The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amber is now the swing vote!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

namssa 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail namssa Click to send private message to namssa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amber is now the swing vote!"
Everyone thinks that Amber in in trouble. But if she plays it right she is now in the best position. She is the swing vote. If I were her I would do the following. Knowing that there is a 3-3 vote with her as the tie-breaker. I would vote with her tribe one more time voting off Nick. Then surprise everyone and vote with Liz and Rog to vote off Colby (he loses tiebreaker with 5 previous votes against him). Now it is 2-2 and she still is the tie-breaking vote. She can vote off Keith and Lisa and be in the final 3 or vote off Rog and Liz. Either way she holds all the cards right now. Colby blew it. He was guaranteed final 3 if he played the safe bet and voted off but the hatred of Jerri was just too strong. Things are now getting interesting.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amber is now the swing vote! SurvivorBlows 03-30-01 1
   RE: Amber is now the swing vote! namssa 03-30-01 2
   RE: Amber is now the swing vote! TinawillWin 03-30-01 9
       Colby voted for Jerri sleeeve 03-30-01 10
 Dumb move by Cowboy makes Amber str... StratPlayer 03-30-01 3
 RE: Amber is now the swing vote! SurvivinDawg 03-30-01 4
 amber is not going to be a swing vo... blehargh 03-30-01 5
 RE: Amber is now the swing vote! Riviere76 03-30-01 6
   RE: Amber is now the swing vote! Loree 03-30-01 7
   RE: Amber is now the swing vote! Remy617 03-30-01 8
       Amber DivaByTheSea 03-30-01 11
           RE: Amber Remy617 03-30-01 12
           RE: Amber TinawillWin 03-30-01 13
       RE: Amber is now the swing vote! frogspit 03-30-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
I like your thoughts re: Amber's next moves, but I'm not sure she's playing the game well enough to figure this out.

...re: Colby, after thinking about it, I'm now of the theory that Colby (and maybe Tina) basically knew that Keith was dead set at voting for Jerri tonight -- and knowing that she'd lose any 4-4 tiebreaker, Colby (and maybe Tina) went along with it figuring it was a better option to appear to remain aligned with Keith versus Amber.

namssa 24 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail namssa Click to send private message to namssa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
I agree with you on both counts. I don't know if Amber is smart enough to figure out her new power or not. Hopefully she does cuz she's quite a hottie and I enjoy watching her on screen. And I think you are right that Colby reluctantly voted for Jerri only to appear as keeping their alliance knowing that Keith was dead set on his vote. I think he feared more a backlash against him if he voted for Liz. Consindering his position it was probably a smart move.

TinawillWin 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TinawillWin Click to send private message to TinawillWin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
First of all: Nobody actually knows how Colby voted. The count to banish Jerri was 5 - 2. You know Keith and Tina was dead set on voting Jerri, however, you never saw the last vote. Colby could have voted off Liz. You don't know how he voted. As Jerri got the boot, the camera panned to Colby's shocked look on his face. I believe that Colby expected Tina and Keith to vote his way. If you ask me, Colby will be voted off after Nick. I expect Liz, Amber Tina and Keith to make the final four. Keith Tina and Amber will vote of Liz unless she could pull a Kelly and win the necklace. If the final 2 survivors are Tina and Keith. Tina will win.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Colby voted for Jerri"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

Check out the CBS website... Colby voted for Jerri, and he knew how the vote was gonna turn out.

We also know this because his vote was shown in the closing credits.

Also, Amber will figure this out, because she will know that if there had been another vote for Liz, it would have been read to heighten the suspense.

Finally, we know Colby knew the outcome, because as he cast his vote (seen in a video on the CBS site), he indicated that it was her time to go. (Hear that knock, it's housekeeping and it's checkout time)...

EDITED to correct spelling.

StratPlayer 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-30-01, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StratPlayer Click to send private message to StratPlayer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Dumb move by Cowboy makes Amber strong"
Colby has to win at least the next two IC or he is out.

The reason, as many have predicted here, is that Amber is going to jump over with N/R/L. All Amber has to say to ally with N/R/L is “who would you rather go up against, me or Colby?” Even if Amber is not able to articulate this herself, Liz will figure it out for her.

Colby had two allies on his side him with J/A. Now he has nobody. In the unlikely event Colby makes the final two, he will have two jury votes against him in Jerri and shopping buddy Alicia.

This “good guy “ thing Tina is supposedly promoting is going nowhere. To have good guys you have to have bad guys. With Jerri gone, there is no more bad guy. Tina might try to paint Amber as a bad guy by association but it won’t fly. It’s time for the strong to get picked off regardless of tribe and Colby is first on the list. If Colby wins the next IC, Keith is out.

I’m sticking with my “three babes and the old guy” theory. It’s a ratings/demographic spoiler.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 06:21 AM (EST)

Namssa, we are on exactly the same page about Colby, although I think more than Amber is going to be a swing vote there...

Edited to add: By the way, I don't think Colby "blew it." He didnt' have a choice. I think K/T made the decision and Colby argued against it but went along with them in the end. Now he gets to convince Amber to vote with the Ogies next time.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

blehargh 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blehargh Click to send private message to blehargh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "amber is not going to be a swing vote."
1) up until this point, amber hasn't cared about kucha at all becasue she thought they were going the way of the dodo.

2) do you think that liz and rodger will all of a sudden turn their backs on the people that just saved their asses? they are too moral for that.

3) assuming that they know colby voted against jerri, they know that tina and keith are together. well who else are they gonna vote for next TC? why amber.

so that's why amber stays with ogakor, and nick gets the boot.

Riviere76 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Riviere76 Click to send private message to Riviere76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
If Amber really plays her cards right she will stay Ogakor loyal and pick off the remaining Kuchas. Once she's in 4th place the Colby-Keith war can erupt and if she sides with Colby they've got a chance of booting Keith & Tina. Not sure Amber can hope for immunity, nor if C-K-T would boot Amber after using her to eliminate the Kuchas. Everyone knows the Keith & Tina bond is strong, Colby and Amber would both be smart to team up and break it. It's not impossible to do if the immunity fell the right way.. If Amber joins the Kucha to boot off the Ogakors, that still leaves her 4th place BUT she's an outsider, no way will the Lisa & Rodger bond break, she'd need immunity or some pact with Nick. I'm not sure Nick's bright enough to figure that out or if he'd stay Kucha loyal and boot Amber after they used her. Amber really does have a shot at the top 2, but only if she can team with Colby or Nick to split the 2 existing alliances. The dumbest thing she can do is play both sides. Colby's a big target but he's a strong player, I think he is Amber's best and most logical choice to win with. We all know who Jerri would vote for in the end! Amber could really steal this game..

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
If Amber starts bouncing around too much she will end up like Kelly did in the first one. She will lose the vote in the end. She can't make enemies. Nobody likes a player that they think stabbed people in the back by turning on them.

Jerri mentioned this morning on The Early Show about Tina having no right to talk about FAIR (picking partners). Jerri said Tina was the first one to stab her best bud Maddog in the back and she was the first to turn on their alliance. Jerri isn't feeling too fond about Tina and she kept saying that she (Jerri) gets to be on the jury now. I get the feeling Jerri got to vote against someone she really disliked in the final.

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

Actually in response to Riviere76's insightful post:

While I don't see Amber and Colby "siding" together, as in trying to shift voting, I do agree that Colby is cleary her "re-entry point" back into Ogawhore. It might make for good TV to see her trying to put the moves, to a limited extent on Colby, i.e., a little shoreline Backgammon, some suntanning, etc. Give her a day or two to lock that deal down and Colby can convince K/T she is back in the fold.

From there, it can easily play out as you have devised. Following your thoughts, I could possibly see a C/T/A final three with those booting Colby, to his surprise. The question remains, though, is Amber smart enough to play this many moves out in advance in her head? She sure didn't see the axe swinging for Jerri's head in time...

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Amber"
L/R K/T are too smart in my opinion to let Amber go too far. I think that they all realize that Nick is the next to go. Logically, they have to send Nick on in order to keep an oga-ho majority. If for some reason he gets IC again...then maybe Amber...but they still can't afford to lose that majority, so they'll then vote L or R. They know that Jerri will vote for Amber to win, should she make it to the final 2, and that J will influence the other jury on their off-camera time.

K/T and C will not let go of their upper hand. IMHO.

Diva

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Amber"
"They know that Jerri will vote for Amber to win, should
she make it to the final 2, and that J will influence the other jury on their off-camera time. "

OMG, Diva, you have just flipped open the top of "Pandora's Box" for me and it contains nothing but a can full of worms. I mean the possibility of Jerri's behind the scene influence had been lost on me, duh! I have been too busy hi-5'ing everyone I know who watches the show because of her demise, today. Now I have to worry about Jerri as if she were a cold-sore, never knowing when she will pop up again, only knowing it will be at an unfortunate time...

TinawillWin 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TinawillWin Click to send private message to TinawillWin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Amber"
Amber has to be thinking that the other reindeer didn't invite her to play in the game. Why didn't they? 'cause they know how close she was with Jerri. There is now going to be tension in Ogawhore. Amber isn't feeling the love. Liz could influence her over, hoever, I don't think she'll double cross Keith and Tina after they just saved her from the Lion's Den. I think Nick and Amber are the next two to go.

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-30-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Amber is now the swing vote!"
>While I don't see Amber and Colby "siding" together, as in
>trying to shift voting, I do agree that Colby is cleary her "re-entry >point" back into Ogawhore.

Hmmm... now where did I read just before the show started that Amber uses sex as a bargaining chip in the game? It might also explain why she is talking to NONE of the survivors now. LOL.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •