The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Liz next?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

babydoll 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babydoll Click to send private message to babydoll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Liz next?"
Is Liz next. At TC tonight Jeff P said " Elizabeth, your pretty stiff competition in the final 2. You've got to be feeling a bit nervous". He might have just said vote for Liz cause you can't beat her in the final 2. I have a big feeling because what he said she is next. Now she is seen as a very big threat. Just like when he was talking to Nick he dug Nick's grave too. Do you think that Stacy Lawsuit has any merit. I do now. Probst need to shut up and just read votes.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Liz next? frogspit 03-30-01 1
 RE: Is Liz next? SurvivinDawg 03-30-01 2
   RE: Is Liz next? Loree 03-30-01 3
       RE: Probst's probing Outfrontgirl 03-30-01 4
           RE: Probst's probing SurvivinDawg 03-30-01 5
               RE: Probst's probing desert_rhino 03-31-01 8
       RE: Is Liz next? Remy617 03-30-01 6
           RE: Stacey Stillman suit Outfrontgirl 03-31-01 7
 RE: Is Liz next? dangerkitty 03-31-01 9
   RE: Is Liz next? IceCat 03-31-01 10
       Icecat... dangerkitty 03-31-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-30-01, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Liz next?"
>Do you think that Stacy Lawsuit has any merit. I do now.

Of course, I do... but that's another story. Looks like MB, after his recap interlude, is now starting S2 - part 2 - Kucha Rises Again!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-01, 06:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Liz next?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 06:48 AM (EST)

The lawsuit has merit, but if JP is so good he can predict the future, I want to consult with him before making a few wagers in Las Vegas.....

Edited to add: I think we'll see a couple of Lis IC victories, and that will validate the spoiler by JP that Lis does well in the challenges.....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Liz next?"
Early on both Jeff and Alicia had stated they would have to get rid of Liz because she was too sweet and likeable and they could never beat her in a vote. It's surprising that Colby/Tina/Keith didn't think of that when they decided to keep Liz. Colby didn't really want to vote for Jerri. But he wanted to keep Liz around. Strange?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Probst's probing"
In Burnett's "Survivor," he describes his reasons for hiring Jeff P--to ask probing questions and stir people up, among other things. Probst has interest and background in psychology. In S1, Jeff was the "chief" of the island, so he's a part of the game for which people sign up? Part of his role is to force out into the open what everyone's thinking and put them in the hot seat as to how to field the question, like a good reporter going after a double-talking politician and forcing him/her to discuss the issues.

That's not what Stacey's suing over. Her issue has to do with advance knowledge (as opposed to speculation) of challenges or other aspects of the game getting revealed selectively to influence the way players vote. Anything said in TC is said to all, and it's a specific dynamic of the game to have this ritual portion where people speak out and confess if they're caught off guard.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Probst's probing"
If I understand the lawsuit (and we'll have to ask lawyer Nick for an opinion ) Stacey's most direct complaint was that the producers convinced or told contestants to vote a certain way, in other words, direct vote manipulation. Stacey was stunned when she was voted off, and believes the only way that could have happened was by the direct intervention of the producers.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-01, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Probst's probing"
Of course it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that she was a 20-something new lawyer with a chip the size of Rhode Island on her shoulder, and the annoying personality to match.

-- JV

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-30-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Liz next?"
"Colby didn't really want to vote for Jerri. But he wanted to
keep Liz around. Strange? "

Never underestimate the cute/nice girl factor, especially with a guy from the South, as the Colbster is.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-01, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Stacey Stillman suit"
S. Dawg and any one else interested: Stacey's actual Complaint is posted on the net and makes good reading once you get past the preliminary allegations. One needn't be a lawyer to read it and understand what the case is about. (Although I've had some legal training and am familiar with how a Complaint is set forth, I think the primary story is told in unusually plain English, as if aiming at a general audience.)

I read it a few weeks ago and this is not a thorough summary, but these are the main details I recall:

She alleges:
Burnett spoke to Sean and Dirk apart from the other castaways after they had announced their intention to vote with Stacey against Rudy, who would have been the third "elder" in a row to get booted.

Burnett told them that (ex-Seal) Rudy had the strengths the Tagi tribe needed to win the upcoming physically demanding Immunity Challenges. Stacey claims this was done to keep the last older person--prevent the show from seeming ageist and alienating a major audience demographic.

Dirk and Sean did change their votes to Stacy, who was booted. Stacey says that she was not given a fair chance (the chance she understood to be part of the game when she signed up) to build the alliances and relationships necessary to win, because her teammates were basically told she didn't have what it took to help their team win.
Since Richard had targeted Stacey from the first, I don't think she stood any chance to get far, but that doesn't affect whether her allegations about unfair influence have a basis in truth or merit.
As far as S2 goes: Jeff Varner said Burnett came and told them they could do the IC without Mike, but that it involved swimming and Rodger would have to compete, and then gave them the choice.
Again, a situation where he's giving them free will but also some information about the nature of a challenge. In a truly fair game, I think their decision should have been made blind. In fact, the board here was pretty certain the cancelled IC was the obstacle course we just saw used for Reward, and it did not involve swimming. Again, it was in MB's interest for good TV that the merged tribe start out 5-5 rather than 5-4, and that's what he got.
Not trying to defame Burnett, only making observations.
Supposedly, Dirk wrote all about it in a disgruntled letter to CBS after he was the next bootee, which forms key evidence in her suit.

It'll probably never come to trial. Too expensive to litigate.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-01, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Liz next?"
This just in from HUGESPOILERMUSTREAD.com:

In a stunning act of self-sacficie, Liz offers to leave the game in exchange for the tribe receiving more rice. "I've got a heart-shaped rock and a piece of coral. What's a million dollars compared to that?" she is quoted as saying. "Besides, I know that you like me, you really really like me!"

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Liz next?"
Yeah...

...and she got the lead in that upcoming re-make of 'The Flying Nun'

IceCat

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-01, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Icecat..."
I'm so glad you responded to this. You inspired me!

dk

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •