The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why not give Lis more votes?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-01, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why not give Lis more votes?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-01 AT 00:39 AM (EST)

The thing that really has me thinking about the last TC is why didn't they give Lis more votes? They're all *very* aware that previous votes can be very important. The Ogacores pretty much knew from Lis that the Kucha would be voting Jerri. It would only take one Ogacore vote, and Jerri would be a goner. The rest could vote for Lis and give her four votes for any future tie-breaker situations.

Were they just *so* ready to get rid of Jerri that they didn't even consider that they might need to throw a few more votes on likeable Lis?

Or, did Colby and Tina, knowing that Keith was *dead set* on voting for Jerri, have a little talk and decide to vote Jerri also, thereby only giving Lis two votes, which is one less than Keith has? Hmmmmm....

I think it's likely that Colby or Nick go next week, so I don't see this coming into play *yet*, but it might have some meaning down the line a little...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why not give Lis more votes? Mongo 04-01-01 1
 RE: Why not give Lis more votes? C_Master 04-01-01 2
 RE: Why not give Lis more votes? SurvivinDawg 04-01-01 3
   RE: Why not give Lis more votes? managerr 04-02-01 4
   RE: Why not give Lis more votes? aymelek 04-02-01 5
 RE: Why not give Lis more votes? zola 04-02-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Mongo 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-01-01, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mongo Click to send private message to Mongo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why not give Lis more votes?"
I just don't think that Ogakor thought that far ahead. They are so sure that they have the numbers that they feel they can do anything they want. If they would have only one person cast a vote for Jerri they would not have risked pissing Amber off. Now they have the very real possiblility of Amber jumping ship thus making them the minority. I think Kieth was flexing his muscles and so dead set on taking power away from Colby that he completly missed this.

C_Master 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-01, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Master Click to send private message to C_Master Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why not give Lis more votes?"
Hmmmm...maybe I should have posted here instead of starting a new thread...

Anyways...here's why they HAD to vote the way they did.
Please correct me if I am wrong but Colby HAD to vote for Jerri. It might seem better to have Colby vote for Liz to keep Amber in some kind of mini allience with the Oga's, but he had no choice. If the Kucha's were told about the Oga's booting of Jerri before hand...what would prevent the Kucha's for voting for Colby? 3 Votes Liz (C/J/A), 3 votes Colby (N/R/L), and 2 votes Jerri (T/K). Colby would have been OUTTA there!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-01, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why not give Lis more votes?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-01 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

The main reason that I can think of is that Lis told Tina that she (Lis) was voting for Jerri. So the Ogies KNEW that with their three votes and Lis's, Jerri would be gone. Apparently they did not know for sure if Nick and Rodger were going to also vote Jerri. Therefore, for safety, they had to give all their votes to Jerri to ensure Jerri's removal.

Let me add to this by saying that you're right and Colby could and probably should've cast his vote either for Keith or Lis to build up some insurance. But he didn't. SOMEBODY absolutely convinced him to vote Jerri. We didn't see it on TV, but somebody convinced Colby well enough that he voted solidly for Jerri and had some strong parting remarks when he cast his vote.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-02-01, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why not give Lis more votes?"
Maybe they all wanted the joy of writing Jerri's name down themselves? I know it would be something I would have relished...

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-01, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why not give Lis more votes?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-01 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-02-01 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

Since it came up, here's why I personally think Colby voted for Jerri:

In the tent discussion, Keith was testing Colby to see where his alliances lay; that is, if Colby insisted on NOT voting for Jerri, like he did, it proved to both Keith AND Tina that Colby was planning on taking J/A to the final 3 instead of K/T. They were still one up on Kucha, so why was Colby hell bent on keeping Jerri if not to want her in the final 2 with him? Keith may have been alluding to this on his "sacrificing an Ogakor member," (Colby) but we never got to see it, nor the reason why Colby switched.

My $0.02.

zola 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-02-01, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zola Click to send private message to zola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why not give Lis more votes?"
Here's another possible reason why they all voted for Jerri as opposed to giving Lis more votes.

It's possible that at some point on or all of them are considering some sort of alliance with Lis. Although this is unlikely due to the difficuly in beating here in a final 2 situation, it is still a possibility.

If you are planning on trying to bring someone into the fold, why would you want to stack up votes against them.

I admit this is far fetched, but just thought I'd add it to the discussion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •