The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

DlanOhio 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DlanOhio Click to send private message to DlanOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
No Air travel Yet and Only in the USA.
Kinda of a Bummer
I really likes Seeing Other parts of the world on TAR

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... floydboyd98 09-28-05 1
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... cityangel 09-29-05 30
   RE: Not a race around the world!!!! Brin 10-05-05 37
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Estee 09-28-05 2
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... LibraRising 09-28-05 11
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... KeithFan 09-28-05 3
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... HistoryDetective 09-28-05 4
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... aquariaqueen 09-28-05 6
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Karchita 09-28-05 5
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... okaychatt 10-01-05 34
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Snidget 09-28-05 7
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Tahj 09-28-05 8
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... flipxcyd 09-28-05 9
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... rbrewerhouse 09-28-05 22
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... okaychatt 10-01-05 35
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... bpc1971 09-28-05 10
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... shabalaba 09-28-05 12
       RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... bystander 09-28-05 13
       RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... rbrewerhouse 09-28-05 23
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Snidget 09-28-05 14
       RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... tamarama 09-28-05 19
           RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... bpc1971 09-29-05 24
               RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... HistoryDetective 09-29-05 25
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Earl Colby Pottinger 09-28-05 15
       RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Lisa0116 09-28-05 20
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Max Headroom 09-28-05 16
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Charnchon 09-28-05 17
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... cracer 09-28-05 18
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... flipxcyd 09-28-05 21
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... HistoryDetective 09-29-05 26
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... bystander 09-29-05 28
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Earl Colby Pottinger 09-29-05 29
 TWO REMINDERS - PLEASE READ Bebo 09-29-05 27
   RE: TWO REMINDERS - PLEASE READ Earl Colby Pottinger 09-30-05 31
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... HobbsofMI 09-30-05 32
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Judd 09-30-05 33
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... StarryLuna 10-02-05 36
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... HistoryDetective 10-05-05 38
       RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Bucky Katt 10-05-05 39
           RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... true 10-05-05 40
               RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... noliferealityfan 10-05-05 41
               RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Earl Colby Pottinger 10-05-05 43
                   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Earl Colby Pottinger 10-05-05 44
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... bystander 10-05-05 42
   RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... CouchTater 10-11-05 49
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Lisapooh 10-05-05 45
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... julian 10-08-05 46
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... Cinderglow 10-10-05 47
 RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Be... dabo 10-11-05 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

floydboyd98 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail floydboyd98 Click to send private message to floydboyd98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I was very disappointed about the domestic travel. Yawn. I think they could lose the kids too - I mean are we going to be stuck with lame tasks now?

cityangel 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cityangel Click to send private message to cityangel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Well, I already voiced my opinion on the "This is crap" thread. So I'll try to keep this to a minimum.... YES. Less exciting. I want to see once in a lifetime adventures from all over the world. I don't want to see a "family vacation" driving across the US. I gave the first episode my attention, well for about the first hour to hour and half. After that, I was bored. Don't plan on watching this season. I'll return when the wild world travels returns.

Brin 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brin Click to send private message to Brin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Not a race around the world!!!!"
This show advertises a race around the world, not the United States..for the fans of other nations that fell in love with this show, and it's adrenalin rush..we are being ignored!!Phil...you should have spoken up, the family thing was a good idea..but it seems TAR thought that families couldn't cope with world travel..or they couldn't afford the airfare!!!Let's face it twice as many air tickets!!Seems pretty obvious..TAR has changed this into a big scavenger hunt...they may not even leave the east coast! One more episode and we leave it for next season. Make your voice heard, if you are a big fan and feel they ripped you off this season, write in...let them know, they wouldn't have a show without us the watchers!!!TAR we are watching..for now!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Given a choice between trying to book a last-minute flight from New York City to Tokyo with mandatory stopovers in Chicago, San Francisco, and Hawaii -- but still reaching the destination in sixteen hours -- or driving through Manhattan traffic, crossing the George Washington Bridge, getting through most of the New Jersey Turnpike, and then manuevering through the backroads of Lancaster County without losing an axle during that same amount of time -- I'm going to Tokyo. At least then I'd have a chance.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
They didn't show near enough Turnpike action last night. But I did like how you could see exactly how helpful gas station employees are along the Turnpike as far as directions -- which is to say, not at all. When I first moved here, I was literally a mile from the Turnpike, but when I asked someone on a gas station how to get back on, he had me going all the way up to Philadelphia (and this was in the Glassboro area).

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I'm in the minority so far, but I think it is more exciting seeing who can get to Lancaster, Pa first. There was some bunching, but at least they could make them leave at half-hour intervals rather than all on the same plane.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I spent several months researching at the David Library of the American Revolution in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania, about one mile down the road from the state park where they crossed the Delaware on last night's episode. Seeing such familiar sites made me think that a high amount of domestic travel will give many viewers a chance to see places that are familiar and meaningful to them. I'm hoping for a balanced mix of domestic and international travel.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I agree.

Even though I love seeing other countries, I hope TAR takes us to some very interesting sites here in the states.

With the price of gas and other expenses, it could be a real good boom for regional places of interest.

Those who would normally vacation on the Gulf Coast may just find a wonderful destination in Philadelphia or Toad Suck Ferry, Arkansas....one never knows.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Yes, I think it is a lot less exciting, so much so I really don't know if I will watch this season. See America first = yawn.

However, we were treated to the spectacle of the geography genius who didn't know whether Pennsylvania was a city or state, which being her own country, was particularly appalling. Imagine how she'd do in a foreign country.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-05 AT 02:32 AM (EST)

<Imagine how she'd do in a foreign country

Yeah - I'm sure she'd, like, totally PANIC in a foreign country such as Canada.

That's assuming that she would know it was a different country.

I mean, she'd have to realize that New Brunswick isn't part of New England.

"Oh wait - England is in Europe, right? Someone told me it's an ISLAND, so I don't think we can drive there."

ETA - someone on TAR has to represent the clueless. Too bad there are so many of them.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I dunno, for me every plane ride was just another bunching point. Bunching is just another word for Boring in my personal dictionary..

They can get so much more lost when they are left to their own devices rather than take a plane than take this public transportation thing (but they can still do the no one could get there before it closes and they have to sleep on the street until morning, but maybe with kids they won't do that so much)

While seeing the world is nice, seeing parts of the US I either haven't seen or haven't seen for awhile has some attraction for me as well.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I'll see how I like it as the season progresses. It seemed a little less exciting to me last night.

Moves courtesy of Syren

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-28-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
It's too early to tell.

Although it would be nice to explore different countries and cultures, we have enough here to fit the bill.

TAR will have to do something to keep our interest however. I thought it would be very interesting to have families especially with the children experience something outside of the US and see how they handle it.

As for the Black family, it was heartbreaking to see the kids' disappointment, but then again....that's one family with kids out of the race!

TAR made a mistake including kids in the race. YAWN!

rbrewerhouse 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rbrewerhouse Click to send private message to rbrewerhouse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I disgaree with the fact that children shouldn't have been let into the race. The producers did a good job of figuring out a detour that had everyone in mind. But once again, the race was lost on critical thinking skills, not on braun.
For instance, the family team that came in just ahead of the Black family, started the detour in 3rd or 4th place. But they decided to pull two 200 pound people on a buggy for 1.5 miles. That's not using your brain very well. The little building project would have been smarter because all four of them could participate.
The Black family should have done the buggy ride, because the parents should have been able to roll their 40 and 70 pound children much easier. Again, all four of them would have been involved. The children couldn't really do much hammering or lifting and that left the majority of the work on two people, who were slower than the teams of four.
The more I watch TAR, the more I completely buy into the fact that reading a map, reading the clue and making smart choices is the ultimate way to success, not how "fast" you are. Last night's epidsode was a perfect example of that.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
<TAR will have to do something to keep our interest however

I'd like to learn more about our varied ethnic communities: Little Cuba, Harlem, Chinatown, Appalachia, any of the American Indian cultures, Cajun country (what used to be there, anyway), cowboys/cowgirls, rural communities, Gullah - basically anything that isn't all western European descent oriented.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

bpc1971 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bpc1971 Click to send private message to bpc1971 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
As a Canuck who watches this show, I am disappointed that the teams will not leave this continent. Yay, lets see more of the USA. The thing about going all over the world is seeing and learning about other cultures....and what better to do that with than children or younger people....but lets drive around the US in gas guzzling SUVs instead.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-28-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Does anyone know if TAR has definatively stated there will be no international travel on this family edition?

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-28-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Phil told the families that they wouldn't need to pay for gas or airfares so there must be some flying. Maybe they will fly to CA, or AK or maybe go international into Canada.

I personally enjoyed the show, being from Pennsylvania and having lived near Lancaster and the surrounding areas. I thought it was cool to see the local area. I'll still think its cool to see other areas of our country. But, my family is big into camping so we can relate.

rbrewerhouse 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rbrewerhouse Click to send private message to rbrewerhouse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I only know that a review I read said the teams will travel 11,000 miles. Considering that season 6 was 72,000 miles, and the others have been between 30,000 and 45,000 miles, it's hard to imagine they will travel outside North America.
I sort of see it as a cris-crossing of the contintental U.S. with a possible flyover to Hawaii or Alaska. Maybe some time in Canada and/or Mexico. But I don't see how they could get to Europe or any other continent and back and stay within 11,000 miles.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
There just isn't enough public transportation to a lot of places and with the number of people per car that rules out most of the cars with great gas mileage. They'd need just as big a car driving around any country. With a team of 4 I think it may limit the ability to do it in a cab. You still need room for the camera man and sound person and strapping people to the roof of cabs to get places probably violates some law in most countries. Having drivers waiting with stretch limo's to get all the people in would be boring as well.

I' m not sure how liability for making people take the children overseas could play out. There may have been potential lawsuit worries that kept them closer to home this time.

A Syren Creation

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-28-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
>>the number of people per car...rules out most of the cars with great gas mileage<<

I agree Snidget...SUVs are about the best/only option aside from boats, trains & planes (which I assume we will see before the race is over).

And I gotta say, bcp1971, as far as the race being wasteful by having 10 (now 9, soon 8...) teams drive around in gas guzzlers...well -- so what? We're not having a fuel shortage, it's just that prices are up. If CBS wants to pay for gas, let'em.

Besides, how much fuel is wasted for the sake of entertainment in auto races?

How many people do you see alone in their huge SUVs during rush hour?

Why do people drive Hummers in the city? Why do people drive Hummers ANYWHERE?

There's alot of other things that are more wasteful than TAR.

bpc1971 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bpc1971 Click to send private message to bpc1971 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
"We're not
having a fuel shortage, it's
just that prices are up."

Ummmm, in a sense we are having a fuel shortage because demand is outstripping supply...a supply that is based on fake numbers since what's in the ground is estimated in quantity....basically our economies are based on estimation and supposition.

"If CBS wants to
pay for gas, let'em."

Well, actually it is we who are paying because CBS gets paid from advertisers, and we buy the products being advertised.

"There's alot of other things that
are more wasteful than TAR."

Actually, TAR is wasteful....of my time since there is nothing exciting or interesting about this season. They should change the name to 'The Mediocre Race'.

09-29-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
"If CBS wants to pay for gas, let'em."

Well, actually it is we who are paying because CBS gets paid from advertisers, and we buy the products being advertised.

Wow! That's quite a quibble. I hope you didn't pull anything.

I think that it is actually your employer who is footing the bill for the gas because it is your employer who is giving you the money that you spend on the items being advertised that the advertisers then give to CBS that the network then gives to the contestants that they then give to the gas stations when they buy gas.

Unless you're retired and receive Social Security checks. Then it is the government who is footing the bill for the gas because it is the government who is giving you the money that you spend on the items being advertised that the advertisers then give to CBS that the network then gives to the contestants that they then give to the gas stations when they buy gas.

(By the way, nobody forces you to buy anything advertised on CBS.)

journal

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Well as a Canadian who has only visited 50% of the provinces of Canada and less than 25% of the states of the USA, I like the idea of a run around the N.A. area.

I hope you are not like some Europeans I have exchanged messages with who think that the States and Canada have a single cultural matrix. That there is no diffirence between a Canadian living in BC, Ontario, Quebec or the Maritime Provinces. That a New Yorker, a Valley Girl and a Texas cowboy are one and the same.

The fact is there is tons of cultural diffirence in N.A.

The diffirence is many countries out there, there is little mixing of the cultures, whereas we take it as normal in Canada and the US that cultures do mix.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-28-05, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I heard a rumor that TAR would be in Niagara Falls-I don't know if it is true, but if it is, I would hope they would visit more than just Ontario-Canada has alot to offer.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I think it comes down to the logistics of hauling around teams of 4 plus a camera/sound person. You need a big vehicle, which restricts how the teams travel. No taxis here...

Still, I look forward to the rest of the season. I've traveled quite a bit in North America, but there are many places I haven't been and I look forward to seeing some of them. If they go someplace I've been before, it'll be a trip down memory lane.

Charnchon 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Charnchon Click to send private message to Charnchon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"

ABSOLUTELY!

cracer 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-28-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cracer Click to send private message to cracer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Maybe it's too early to judge, but based solely on the 1st episode, I definitely find it less exciting.

I can drive 10 minutes and see a mennonite farm. But I may never make it to see the pyramids, the Berlin Wall, etc. One of my favourite things about this show is seeing different places and cultures.

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Actually, the Berlin Wall (a portion of it) is in Las Vegas at the Main Street Station casino's men's bathroom. It's a urinal! LOL

09-29-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I can drive 10 minutes and see a mennonite farm.

Lucky you! But how many Americans can say that? There are plenty of things in America to see and do that are not a 10-minute drive from my house ... places that I am not likely to visit on my own, but I will be happy to see them on TAR. There's a lot of diversity in America --- in terms of people, landscape, and architecture --- to be explored.

journal

09-29-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Everyone is a 10-minute drive away from somewhere but we're all not a 10-minute drive from everywhere.

09-29-05, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Okay, in ten minutes you can get to a Mennonite farm. But have you gone? If no, what good is your claim.

And by the way do you also have an Armish farm so close?

Have you been to Washinton's crossing site? Adding the previews I also must assume you bored since you have already taken part in a Civil War re-enactment, Hot-Air balloning in Utah, gone on a Paddle Wheel Steamboat, listened to Jazz in New Orleans, skydiving in Arizona?

Yes, if you have done all this and more the show will be boring, but most of us expect them to show parts of America that we have never been to.

Earl Colby Pottinger

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "TWO REMINDERS - PLEASE READ"
1. The Bashers forum is not the appropriate place to discuss where future pitstops have been confirmed or rumored to be. We have a Spoilers forum for those discussions. Revealing information on the Bashers forum that has not yet aired (ex. where a future pit stop is going to be) is a violation of the guidelines.

2. The Bashers forum is also not the appropriate place to be getting into deep political discussions on gas policies, etc. We have an off-topic forum for those discussions. Please keep discussions in this forum related to TAR.

09-30-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
31. "RE: TWO REMINDERS - PLEASE READ"
Sorry, I did not think I was doing wrong as all the places I mention came from the released video previews only.

I did take care to not use the reported clue box or sighted runners spotted info for my list, only the ones that are public knowledge to anyone with a good eye, or video capture.

Earl Colby Pottinger

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I think I put this in the wrong place over on spoilers (last track where I was...not a good sign if I want to be on TAR's) but I'll wait to judge this format for a few ep's.

One thing I did like is that the clues were clues. Find SoHo?, Place in PA, etc. I hope TAR's goes back to that then telling them all where to go and how to drive there.

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Judd 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-30-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Judd Click to send private message to Judd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
>I think I put this in
>the wrong place over on
>spoilers (last track where I
>was...not a good sign if
>I want to be on
>TAR's) but I'll wait to
>judge this format for a
>few ep's.
>
>One thing I did like is
>that the clues were clues.
> Find SoHo?, Place in
>PA, etc. I hope
>TAR's goes back to that
>then telling them all where
>to go and how to
>drive there.
>
>
>sig by Syren and
>bouncy by IceCat

better yet, I hope TAR goes back to telling them all where to go and how to FLY there.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
You know, I'm amazed how many people are so against this season, especially saying it's boring. The worst episode of TAR is better than 99.9% of what's on tv nowadays.

I don't think domestic travel makes it boring at all. To me, the point of TAR was never seeing different parts of the world. It was about seeing how teams of people could handle getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible. I may have spotted some cool stuff in the background, but that was never the focus. If I wanted to watch a travel show, I could turn on the travel channel.

To be honest, after 7 seasons, we've pretty much covered all the hotspots, except, interestingly enough, all the things that are in our own backyard. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't really afford to jump on a plane to Europe or Africa or Australia for my next vacation. However, I can afford to travel around my own country, and I find it interesting to see spots here at home that I may not have considered visiting. It's also fun to see how these teams travel around areas I have visited - I've spent more hours of my life than I care to admit traveling up and down the Jersey Turnpike on my way to Massachusetts to visit my mom, so I could relate to the racers much more than I could relate to racers traveling around India.

Luna's Eclipses

10-05-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I'm with you, Luna. I think that we learned last night that people don't need to go to a foreign country to get completely and totally lost. Lots of those people don't even know their way around their own capital city. I was watching with friends and I explained to them exactly how far away the Lincoln Memorial is from the Capitol building, what a huge blunder that was. I enjoyed seeing some DC scenery that reminded me of living there, like the Korean War memorial (which my father, a proud veteran, did not know even existed until I took him there last year --- which again speaks to how little some people know about the things to see and do in their own country). I'm enjoying this tour and I'm enjoying hating the Racers. Do I want all TARs to be family edition or domestic travel only? No. But this is a fun experiment.

I'm nuts for Nutz ... and Syren too.
journal

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-05-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I agree! I found that the regular additions of TAR were starting to be repetitive. The airport bunching and taxi races gets old fast. I hope more editions are like this week in which navigation and smarts win out over luck.

It is a known fact that history has been systematically distorted by humans ever since the first slack-jawed, cracker magnon started spitting paint onto a cave wall.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Add me to the few who are not annoyed by the domestic travel this season. I think it's a refreshing change. I was getting a little tired of teams complaining about language barriers, airport bunching, and relying too much on competent taxis/taxi drivers.

Can I say again how much I *hate* the airport bunching, and watching teams negotiate with the ticket counters. It's been done do death. While it's a bit early to judge the entire season, I will say that so far, it feels a lot more like a race than it has in the past.

Plus, I while I've enjoyed seeing the world destinations on past TAR seasons, it's doubtful that I'll ever get to those places. I'm very interested in seeing places in this country that I'd probably be more likely to visit some day, and it's also a kick to see places that are familiar on one of my favorite shows.

I doubt there is anyone on the board that I agree with on every single issue. Well, except true - all right-thinking people always agree with true. -Executive Princess Pooh

noliferealityfan 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-05-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail noliferealityfan Click to send private message to noliferealityfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I dont mind the domestic travel aspect of this episode - i dont think it by itself is a bad thing

what i hate is that there most likely will be NO foreign travel - a mix would be a nice thing! it doesnt have to be all of one or the other!

these kids are annoying the hell out of me!! get them off TAR!--

*Rant!

10-05-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
First, I am Canadian - I have never been to the locations outside New York that TAR8 has so far gone to, so to me many of the locations are just as fresh as if they were half way round the world. I do miss the bungee jumps, ziplines ect ... but there is still a chance they will come later.

Airports: Personally, I love when they go to an airport and there is 3-4 diffirent routes to take to the next leg. Usually there are layovers or transfers to make it interesting - then there are the last minute route changes that not all racers share - this bunching is FUN FUN FUN.
On the otherhand, we have seen racers arrive at an airport two by two, and the next flight does not take place till tomorrow and it is the only possible way period - this bunching is BORING and makes all the racing before mute.

Cars vs Taxis: Outside N.A and Europe many of the taxis drivers seem to be scum-buckets, not all but a very high percentage. They lie about knowing where to go, they lie about the route they are taking and many of the drivers that don't lie still are confused about what the racers want done and thus hinder the racers. The problem is this seems to be a random variable in the race that is so wide skill play little part in running the race here. With cars we know everything that goes wrong is basicly the racers's skill set right up to handling traffic jams. I clearly would like to see cars made available to the racers in most parts of the world.

10-05-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Note: I did not say what type of cars

StickShift = Fun.
Dieseal = Fun.
Old Designs = Fun.
Tri-Wheels = Fun.
Experimental Designs = Fun.

Just because you give them a car does not mean easy driving.

10-05-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I'm actually enjoying this season more. I love traveling around this great country of ours. How many people can say they were at the Haines Shoe House? I drive by that thing all the time and thought it was cool that now it was being shown on national TV. I also found it cool that the racers actually drove within 2 miles of my house going down I-83 between York PA and Baltimore.

My kids also enjoyed it because they got to see some things on the Race that they have seen themselves and could relate to them.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
"I love traveling around this great country of ours."

I'm in agreement too about this TAR. I've traveled all over the world and have been to many of those places TAR has been to overseas, but I've also traveled all over America too and America has just as much to offer as anywhere else. It can be even more interesting because we know, or should know, some of the history of places.

There are also lesser or little known places that usually aren't on the main tourist list, like the ancient Native American Medicine Wheel in Wyoming, which could be interesting to go to.

America is a huge and fascinating country and I love seeing it on TAR as well as well as other countries.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I like this edition - it's too early to say whether I like it as much as regular TAR or not. I'm not invested in the people yet.

I love the far-flung exotic locations on the regular TAR, but I love seeing parts of America I haven't visited yet either. And I think as they move around the country, it will be cool to see them in places that I am familiar with.

Plus, it makes me nostalgic for all those great road trips of my youth. I know that if my dad had seen a giant shoe on the side of a road, we would have stopped and had the obligatory picture taken and commemorative shot glass purchased.

TAR is head and shoulders above any show on television IMO. But even with international versions, the seasons haven't been equally entertaining. I can't imagine not watching this show.

julian 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail julian Click to send private message to julian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
Of course its less exiting,sure seeing a mennonite farm might be interesting but in no way could it be considered exciting.Im a fan of the show but this season doesnt interest me at all.Why did they have to mess with something that was working so well?Hopefully this will be a nice palate cleanse that will make the next season that much more enjoyable and whoever came up with this knucklehead concept is working somewhere else.

Cinderglow 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-05, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinderglow Click to send private message to Cinderglow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
CINDERGLOW......SOMEDAY IT'S MORE LIKE "CINDERELLA" ;)

I WAS REALLY HOPING THEY WOULD STICK TO THE "ORIGINALITY OF THE SHOW"...TAKING THEM TO NEW COUNTRIES/CUSTOMS, AND LIVELYHOODS...A REALLY GOOD LEARNING EXPERIECE FOR THE KIDS, AND THE YOUNGER FOLKS IN EACH FAMILY. THERE IS SO MUCH NATURAL BEAUTY IN OUR WORLD, AND PLENTY SAFE COUNTRIES TO VISIT FOR EACH OF THE FAMILIES!
GOTTA ADMIT ROADTRIPPING AROUND THE USA COULD BE FUN, BUT AFTER A WHILE, IT GETS BORING FOR THEM/ AND US!!!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Do U Think Its Less Exciting Because of Domestic Travel ?"
I can go farther in one day on a road vacation than these folks have gotten in two episodes.

SMILES ARE FREE

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •