give it a break. Stop with the symbolism run a muck.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... eire_heart74 02-17-06 1
   RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... bugaloo 02-17-06 2
 RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... redsoxfan 02-17-06 3
   RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... mysticwolf 02-17-06 4
       RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... redsoxfan 02-17-06 6
       RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... bugaloo 02-17-06 7
   RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... bugaloo 02-17-06 5
       RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... lovemydogdude 02-17-06 8
       RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... DedeV 02-17-06 9
           RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... lovemydogdude 02-17-06 10
               RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... Jadens Mommy 02-18-06 11
                   RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... DedeV 02-18-06 12
                   RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... lovemydogdude 02-18-06 13
                       RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... deededell 02-18-06 14
                       RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... chickadee 02-18-06 15
                           RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... crazygroupiegirl 02-18-06 16
                               RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... notrump 02-19-06 19
 RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... maryellennaco 02-18-06 17
   RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... Cinnamongirl30 02-18-06 18
       RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... chickadee 02-19-06 20
           RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... lovemydogdude 02-19-06 21
               RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... mirage3033 02-19-06 22
                   RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... GrannyJ 02-22-06 23
 RE: Enough with the BURNING of ever... Alpharedhead 02-22-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-17-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You are so right on the ball! I am so sick of it myself. Can't they throw anything out by simpling tossing it in the trash. Nope, got to go call the fire department when they have garbage to get rid of.

I think it's very irresponsible of them to keep showing that too. Some moron might start doing that home with old love letters or socks or whatever and set their home ablaze!

02-17-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bugaloo Click to send private message to bugaloo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
not to mention the bra burning! a bunch of synthetic material and under-wires. yuck!

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-17-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
They're probably giving the Starting Over goddess burnt offerings.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
Speaking on behalf of the Wiccan practitioners that post to these boards, I can assure you that the Goddess does not accept offerings of burnt brassieres.

A Syren Spring

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
Dud they burn their bras in the fireplace? RATS! I missed it!

02-17-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
yes, they did. with andy after a bra makeover. real deep stuff. that poor fireplace must be so annoyed by these woman.

02-17-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-06 AT 05:53 PM (EST)

A NIGHT--ANY NIGHT--AT THE SO HOUSE:

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-17-06, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
LOL Bugaloo
Burning is symbolic but it gets so overdone..very extra crispy on this show.

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
I disagree, I like the symbolism. I would do it too if I had a night outdoor fireplace like they do. I have done similar things in my backyard. Not all who practice such things look that scary. I know I don't. I think we all, myself included, need to be more tolerant of others beliefs.

02-17-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
Hi DedeV
No disrespect meant just a funny visual IMO
I agree it's very symbolic and can be therapeutic it just seems they're burning things daily..and I'm thinking they should spare the ozone layer a bit more lol.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-18-06, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
The burning of things is a powerful image that sends a powerful message: that the thing they are burning is gone forever. If you just throw something away, then it's not gone or vanished. It's in the garbage and you can always get it back. Or if the garbage trucks drive off with it, it continues to exist even tho it may not be physically in your hands.

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
I agree, I went through an extremely hurtful and difficult divorce. It took me several years to recover and I finally burned several things. It wouldn't have had nearly the healing effect had I simply thrown it in the trash and put it at the curb for the trash man. I think that the suitcase that Kim burned was a VERY powerful time for her.

02-18-06, 01:24 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
>The burning of things is a
>powerful image that sends a
>powerful message: that the thing
>they are burning is gone
>forever. If you just throw
>something away, then it's not
>gone or vanished. It's in
>the garbage and you can
>always get it back. Or
>if the garbage trucks drive
>off with it, it continues
>to exist even tho it
>may not be physically in
>your hands.

LOL Jadens Mommy..kinda like Lisa could get that box from mr. internet out of the garbage..even if nuLisa was the one that put it there.

deededell 271 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-06, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"

I was really into the 'bra burning' exercise but that is becuase I am a year out of a breast reduction. Oddly enough though my 9yr old daughter watches SO with me (yes, I do TIVO so that I can make sure that some conversations are FF through), but after the burning excersises she asked if she could write some journal enteries about some stuff and we burn them in the fireplace. I asked 'why'? Her response was that she has some really hurt feelings that she would like to put on paper and then burn to know that they are out and gone. I don't think I would have ever thought about the feelings of my children and how those exercises can free their minds as well.

chickadee 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-18-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chickadee Click to send private message to chickadee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"

I was so glad to see Kim burn that little suitcase that she has been carring around with her for 32 years, I feel she has made a step closer in her healing process. I hope they have Kim's mother and or father on the show, what ever it takes to heal her.

crazygroupiegirl 46 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crazygroupiegirl Click to send private message to crazygroupiegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
I agree. That was the only part of that exercise that seemed worth it. The burning of the bras was stupid IMO.

notrump 26 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-06, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail notrump Click to send private message to notrump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
I was not happy seeing that suitcase burned. It would have sold on Ebay for at least $15 (LOL)

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-18-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
I agree 100%!! Seems like with all the wildfires that abound out in the country around there, they'd give the dang Fire Dept. a break! Not to mention the blasted neighbors having to smell all that toxic plastic burning every night! Why don't they just symbolically "place their stuff in a garbage bag"??

Cinnamongirl30 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-18-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamongirl30 Click to send private message to Cinnamongirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
The exercise with the burning of the bras and Miss Andy Paige was stupid but the other one was so powerful and meaningful to me. As a kid I was in 17 group homes by the time I was 15 and I always had to pack my stuff in the same old hockey bag. I kept that bag, I don't really know why but I did. When I was in therapy later my therapist told me to write down my most painful memories on paper, stick it in the bag and burn it all, put it to rest. Well I did that and let me tell you it was the most enlightening, powerful amazing thing I ever did. I'll never forget that night for the rest of my life. Seeing Kim burn that suitcase and the others let those memories go was great. What a good episode for a change. But the dirty ole bras, I'm still shaking my head over that one.

chickadee 41 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chickadee Click to send private message to chickadee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"

I missed the bra burning party.

02-19-06, 07:53 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
chickadee you didn't miss much! It was so dorky, not ONLY because of Andy's part in it,..but the whole thing didn't even make sense IMO and wasn't even related to their day bra fitting. Very corny!

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
the bra burning was funny. everyone threw their bra in, i think jodi balked cuz it was fairly new. then Jill threw her shiny red bra in and the smoke went from black to white. a big plume of white, all the hg oohed and ahhed. lol you think they were voting on the pope. lol

GrannyJ 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-22-06, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GrannyJ Click to send private message to GrannyJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
Voting on the Pope--LOL! You people crack me up! LMAO. I agree that the bra burning was a bit much. They should have washed the darn things and donated them to a women's shelter. If nothing else, a little person might have found refuge in one or two of them for a night or so . . . Sorry, back to sincerity. I have donated some of my clean, slightly used clothing, bras included, to a women's shelter, and they are always needed. Waste not, want not. As far as symbolic burning -- there is always the alternative of cutting something into a million pieces, then throwing it in the trash. In our community, we are not allowed to burn trash in outdoor firepits. The SO house would be paying a $2500 fine for their little bra burning escapade. It's hardly worth it! And, was there really that much visible difference in anyone after all of that?

Alpharedhead 138 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpharedhead Click to send private message to Alpharedhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Enough with the BURNING of everything!"
Not to mention the fact that that freakin' suitcase was cheap PVC plastic, and I live within sniffing distance of the SO house. Lord knows what toxic somethin' or other I inhaled that night.

And lets not even go into the bra-BQ...

/ar

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •