The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Finale Press Release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-05, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Finale Press Release"

I found a CBS Press Release over at:

The Futon Critic ~ scroll down to May 10, this is what it says.

Tuesday, May 10 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT)
THE AMAZING RACE 7 FINALE -- And then there were three. The final three teams race to the finish line during a special two-hour finale. Phil Keoghan hosts.

It seems TAR really is trying to mix it up on us with their twists!

If there are three teams in the finale, then the last non-elim will be during the first hour. Given RaceyGirl's Pictures Thread we must have U/J being the last ones saved by a non-elim. We also have seen (and are 95% sure) that Ron is there as well.

This will be quite a finish! Take the Betting Spoiler for TAR 7 and you have the ultimate comeback on the final leg!

Add this to the speculation that U/J shave their heads during the FF in Episode 9 and we have one of the best.finishes.ever.

I can pretty much bet the weakest team (M/G) will be out next. The biggest question? Will the other eliminated team be L/A or Romber? I've had a gut feeling that Romber comes in 4th from the start of this season. Earlier on we had someone spotting a 2 male team in NYC looking for directions to Washington Square Park. Was this a fluke? a decoy? or was it Lynn & Alex?

I also believe AyaK was right about the Remaining Schedule of elims vs. non-elims.

What do you think? Are there things I'm overlooking or any info I forgot to mention?

Mods: If this doesn't deserve it's own thread or if you don't feel The Futon Critic is a reliable source, please lock it.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Finale Press Release volsfan 04-17-05 1
   RE: CBS Finale Press Release ARnutz 04-17-05 2
 RE: CBS Finale Press Release KLinDC 04-17-05 3
   RE: CBS Finale Press Release Bebo 04-17-05 4
       RE: CBS Finale Press Release FFantasyFX 04-17-05 5
           RE: CBS Finale Press Release Gingerman28 04-17-05 6
           RE: CBS Finale Press Release KLinDC 04-18-05 9
   RE: CBS Finale Press Release nailbone 04-18-05 10
 Uchenna/Joyce will have an advantag... KObrien_fan 04-18-05 7
   RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an adva... GameOver3 04-18-05 8
       RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an adva... ARnutz 04-18-05 11
           RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an adva... Flairmarq 04-19-05 12
               RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an adva... ARnutz 04-19-05 13
 We can definitely... ARnutz 04-20-05 14
 RE: CBS Finale Press Release ARnutz 05-03-05 15
   RE: CBS Finale Press Release pmspml5 05-03-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
Nutz, I agree with you on most everything. The only thing that bothers me is the edit that Lynn/Alex has gotten this season. I would have to say that L/A out lasting Romber would be some what of a surprise since they have been edited as to their obsession of Romber being their downfall.

Don't you think?

04-17-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
I know! That's the biggest question! We don't know for sure who the third team in the finale will be.

Romber are very strong racers, so it could be that they are the third team racing at the end, but maybe they are setting up Lynn/Alex for some sort of redemption?

I don't think we've had anything confirmed about NYC at all yet, so that whole thing could've been a fluke. It was originally speculated that this all male team was Brian/Greg anyway, so who knows.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-17-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
>Add this to the speculation that
>U/J shave their heads during
>the FF in Episode 9
>and we have one of
>the best.finishes.ever.

They have FF where the only thing the contestants have to do it shave their heads? That's pretty, uh, easy.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-05 AT 07:30 PM (EST)

Well, when the teams were given that option in a previous Race, they weren't willing to do it. Nicole and Brandon barely even debated before turning back.

Edited to change "the" to "a" - I had the wrong season in mind.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-17-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
They had to bring back the only Fast Forward any team has ever bailed on. This Fast Forward also convinces me that next Tuesday is an elimination episode - I don't think they would allow any team that lets its vanity get the better of them off easy again.

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-17-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
From the announcement today that TES would feature a TAR castoff on this Wednesday's show, and the announcement that the May 10 program will have three teams racing to the finish line, I now expect the following order for the upcoming shows:

April 19 - Seventh Elimination leaving FOUR teams

April 26 - NON ELIMINATION LEG

May 3 - Eighth and final Elimination leaving THREE teams

May 10 - The Final Three teams race through a double leg during the two-hour final to the FINISH LINE in Miami/New York/Atlanta (take your pick)

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
I guess it's understandable if a woman doesn't want to shave her head. Vain, but understandable. But if a man doesn't want to shave his head, well, he's just incredibly vain.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
They have FF where the only thing the contestants have to do it shave their heads?

Especially since Uchenna's already bald.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Uchenna/Joyce will have an advantage"
If it is true (and I believe it is) that U/J are the ones that finish last in the non-elimination leg, this could actually be an advantage for them. They no longer will have to carry their big backpacks and at that point racing for the finish, they won't have any need for them anyway. Sure they will have to get money somehow, but even that has never held up a team.

GameOver3 51 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GameOver3 Click to send private message to GameOver3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an advantage"
If they do have 3 teams in the finale, then I think it might go for the last few legs like someone else said a few posts up.

Elimination this week - 4 left
Non elim - 4 left
Elimination - 3 left
Double Leg to the finish line - 3 left

I love the double legs and it does help get rid of these non elimination legs. But then it doesn't fit in with those pictures of U/J and R/K at the aiport somewhere where they both have no bags.

The only logical choice for that is they were forced into checking those oversized bags into luggage again like when they went to S. Africa I believe, and R/K take the non elimination that is left following the schedule above.

It would be an interesting story at the end. U/J shave their heads to win the FF this week, then lose their baggage the very next week or the last episode is 2 legs and they end up coming in last and then lose their bags. They beg and get the money needed and come from behind to win, great ending.

I just hope M/G stick around and win

04-18-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an advantage"
But then it doesn't fit in with those pictures of U/J and R/K at the aiport somewhere where they both have no bags.

Sure it fits (and this is what I think you were trying to explain). ~ This is just one possible scenario.

4/19: Ep. 9 (Leg 9) - elim

4/26: Ep. 10 (Leg 10) - non-elim ~ R/K saved - this gives them 2 legs to have some extra money to buy a small backpack.

5/3: Ep. 11 (Leg 11) - elim

5/10: Ep.12 (Legs 12/13) - non-elim/finish ~ U/J saved at the first hour pitstop and must sprint to the finish w/ no money or gear.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-19-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an advantage"
I thought we had established in the background spolier thread that Romber, R/K, and U/J were the ones in the final.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

04-19-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Uchenna/Joyce will have an advantage"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-05 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

That's just a theory and speculation, just like my post above is theory and speculation.

The background spoiler is not definite yet, we'll have to see how it plays out. If L/A or R/A are the next eliminated, then that theory is gone.

ETA: The 3 matching backgrounds are... U/J, R/A & L/A ~ not R/K!

We have also had photos of Ron in Puerto Rico, if those are true then the background photo spoiler is wrong. FYI: I'll believe it when I see it.

04-20-05, 07:51 AM (EST)
14. "We can definitely..."
rule out the all male team in NY thing now! Perhaps they don't even go to NY?

The teams would've had to be in NY on Dec. 19 and the city is really busy with holiday shoppers. I guess it would be hard for someone to not spot the teams.

We know they go through Miami. So where was the finish line? This is still the biggest question. NY is a possibilty.

05-03-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
Guess I was wrong about Meredith & Gretchen being out next as Lynn & Alex were the ones to go.

I thought I'd bring this thread back to page 1 for more speculation since we have only one more week to go.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CBS Finale Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

Let me just add that if its true that U/J are last place in the last non-elim, then they are passed by at least 1 team and more likely 2 teams in the first part of the leg. They are shown helping M/G this week - maybe next week - they regret it as they are passed by them. There is a reason we are being shown the fact that U/J help M/G - it could have been edited out.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •