The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-16-06, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

Did anyone catch the other day when Rhonda, in one of her annoying little asides said something about Kelly's mom and characterized her as having agraphobia? I distinctly remember Kelly saying her mom suffered from agoraphobia.

Agoraphobia-fear of open places (put simply)
Agraphobia-fear of sexual abuse.

Just as we all suspected- Rhonda is completely incompetent and she doesn't know what she's talking about. You'd think she would at least name the right phobia.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia lovemydogdude 02-16-06 1
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Mama_Pita 02-16-06 2
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Sahara 02-16-06 3
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia ccr1225 02-16-06 4
       RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Sahara 02-16-06 6
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia sharnina 02-16-06 5
       RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Zoey 02-16-06 7
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia horsewhisperer 02-16-06 9
       RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Sahara 02-16-06 12
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia evilfeevil 02-27-06 27
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia ctechic 02-28-06 29
       RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia sharnina 02-28-06 30
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Redbud 02-16-06 8
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia JustBNMe 02-16-06 10
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia dasboot 02-16-06 11
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia C_Mar 02-16-06 13
       RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia lovemydogdude 02-17-06 14
           RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia SOfan0221 02-17-06 16
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Spaciestdaisy 02-17-06 15
       RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia SOFANinGA 02-17-06 17
           RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia TheMeerkat 02-17-06 18
           RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia sharnina 02-17-06 19
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Cleverone 02-17-06 20
   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia lovemydogdude 02-17-06 21
       RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Zoey 02-17-06 22
           RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia lovemydogdude 02-17-06 24
               RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Zoey 02-18-06 25
                   RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia michicali 02-23-06 26
           RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia Black_Rainbow 02-27-06 28
 RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia michicali 02-17-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Very good catch sharnina..I believe you heard correctly..they probably think we're too stupid to notice the difference so they didn't waste the money editing lol. I heard that, thanks for the definitions to confirm. Interesting...

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
You are correct sharnina, rhonda just figured since kelly is obsessed with what her therapist said about seduction, that her mom was agraphobic, she was listening to kelly but lord knows she didnt hear her, as usual.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-16-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Yeah, kind of like when telling the housemates about Kim's "intervention", she said "Kim is drownding." There is no such word in my dictionary. People in the business of speaking before the public really should learn English, shouldn't they?

AF 2006

ccr1225 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ccr1225 Click to send private message to ccr1225 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Or maybe she had it right.

02-16-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

"Drownding" is not in the dictionary. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, page 400, drown, drowned, drowning, drowns. I would not accuse her of being wrong without being absolutely sure.

AF 2006

02-16-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Yeah!!! I heard that too and couldn't believe it!!

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-16-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
It bothered me when she said this, too.

It also bothers me when she says eXspecially.

I know this is nit-picky but she's a professional, so I'd expect better.

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-16-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Sahara,
I missed Rhonda saying drownding. You gotta be kidding! I really find it annoying when "professional" speakers use incorrect language. Kind of like nails on a black-board! Perhaps she should have paid attention during some of her college courses, the ones she COMPLETED, any how.
Dana

02-16-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
It is one of my pet peeves. I might have expected one of my little elementary school students to say "drownding". From them it is cute. From a 45-year-old "professional", on television nonetheless, it just isn't cute anymore.

AF 2006

evilfeevil 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evilfeevil Click to send private message to evilfeevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Has anyone ever noticed that Rhonda also pronounces "important" like this?: "IM-PORDENT", with a "d" instead of a "t"? I find it very annoying to hear that mispronunciation coming from someone who is supposed to be intelligent! I'm pretty sure that Jessica used to pronounce it that way, too, but she's still in her early 20s so I'll cut her some slack (but not much since she's supposed to be college-educated).

ctechic 22 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ctechic Click to send private message to ctechic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
The word "drownding" may not be in the dictionary, but if you were to goggle the word you will see that the word "drownding" is used as a metaphor of drowning in many poets' work. Also the pronunciation of many words derive from the part of country the person who is saying them is from. For instance, some say "aunt" and some say "ant" depending on location.

02-28-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
I googled it and found some poems using the word drownding. It is just simply used incorrectly by a couple of young poets that didn't bother to use spell check. A metaphor is, commonly, a figure of speech used to paint one concept with the attributes normally associated with another. It is not using a word that sort of sounds like the word you want to use.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players
They have their exits and their entrances; — (William Shakespeare, As You Like It)

This well known quote is a good example of a metaphor. In this example, "the world" is compared to a stage, the aim being to describe the world by taking well-known attributes from the stage.

I agree with this point that you made;

"Also the pronunciation of many words derive from the part of country the person who is saying them is from. For instance, some say "aunt" and some say "ant" depending on location."

That doesn't make it okay coming from a supposed professional like Rhonda. I don't have specific examples on hand but she regularly slaughters the English language.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-16-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
>LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06
>AT 04:25 PM (EST)

>
>Did anyone catch the other day
>when Rhonda, in one of
>her annoying little asides said
>something about Kelly's mom and
>characterized her as having agraphobia?
>I distinctly remember Kelly saying
>her mom suffered from agoraphobia.
>
>
>Agoraphobia-fear of open places (put simply)
>
>Agraphobia-fear of sexual abuse.
>
>Just as we all suspected- Rhonda
>is completely incompetent and she
>doesn't know what she's talking
>about. You'd think she would
>at least name the right
>phobia.

I thought the same thing....what the heck is Rhonda saying? I would have thought they' fix it in editing but apparently not.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-16-06, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

Rhonda is human and makes mistakes at least she doesn't use wrong words daily and mispronounce things every day like some others on the show do and have. Let's not forget all the words Iyanla botches when she speaks. Iyanla seems to do it daily and she has a law degree among her many degrees. Maybe her botchery of the English language is why she isn't a lawyer today. That being said they do need to be careful what words they use but who knows maybe Kelly's mom does suffer from both. I would hope not but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-16-06, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Does it make sense that someone with agoraphobia would be institutionalized, even thirty years ago? This doesn't sound quite truthful.

C_Mar 55 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Mar Click to send private message to C_Mar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
It's very hard for me to believe that a person with agoraphobia would check themselves into the hospital. Unless she wasn't able to care for herself (bathe and eat), there is no way that she could have been committed.

02-17-06, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
It seems like she most likely had multiple diagnoses. Today they might also call her bipolar, label her with 1 or 2 personality disorders and then mention agoraphobia. I agree it seems unlikely that this was the only problem she had. Probably just one symptom of the big psychotic problem. JMO

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Very good point lovemydogdude. When Kelly did her little 'pony show' in group the other day one word popped into my mind ---- BIPOLAR.

Whatever the mother's problems were, I think Kelly is wise to be scared that it may also affect her. Unfortunately, I think some of it already has.

Her facial motions with the pursed lips and constantly running her tounge over her teeth remind me of someone wound extremely tight.

Her body languange while her and Jodi were talking on the patio said 'bring it on b!tch' as loud as any words could. She wants to rumble, get into a cat fight, be the leader and I think she blew it on her 2nd or 3rd day.

Spaciestdaisy 9 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spaciestdaisy Click to send private message to Spaciestdaisy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
I don't think they knew as much about the illness as they do today. if someone is completly confined to their house and there is no physical sickness, that was probably the only "solution"

SOFANinGA 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOFANinGA Click to send private message to SOFANinGA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
I don't know about agoraphobia classification being the main reason Kelly's Mother being institutionalized....... I think we will find out more when Kelly open's up more because it doesn't sound right.
If that was the case & her Mother was institutionalized & never came out, I guess the institution was unsuccessful in helping her?

TheMeerkat 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheMeerkat Click to send private message to TheMeerkat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
I think its quite possible that that was the reason she was checked in. I have panic disorder and suffered from agoraphobia a couple years ago. I was a prisoner of my house and my mind. There were mulitple times I was in the emergency room for sedation because my anxiety attacks were out of control. And that ride to the hospital was horrible. As bad as my attacks were in the home, once I left I thought I would die. I felt that I would suffocate and go crazy.

I gave some thought to checking myself into some kind of psychiatric hospital because I could not cope with daily life. When you are confined by fear, you will go to any lengths be well. Those years were the worst of my life. The last episode I had, I was suicidal and in the emergency room begging the doctors to fix me, commit me, let me die, something. Fortunately, I had soem help and am doing well today.

SO its quite possible that her agoraphobia was what she was checked in for. You have no idea how devastating it can be.

02-17-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
But her mom did come out and remarried her dad. So she must have gotten the help she needed. Too bad nobody bothered to look around and notice what effect all their grown up decisions had on very vulnerable 13 year old Kelly. We adults can be pretty self-absorbed sometimes and forget how much our kids can be hurt in the long run by things they don't understand.

And thanks so much, Meercat, for sharing your experience with us. I have a friend who has suffered with agoraphobia for the last several years. Fortunately for her she has a very loving extended family, a great church family, and one very special neighbor, all who have helped her through the rough times. She has taken medication and had lots of support and is doing much better now. She still can't go far from home but she is much calmer now than she used to be.

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Maybe Rhonda had it right ....agorahobics usually can't venture out of their homes or comfort zones...I find it hard to believe that Kelly's mother could go out for counseling or anything else if she was so bad that she had to admit her self to an institution.

I caught the comment, too....and thought it was a slip of the tongue, but since you introduced the meaning of "agraphobia" and the word "seduction" supposedly traumatized Kelly's life....do you suppose that Rhonda had it right??? Both terms have sexual connotations...seduction and agraphobia..hhmmmmmmm .

There's more going on here than what Kelly's expressed so far (JMHO).

"I walk in my own shoes..."

02-17-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Hi Cleverone
I don't think Rhonda had it right, I think she goofed. They are two totally different disorders. There has been no mention of sexual abuse, and I don't think it is a necessary piece to this puzzle. The fact that she was able to venture outside the home for therapy to me means it had gotten really bad and she had no choice..and soon after she was institutionalized.

The term seduce that was used with Kelly seems totally unrelated to her mother's situation. I think the therapist was referring to Freud's twisted view on daughters and fathers in relation to Kelly and did not do a very good job of it. There should have been an adult present for such an issue to be discussed with a 13yo girl! JMO

02-17-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Actually, I think CleverOne may be on to something.

I was thinking about this last night.

About the mother being committed :

I'm agoraphobic, too. I've been housebound for 9 and 1/2 years. I got help after 8 long years. I am still housebound but I'm on medication now and things are a bit easier. I have to see my doctor once a month. It's not therapy, really, just keeping my meds in check and making sure I'm stable. It may not seem like it but once a month is a lot to handle for a completely housebound agoraphobic.

Because of this, my doctor wants me to enter a hospital to recieve treatment. He (nor anyone else) could commit me. I'd have to agree to it. Thing is, there isn't good treatment around here that Social Security Disability would pay for. They certainly wouldn't cover a therapist coming to my home, I can't handle weekly therapy (if there is any) and in the hospital, there is no specific program to help agoraphobics. I'd basically be rotting there - so I may as well just stay here.

My point is, that an in-patient hospital stay is very much a possibility for someone with the resources available to them. My doctor knows that we don't have an in-patient program specifically for people like me but he still thinks it would be good for me because I'd still be forced out of my comfort zone and I'd have no choice but to get used to it. I don't necessarily agree that I'd get used to it but I can see why Kelly's mother could have ended up there, even if they didn't have proper treatment.

Anyway, about the agoraphobia/agraphobia - There may be a connection.

Fears are one of Rhonda's supposed specialties, so it's strange to think she would make such a mistake, even though the words are close.

If you'll stick with me for a few seconds, maybe we can sort this out.

Fears all fall under the category of Anxiety Disorders. There are three main categories of phobias:

Social phobia
Agoraphobia

and Simple phobias - this includes everything that isn't Social phobia or agoraphobia. It could be spiders, snakes, water, germs and even sexual abuse. It could be anything, really, but it's a specific fear, not as general as the other two.

At any rate, anxiety disorders are very often passed on but they can manifest themselves differently. It's very possible that the mother is agoraphobic and that Kelly, herself, is agraphobic.

Kelly may have had an inherant tendancy towards anxiety problems and what the doctor said to her about seduction could have triggered this particular fear and any overall issues with anxiety.

Agraphobia, as decribed above, is a fear of sexual abuse. It doesn't say weather the person who has this fear is afraid of being abused or afraid of being abusive to other people.

OCD, another anxiety disorder, also manifests itself in different ways - Some people are "germ freaks" and clean everything. Some people have to check things over and over (the lights, oven, locks, etc...)

Another (of many) ways that OCD can manifest itself is that people fear harming themselves and/or others. It could be sexually, violently, verbally...It might be more specific. For example, someone with this kind of OCD may avoid bridges because they fear driving themselves off of the bridge. They may avoid using knives around their children because they fear they may stab them.

NONE of these things will ever happen and a person with OCD is NOT phsycotic. The mother would never stab her child but because the mother fears the "What if?" she avoids it, even if rationally, she knows she wont.

I feel that this may somehow relate to Kelly. I am NOT trying to diagnose her but I feel that her fear of sexually molesting (or "seducing") or even just appearing to be sexually molesting anyone, frightens her to the point where she avoids it as much as she can. In this way, I feel it is definitely relatable to her mother's anxiety problems and is characteristic of anxiety problems in general.

She may have a lot more wrong with her than this but these problems are sooo complex and so intertwined that I wouldn't rule what I said out.

I can feel for her. If this is true, anyone with the fear and constant obssessing that they might accidentally sexually abuse someone who they get to close to would be tightly wound, steeped in darkness and an overall neurotic mess, who fights to keep distance between herselves and others.

02-17-06, 09:56 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Thanks Zoey for sharing and I respect your view and your points were well taken. I only question the thought that agraphobic could refer Kelly because I think it would specify fear of being sexually abused or fear of sexually abusing others. It only states of "being" sexually abused so I don't feel it relates JMO

02-18-06, 09:15 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Again, above (and the definitions that I looked up - which, admittedly, they can be very vague) mentioned "Fear of sexual abuse", they didn't use the word "being".

Either way, even if Kelly isn't agraphobic, I still think that this irrational fear is something that is anxiety related and that she would never really do it.

Not that her having anxiety is a secret, I've never seen her look relaxed, like she wasn't a bundle of nerves.

And people do often mispronounce the word, which is all I thought it was when Rhonda first said it. It could be as simple as that. I was just offering that what ever it's called is probably related to anxiety, if not agraphobia.

michicali 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michicali Click to send private message to michicali Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Rhonda didn't necessarily mispronounce it.

It is unfortunate that two very different phobias sound so much alike!

Black_Rainbow 65 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-06, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Black_Rainbow Click to send private message to Black_Rainbow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Thank you Zoey for that post and (((hugs))) for all that you are going through.

It's not at all unrealistic for someone with agoraphobia to be hospitalized. I have it and some days/weeks/months are better than others. Currently, I am on a condition that I go to work (3 days a week) and go to therapy (2 days a week) or I will be put in the hospital. This is not just because of the agoraphobia but in conjuntion with other things. And let me just say that it's H.A.R.D.

So it is possible for someone with agoraphobia to go outside to therapy or even to be put in a hospital. Disorders range in degrees of intensity, even for the same person over time. For me, some places are more 'safe' than others and I have a small list of people and places that I can handle *reasonably well*.

I wonder what Kelly's mom actually went through while in the hospital...what kind of treatments they had then for agoraphobia and other panic disorders. AGRAphobia is also a very interesting concept. I haven't read about it so I don't know what the difference is from that and the fears of PTSD.

Anywho, now I am just rambling.

~Black Rainbow~

michicali 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michicali Click to send private message to michicali Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Agoraphobia vs. Agraphobia"
Agoraphobia is commonly pronounced two different ways: a-GOR-a-phobia and AG-a-ra-phobia. In the second pronounciation, you hardly hear the second syllable.

My mother has had it since she was 13, and finally in her 50s she sought counseling. I went with her to a session or two, in 1981. Members of the support group, including the therapist, used both pronounciations interchangeably.

I had never heard of agraphobia until just now, but a quick Yahoo search reveals that although it does appear to indeed be fear of sexual abuse, many people posting on boards and things were mistakenly using that spelling to refer to their condition of fear of open spaces--probably just writing it like they hear it pronounced.

I agree that Kelly's mom probably had other stuff going on and the agoraphobia was one manifestation of her psychological issues, as is the case with my mother. The good news is Kelly's mom sought help. God bless her! Mine on the other hand ....

And I agree the grammar on the show is atrocious. I give Iyanla a break--I think she's trying to be colloquial most the time and really does know better. I love Rhonda, but her pronouns are a nightmare.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •