The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"season premier"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

ilovedh85 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-28-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ilovedh85 Click to send private message to ilovedh85 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"season premier"
What did you all think about the season premier? I don't have any favorites so far but I can say I am glad the runway model from LA,Dannuksa or whatever her name was, is gone. Anyone have any predictions about this season..let's hope there is a couple at the end of the show unlike last time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: season premier cambo 03-29-05 1
 RE: season premier volsfan 03-29-05 2
 Lamest.Bachelor.Evah. mrc 03-29-05 3
   RE: Lamest.Bachelor.Evah. yankee fan 03-29-05 25
 RE: season premier bududaddy 03-29-05 4
   RE: season premier Loree 04-01-05 33
 RE: season premier woiwod 03-29-05 5
 RE: season premier Poncho 03-29-05 6
   RE: season premier Flowerpower 03-29-05 7
       RE: season premier Poncho 03-29-05 8
       RE: Holy whore fest ohboy 03-29-05 9
   RE: season premier cambo 03-29-05 24
 RE: season premier frisky 03-29-05 10
   RE: season premier ohboy 03-29-05 11
       RE: season premier frisky 03-29-05 13
 RE: season premier djandy 03-29-05 12
   RE: season premier frisky 03-29-05 14
       RE: season premier TDeniseS 03-29-05 19
 RE: season premier SilverStar 03-29-05 15
   RE: season premier frisky 03-29-05 16
       RE: season premier SilverStar 03-29-05 18
   RE: season premier freakusmaximus 03-29-05 26
 RE: season premier Rockytop Chick 03-29-05 17
   RE: season premier LeftPinky 03-29-05 20
 Brilliant! Femme 03-29-05 21
   RE: Brilliant! ohboy 03-29-05 22
       RE: Brilliant! Pensha26 03-29-05 27
   RE: Brilliant! Spidey 03-29-05 23
       RE: Brilliant! imeldawannabe 03-29-05 28
           RE: Brilliant! Spidey 03-29-05 29
               RE: Brilliant! Purrl 03-29-05 30
 RE: season premier thisistooreal 03-30-05 31
 RE: season premier mirandasmom 03-30-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-05, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: season premier"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 03:06 AM (EST)

The problem I have is that a lot of the women are out to 'win' like it's a tennis match. A lot of the contestants forget that it's about finding love/companionship and not simply beating out the other women. Case in point is the woman who changes her hair color in the next episode to impress Charlie.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: season premier"
I only watched because of Charlie...he is a cutie

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Lamest.Bachelor.Evah."
Charlie has rocks for brains.

The girls are, for the most part, skanky and unattractive.

The lack of structure ("no rules!") makes this show irrelevant, even for reality TV.

That sound you hear is ABC flushing its best *shudder* reality series down the loo.

That is all.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

yankee fan 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yankee%20fan Click to send private message to yankee%20fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Lamest.Bachelor.Evah."
I ABSOLUTELY second that!
Everything you said, accurate!
All I can say about Charlie is "Duh".
And those women!
Any man out there who thinks women are just dumb and pretty must be digging this show!
If this is the way ABC wants to portray women, falling all over themselves to catch the attention of a guy who had trouble forming complete sentences, well, I just don't know what to say!
Sets "women's lib" back a mile!
These women were "CATTY", to say the least.
I was actually embarrassed as I was watching!
When my husband walked in the room, I changed the channel!
I guess as far as entertainment goes, this ranks up there with a comedy! It did make me laugh a little!
I vote for going back to the old setting and rules, this episode made me dizzy!
I am ashamed that I watched it....guilty pleasure!!!!

bududaddy 27 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bududaddy Click to send private message to bududaddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: season premier"
I thought it was awful. Charlie acts like a total dufus and most of the girls seem pretty vacant and sleezy. It's looking like it's going to be an extended version of elimidate. At least they're not pretending it's a quest for true love anymore. Blech. I'll still watch.... hey, I like elimidate!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: season premier"
Four of us sat and watched this together. It did give us alot of laughs. But I don't think that is what ABC is going for. But Charlie did come off as a doofus. Why would these women want him? This show is really going down... down... down...

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: season premier"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 08:43 AM (EST)

>I agree that Charlie is certainly not my cup of tea. Seems like he just wants to get laid. I was disappointed that Geitan came back, but I suppose it was because she felt she should go along with the rules and get eliminated the right way. Seems like she has more morals than most of the rest.
I predict that he has a hot and steamy romance with Sarah W but dumps her after he has bedded her.He obviously really likes blonds, to bad thatAnitra is dark I was really impressed with her.>To bad he is so hung up on blonds.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-29-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: season premier"
I actually liked the show last night. It is different but I thought Charlie was funny with alot of his comments. My favorite was 'I am not sure about a relationship with a cheerleader but for right now RA RA!!!' bwhahahaha

Poncho

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: season premier"
I most definately thought that these were the most unattractive and skanky girls that the producers have ever come up with for a show. With these women, I felt SORRY for Charlie. He is left to get to know these snakes for the remainder of the season. Did you see his face during the bit*hing that went on during the rose ceremony? He is SO regretting this move. There is no way that he will find true love in this bunch. These women could care less about him, they are all just there to win and beat each other.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: season premier"
They were skanky and immature for sure. I did like one of the dark haired girls that he gave a rose to on one of the dates but I can't remember her name.

Poncho

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Holy whore fest"
I can't believe these girls showing their bras stripping to a bikinni. And him - he apparently is just in it to make out with as many woman as possible . Hope it works out for him.

I can not beleive the lengths these woman will go to, and I garauntee it's just going to get worse.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: season premier"
>I actually liked the show last
>night. It is different
>but I thought Charlie was
>funny with alot of his
>comments. My favorite was
>'I am not sure about
>a relationship with a cheerleader
>but for right now RA
>RA!!!' bwhahahaha
>
>Poncho
>

it cracks me up that she refers to herself as a retired cheerleader. isn't cheerleading a part-time gig?

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: season premier"
These skanks are so ugly on the inside. That one self-proclaimed b!tch sitting on the couch during the rose ceremony? I could have kicked her a$$. I don't care how hot you look. If you act like a ho and have no self-respect and no kindness or warmth, what's left?

Geitan was way out of her element. I felt for her at the bar when the other chicks were writhing with Charlie. I do think that she was talked into coming back, just to create some drama at the rose ceremony.

The world is my litterbox.

03-29-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: season premier"
i agree definitely talked into coming back to create more drama. She should have just left and not looked back, and by the way think she was so totally lying about her age, she made the slip up on the couch, if it had been 20 years ago and then quickly changed to ten she is 40 if she is a day. And then at first they had her at 32 then when she was leaving they had her at 30. I thought that part was funny.

He is in for the hooch and nothing more.

03-29-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: season premier"
I agree with you on the age. She reminded me of Emma Thompson.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-29-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: season premier"
I refuse to watch the whole season after the farce it's proven to be and the Jen debacle. I did watch for a few minutes during "24's" commercials, and Charlie just oozed slime and the girls just oozed sleaze. I'm glad I won't be wasting any more time on this dreadful series.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

03-29-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
14. "RE: season premier"
I swore I wouldn't watch this after the Jen thing, but there wasn't anything else on.

*sigh*

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: season premier"
>I swore I wouldn't watch this
>after the Jen thing, but
>there wasn't anything else on.
>

Me too! But with nothing else on, I watched a bit of the show and found it pretty amusing! Charlie is no prize and the skanks and hos he has to choose from are even worse..... geez this one lets you know up-front...there will be no happily ever after ....just skanks forever! I will start watching the lifetime movies on Mondays.

I am still disgusted with Jen....now she's all over the magazines with her new "beau".... her so-called "boss."

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: season premier"
I liked it. The main thing that I look for when watching a reality show is: did it entertain me? The answer is yes. I laughed watching Charlie be a complete and utter doofus. I shook my head in disbelief and chuckled at the skankiness of (most of) the girls. I laughed at the pathetic begging for roses on the dates. I was entertained. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about how the show is no longer about finding true love. IMO, it never was-- just look at how all the relationships have turned out. I have watched the show since the beginning and I will continue to do so.

As for the girls... I'll head over to the Meet the Bachelorettes thread and share my opinions there.

Syren? she awesome.

03-29-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
16. "RE: season premier"
*snort*

Don't tell that sensitive brunette that it's not about finding true love!

Poor lil thing was soooo in love with Charlie, and just wanted to be in his heart. He was, after all, in her heart, and her heart wanted to be in his heart. Oh, if only he could have had her heart the way she had his heart!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: season premier"
Oh, believe me Friskers- I would never tell her that. Especially not to her face. You never know what type of sharp metal object she's hiding in her pantleg. Something tells me that she is now picturing said object plunging into Charlies heart. And since his heart is her heart, she is stabbing her heart too. The words of love written on her heart are becoming bloody heart messes. *giggle*

Syren? she awesome.
Oh yes, she'll cut ya.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: season premier"
I agree with you silverstar, I liked it. Charlie was goofy and funny but seemed like a nice guy. some of the girls were over the top but that is what makes the show fun to watch. I like the new format- its more real. the old format was getting too boring.

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: season premier"
It's like they said "Bachelor 6 worked so well with the more mature 30 something women, let's go back to the formula that never worked and bring in another house full of brain dead skanks!!! "

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-29-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: season premier"
Yep, Bach 6 worked, but it was boring. They wanted to attract the skanky audience. Well, it worked. I won't watch again. YUCK!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-29-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Brilliant!"
It was hysterical, and I loved it.

I cannot stand first-meeting I-love-yous and I-think-my-partner-in-life-must-be-here sentiments, so I for one am glad for the much more realistic way he is getting to know these girls.

I thought the first girl he let go, Kristina or whatever, was stunning, and his blonde-bias seems a little obvious, but I really do like the girls he kept around. I like that he admired their determination, in some cases, and their not-your-typically-cast-female attributes in other cases.

I also cannot stand pretty boys, so I think this is the first time that I have been genuinely attracted to the Bachelor.

He's a total moron, and a nerd, and that only adds to the appeal for me. My god, a monkey contest? A dance off? This is going to, at the very least, be a supremely interesting season.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

03-29-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Brilliant!"
I am going to have to agree with that, it really can't get anymore cheesy. And that should be interesting. I will watch but I will also judge (mind you I think that is why I watch). I think for sure the girls are skanks, and I wouldn't be surprised if we had an all out catfight especially in the bedroom they have going on.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Brilliant!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

cheesy!!!

I think this is why I liked the episode so much.

At least I am going into this season without any pressure of seeing a proposal or an egagement in the last episode. This should be fun and a different format is what the doctor order to revive this failing series.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Brilliant!"
100% agree with Femme.

I think I am actually going to enjoy this season. Charie was so very entertaining. And the women were so evil and/or vapid it was hilarious.

This? is entertainment. ABC finally got it right.

imeldawannabe 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imeldawannabe Click to send private message to imeldawannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Brilliant!"
I had given up watching the Bachelor and Bachelorette after Bob and then Meredith. They were always choosing the wrong people, I swore I would never watch again.
This might be fun, at least we know this is not about finding true love but winning the game!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Brilliant!"
Exactly. You just need the right frame of mind when watching the show. Pure entertainment and schadenfreude with no monetary or other valuable prize at the end for the "winner." How does it get better than this?

It's like an unintentional Joe Schmoe, in that what the viewer gets is so not what the contestants thought they were participating in.

Purrl 48 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Purrl Click to send private message to Purrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Brilliant!"
I didn't see the very beginning. I intended to watch my new fav show Medium, but I was flipping through the channels to check on something else and landed on The Bachelor Premier. Charlie was dancing with some blonde cheerleader/football dancer, and he was dancing like a 12 year old boy would, so I was caught like a deer in the headlights.

Then along came Kristine the Bikini Model/undercover agent with the FBI (or some government entity...most likely the MIB). She was just too bizarre! Secret agent hat and all. He said he felt a little uncomfortable with her. Well you should buddy because I think this schizoid could become your worst nightmare! When she was giving him those long, close hugs, I think she was really looking for tracking devices or a soft spot to hide her dagger. And her big emotional, teary Goodbye Charlie! Charlie and company needs to check the locks on the doors and windows before they bed down for the night. Watch out for sabotoged hot rollers, curling irons, perma-stain toothpaste and face cream or a faux tan towels that make you smelll like a skunk for a month.

At the ‘8 on a date’ at the bar: Little Pink Pig-tails, (a.k.a the labor/delivery nurse Sarah B.), was partying hearty, kicking back the drinks, doing her little "bootie dance", touching Goodtime Charlie as much as she could and being all smiles, everything is cool, and ‘up for anything’. I saw the way she acted and heard what she said and I thought SKANK. "Ah like to party! Aah had a goood time! I'm gonna get me on of them thar roses. He li-eye-ked my bootie dance all over him." (not verbatim, but it that's what it sounded like to me). I looked at the ABC Bachelor’s website to get the girls names, and while there read their bios. The Pink Pixie Pig-tail’s said: "My greatest achievement to date: I have developed my independence, I'm self-sufficient, and I've found my relationship with Christ." Interesting to say the least after how she behaved and things that she said. Somehow I can't picture her holding daily devotionals at 8:00 a.m. each morning for the ladies and Charlie.

Megan. Isn't she the one that is going to go blonde next week? She seems awful desperate to me. She looks like she was begging and pleading for her life when he gave her a rose. And didn't she know that she was being set up by the girls back at the house to strike out on her own to find the 'date'? They were counting on it going the other way for her I'm sure.

Danushka: I found what she said on her group date amusing! No, I really liked it. The comment about Charlie must like girls with big boobs and how she could have big 'uns if she wanted to, like a lot of the girls there and in the modeling profession. She could just buy a set like they did. LOL!

Which one was the long-haired Bi-atch that sat on the sofa, already flaunting a rose, at the rose ceremony? I missed whatever she did at the bar. Must have happened when I went into the kitchen. Something about a body shot???? Is that Krisily? (and I agree with other posters…what is up with these made up, home-made names?!) Krisily Brisily. Brisily Krisily.

I have a feeling that there are going to be some cat fights and drama queens galore in this Bachelor. Let the scratching and hissing begin!

thisistooreal 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thisistooreal Click to send private message to thisistooreal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: season premier"
Is it me or does anyone else think Charlie is a dog in every sense of the word? And on his way to becoming a drunk? He just wants to have fun? What is Chuckie's definition of fun, anyway? Truth be told, I don't think he could find love (not mature enough), I don't think he's looking for love (reminds me of an eighteen year old trying for his first score) , and I don't think any of the girls are except for the head case who didn't get a rose and left crying. And what's with the rush to get the number of girls cut in half by the end of the first episode before he has a chance to hang out with them one on one? Did the network realize they have a dog on their hands and are rushing this one through? And ladies, is he really a good kisser? I thought the lady who walked out of the bar was one of the more attractive women, probably old enough to be his mom, and a bit of a fibber regarding the "this isn't my kind of scene." I think she meant to say, "I would do this if I were the only woman and there are five guys fighting over me." I give it 2 stars out of 5, and I won't be watching it again.

mirandasmom 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirandasmom Click to send private message to mirandasmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: season premier"
Does anyone else think that ABC used Nair on an orangutan, taught him a 30-word vocabulary and how to walk upright, and presto, instant Bachelor? Why on earth would they choose a guy like that? How on earth can any of those attractive women be interested in him?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •