The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 50 Selections on Yahoo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

NewWave 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-29-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewWave Click to send private message to NewWave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 50 Selections on Yahoo"
Here's the breakdown on the bootee picks from the top 50 players on Yahoo Survivor Pickem'.

Jerri: 21
Nick: 11
Rodger: 6
Elisabeth: 1
Amber: 1

#1 chose nick, but most of the top ten chose Jerri.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Yahoo....Yawhat? Snicker, Snic... Dalton 03-29-01 1
   RE: Yahoo....Yawhat? Snicker, Snic... NewWave 03-30-01 3
   RE: Yahoo....Yawhat? Snicker, Snic... NewWave 03-30-01 5
       RE: NewWave=Waste of time...Mine an... Dalton 03-30-01 9
 RE: Top 50 Selections on Yahoo Mano_Poderosa 03-29-01 2
 RE: Top 50 Selections on Yahoo blehargh 03-30-01 4
   RE: Top 50 Selections on Yahoo NewWave 03-30-01 6
 Top 50? AyatollahKhomeini 03-30-01 7
   RE: Top 50? NewWave 03-30-01 8
       Not what you said AyatollahKhomeini 03-30-01 10
           RE: Not what you said Lurking 04-01-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-29-01, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Yahoo....Yawhat? Snicker, Snicker...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

OMG-Counter just went up!!

The "top 50 players on Yahoo" you say!!! Is that anything
like the top 50 people HERE who never heard of you/them???
Do WE care??
Just asking, as Lief would say.

The thought that
anyone really thinks the SurvivorBlow.com CARES what
the silly Ya-Hell and their 150 "survivor sites"
did or didn't vote for/against compared to
THIS web site.....that's just a joke friends.
Pay no attention.

Dalton

03-30-01, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewWave Click to send private message to NewWave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Yahoo....Yawhat? Snicker, Snicker...."
>OMG, the "top 50 players on Yahoo" you say!!! Is that anything
>like the top 50 people HERE who never heard of you/them???
>Do WE care??
>Just asking, as Lief would say.

Exactly what part of this needs explaining to you?? Let me help out...Ever heard of Yahoo? You know, they have a website...well they have a fantasy game called Survivor Pick'em in which over 200,000 people allocate points toward the survivor(s) they feel are most likely to get voted off. As you can imagine, the people that are in the lead, aka "the top 50", have a pretty good track record of correcting allocating points toward the correct bootee.

http://tvgames.yahoo.com/survivor

>Well then answer me this...Who in the Hell is "#1"???

#1 is the person with the most points...imagine that.

>I ask because if your Yahoo #1 "chose nick"...then what
>are you bragging about....Nick wasn't booted!!!!

How is this bragging?!?! I'm simply posting fyi. If you had the wherewithall to look at the time of ##### post you would see that it was before the show finished airing.

>If this is some kind of PSA anyone is interested in I'd
>be not only surprised but disappointed!!!

Ya...well I'm not too surprised someone named "Dalton", who apparently dedicates his life to this website, will take any oppurtunity to flame in order to make himself feel better.

03-30-01, 07:33 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Yahoo....Yawhat? Snicker, Snicker...."
D-D-D-Daltboy...I feel so special that I was the target of your 400TH! post...by the gods man...I can't believe you actually took the time to edit your flame...that is SO pathetic.

Ya fagboy...it's common practice to post your Yahoo rank as part of your sig on ss.com. Many references are made here to other sites in regards to spoilers for this show we love to hate...try to keep your pants on the next time you read one.

It's simple...230,000 some odd ppl attempt to predict the bootee each week. If you figure out the majority pick among the top 50 (by counting, an ability that I'm sure escapes you)...it's almost guranteed that is who will be booted. You can only view other's selections after the show begins airing. For those who love spoilers...and I know you do D-D-Dalty (see: "dedicated your life to this site")...you can figure out the bootee soon after the show begins airing by using that complex counting ability we talked about.

Hint...next time, take your head out of the clown's a$$ long enough to look around you before spewing more of that crap out from your mouth.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-30-01, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NewWave=Waste of time...Mine and the Boards"
<<<eom>>> She sighed wearily.

Dalton

Mano_Poderosa 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-29-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mano_Poderosa Click to send private message to Mano_Poderosa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top 50 Selections on Yahoo"
Actually, this post was fairly interesting. Thanks...sort of.

The Artist Formerly Known as Number 7.

blehargh 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-01, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blehargh Click to send private message to blehargh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top 50 Selections on Yahoo"
newwave, just curious, but how'd you find out all the picks for hte top 50 in yahoo. i thought they hide everyone's picks until the show starts on the east coast?

03-30-01, 07:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Top 50 Selections on Yahoo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 07:36 PM (EST)

No prob...yes you're right, they hide until the show begins airing...you'll notice that my original post was soon after that.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-30-01, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Top 50?"
Did 10 people get bored and quit? Maybe they went to play SurvivorMarket or FOB? All I know is that 21+11+6+1+1 ain't 50.

I also presume that the (now former) #1 was not a member of the Ellipsiiis Brain Trust.

03-30-01, 09:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Top 50?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

>Did 10 people get bored and
>quit? Maybe they went
>to play SurvivorMarket or FOB?
> All I know is
>that 21+11+6+1+1 ain't 50.

Jesus...do I have to explain everything to you ppl? You probably ask yourself the same question when noticing that polls don't always add up to 100%.

Not all of the top 50 made selections or allocated 100% of their points toward one person (the counting criteria I used).

>I also presume that the (now
>former) #1 was not a
>member of the Ellipsiiis Brain
>Trust.

Yes, he/she is now the former #1 (whom I have no relation to or anyone else in the top 50). What is this? Why do you ppl get so defensive when another site is mentioned?

My theory is simple: Take the top .05% of the players on the largest survivor pickem game, find out who was picked the most, and you will find out who it is. This has held up every week on
Yahoo and will continue to do so.

Yes, it's only potential spoiler info for less than an hour until the TC is aired, *shrug* but people find it interesting nonetheless. Better than most the drivel I see floating around these boards....despite what D-D-D-Daltyboy says...

and btw..AK, I by no means want to infer your posts are drivel...you actually have some interesting stuff...just flames for the sake of flame tend to upset me.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-30-01, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Not what you said"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-01 AT 10:30 PM (EST)

So this isn't really the pick of the entire Yahoo! Top 50. What it is is the pick of whatever percentage of the Top 50 is confident enough to pick one player as the bootee for the week. That means only 42% of the Yahoo Top 50 were picking Jerri to go. It's interesting that 33.3% of the people on this board reached the same conclusion.

I note that the new leader in Yahoo! has 700 points out of a possible 840. The person in 50th has 520 of 840. The Ellipsiiis picks have been made for three weeks and would have earned 310 points of a possible 315.

This board's consensus pick, which was not chosen during E3 due to a site crash, would have earned 530 points so far and would place in the Top 50. Some individual posters here would have done much better than that.

It's great that you take the time to total up the "consensus pick" of the Yahoo! Top 50. But the information is of little value to us as spoilers, although it is fun. Most of the people making selections there are getting their logic from the same places we are. And hardly anyone on this board plays the Yahoo! game. Now ... if you could get us the picks of the top 50 in Fantasy Outback ... oh wait, we know the picks of the first-place league. It's Team Ellipsiiis.

Thank you for your effort anyway.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-01, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not what you said"
It's Ellipsiis indeed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •