LAST EDITED ON 06-20-07 AT 00:29 AM (EST)
1. Zach definitely had the best movie. He is the most gifted director of these 5 in all areas.
2. Enjoyed Will's glass eye movie. Quite original. The actor wasn't very good though when he slapped himself and lost the eye...that was lame. I didn't make the connection with the guy seeing thru the eye on the floor at first (director's fault- they said it should have been b/w to differentiate). Had some funny moments.
3. Jason, while the story was interesting I thought the ending ruined it. He's trying to preach about no drugs or violence because he's Christian and what does he have in his movie? Admirable yet his movie seemed to glorify it to me.
4. Mateen has no visual style especially if he is told by directors to make it a movie not a soap opera. His script was nothing new and boring.
5. Jessica is still too new to directing as I think she is just out of school. Her movie was soooo bad. I kept hoping the tree would grab the man's saw and start cutting him up...but...no...nothing gory or exciting...anything exciting just give me some horrific bloody scenes. She just relied on a ordinary shots and creepy music (if you can call it creepy). Awful. I think she's toast.
How about a Female movie director in the judging chair? Penny Marshall, Jodie Foster, Nora Ephron, Jane Campion. I bet they would have great constructive criticism to offer.