If you just look at Matt’s interactions with the men in the show, I would definitely agree that Matt is a nice, decent guy. He was very protected and considerate of “Kip”. He admired “Earl” and was upset when he left. He was compassionate for the “Hutch” when in theory the “Hutch” would have been voted out if “Dr. Pat” had not taken the money.
His interactions with the women however are a different story.
1. The very first thing that he did when he saw the women was to size them all up as potential sex partners. I do believe that all men do this, whether they are married or not, wonder what a cute or beautiful woman would be like as a sex partner. How many decent guys would size up whose women on TV, like Matt did in the first episode? I believe a decent guy would keep his lust to himself.
2. I believe that he was upset when “Ashleigh” told him that she was interested in “Ralph”. Just the evening before, he thought she was interested in him. I believe that is why he wanted to get her out of the house, not because she was trash talking "Molly". A decent guy would not have careless.
2. He (in my opinion) was very angry with “Dr. Pat” when he thought that she slept with the “Hutch". I believe that she dropped to “whore” status in his eyes. He gave her the trip out of obvious guilt, not kindness. If he had not hurt “Dr. Pat”, and Dr. Pat had talk about how she had always wanted to go to a Spa, then he gave her the trip, that is an act of kindness.
3. I am absolute amazed that he did not bat an eyelash at asking the girls to take their tops off (and so was the production crew). There is not a “decent guy” in the world that would ask a woman that he has known for less then 10 days to do this.
4. I am amazed that he was giving instructions to the girls on how to kiss. “Not just a peck”. A decent guy would not have even opened his mouth. (Why do guys like this????? Girls do not like to see two guys kissing.)
5. When the “model/hooker” was making fun of “Kip”, he correctly stood up for “Kip”. But then he said, “she is not even pretty”. Somebody please explain to me what you think that means. I thought that it meant that it would have been ok to make fun of “Kip” if the model had been pretty. (?)
You could argue that maybe his subconscious realizes that “Molly” is not a virgin. But whether or not a person is a virgin or not, or even worse a hooker, would a truly decent person treat them differently?
In my humble opinion, Matt treated all the guys the same. Whether he thought they were gay, an a$$hole, a father figure or a buddy, which is exactly what a decent person should do. The women however are just sex objects to him, not to be respected the same as the men.
I would like to hear you thoughts. I am very sorry if I have made anyone angry. I am not trying to do that. I am just trying to have a discussion to try to understand men better. If you are going to go on a reality show, people are going to talk about you.