The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-10-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
Note to readers/fans/stalkers: This is my weekly Diva rant, similar to the popular and critically praised 'Gay Survivor Journal.' It is an exclusive to the RealityTVWorld American Idol board.
Please note that my opinions are based solely on image, style and originality, not on voice. Some of the biggest selling recording artists of all time couldn't sing for crap. A short list of Stars with marginal vocal talent would include: Cher, Bette Midler, Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue... the list goes on and on. What they had was Star Quality... so what I am looking for is a DIVA (male or female) with that X-factor.

This Week's Diva Rankings

1. Kimberley Caldwell
Diva of the Week.
For the third week in a row, Kimberley earns the DOW title. In fact, in my not-so-humble opinion, this was her best week yet. In a nod to her “Robin Hood” theme song, girlfriend played Maid Marian fabulously in a classy, floor-length, leaf-patterned multi-hued green silk dress. Her beaded moss-green choker was trendy and yet timeless, and her silky straightened blonde locks, loosely pulled behind her ears with a barrette, delicately framed her gorgeous face. Kimberley has mastered the use of stage makeup as well, with carefully-placed pearl white highlight serving to widen and brighten her eyes.

Some critics knock her for being too slick and packaged, which I simply can’t fathom. How could a Diva be too slick and packaged? That’s like being too rich or too thin… it’s simply impossible! In terms of Diva-tude, this girl is the ‘one to beat.’ (Take that, Simon!)

2. Trenyce
Runner Up Diva of the Week.
My homegirl is back! Looking abso-freaking-lutely diva-fierce in an asymmetrical, belly baring beige blouse, which was shirred quite nicely to help round out her ultra-lean figure. (It admittedly resembled a drawstring window shade, but hell, if they look this good, she can wear window shades every week for all I care!) Her calf-length low-rise black cotton skirt was urban funky (without being too hooch-like) and her spiky boots rounded out the look perfectly.

My only quibble with Ms. Trenyce this Tuesday was with her hair, which, for my taste, is getting a little too Marlo Thomas flippy. (She looked much better in that sleek bob on Wednesday night.)

3. Kimberly Locke
In a huge leap this week, Kimberly moves from seventh to third. Perhaps she’s been reading my column? I could not have made a better choice for her if I picked it out myself. Heavy-set women should use this as a ‘what to wear’ primer! Her sleek, straight hair provided vertical diversion, making her otherwise-round face appear thinner and longer. The black jacket was carefully fitted, and the vertical pinstripes continued the lengthening effect. Finally, the tailored, solid black pants kept the attention away from the lower ‘problem’ portion of her body.

4. Ruben Studdard
Was this a good week, or what? (Well, fashion-wise, anyway!) Ruben, who also appears to be reading my column, finally ditched the tent-like 205 jerseys, in favor of a dope black leather jacket and matching cap. Black wool slacks and an oversized gray rayon T-shirt rounded out the look perfectly. Sure, he’s still as big as a house, and dumb as a box of rocks, but at least this week he was easier on the eye! Congrats, Ruben, on your first glowing (albeit backhanded) GIJ review!

5. Clay Aiken
No two ways about it, Clay was simply dull as toast on Tuesday, in an olive and white striped shirt with black slacks. I can’t really criticize the look… but a Diva needs to take risks, and to stand apart from the crowd. Clay seems to be (like the Chess Club Geek that he is) just trying to blend in to the masses.

There is still time to wow us, Clay… I dare you to be yourself. We love lanky, Dumbo-eared, vowel-chewing, spiky-haired, lazy-eyed Clay! Don’t long for ‘normal’ness! Embrace your nerdity!

(By the way, I would have reviewed Clay better on Wednesday, when he shined in a purple rayon shirt and matching lip-gloss. Talk about standing apart from the crowd! You go girl!)

6. Carmen Rasmusen
How quickly they fall! Previously-fabulous Carmen tumbles from second to sixth this week, in a wannabe-bad girl outfit which suited her about as well as her wretched song choice. The perky, ¾ sleeve denim jacket was waaay too fitted and carefully-distressed to harden her image at all, and the straight, knee-length, cotton camouflage skirt was simply wrong, wrong, wrong. (I hadn’t previously noticed how knobby and pale Carmen’s knees are.)

Worst of all, Carmen sported little chunky boots with bunched ankle socks, in a style as outdated as her song (though perhaps still chic in rural Utah.)

7. Ricky Smith
It was a mixed week for Ricky, fashion-wise. His tan knit hat, as Simon pointed out, was dreadful, and his glowing white T-shirt drew the eye to his protruding belly. His dark jeans, however, were a slimming choice, and his buttery taupe leather jacket was actually quite nice. (Good God… I’m complimenting Ricky… has hell frozen over?)

Still, all things considered, I’m glad to see this ear-splitting, underbite-sporting, Hercules-chanting, fake-afro-wearing, stage-presence-challenged dork finally get the mercy boot! Good riddance!

8. Joshua Gracin
Someone needs to be shot for putting this pudgy Marine in white week after week. Clearly, Josh’s stylist has not been reading my column! He quite honestly looked like the side of a barn in an oversized creamy-white dress shirt worn over an unflatteringly ill-fitted white T-shirt. His baggy yellowed distressed jeans were fashionable, no doubt, but would be better suited on one with longer legs or a narrower hip. The yellow areas only served to draw attention to his unfortunate thunder-thighs.

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our wannabe-Idols. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned ass.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary about Survivor, American Idol, and Amazing Race. Also, if you dare, please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... katem 04-10-03 1
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... Connie E 04-11-03 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... dajaki 04-10-03 2
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... drawde236 04-10-03 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... GeorgiaBelle 04-11-03 4
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... lilgypsy 04-11-03 5
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... TODDLJ 04-11-03 7
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... Schnookie Palookie 04-11-03 8
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... anitatucker01 04-11-03 9
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... minitroll 04-14-03 10
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #... L82LIFE 04-15-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-10-03, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-03 AT 08:26 PM (EST)

To take a word from your lexicon Larry, you were FIERCE this week. "Thunder-Thighs"? ROFLMAO !!!!!

One thing though, could you start commenting on the judges and on Ryan as well? How about something on Kelly's appearance? I HATED HER HAIR AND OUTFIT last night.

Loved the column, as usual

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
Yes, yes, PLEEEAAASSSEEEE, Larry....I'm thinking like Katem. Would love to hear your comments on "da dawg" and his refined sense of fashion! Thanks again to our very own Mr. Blackwell!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-10-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
Isn't it exhausting to be right all the time? You're wonderful, Larry!

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-10-03, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
Brilliant as usual (bowing).

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-11-03, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
One word ~~~~ EXCELLENT!!!!!

Larry, wonderful work! As always I love to read your writings.

<< Knows she wants Larry on her next shopping spree

lilgypsy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lilgypsy Click to send private message to lilgypsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
I love reading this every week......

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-03, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
Thanks, katem, ConnieE, dajaki, drawde236, GeorgiaBelle, and lilgypsy.

In the future, I'll try mention the judges and Ryan when appropriate. To be honest, though, they are such a train-wreck, they would need their own column!

-Larry Todd Johnson

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
"We love lanky, Dumbo-eared, vowel-chewing, spiky-haired, lazy-eyed Clay! Don’t long for ‘normal’ness! Embrace your nerdity!"

LOL. Fantastic stuff Larry! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

anitatucker01 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-11-03, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anitatucker01 Click to send private message to anitatucker01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
again, you have outdone yourself Larry....FABULOUS!!!
I couldn't help but to think, after seeing Kimberley Caldwells eyebrows and Ruebens snazzy new outfit, that they must be reading your column...
Clays shirt and matching lipgloss...what a pair

Until next week....

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
(By the way, I would have reviewed Clay better on Wednesday, when he shined in a purple rayon shirt and matching lip-gloss. Talk about standing apart from the crowd! You go girl!)

I'm going to have to pay more attention to the results show Larry, I didn't even notice that Clay was wearing this stunning combination. Thanks for another wonderful edition of the Gay Idol Journal! I loved it.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-03, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - 'Billboard #1 Hits'"
Bravo!!! Another dead-on journal, Larry. You are the master, truly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •