The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Carnivale - HBO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-30-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Carnivale - HBO"
If anyone else here is watching, please join in. I love this show, its only on episode 3 (but they repeat alot and next week will show the pilot again). There is a msgbd on hbo, but the format is difficult to follow. I just found this non-reality forum, as i've been (too) involved with PHo.

The premise of this show is a supernatural battle between good vs. evil, set in the Depression. There are 2 story lines (one Carnival, one Ministry) that will later converge. The show is very mysterious and unravels more info each episode, and leaves you with more questions. It's a cross between Twin Peaks, The Stand, The Grapes of Wrath & that preacher movie with Robert Duvall. It has some religious references and themes, but in some ways is irreverant (or at least, shows how some people believe too much and some are too cynical). I think it's pretty unbiased, but some people might be offended, I don't know.

Anyway, I'd like to have some posts discussing specific topics or speculations about what things could mean and for characters. I will try to label spoilers. The hbo site also has good character bios with some info that's not given in the show, yet.

Hope you'll join in.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Carnivale - HBO sorgee 10-01-03 1
   RE: Carnivale - HBO EnglProf 10-01-03 2
       Rumored Spoiler about Ben Angelfood 10-02-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-01-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Carnivale - HBO"
we have been watching it. i think it is great so far. i have tivo set to capture them all.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-01-03, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Carnivale - HBO"
I haven't seen the third episode yet, but TV guide online just did an interview with one of the women on the show. It included spoiler info (nothing too startling, but a discussion of the romantic relationship between Nick Stahl and another character.) Maybe that relationship was developed in this past episode, because it doesn't seem like HBO shows to reveal upcoming plot lines. I just thought it was weird that the interview was online before the episode aired-- if that's even the ep that develops the romance. Anyway-- can't wait to see where it's all going

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-02-03, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Rumored Spoiler about Ben"
actually, i was surprised with how much the hbo site gives away, esp. background stuff.
It helped, cause i couldn't quite figure the deal with sophie and jonesy and it explains some.
Anyway,
ben's love life
I heard already that he has a romance with Barbeau (the snake charmer/ mother of strongman) and maybe one with Libby too.

Anyone - feel free to do spoilers, just include that word in your title please. Great!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •