The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

iwannabearealitystar 592 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-01-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iwannabearealitystar Click to send private message to iwannabearealitystar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I ran across this blurb in Sundas New York Post Gossip section.
(ww.nypost.com) hit "Gossip" it's in Elisa somthings colunm. Here is the blurb:

May 1, 2005 -- SOUNDS like the families of "Amazing Race" stars Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich - who wed April 16 in the Bahamas beneath a cloud of confidentiality agreements - are mad at CBS for taking over all the arrangements.
Their wedding, for which the couple sold the TV rights to CBS, will be aired as a two-hour special on May 24, titled "Rob and Amber Get Married."

"It's really hard on the family," Rob's brother complained recently. " is in charge of everything. They make all the decisions."

And apparently the lucky couple will be "surprised" with a house from Mariano's father as a wedding gift. Or will they? Sources close to the couple say that Mariano, who got $1 million for winning the TV contest, actually purchased the house from his father, and that CBS helped with cost.

Just a little more "reality" for your televisions, it seems.

This is what I consider the "spoiler": Sources close to the couple say that Mariano, who got $1 million for winning the TV contest

Amber won the million on Survivor NOT Rob. It may be a misprint, but they only mention TAR specifically in the article. Hmm.....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... ARnutz 05-01-05 1
   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 2
       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... ARnutz 05-01-05 3
       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... volsfan 05-01-05 4
           RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 10
               RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... ARnutz 05-01-05 11
                   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 21
       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-01-05 5
           RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... ARnutz 05-01-05 6
               RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-01-05 7
                   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... ARnutz 05-01-05 8
                       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-01-05 9
                           RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... ARnutz 05-01-05 12
                               RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 13
                                   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-01-05 14
                                   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 15
                                       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-01-05 16
 RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... memyselfandi 05-01-05 17
 RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 18
   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-01-05 19
       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 20
   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... TeamJoisey 05-02-05 24
       Right AyaK 05-03-05 38
       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-03-05 40
 RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... The Amazing Racer 05-01-05 22
 RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-01-05 23
   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-02-05 25
       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... Drive My Car 05-02-05 26
           RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-02-05 28
               RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... Spidey 05-02-05 29
                   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-02-05 30
                       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... Spidey 05-02-05 31
                           RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... JackieKay 05-02-05 32
                               RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... iwannabearealitystar 05-02-05 35
 About bad journalism: Estee 05-02-05 27
   RE: About bad journalism: Harrison 05-02-05 33
 RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... RealityMom 05-02-05 34
   RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... BCJazz 05-03-05 36
       RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... PepeLePew13 05-03-05 37
 The MadBananaRush spoiler AyaK 05-03-05 39
   RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler iwannabearealitystar 05-03-05 41
       No AyaK 05-03-05 42
   RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler volsfan 05-03-05 43
   RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler true 05-04-05 44
       RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler fairyprincess 05-04-05 45
           RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler FLORIDAGAL 05-04-05 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Obviously this reporter didn't check the facts too closely. Amber won the million, not Rob.

If they won TAR, it would have to say "the couple won the million", not Rob. It's just all wrong!

As far as the family griping about the wedding details, who the heck cares? The family wasn't the ones getting married and Romber chose to do it on friggin' TV so they should shut up!

That's the price you pay as a friggin' DAW! If they didn't like CBS taking over, they should've neevr agreed to do it that way.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

05-01-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iwannabearealitystar Click to send private message to iwannabearealitystar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
That's what I am saying...either she didn't check her facts (which is possible) OR since she is talking about TAR specifically, she inadvertantly spilled Rob and Amber as the winners.

If you'll notice it says "won a million dollars in the contest". Which contest? Survivor wasn't even mentioned, but TAR was. Since they were quoting someone from Robs family only, not using "couple" isn't really that big a deal-it's more about him than her. I've read several articles here Rupert is described as a million dollar Survivor winner--when he really got the special audience prize. He didn't win the actual contest!

As for the wedding, Ambers family should be thrilled that they saved all that money. Trita and Ryans family compalined a little about being out of the loop also. You are 100% right, get over it families! You got a free vacation!

05-01-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I agree, which contest?

I just think it's very poor journalism and that we shouldn't read too much into the bad wording.

If it turns out that Romber doesn't win, then this person was wrong on both accounts.

I still have to believe the betting spoiler (because they are usually right) and something that was never brought up there (that I've thought about) is that Rob lives in Boston and a lot of the bets came from Massachusetts, if he leaked the info (even accidentally), then why wouldn't people he knows bet on it?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I don't think the reporter would know who won the race. It doesn't even sound like the reporter even talked to Rob or Amber. Unless they are quoted some where else in the article. I am with Nutz in that I don't think the reporter got the facts right!

05-01-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Hey! This is a combo reply to Nutz and Vols.

I really don't have a clue if this could be correct. I just saw it and it seemed interesting to me. (that's why I said "possible" major spoiler) What stood out to me was that they mentioned Rob winning a million $ in a contest. Like I said, they never mentioned the background as to which contest. Since Survivor wasn't mentioned at all (and Amber actually won Survivor)--it made me wonder if there may be a little more to this article than just complaints about the wedding.

I said in another thread that it seems like a great PR tactic on behalf of CBS to use TAR to promote the wedding, especially if they win the whole thing.

There was also speculation that b/c the guests had to sign confidentiality agreements, they may know the outcome, even though you really aren't supposed to tell (even family) the outcome. However, since the wedding was a CBS event, technically, the guests may have learned confidential info and due to these special cicumstance, became bound by CBS contract not to spill.

My friend won some $ on Millionaire last year and was bound by contract NOT to disclose how much she won. They even frown on telling husbands etc. until after airing (even fam. can't keep secrets) and she didn't. All we knew was how much she had when she phoned him as a PAF (b/c there were several people at the house for support/answers w/ google cued up). If anyone (even if it wasn' her per se) disclosed the results publicly, prior to airing she had to forfeit the winnings. ABC PR handled any local coverage in the papers and local tv. In the case of Rombers wedding guests, they may face very heavy financial sanctions.

There is so much speculation about conspiracy bettings (and I have considreed the Mass. bets b/c Rob's from Beantown--great minds think alike Nutz). However, I am on you alls side, the bettings usually aren't wrong. Unless someone actually did put out a false piece of info. Although I wouldn't put it past Rob to tell his friends etc. the wrong info just to mess with them!

Believe it or not, though, the NY Post (esp. if it's gossip) is pretty reliable as a source and has broken many good stories. This is why Page Six is so infamous. Now, like I said, I may be reading too much into this, but it really jumped out at me due to the wording. There have been crazier theries posted! We'll all know on May 10th.

05-01-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Sorry, I hope we didn't make you feel like we were shooting the messenger, I certainly wasn't intending to do that!

I'm just getting worn out by people fishing for reasons (even remote itty bitty details) for Romber winning because most of it has no real spoiler value and they are just fishing for hope. I guess I'm a little biased because they aren't exactly my favorite team.

I was really upset about the family's comments when I posted my first response so maybe I came across as, well... NUTZ!

05-01-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Sorry, I hope we didn't make you feel like we were shooting the messenger, I certainly wasn't intending to do that!

Not at all! You all are never intentionally mean in your posts and responses to anyone! We are here to debate!

I can see how it gets annoying to have "not really" spoilers posted, I really should have called this thread something else, it may have been misleading. Sorry!

JackieKay 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JackieKay Click to send private message to JackieKay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
>That's what I am saying...either she
>didn't check her facts (which
>is possible) OR since she
>is talking about TAR specifically,
>she inadvertantly spilled Rob and
>Amber as the winners.
>

For what its worth, over at another site, a well-respected, long-time reliable spoiler-person has posted that Rob and Amber are next out, this week. I haven't seen that mentioned here yet (I could have missed it), which surprises me since it has been discussed over there for days, and I know a lot of people go to more than one spoiler site.

05-01-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-05 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

Ooooh! You could have just given us the tid-bit of the season, thanks!

Do you have more info? How do they know this? What are the clues that have been pieced together? Do you have a link?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited at the prospect of new info.

ETA: There was a rumor posted here that Romber comes in 3rd, but that is just that, a rumor.

05-01-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JackieKay Click to send private message to JackieKay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23

I hope that works -- basically its the survivor sucks site, on its Amazing Race page -- there is a spoiler link which is up to about page 122 -- I think probably the last 10 pages discuss this spoiler which was posted by MadBananaRush (MBR). This person is said to have spoiled many past shows correctly because of his connections. Everyone over there pretty much takes his word as the gospel truth, unless his connections misfed him info. But, he seems pretty convinced his info is accuratel.

05-01-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Thanks so much! I'll go and poke around.

... and if I haven't said so before, "Welcome to the boards!!!"

05-01-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Thanks -- also, to better direct you, MBR first stated that Rob and Amber would not make the final 3 on page 105 of the spoiler thread. As you can imagine, a great debate started taking place, and he posted more info on the pages that follow -- including that they would be out this week, and on the early show May 4. On page 121, he clarified that he has two sources and that he trusts them and believes the info to be accurate. You will see many posters who say that if MBR says this is the case, then it is the case. MBR is also an administrator over there.

I'm just passing this along -- I have no idea if its correct, and I don't care whether Rob and Amber are next to go -- but this is a spoiler board, so if people want to join the debate on whether it is true -- there you go.

05-01-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Thanks again. It seems logical, but like with anything else, we'll have to see on the show.

I really, really want to believe it's true! That would mean the finale would be 2 glorious hours of TV viewing for me!

05-01-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I checked it out as well, I am not so sure if it is any more accurate than my NY Post theory! But it sounds good. This is what the fun of spoiling and Speculating is all about!

However, did you check out the scanned copy of the Phillipine magazine that states the final 3 are R/A, R/K and U/J? It is on maybe pg. 119 in the spoiler thread? Can we copy and post the artcle to this thread?

05-01-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
>I checked it out as well,
>I am not so sure
>if it is any more
>accurate than my NY Post
>theory! But it sounds
>good. This is what
>the fun of spoiling and
>Speculating is all about!
>
>However, did you check out the
>scanned copy of the Phillipine
>magazine that states the final
>3 are R/A, R/K and
>U/J? It is on
>maybe pg. 119 in the
>spoiler thread? Can we
>copy and post the artcle
>to this thread?

I think that MBR's spoiler is more accurate because it is based on direct, confirmed information (allegedly, but again, MBR is said to be reliable and trusted). On the other hand, why would CBS have informed a newspaper, whether it be the NY Post or the Phillipines, about who the final 3 are or who wins? I guess they could have goten a tidbit too, though, so who knows.

05-01-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Look in admanmcd's M/G new London spoiler thread for a copy of the article. Looks authentic! My NY Post theory keeps getting better

05-01-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
>Look in admanmcd's M/G new London
>spoiler thread for a copy
>of the article. Looks
>authentic! My NY Post
>theory keeps getting better
>

I saw it -- its on the other site as well. I just wish the article said where they got their information from, otherwise, it doesn't mean much to me.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-01-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-05 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

Could the reporter have meant the money they were paid to air the wedding? Maybe she thought they won a contest to have the wedding paid for.

MBR mentions Baker street in his Romber spoiler.

05-01-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
On the other hand, why would CBS have informed a newspaper, whether it be the NY Post or the Phillipines, about who the final 3 are or who wins? I guess they could have goten a tidbit too, though, so who knows.

Easy....

If R/A are or aren't eliminated--LOTS of people know about it. The cast (they are all there in the final leg), crew, producers, editors, Network people (who check dailys and approve editing), their secrataries and assistants (everyone in showbiz talks--the results are secret only to the viewer, which is the whole point!) and anyone else they tell. Not to mention the herds of people attending and involved (guests, crew, workers, editors etc.) in the wedding. I am sure something spilled out at some point, whether it's positive or negative--depending on who you are rooting for!

Plus, if they are on the Early show, the bookers, bookers assistants, PA's, secrataries, the rest of their crew, their editors and reporters, plus anyone else they tell, etc..That "flashback" stuff is prepared ahead of time and depending on who it is, the questions are known to the guests-spontaneous TV is actually REALLY well planned.

Amber and Rob probably have publicists, agents etc..they all know what is going on--and ALWAYS talk, when you read an article, about even a Z lister, who do you think the "source" is? There is also an interesting part of the article that states CBS helped with the cost of the house R/A are suprised with. Really? Did they actually help with the cost independantly, or was the million he won part of a downpayment with CBS "helping" as a cover?

Besides, (although I really hope Team Joisey weighs in in case I am wrong), lots of newspaper stories are written ahead of time, in order to give accurate and timely exposure to the shows and contestants. Networks send out confidential press releases many times, plus people may be assigned to cover certain stories and need a heads up. This is another bunch of people who get info. Reporters know LOTS of things befiore we do. It's their job.

It's all a matter of who decides to tell what and when. Not everyone in on TV info posts the results on websites because a) they don't want to lose their jobs and b) they just don't post on websites!

05-01-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
>On the other hand, why would
>CBS have informed a newspaper,
>whether it be the NY
>Post or the Phillipines, about
>who the final 3 are
>or who wins? I guess
>they could have goten a
>tidbit too, though, so who
>knows.

>
>Easy....
>
>If R/A are or aren't eliminated--LOTS
>of people know about it.
> The cast (they are
>all there in the final
>leg), crew, producers, editors, Network
>people (who check dailys and
>approve editing), their secrataries and
>assistants (everyone in showbiz talks--the
>results are secret only to
>the viewer, which is the
>whole point!) and anyone else
>they tell. Not to
>mention the herds of people
>attending and involved (guests, crew,
>workers, editors etc.) in the
>wedding. I am sure
>something spilled out at some
>point, whether it's positive or
>negative--depending on who you are
>rooting for!
>
>Plus, if they are on the
>Early show, the bookers, bookers
>assistants, PA's, secrataries, the rest
>of their crew, their editors
>and reporters, plus anyone else
>they tell, etc..That "flashback" stuff
>is prepared ahead of time
>and depending on who it
>is, the questions are known
>to the guests-spontaneous TV is
>actually REALLY well planned.
>
>Amber and Rob probably have publicists,
>agents etc..they all know what
>is going on--and ALWAYS talk,
>when you read an article,
>about even a Z lister,
>who do you think the
>"source" is? There is
>also an interesting part of
>the article that states CBS
>helped with the cost of
>the house R/A are suprised
>with. Really? Did
>they actually help with the
>cost independantly, or was the
>million he won part of
>a downpayment with CBS "helping"
>as a cover?
>
>Besides, (although I really hope Team
>Joisey weighs in in case
>I am wrong), lots of
>newspaper stories are written ahead
>of time, in order to
>give accurate and timely exposure
>to the shows and contestants.
> Networks send out confidential
>press releases many times, plus
>people may be assigned to
>cover certain stories and need
>a heads up. This
>is another bunch of people
>who get info. Reporters
>know LOTS of things befiore
>we do. It's their
>job.
>
>It's all a matter of who
>decides to tell what and
>when. Not everyone in
>on TV info posts the
>results on websites because a)
>they don't want to lose
>their jobs and b) they
>just don't post on websites!
>

Thats all true, and you may be right-- but, it seems you have an outcome in your mind that you want to occur (Rob and Amber winning) and it seems you find a way to believe every thing that indicates this occurs, and turn your back on anything that points to the contrary. I guess we'll find out Tuesday. You may be extremely happy or you may be sorely disappointed.

05-01-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I have more fun speculating then anything else! The fun in this (for me) is digging up all of these little scraps of info and trying to interpret them. As well as reading along with eveyone elses posts and interpretations! Whoever wins or loses, I honestly don't care all that much, it was a good show and a good race regardless.

IF they are still in the race on Tuesday night--I get to refer everyone to this thread--if not, I will hide my head in shame!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I can tell you a little bit about the media is told.
Some shows are more secretive than others.

Advance tapes of Survivor are sent to accredited media, and they are a whole episode, minus the tribal council.
The Amazing Race sends out tapes that are missing the Pit Stop arrivals.
The Apprentice sends out the whole thing, but only the very early episodes. I knew the first boot before the episode aired.

Any and all production personnel on all reality TV shows, as well as all talk shows that book booted guests, must sign non-disclosure agreements. And they usually don't tell the mainstream media anything. Also, TV writers as a general rule don't like spoilers, and don't seek them or pass them along. Their opinion is that the season should play out the way the producers intend, and we should watch it and enjoy it. Our own TV writers blanch when I bring up Internet spoilers.

Obviously, not everyone can keep a secret. Snewser isn't picking info out of the wind, and neither are most of the other reputable spoilers. The most reliable "spoilers" are really leaks.

Many of these leaks are probably from the contestants themselves. If the betting spoiler is true, then I would suspect the Mariano may have dropped a few oblique hints to a few friends in the Boston area. Sandra's victory in Survivor was known beforehand, thanks in part to a few hints from Lil's husband.

Yes, people at CBS might talk. But usually the pros can control their tongue. It's the players that are the best leaks.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Right"
There are leaks all over the place on reality shows. Most but not all come from contestants. In Survivor 1, Kelly's dad told the world that his daughter made the final four -- which was true, even though people chose not to believe him. The Boston Herald "spoiler" for Survivor 2 was traced to a relative of Elisabeth. Apparently Lis told this relative what happened down to the final four, and this relative promptly blabbed it to the Herald.

I've actually received leaked info on a few shows, but I've generally not done much with it, because I have no desire to turn into a super DAW like my old pal Snewser. I always worried about the risk to the leaker too much. One of the best leakers I ever knew was a person who worked as a video editor in California ... and I deliberately did NOT post that person's leaks, because I didn't want to get him (her?) in trouble with his (her?) employers.

I have also written stories based on preview tapes of reality-competition shows that included the bootee. As a rule of thumb, you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER disclose that information ... at least not if you ever want to get a preview tape again.

If MadBananaRush says that there is a leak about Romber's boot this week, then I believe it to be true. On the other hand, I don't believe that the Phillipines paper has any inside info, because I don't believe that it would reveal it if it did.

05-03-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I am so glad you shared all of that. I knew you worked for a paper and would know better than me exactly how things are done.

You are so right that the players are the best leaks. Even if you only drop hints, most people can pick up on whether your lying or hiding something. Especialy family. Also, some of the reality "stars" (if you can call them that) have press people and agents etc., who are notorious leakers and ususally know what is happening with their clients.

Whether this Post article is an accidental leak or poor journalism remains to be seen, although it's probably the latter. It will be interesting none the less.

The Amazing Racer 51 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Amazing%20Racer Click to send private message to The%20Amazing%20Racer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
How would an Asian newspaper know who makes it where? CBS isn't just passing around that info. Plus, the wording is pretty iffy. I don't necessarily think that means they're racing. That's just my opinion though. (Personally, I think next episode they're out...)

05-01-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
Okay, so I did some research and found another NY Post article, This is from 4/19 (and we know this already):
https://www.nypost.com/entertainment/44786.htm

But here is the interesting part:

Rob and Amber met on "Survivor: All Stars," which reunited past "Survivor" contestants to battle each other once again.
Brkich won the show and the $1 million grand prize — and was surprised on the show's live finale last May when Mariano asked her to marry him.

Mariano originally competed on "Survivor: Marquesas," while Brkich was on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," the second edition of the show.

Rob and Amber have since been running on "The Amazing Race" — and performing very well, leading to speculation that they may win yet another big money prize on competitive reality TV.

Now compare what part of todays (5/1) blurb said:

And apparently the lucky couple will be "surprised" with a house from Mariano's father as a wedding gift. Or will they? Sources close to the couple say that Mariano, who got $1 million for winning the TV contest, actually purchased the house from his father, and that CBS helped with cost.

Same paper--totally different statements! You would think whoever did the fact checking (and it's usualy NOT the writer) would remember all of this info and clarify the million was won by Amber, like they did 10 days ago. The 5/1 article seems to inadvertantly call Rob the winner, since Survivor is never mentioned in the article.

It is a stretch, but very interesting IMHO!

05-02-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
>Okay, so I did some research
>and found another NY Post
>article, This is from
>4/19 (and we know this
>already):
>https://www.nypost.com/entertainment/44786.htm
>
>But here is the interesting part:
>
>
>Rob and Amber met on "Survivor:
>All Stars," which reunited past
>"Survivor" contestants to battle each
>other once again.
>Brkich won the show and the
>$1 million grand prize —
>and was surprised on the
>show's live finale last May
>when Mariano asked her to
>marry him.
>
>Mariano originally competed on "Survivor: Marquesas,"
>while Brkich was on "Survivor:
>The Australian Outback," the second
>edition of the show.
>
>Rob and Amber have since been
>running on "The Amazing Race"
>— and performing very well,
>leading to speculation that they
>may win yet another big
>money prize on competitive reality
>TV.

>
>Now compare what part of todays
>(5/1) blurb said:
>
>And apparently the lucky couple will
>be "surprised" with a house
>from Mariano's father as a
>wedding gift. Or will they?
>Sources close to the couple
>say that Mariano, who got
>$1 million for winning the
>TV contest
, actually purchased the
>house from his father, and
>that CBS helped with cost.

>
>
>Same paper--totally different statements! You
>would think whoever did the
>fact checking (and it's usualy
>NOT the writer) would remember
>all of this info and
>clarify the million was won
>by Amber, like they did
>10 days ago. The
>5/1 article seems to inadvertantly
>call Rob the winner, since
>Survivor is never mentioned in
>the article.
>
>It is a stretch, but very
>interesting IMHO!
>
>
>
I don't get it. Exactly what are you trying to say this means? You take everything to mean that Romber wins, no matter what it says. Its sloppy journalism, like others have said! Even if Rob (and Amber by the way) won the Amazing Race, he wouldn't have the money yet to spend.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "

The article has as much spoiler value as any other news story. The fact that is says

Sources close to the couple
say that Mariano, who got
$1 million for winning the
TV contest,

Is worth looking into.

I think a news article has more discussion value then, "some guy on Sucks says so".

05-02-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-05 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

Twisting around the words of a newspaper article to reach a meaning that you want to occur does not make something a spoiler.

There is nothing in that article that says anything to suggest Rob and Amber won the Amazing Race. Their family would not be telling reporters that information if it were true, they could get Rob and Amber in a lot of trouble. Amber won a million in A.S.S., and now that she and Rob are married, they basically share that. Alot of people mistakenly call Rob the winner of that show because of how it went down. Rob and Amber were also given a million to televise their wedding. If they won the million on The Amazing Race, they wouldn't even have it yet, so how would Rob be spending it on the house? Yet people continue to misconstrue words to find a way to argue that Rob and Amber win.

And as the spoiler value of what some person said on a board -- if you were familiar with the Sucks board, you would know that this is not just some random person posting a rumor or his opinion. You may not be familiar with this person and it is your choice whether you believe the spoiler or not, but it is definitely a good subject for discussion -- MBR has been around a long time, has posted a lot of good correct information on past shows, and is an Administrator of the Board -- not just some fly by night person claiming to have info. When someone has proven themself over and over in the past -- there is a lot of reason to believe them. You can choose not to if you want.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
You didn't seriously just try to give a poster with nearly 19,000 posts a lesson on what is a "spoiler," did you?

Regardless of actual outcome of the race (you very well could be right to rely on MBR - I tend to believe it as well), that is just priceless.

I am also pretty sure Buggy is familiar with the Sucks board and MBR.

05-02-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-05 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

>You didn't seriously just try to
>give a poster with nearly
>19,000 posts a lesson on
>what is a "spoiler," did
>you?
>
>Regardless of actual outcome of the
>race (you very well could
>be right to rely on
>MBR - I tend to
>believe it as well), that
>is just priceless.
>

Why not? If that poster is biased and misconstruing things. Besides, I have read these boards for years, just because I don't post alot doesn't mean my opinion isn't as valid. It irritates me that you think the number of posts one has makes them more right than someone else.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
You misinterpreted me. I in no way said you opinion was invalid. (I actually agree with you about MBR's spoiler probably being on the money.) I'm sorry if my post implied otherwise.

And you are welcome to disagree with her and tell her she has her head in the sand. (which she likely does) Perhaps it was more the tone of the post. I just kind of chuckled at the thought that Buggy needed a lesson on what is or is not a spoiler.

Anyhoo, welcome to the board.

We're nicer over here than on that "other" board, dontcha think?

05-02-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
>You misinterpreted me. I in
>no way said you opinion
>was invalid. (I actually
>agree with you about MBR's
>spoiler probably being on the
>money.) I'm sorry if
>my post implied otherwise.
>
>And you are welcome to disagree
>with her and tell her
>she has her head in
>the sand. (which she
>likely does) Perhaps it
>was more the tone of
>the post. I just
>kind of chuckled at the
>thought that Buggy needed a
>lesson on what is or
>is not a spoiler.
>
>Anyhoo, welcome to the board.
>
>
>
>We're nicer over here than
>on that "other" board, dontcha
>think?

I'm sorry if my tone came off badly. I certainly didn't mean it that way, I just didn't think MBR's spoiler was so easily dismissed as just "some person at Sucks," I think its a valid spoiler. It could be wrong, like any spoiler could be wrong, but either way its definitely worth discussion.

Thank you for welcoming me to the Boards. Like i said, been here a while, just not a regular poster.

05-02-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "About bad journalism:"
It's the Post.

Duh.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: About bad journalism:"
It's the Post.
Duh.

Haha, indeed!
Of course, had it been in the NYTimes, we'd know better than to give the story any consideration at all.

"This is Jason Blair, reporting from the back seat of Romber's Land Rover..."

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-05 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

Hi, iwannabearealitystar,
I was wondering if the Post has a corrections column and if so, if you checked today to see if said anything. The NY Times has a site on page 2 called "Corrections: For the Record" and today it's citing errors from today's paper, last Sunday's paper and one from April 3. I couldn't find an actual site like that in the LA Times but it does have a little box in italics, also on page 2, where it tells you who to call if you believe there's an error. So even if there's no actual place in the Post where they cite their errors, maybe you could call and say you think they've made a mistake, since Amber was the one who actually won and by what they say, you might get a little more sense if this was a misprint or actually a slip about the winners of TAR. Of course, even if they say they made a mistake, since they can easily clarify things by saying they meant Amber, it could still be a spoiler and they're just saving themselves from the wrath of CBS.

BCJazz 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BCJazz Click to send private message to BCJazz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
My thoughts here are that Rob and Amber are married now...I would imagine that she is Amber Mariano now and maybe that is what they are referring to???

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
No, if you re-read the article, it said "Sources close to the couple say that Mariano, who got $1 million for winning the TV contest, actually purchased the house from his father, and that CBS helped with cost."

Unless Lamber got a sex-change, it's talking about Rob here. Then again, it's probably just a case of bad journalism and the reporter can't tell Lamber and Rob apart.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

05-03-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "The MadBananaRush spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

Just to put this all here, in the way we normally do these things (but thanks to the others, especially JackieKay, for posting about this). (Oh, and JackieKay, one word of advice -- you don't need to quote the post you're replying to):

1)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 3:29 pm)
Re: TAR 7 Spoilers
----------------
A little birdy told me that Meredith and Gretchen are scheduled to appear on the Early Show on May 11th.

Nothing more to add at this time...

2)
kingmichael15
(4/28/05 3:33 pm)
Reply Re: TAR 7 Spoilers
----------------

Doesn't the final four always go to the early show the day after the finale?

3)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 3:40 pm)
----------------
I'll give you a hint. The final THREE do!

No more.

p.s. Thanks little birdy

4)
bakercat
(4/28/05 3:45 pm)
----------------
Greenraven, the reason I think that Uchenna and Joyce are mugged is because they are carrying a yellow gift bag in the picture that looks exactly like the one Meredith and Gretchen had after their mugging. I don't think production would give out bags so the racers could lighten their loads. I do think however that production would give mugged racers a bag to hold their passports and clues and that is why the bags look the same.

Could it be possible that Rob and Amber miss the connection and end up a day behind everyone else or are maybe a day ahead of everyone? The reason I ask is because all of the photos of the other teams show mostly cloudy skies but Amber and Rob are mostly under sunny skies. What was the weather like on the 12th and 14th?

MBR you have made me day. I get to see Meredith and Gretchen till the end. I love the incompetent teams doing well because it makes me feel like I might have a chance on the race.

5)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 3:48 pm)
-------------
Ironic that a nic like BAKERcat will hopefully get to see BAKER Street play a part in the ouster of those who shall not be named in fear of retribution from their claymateesque following!

6)
greenraven1
(4/28/05 3:53 pm)
----------------

The final four appear on TES if these are four going into the last 2 legs. At least Hayden & Aaron and the Bowling Moms did. So IF Meredith & Gretchen are on the May 11th show only one of two things are possible:

1. They are final three if the last elimination occurs on the next (Leg 11) episode.

2. They are final four if the last elimination is Leg 12 (hour 1 of the final broadcast) and they are eliminated and/or are final three in the following hour. I go with this one. And I do think they finish fourth.

This info totally reinforces my gut feeling they will use the TAR5/TAR6 format and next week is a non elim Yield leg.

Quote:
----------------
i couldve sworn that it was always the final four.
----------------

From TAR5 it has been. Before it was only the final three because only the final three were in the final broadcast. Except on TAR1 where they brought Kevin & Drew back to "steal" Rob & Brennan's check at the end, heh.

Edited by: greenraven1 at: 4/28/05 3:56 pm

7)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 3:55 pm)
----------------
They are final 3!

I'm not going to say anymore as it will ruin everything.

8)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 4:05 pm)
----------------
Sorry romberites, you ain't gonna be dancing in Miami!

9)
kingmichael15
(4/28/05 4:06 pm)
----------------

If your going to say stuff like that you have to provide proof, not just:

a little birdy told me...

This is a spoiler thread, why try stopping ruining it for the rest of us

10)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 4:12 pm)
----------------
King Michael, I've been here a dang sight longer than you and don't have to prove #####.

Romber is not f3, alright! No vagueness, no games.

11)
SuRvIvOrPhAn1017
MESS member
(4/28/05 4:13 pm)
----------------
I'm guessing you do not know who MBR is kingmichael. Let me just say, if Sucks were the economy, then MBR would be Dr. Alan Greenspan. You just go along with what he says, no questions asked.

So I guess you are confirming a 1st place finish for U/J. Oh well, guess 2nd place is good enough for M/G.

12)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 4:29 pm)
----------------
Not confirming, P, just adding what I know, have been told, and the betting spoiler.

13)
kingmichael15
(4/28/05 4:32 pm)
----------------
MBR where you told that meridith and gretchen make final 3, or meridith and gretchen are scedualed to appear on the morning show may 11th?

14)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 4:35 pm)
----------------
I'm the lawyer, so I'll be asking the questions in future!

I was told both!

And Michael, I'm just playing with you!

I'll honestly let you know more as soon as I get the chance.

15)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(4/28/05 10:16 pm)
----------------
I just want to clarify that all information I have told regarding the final 3 and Romber is accurate and not BS. It appears some people were getting confused when I was "playing" with King Michael earlier. Romber are not in the final 3 and Meredith and Gretchen will be on the Early Show May 11th!

Now, I read that people want to know if they (Romber) go next episode, or whther they are eliminated after the first hour of the finale. From what information I have received so far, it looks like they are out this upcoming episode. However, don't hold me to that. I can't get it confirmed 100%, and we all know how things can be inaccurate in this business - sometimes.

You'll be the first to know if I get new info, I promise.

Lux
./.
MBR

16)
MadBananaRush
Administrator
(5/1/05 2:59 pm)
Re: 4-hour penalty
----------------
For those who want to be spoon fed all the time: I had a source closer to MB than you could ever imagine. Now maybe that source f---ed with me or just made a mistake, but I have never run away from the fact that I posted that Matt VE spoiler. I couldn't give a rats a-- if I was wrong or not. I had the balls to post the f---ing thing.

Now to the persent; there are two sources to this present info. Both have been dead on with TAR AND Survivor for several seasons now. Personally, spoiling for me went out the window several seasons ago. I neither have the time for it or the passion, so when a spoiler comes across my desk that I feel the posters of this board could benefit from, I will post it.

I trust this one 100% and don't have to justify it to anyone. If it's wrong, so what. It's a f---ing tv show. There is no misleading, deliberate false spoiler being posted by me.

If any more info comes across my desk I'll post it.

Oh, and unlike OTHER places, I don't ban people for disagreeing with what I say or post. I happen to value other peoples opinions.

As it happens, I know of a source that has been dead on with TAR and Survivor for several seasons. I didn't want responsibility for posting the source's info, and I'm glad that it is going to other people. That source has been 100% accurate with any boot info that I've ever seen coming from it. So I have little doubt that this is correct ... IF MBR is referring to that source (and I think MBR is, for reasons that I prefer not to list).

Oh, and I do ban people who I think are too obnoxious (I wonder if MBR is referring to me?). In particular, I hate people who use sources and then claim credit for the source's info as their own ideas (this was going on recently on The Apprentice board -- there is a complete list of boots on another site that has proven to be accurate, but a poster recently came in and tried to claim the list as his own. Uh, no.). You'll notice that MBR DOES NOT do that.

05-03-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler"
AyaK---are you actually MBR? Is that your alias on another board?

I smell a conspiracy!!!!

05-03-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
42. "No"
The world of Survivor spoiling used to be pretty small when I was an active part of it. I had at least some dealings with many spoilers from other boards.

In answer to your question: I am not MBR. I'm not snarky enough.

As far as I know, MBR does not post on this board, and I haven't posted on Sucks for at least two years.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler"
If this is true I will pee my pants! I am all giddy about tonight now!

THANKS AYAK!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler"
Oops! Guess he got a bum source. I couldn't be happier! Wooo!

fairyprincess 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-04-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fairyprincess Click to send private message to fairyprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler"
Yeah, so much for this EXTREMELY RELIABLE source. I love when spoilers are wrong. It makes the show much more fun to watch.

FLORIDAGAL 51 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: The MadBananaRush spoiler"
Go ROMBER!!!! I was so nervous that they were going to be philiminated last night based on the spoilers!!!!! I am excited they made the final three!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •