The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Todays show- Survival and Living 10/19/05"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

summerw 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail summerw Click to send private message to summerw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Todays show- Survival and Living 10/19/05"
I am trying to remember- for the life of me what Iilanya (sp, sorry, dont mean to offend) said today during their meeting- about surviving and living. I would like to quote it and put it on my screen and such- so that I wont forget it. It was perfect for me- because I am always living to make someone else happy.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. thanks in advance!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Todays show- Survival and Livin... womanevolving 10-19-05 1
   RE: Todays show- Survival and Livin... kcoxe 10-19-05 3
 RE: Todays show- Survival and Livin... buffylady 10-19-05 2
 RE: Todays show- Survival and Livin... Busybee 10-19-05 4
   RE: Todays show- Survival and Livin... Devlynne 10-19-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

womanevolving 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail womanevolving Click to send private message to womanevolving Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Todays show- Survival and Living 10/19/05"
I don't know about word for word but she eluded to survival being living in the past and living as being hopeful for the future.
i'm currently reading her book "in the meantime" and I love it. I too am always trying to make others happy which is why i relate so much to allison. the next book in line is rhonda's "fearless living". they're both wonderful authors.

kcoxe 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kcoxe Click to send private message to kcoxe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Todays show- Survival and Living 10/19/05"

I read Fearless Living about 2 years ago. Great Book

buffylady 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buffylady Click to send private message to buffylady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Todays show- Survival and Living 10/19/05"
ME TOO! I meant to save today's show to write down exactly what Iyanla said, and force of habit made me erase it from the dvr. Argh! If anyone has it recorded, could you please take a few minutes to quote her to us? It would be a great help!

Thanks!

Busybee 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-05, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Busybee Click to send private message to Busybee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Todays show- Survival and Living 10/19/05"
I got it! I think you were referring to when Allison got out of the pool and they were talking outside, right? Well here goes:
Christina: I grabbed the list and ran with it.
Then IY made Allison get out of the pool. They show IY in the confessional booth and she says - "The lifeboat excercise was an opportunity for the ladies to learn how they approach their lives. If the women were truly living, they would have approached this excercise by supporting each other and making choices as a group. However, the women demonstrated that they are simply surviving, because they fought, dropped out, and isolated. This is very disappointing."
Then they go back to the couches by the pool...
IY: So what happened?
Allison: (looking at Christina) She -mutters something I can't hear- the list...
Christina: And she came and and jumped in the boat.
IYto Christina) The same way you grabbed the list and ran. Christina, your survivial skills really come to the surface when you need them. Miss Allison, I guess you were just gonna have a fightin' chance.
Allison: I was SO mad when you came in a little while ago. I pouted and went to my room and then I got up, went down here and got in that boat!
IY: (to Allison) When things don't go the way you want them to, you shut down, pout, give up.(Allison nods)And Miss Christina, I just want you to be aware that you have everything necessary to live. All you have to do is find the vehicle that will move you forward, because havin' the tools without the vehicle ain't gonna help you. What happened to the rest of you??
Lisa: Well, I fought and put my name on the list when it was down to three, but then Jessica crossed my name off. (she laughs)
IY: And that's funny?
Lisa: I didn't see it coming, I wasn't prepared.
IY: So, how is that a reflection of how you think you run your life?
Lisa: I think I do what it takes, but to me thats dishonorable that she crossed my name off the list.
IY: But your OFF the list.
Lisa: Right, so my naivete gets me in trouble.
IY: No that's not naivete, that's called laziness and expecting others people to safeguard your good. (then she begins to talk to everyone) Look at how you made choices today. Look at the judgement calls you made. Look at how your behavior shifts or doesn't shift when survival or your life is at stake. Because I guarantee you how you live and move today is how you live your life.

Well, that was long! Hope it helps!

Devlynne 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devlynne Click to send private message to Devlynne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Todays show- Survival and Living 10/19/05"
Wow that's great, thank you Busybee for the transcript of that interaction. I see I missed some stuff in the initial viewing...

I like this part from Iyanla, "I just want you to be aware that you have everything necessary to live. All you have to do is find the vehicle that will move you forward, because havin' the tools without the vehicle ain't gonna help you."

This brought to mind something Einstein said: "If you want to live a happy life tie it to a goal, not people or things." I think Iyanla's 'vehicle' is the same as the 'goal' that he was speaking of. I'd like to refine these terms even further and call it 'passion.' My hope for Christina is that she will find her passion and it will give her wings so that she might soar!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •