The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

bovinasboyfriend 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-03, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bovinasboyfriend Click to send private message to bovinasboyfriend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-03 AT 11:09 PM (EST)

If you type in google

"Adam Mesh" Fortune
one article pops up that you need to pay for, from Fortune magazine online. It says something about him buying stock, and then selling it.

something tells me this guy is loaded.

*Another clue wa$ the ki$$ that Malena gave him

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine tisasortofaffair 12-01-03 1
   Adam's Company papergirl 12-02-03 18
 RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine pigavant 12-01-03 2
 RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine millergal 12-01-03 3
   RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine millergal 12-01-03 4
       RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine lightning 21 12-02-03 5
           RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine lightning 21 12-02-03 6
           RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine calamityc 12-02-03 8
 RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine ladro 12-02-03 7
   RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine Dogtown 12-02-03 9
       RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine heracane 12-02-03 10
           RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine strange_encounter 12-02-03 12
               RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine heracane 12-02-03 13
       RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine volsfan 12-02-03 11
           RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine JustMe2001M 12-02-03 14
 Scruffy Adam and Zach CSHS79 12-02-03 15
   RE: Scruffy Adam and Zach kelli_blue 12-02-03 16
       RE: Scruffy Adam and Zach Stunned 12-04-03 24
   RE: Scruffy Adam and Zach volsfan 12-02-03 17
       Unkempt Men CSHS79 12-03-03 20
           BRAD? heracane 12-04-03 23
               RE:Brad CSHS79 12-08-03 25
               RE: BRAD? sbeck 12-08-03 26
 RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine ValleyGirl 12-03-03 19
   RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine Chrissy gal 12-03-03 21
       RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine ego 12-03-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tisasortofaffair 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-01-03, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tisasortofaffair Click to send private message to tisasortofaffair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
My, my, my...that will skew everything! Who she chooses in the end doesn't matter at all, because it's between looks or dollahs. She can't lose then, right? I always knew Adam wasn't your average bear.

papergirl 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail papergirl Click to send private message to papergirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Adam's Company"
Check out www.chimeracapital.com.

This is the financial trading company Adam owns. Oddly enough a Chimera is a word with ancient Greek meanings of heinous creature and mirage. Great name for a financial company. Go Adam!

pigavant 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-03, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pigavant Click to send private message to pigavant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Here's a free link to a posting of the article at <http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=15503817>. I've copied it below.

Can't Keep A Good Day Trader Down
Fortune Magazine
February 19, 2001
by Nelson D. Schwartz
If it had been up to her parents, Nancy Xiong would have gone straight to dental school after graduating from New York University. But instead of learning how to fill cavities, prick gums, and perform root canals, the 23-year-old Xiong spends her days in front of a flickering computer screen in the midtown Manhattan offices of Tradescape, buying and selling stocks as if she were playing a video game. Xiong, you see, is a professional day trader. And it isn't just her folks who might find her career choice a little, well, curious. Day trading? Didn't that, like, die a violent death last year after Wall Street fell out of love with dot-coms and the Nasdaq composite came to resemble a Nascar pileup?

With the possible exception of Pets.com's Sock Puppet and the Y2K bug, it's hard to imagine something more hopelessly 1999. So can it be that day traders are actually staging a comeback? Well, not really. The truth is, they never went away-at least not the hard-core ones. Indeed, by certain measures, they're doing better than ever, accounting for an increasing share of overall online trading. "Everybody talks about the day traders' getting killed with the Internet blowing up, but that's not true at all," says Greg Smith, who follows the brokerage industry for J.P. Morgan H&Q.

That's not to say the world of online trading hasn't undergone a fair amount of upheaval since the glory days of 1999 and early 2000. The biggest change is that the amateurs or occasional players-the doctor who used to execute a quick trade between patients, the lawyer who'd buy 100 shares of Cisco on the way to court-have quit the field. Their lack of clicking has meant a licking for prominent brokerages like Charles Schwab, Ameritrade, and E*Trade. Indeed, late last month, in a drastic effort to cut costs, Schwab asked roughly half its 30,000 employees to go ahead and take Fridays off-without pay. Ameritrade and E*Trade have also gotten whacked, losing more than 60% of their market value over the past 18 months. But for full-time day traders and the firms that cater to them, things are surprisingly peachy.

The number of day traders nationwide has held steady, at about 50,000, over the past year. And in many respects, they are a more powerful force in the market than they were at the height of the Nasdaq bubble. While trading by occasional players (15 to 40 transactions a year) dropped 37% in 2000, day traders increased their activity by 55%, according to analyst Amy Butte of Bear Stearns. These trigger-happy types now perform an average of 44 trades a day-about one every nine minutes-and represent a stunning 81% of total online retail trades. In fact, Tradescape, where Nancy Xiong does her thing, recently accounted for about 7% of the Nasdaq's average daily volume. "Day traders are a force to be reckoned with," says Butte. "Wall Street is going to have to take them seriously."

There are signs the big institutions are doing just that, investing hundreds of millions in a bid to cash in on this lucrative niche. Although Charles Schwab's focus is still the buy-and-hold investor and the occasional trader, its $488 million purchase of online brokerage and technology firm CyBerCorp. last year has made it a major player in the day-trading world. For its part, E*Trade is partnering with A.B. Watley, a New York firm that creates software platforms for active traders.

At the same time, old-line Wall Street firms like Salomon Smith Barney and Morgan Stanley have bought stakes in Tradescape, much of whose technology is more advanced than what their own professional trading desks use. And while some Wall Street pros still regard day traders as lucky amateurs at best and declasse speculators at worst, executives at Deutsche Bank recently approached some of Tradescape's most successful traders about coming to work for the German financial giant as-go figure-money managers.

What does all this mean for the rest of us? More than you might think. As day traders pile in when the market rallies or bail out when it dives, the volatility that's been a hallmark of this market will continue, perhaps even worsen. Just look at what happened on Jan. 3, when the Federal Reserve stunned investors with a surprise half-point rate cut. Within seconds of the Fed's move, traders at shops like Tradescape hit the buy button, which helps explain how the Nasdaq was able to jump 244 points in just 30 minutes. For young traders like Xiong, Jan. 3 has become the stuff of legend, the day many of them pocketed $5,000 or more in profits.

Such big scores, combined with new software tools that make trading easier from home, are a big reason for day trading's lingering appeal. And if you're interested in learning how to do it, there are plenty of gurus willing to teach you. "The days are over when you called your broker and bought a golden blue chip," trading teacher-cum-evangelist Toni Turner told a standing-room-only crowd of eager novices on a recent Saturday morning in downtown Orlando. Turner's approach is called swing trading-making money on price swings over the course of days rather than minutes-and for Turner's 35 students, each of whom has paid $595 for this one-day session, it sure beats the old-fashioned buy-and-hold approach. In fact, Turner tells her class, swing trading is "less risky than buy and hold." That's certainly debatable.

But as the proliferation of classes by Turner and others shows, the day trader's dream of easy money and short hours is very much alive and well. Exactly a year ago, FORTUNE looked at the bizarre world of day traders like Adam Mesh, an unshaven, T-shirt-clad 24-year-old who, in just one day, bought and sold nearly 10,000 shares of a company he'd never heard of before. (See "Meet the New Market Makers" in the fortune.com archive.) Today, not only is Mesh still at Tradescape, but he and three partners have formed their own firm, Chimera Capital, hiring 45 associates as proprietary traders. Mesh and his partners provide the initial capital stake and then split any eventual profits with the firm's even younger newcomers, many of whom are recent grads of the University of Michigan, Mesh's alma mater. This unlikely fraternity (so far they're all male, although Mesh insists they'd be thrilled to find a female trader) now possess roughly $2 million in capital and recently traded more than 5 million shares on a single day.

Evan Seidenstein was still in Ann Arbor last spring when he decided to join Mesh's group, even though he had interviewed for positions with traditional firms like Salomon Smith Barney. "I knew that if I didn't give it a shot I would regret it for the rest of my life," says Seidenstein, who has eked out a gain for the past 62 straight trading days. The profits aren't huge--$2,000 to $4,000 a day-but they should enable Seidenstein to earn more than he would if he had taken a job as a junior number cruncher on Wall Street.

Of course, making money as a day trader is a lot harder than it seems when you're hanging around kids like Seidenstein (see box). The learning curve for a day trader is steep, Mesh says. Five of his traders are still down $30,000 each after their first few months, but he remains confident that they will eventually catch on and recoup their losses. Like Seidenstein, Nancy Xiong missed out on the euphoria of late 1999 and early 2000, when day traders confused luck with trading savvy. A senior at NYU, Xiong had just completed her exams for dental school last August when her friend David Kuang invited her to join him and ten friends at Tradescape. Kuang, who graduated from MIT in 1995 with a degree in finance and economics, has been day trading full-time since 1997; he claims to have earned over $10 million last year. In any case, he has put up about $400,000 to help his friends get started as day traders, training them to look for what he calls "unsustainable price movements" and other small signals that suggest when the time is right to jump in for a quick gain.

A rally in Nasdaq futures after a sharp selloff, for example, bodes well for a rapid rise in stocks like Juniper Networks and Broadcom, which closely track the Nasdaq index. On the other hand, a big inflow of sell orders aimed at a particular stock presents an opportunity to short-that is, to sell borrowed shares in a bet that the stock will head south. Unlike Mesh, Kuang says he lets his friends pocket 100% of the profits, and he adds that Nancy Xiong is on track to earn more in 2001 than a first-year MBA.

While people like Kuang and Xiong keep the day-trading faith, it's clear that the rest of us are no longer as engaged in what industry experts call "recreational trading." Occasional traders took a major step back after the Nasdaq peaked in March, and they have yet to return in force. Bear Stearns' Butte estimates that this group went from doing 25 trades a month at the beginning of 2000 to just under 16 in the final quarter. Occasional traders form the bedrock of Ameritrade's and E*Trade's customer base, which is why they've been hammered. Schwab has been clobbered as well, but it's much more than just an online broker, garnering over half its revenues from businesses that aren't related to trading, like fee-based asset management. That should help the company in the next few months, says Richard Strauss of Goldman Sachs, especially as its radical cost- cutting measures take hold.

The outlook for pure plays like Ameritrade and CSFBdirect (formerly DLJdirect) is a lot bleaker. "They could muddle through, but I think the majority of these companies are toast," says Strauss. To make matters worse, Ameritrade and E*Trade are expected to spend a combined $630 million on marketing this year, flooding the airwaves with ads in a desperate search for new customers. "Some of it isn't even marketing-it's just buying accounts," Strauss says. Indeed, both E*Trade and Ameritrade hand out $75 to people who open an account with $1,000 or more.

E*Trade, it should be noted, is trying to branch out and become what it calls an "online diversified financial-services company," offering mortgages and CDs through its E*Trade Bank unit, along with insurance and mutual funds. It's still too early to know whether E*Trade's efforts will succeed, but they have helped its stock rally a bit recently. In the end, however, just about everyone expects the e-brokers to either merge or be absorbed by larger financial services.

Firms that specialize in the day-trading niche, though, aren't worrying about down markets. Omar Amanat, the 28-year-old CEO of Tradescape, says his firm booked revenues of more than $140 million in 2000, up from just $25 million in 1999. And during the fourth quarter of 2000, when the Nasdaq was plunging, Tradescape's average daily trading volume was up nearly 50%. "It doesn't matter whether the market is up or down," says Amanat. "All the day traders want is volatility." If the trend continues, day-trading firms, once considered as ephemeral as the stock bubble they helped create, may outlive E*Trade, Ameritrade, and the rest of the once hyped-to-the-hilt online brokerages. That would pretty much guarantee that Nancy Xiong will never go to dental school.

What I Learned at Day-Trading School FORTUNE's Nelson Schwartz finds that it's a lot harder than it looks. I'm day trading in a dark room at the Financial Edge in Boca Raton, Fla., when the feeling first comes over me. Not excitement or euphoria or a sudden desire to quit my regular job and day trade for a living. No, it's a certain heaviness in the eyelids as I stare at the screen, waiting for the 1,000 shares of PMC-Sierra I've just bought to move a sixteenth of a point. The stock seems stuck at $120, though, and before I know it, I've dozed off. Don Traponese, a former hairdresser and market veteran from New Jersey who now teaches day- trading classes, jolts me back to consciousness. "Is the stock moving?" he asks me. Yes, it's now down about a quarter, but I'm actually kind of relieved, because even being down $250 beats the boredom of waiting for a stock to do something on a slow day.

To be honest, I'm only in simulated-trading mode, which is how Financial Edge starts all its students. The more experienced traders in the class are in it for real, and they're doing a bit better, making a few hundred dollars here and there as the Nasdaq moves up and down within a narrow trading range. Traponese is watching a huge screen showing a minute-by-minute chart of the Nasdaq, looking for what he thinks are inviting entry points-the peak that pre-sages a downward draft or the bottoming out that might be the beginning of a rally.

Now I'm $500 underwater, and I remember Traponese's advice about setting a limit on how much you're willing to lose and sticking with it. This was my limit, but in classic beginner's fashion, I figure it'll bounce back and I can at least break even. No luck. It's now down three-quarters, and with all the willpower I can muster, I force myself to get out and take the $750 loss. Hmmm, maybe this is harder than I thought. Now, with the market heading south, I short 400 shares of Cisco. It quickly falls a quarter, and this time I'm not taking any chances. With a couple of keystrokes I cover my position for a $100 gain.

Still, there's something disappointing about the gain, not to mention the loss. Jumping in and out like this doesn't bring me the surge of adrenaline I get when I call my broker and tell him to sell a stock that I picked up months before at a lower price. Instead it feels like waiting for Godot, except Vladimir and Estragon are market makers. This could be because it's only a simulation, but I think it has more to do with the disconnected nature of being a lone day trader.

Maybe swing trading, which looks to profit from wider moves over the course of a few days, will be more to my liking. So the next morning I find myself in a windowless room, at a dreary Sheraton in downtown Orlando, where the Online Trading Academy's Toni Turner is holding forth on the mysteries of charting. She's into what chartists call candlesticks-patterns with names like hanging man, spinning top, and shooting star-which are supposed to reflect the shifting trends that drive markets. Turner, 54, advises us that "I'm a blond, and if I can get it, you can get it." But I'm not so sure. It all seems as divorced from reality as the videogame-like exercise in Boca Raton. For me, at least, buying stocks without any knowledge of the underlying company just isn't very much fun.

millergal 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-03, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail millergal Click to send private message to millergal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
I was searching for the same Fortune article and came across this pic of Adam (third row)...looks like he was at an event in Southampton.

millergal 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-03, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail millergal Click to send private message to millergal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Sorry...would help if I posted the url, right?

http://www.patrickmcmullan.com/site/e2003may24_hamphall.html

lightning 21 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lightning%2021 Click to send private message to lightning%2021 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
here is a link to the article in Fortune Mag.
<http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,371846,00.html>

Text below
WALL STREET
Meet The New Market Makers
They're young, they're rich, and they couldn't care less about Graham & Dodd. But they're the ones driving those insane tech stocks, and they're not going away.
By Nelson D. Schwartz

There are about 20 minutes to go before the stock market closes, and I'm standing next to 24-year-old Adam Mesh in the sprawling offices of Tradescape, a Manhattan day-trading firm. "Hey, check out PLUG," Mesh yells out. Overhead, on one of Tradescape's ubiquitous TV monitors, CNBC's Joe Kernen is talking up Plug Power, a fuel-cell company that Mesh and the other twentysomething traders here have never heard of before today.

On his multicolored computer screen, Mesh is watching PLUG, already up $15 to $53, suddenly begin to surge again. He jumps in, buying 500 shares at $55. About a minute later he gets out at $58. But PLUG is still soaring, so Mesh gets back in, this time at $60. I look around at the other traders squeezed shoulder to shoulder in Tradescape's offices, and on every screen the ticker PLUG is flashing, its shares furiously moving higher.

"What the heck is this company?" I ask. "It's PLUG," Mesh says. Yeah, I know that much. But what does it do? "I don't know," Mesh responds, without looking up. "Power, I guess." I decide to let the issue drop, and with PLUG now about to close at $79, the question of what the company does seems pretty irrelevant. In a rapid bout of buying and selling, Mesh trades nearly 10,000 shares of PLUG in the few minutes I stand behind his desk, making $20,000 in the process. It's been a good day for Mesh, but for some traders it's been even better. "I made a honey," one guy calls out, using trader slang for $100,000. "Can you believe this?"

Clad in a scruffy old T-shirt and in desperate need of a shave, Mesh is an unlikely mascot for the new world of Wall Street. But at a time when day traders, Internet message-board prowlers, and plain old folks with Ameritrade accounts are increasingly driving the action, it's Mesh--not Peter Lynch or Warren Buffett--who typifies today's investor. They're the ones who are moving the stocks that you hear about on CNBC and at cocktail parties, those names that jump 20% a day, sometimes 200%.

Nowhere is this new reality more obvious than among Nasdaq's highfliers. Forget Cisco or Microsoft or Oracle. Those hot stocks of yesteryear are now practically blue chips. No, we're talking about...

lightning 21 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lightning%2021 Click to send private message to lightning%2021 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
This is Adams Company along with three partners
<http://www.chimeracapital.com/index.html>
here is a picture of him on the website
<http://www.chimeracapital.com/advantages.html>
with a qoute below his picture stating:
"We thrive on maintaining an environment where individual traders benefit from the experience of the group."

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-03, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-03 AT 01:08 AM (EST)

Thanks for these articles! The preview showed her seeing a cover of Fortune magazine. I am right in there with the other cynics who will wonder what money will do to her decision making! It may have started as Average Joe, but it then becomes Looks or Money? (I really don't think Adam is a bad looking guy!) and he does have a great personality.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-03, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Great stuff. But I don't come to the conclusion that Adam is loaded. There are a lot of former day traders in the world, the vast majority end up selling real estate, insurance or mutual funds.

Dogtown 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dogtown Click to send private message to Dogtown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
He is in 2 Fortune articles, the 2000 article is the big spread he has framed on his wall. The 2001 Article is the one that they have linked off of the company website. If you get your name in fortune... twice, I would hope you had some money left over from the glory days.

Can't Keep a Good Day Trader Down
Online brokers like Charles Schwab, E*Trade, and Ameritrade may be suffering, but day traders are still partying like it's 1999.
Nelson D. Schwartz
Published: 02/09/2001

Meet The New Market Makers
They're young, they're rich, and they couldn't care less about Graham & Dodd. But they're the ones driving those insane tech stocks, and they're not going away.
Nelson D. Schwartz
Published: 02/21/2000

-DT

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-03, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
I agree, he is well off. I bet she chooses adam, disguises it as personality and "true love" when it is money money money. He won't stand in her way of "stardom" Jason is cute, i think he reminds me of people I have dated. Sweet, good looking broke guys with that slippery nature. Does he like h er? Today maybe till someone better looking comes around.

strange_encounter 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-03, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strange_encounter Click to send private message to strange_encounter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Some people talk as if Melana were so shallow. I don't agree. She knows what she wants and knows where she wants to be. If this show is a catalyst for her career, kudos to her for getting the gig. Look at Elizabeth from Survivor Outback. Do you think her charming personality alone took her that far? No. She's definitely got the look - and personality to go with it.

So if M chooses Adam, maybe it is because she has purpose and direction and Adam can take her places. Good for her. They both win.

12-02-03, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Yeah.. perhaps you are right.. it is just fun to be catty

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-03, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Not only that...the article says he made $20,000 on one stock in a matter of minutes and then one of the others made $100,000! The article also says they divide the money! He has money for sure!

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-02-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Hey, if Adam really has money, then it doesn't matter who she chooses. If she chooses Adam, he doesn't really need her. If she chooses Jason, Adam can hire him full time as a model and make him wear a jockey cap and hold a lantern in his front yard.

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-02-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Scruffy Adam and Zach"
If Adam truly has money you'd think he could afford a razor,the
Miami Vice look was a thing of the 80's and I hated it then. It seems both Adam and Zach gave up the razor after the new guys arrived. For that point alone Jason and Mike deserved the solo dates since they put their best foot forward as far as appearance
goes.
Bottom line, as funny as Adam is, I think Melena will and should choose Jason in the end. To me,he's sweet,funny and the total package.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-02-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Scruffy Adam and Zach"
>Bottom line, as funny as Adam
>is, I think Melena will
>and should choose Jason in
>the end. To me,he's sweet,funny
>and the total package.

I think she'll pick Jason too. He's the *total package* to me too and while Adam is a riot to be around, I don't think she's physically attracted to him either.

Stunned 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-04-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stunned Click to send private message to Stunned Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Scruffy Adam and Zach"
>>I think Melena will
>>and should choose Jason in
>>the end. To me,he's sweet,funny
>>and the total package.
>
>I think she'll pick Jason too.
> He's the *total package*

Are you kidding? First of all, the guy doesn't seem to be able to express his feelings. Either that, or he doesn't really feel that strongly. The conversations between him and Melana go like this:

Melana: What are you feeling?
Jason: I dunno. What are you feeling?
Melana: I feel this, and this....etc. etc.
Jason: I feel the same way.
Melana: So do you feel this is the start of something special?
Jason: I think this could be the start of something special.
Melana: Special in what way?
Jason: Umm...you know, the start of a special sort of relationship.
Melana: You're so pretty.

Way to say absolutely NOTHING, Jason. And he's gotten this far on this stuff! Oh not to mention he is a student/waiter at 27, who lives at home, and has admitted that he doesn't really have a lot of direction in his life or knows what he wants. Other than he wants his last name to be 'Storm'.

In any guy who wasn't good-looking, the qualities that Melana supposedly finds attractive ("He's soft-spoken, and quiet.") would be considered negative traits. (i.e. "He's too shy and unassertive.")

Total package? Yeah, maybe if the package (the outside) is all you're looking at.

Actually I didn't even think he was in that great shape.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Scruffy Adam and Zach"
CSHS...I think one of the sexiest looks for a man is a two day shadow of a beard. I love that look. However, I don't think works on Adam!

12-03-03, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Unkempt Men"
My opinion was based on Adam and Zach's overall appearance, it seems they were no longer trying. I'm sure even for women who like men a little rough around the edges in the beginning you want to see them make an effort. In my opinion, I wasn't seeing that from Adam or Zach.Might I also add,if I was in Melena's place, there would have been some diferent cuts along the way, starting with Zach. He would have been one of the first guys I would have cut. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have needed the influx of the models since I gladly would have let either Brad or John sweep me off my feet.Then again since they are available, the only thing standing in my way is their opinion of
older women since I'm 43.

12-04-03, 07:13 AM (EST)
23. "BRAD?"
Did you not see the tattle tale baby whiner jerk that I did?
And he looked like Quintin Tarrentino on crack

12-08-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
25. "RE:Brad"
To me Brad's words in the limo after their solo date showed he had Melena's interests at heart.In the end Melena did see Zach for the jerk he is and booted him. I also believe John would be an equally sweet boyfriend. Bottom line, a pretty boy's looks only go so far with me, I look at the heart and to me John and Brad have heart.

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-08-03, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: BRAD?"
You're not the only one. I thought that I would have gotten rid of him at the first instance of that "I hate to gossip, but..." behavior. To quote Melana, that's a red flag.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-03-03, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
My money is on Adam to win, Jason to place and Melana to show her true colours!
Valley Girl
"I'll never kiss and tell,... well,maybe....."

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
Oh, I like that one Valley Girl!!

Are you sure you aren't really from Canada - colors vs. colours??

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Adam Mesh: In Fortune Magazine"
OT - I'm from Canada and I sure did a double take on your instant bank machines when the spell it CHECKING account vs. the canadian version CHEQUING. ROFL...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •