The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol - Summer Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-27-04, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol - Summer Week"
I guess we needed to get something summery this week?!?! I just came back from holidays and it rained the whole time except the last day but the ground was still very wet. Came home and it looks like not a single farmer will be able to get into the fields to harvest (using the term lightly this year because it was so wet and cold that nothing is growing) because, again, the ground is too wet. So on my holidays, I still managed to snag CI but did not vote because to use the phone cost $0.25 for each call (so now you also know that text messaging is out for me too).

Is everybody getting excited about the end? How do you think our final 5 (and now 4) compares to the American counterparts? Did anybody else want to watch the Olympics (and admittedly, I am getting tired of them, too) while Gary Beals started singing in the results show? Who would you like to see win and in what order would you like to see the people go?

I, for one, think that our final 5 is much better than the AI3 F5 and even our CI1 F5. I think this might be the best F5 compared to the previous season of CI and the 3 previous AIs. (Sorry, I haven't seen any of the other idol shows so I can't form an opinion on them.)

The people in the bottom 2, this past week, were my bottom 2, as well. So I would like to see Jason gone next week because Shane went this week. Then I would like to see Jacob gone, then Theresa, which leaves us with Kalan as the Canadian Idol.

Three is the perfect number.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week qwertypie 08-28-04 1
   RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week strid333 08-28-04 2
 RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week SnowBunny 08-30-04 3
 RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week Loree 08-31-04 4
   RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week 712 09-02-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-04, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week"
It is a good group, but I think Jason should have been gone (I have never seen a more constipated looking singer and the "dancing" has scarred my retinas). Jacob I still don't get. Surprisingly, I found Gary Beals song to be OK, especially to the end. This is hard for me to type, because I INTENSELY DISLIKE THE MAN.
The product placements and the skits performed I think are worse than last year or AI (excluding the Subway commercial).

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Summer here has really sucked big time too.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-28-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week"
(I have never
>seen a more constipated looking
>singer and the "dancing" has
>scarred my retinas).

Totally agree. That has been one thing that has been bothering me from day one. Jason has always had his face look stretched and not relaxed. I'm sure if he relaxed his face, he would sound better. I know that if I try to stretch my face (like doing a grimace by pulling the sides of my mouth towards my ears), I sound different (even when just speaking).

Three is the perfect number.

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-30-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week"
As much as I liked Billy for his energy, etc, the final four/five last year really looked like amateur hour ... even compared to what I have seen of the AI finalists, and especially compared to this year's CI group. Ryan Malcolm could not hold a candle to any of these people, if you ask me. And the judges appear to have the same reaction to this final four. I think what they most like about this group is their range of talent in songwriting and musical instruments aside from their singing. They recognize most of them as real artists. Although I have selectively chosen to erase the entire Summertime show from my memory (what an awful experience, especially after the fabulous Gordon Lightfoot night), overall I would say these people make a great final four.

I expect to see Jason go next, followed by Theresa, and a show-down between Kalan and Jacob in the final two. Given my suspicions about the demographics of the most active voters, I would expect Kalan to take the top prize.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week"
Jason does not belong in the final 3. I think he is worse than several singers that have already left.

But I am very happy with Kalan, Theresa and Jacob in the final 3. At this point I don't even care what order they finish. I will be happy if Jason goes home this week. If he stays longer than any of those 3 I will SCREAM.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-02-04, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Canadian Idol - Summer Week"
Completely agree.
This week, for the third time I am voting for everyone except Jason. Like it will work though...

Kalan, Jacob, and Theresa are pretty much tied in my books. Looks like I'm going to have to actually make my decision based on *gasp* PERFORMANCES...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •