The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

That's got to be some kind of record right?
Of course, he's a four time loser if you count that cr*ptastic survivor fan "$1 Million Call-In Vote" which Rupert won.
And, he's a five time loser if you count his televised wedding to Ambr on the 24th.
And after all these loses, you would think he would have learned how to lose gracefully, but no, he is still the bitter, delusional a** he was after Marqueses.
There is a news report that these two will not stop whoring themselves after the "Big Day" but are planning a "Nick and Jessica: Newlyweds" style show.I might watch this trainwreck only to see if I spot Ambr with any other expression than complete and utter boredom -- I think I'll be watching in vain.

from www.tvgasm.com ....

Can't get enough of Rob and Amber? Well, neither can Rob and Amber, which is why they'll be returning to reality TV yet again with a brand new Newlyweds-ish pilot for E!. Yes, after three seasons of Survivor, one season of The Amazing Race, a cameo on The Player, and a very special televised wedding ceremony later this month, America's very own reality whores once again mug for the camera as they embark on the over-explored journey that is celebrity marriage. I can't imagine that this will be a totally scintillating series. After all, we love (and hate) Rob for his scheming and villainy, not his day-to-day thoughts and musings. With any luck, this show will provide new insights on the stars, maybe answer some questions: Just how many Boston hats does Rob have? And does Amber ever not gaze upon something with a pleasantly bland ennui? The possibilities are endless.

No word yet on whether this series will be picked up, but insiders at E! assure us that production will begin soon.

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 1
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... maggiebob 05-14-05 8
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... motormouth 05-14-05 11
           RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... maggiebob 05-14-05 12
               RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... motormouth 05-14-05 16
                   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... anotherkim 05-14-05 23
                       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... J Slice 05-14-05 24
                           RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... anotherkim 05-14-05 29
                       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Tsina 05-16-05 44
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Wheezy 05-14-05 22
           RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... anotherkim 05-14-05 25
               RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Wheezy 05-14-05 26
                   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Drive My Car 05-14-05 27
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Dakota 05-14-05 33
           RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... syren 05-15-05 43
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... RBA 05-13-05 2
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Spidey 05-13-05 3
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... maggiebob 05-14-05 9
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... anotherkim 05-14-05 13
           RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... maggiebob 05-14-05 17
               RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Drive My Car 05-14-05 19
               RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... anotherkim 05-14-05 31
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Dakota 05-14-05 34
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... nailbone 05-17-05 47
           Do not insult other posters Bebo 05-17-05 48
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... nailbone 05-13-05 4
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... J Slice 05-14-05 15
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... HistoryDetective 05-15-05 40
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... mikey 05-13-05 5
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 6
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... maggiebob 05-14-05 10
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... anotherkim 05-14-05 14
           RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Drive My Car 05-14-05 20
       RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... diamond 05-14-05 37
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... maggiebob 05-14-05 7
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... TechNoir 05-14-05 36
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... trudy 05-15-05 41
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Oscirus 05-14-05 18
   RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... Drive My Car 05-14-05 21
 Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"? kiki_k 05-14-05 28
   RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"... anotherkim 05-14-05 30
       RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"... kiki_k 05-14-05 32
           RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"... anotherkim 05-15-05 39
           RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"... trudy 05-15-05 42
           RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"... FLORIDAGAL 05-16-05 45
   RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"... Dakota 05-14-05 38
       Then hit alert Bebo 05-16-05 46
 RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv lo... survivorscott 05-14-05 35
 Locking with comments Bebo 05-17-05 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FLORIDAGAL 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

Thanks for the info... I will wear my I LOVE ROMBER t-shirt when I watch. Rob is a winner in my book!!!

maggiebob 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-05, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05
>AT 04:03 PM (EST)

>
>Thanks for the info... I will
>wear my I LOVE ROMBER
>t-shirt when I watch.
>Rob is a winner in
>my book!!!

I would really love to know...what, exactly, makes him a winner. You don't know this man personally, I presume you have never met him (correct me if I'm wrong). So why is he a winner? What has he contributed to mankind? What has he done that is so great? He was on reality tv for crying out loud. The only thing you know about him is that he was on some pathetic gameshows, and that he schemed his way through and still lost. That's a great way to define someone as a winner. I truly weep for the future of not just our country, but the world as a whole since others have caught the Romber virus, if you truly believe that the measure of a "winner" in life is the one who is the most adept at manipulation, self promotion, conniving, and scheming, and getting their 15 minutes of television coverage. You only know Romber because they were on television, so you must only thingk people are "winners" if they are on television, no matter what they do in life or what they contribute to humankind. GOD BLESS AMERICA. (And we wonder why the rest of the world hates us.)

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-14-05, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
I would really love to know...what, exactly, makes him a winner loser? You don't know this man personally, I presume you have never met him (correct me if I'm wrong). So why is he a winner loser? How has he contributed hurt mankind? What has he done that is so unforgivable? He was on reality tv for crying out loud. The only thing you know about him is that he was on some pathetic popular gameshows, and that he schemed actually played his way through and still lost. That's a great bad way to define someone as a loser. I truly weep for the future of not just our country, but the world as a whole since others have caught the anti-Romber virus, if you truly believe that the measure of a "loser" in life is the one who is the most adept at playing a game, self promotion taking advantage of an opportunity, conniving clever, and scheming resourceful , and getting their 15 minutes of television coverage. You only know Romber because they were on television, so you must only think people are "losers" if they are on television, no matter what they do in life or what they contribute to humankind. GOD BLESS AMERICA. (And we wonder why the rest of the world hates us.)

just sharing another perspective

05-14-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
>I would really love to know...what,
>exactly, makes him a winner
>loser? You don't know this
>man personally, I presume you
>have never met him (correct
>me if I'm wrong). So
>why is he a winner
>loser? How has he contributed
>hurt mankind? What has he
>done that is so unforgivable?
>He was on reality tv
>for crying out loud. The
>only thing you know about
>him is that he was
>on some pathetic popular gameshows,
>and that he schemed actually
>played his way through and
>still lost. That's a great
>bad way to define someone
>as a loser. I truly
>weep for the future of
>not just our country, but
>the world as a whole
>since others have caught the
>anti-Romber virus, if you truly
>believe that the measure of
>a "loser" in life is
>the one who is the
>most adept at playing a
>game
, self promotion taking advantage
>of an opportunity, conniving clever,
>and scheming
> resourceful , and getting
>their 15 minutes of television
>coverage. You only know Romber
>because they were on television,
>so you must only think
>people are "losers" if they
>are on television, no matter
>what they do in life
>or what they contribute to
>humankind. GOD BLESS AMERICA. (And
>we wonder why the rest
>of the world hates us.)

Way to answer the question Motormouth. We have seen evidence all throughout the show of what makes him a loser. He is disrespectful, lying, conniving, cheating, and a media-whore. Yeah, there's someone I want for a best friend.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>just sharing another
>perspective

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-14-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
You missed my point. Not everyone see's it your way. Just as you don't see it my way. You don't have to like him, or want him as a best friend, but you are not going to convince everyone that he is so bad and you are probably not going to understand why others like him (or his game strategy) so much.

*WooHoo, I got me a Syren and a bounce from IceCat!*

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"

I got it, MM, and thought it was a good one.

I think I'm also about 24 hours away from officially being totally over this whole issue. Blech.

fwiw, I HAVE met him and he's very funny and nice and probably happy as a clam that he and Amber did as well as they did, probably made fun of the fact that they went down off the bridge on the jump roadblock and had a crappy taxi at the end and that Uchenna and Joyce will get something positive out of winning the whole thing.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
I've met him too.

Marquesas after-party. He was a particularly obnoxious drunk. Brandon from S3, however, made surprisingly good company. I lit his cigarette.

05-14-05, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"

I'm sure everyone has their obnoxious drunk moments, you know. Some of us have even shared ours on these boards.

Tsina 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-16-05, 06:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsina Click to send private message to Tsina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Amen

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

I truly weep for the future of not just our country, but the world as a whole since others have caught the Romber virus

Are you serious? ME TOO!

if you truly believe that the measure of a "winner" in life is the one who is the most adept at manipulation, self promotion, conniving, and scheming, and getting their 15 minutes of television coverage.

Romber's bad influence over the world is catching on. You are right--we must do away with them so that the world leaders don't get any more ideas from them.

The truly brave are soft of heart and eyes, And feel for what their duty bids them do.
-Byron

Wheeze * lunch?

05-14-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"

oh, puhleaze, you also weep if there's not two-ply toilet paper. Take your grass skirt and go sing a song with Rupert somewhere.

--can you feel the love?

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"

Are you saying that Romber is doing away with two-ply toilet paper too? I will really have to use my grass skirt wisely.

No, no I can't. How could you believe that crap and allow Romber to take the place of God in your life? I weep for you. All of you.

Wheeze * lunch?

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
*snif snif*
Not another bad smelling hamster, I can't take it anymore.

Rob gave my hamster Wet Tail.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Just wanted to point out that you, MaggieBob, did not call Rob a loser, and I noticed that. You simply asked why some thought he was such a winner, what he did to deserve that label.

As for the future of our country, I'm more concerned about those red states, but I understand what you're saying. If we glorify and make heroes out of people who lie, and then act indignant when called on it, laugh about conning someone and calling them stupid for it, criticize people who don't put money ahead of it all, and call them winners, then we are in trouble. But this is reality TV. A reflection on us, perhaps, but it's still reality tv. Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
"If we glorify and make heroes out of people who lie, and then act indignant when called on it, laugh about conning someone and calling them stupid for it, criticize people who don't put money ahead of it all, and call them winners, then we are in trouble."

For some reason I am thinking of the last presidential election.

Freedom is the reason.

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Yup, he's a loser all the way to the bank.

I wish I was such a loser.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"

How many reality tv shows have you or any of us been in?

How many reality tv shows has the world at large finished in the top 2? (I count 2 for each Rob & Amber.)

How many people get their weddings paid for AND get paid for putting it on tv.

I'd say Rob & Amber are pretty far from losers, but you are certainly entitled to be bitter about their happiness if you are so inclined.

05-14-05, 02:06 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
>
>
>How many reality tv shows have
>you or any of us
>been in?
>
>How many reality tv shows has
>the world at large finished
>in the top 2?
>(I count 2 for each
>Rob & Amber.)
>
>How many people get their weddings
>paid for AND get paid
>for putting it on tv.
>
>
>I'd say Rob & Amber are
>pretty far from losers, but
>you are certainly entitled to
>be bitter about their happiness
>if you are so inclined.
>
Depends on how you define loser. To me, a loser is someone who values money over all else. To me, a loser is someone who whores themselves in reality television in order to feel important and special. And to me a loser is someone who thinks that a loser is someone who can win or lose with integrity and grace and not place the entire emphasis on the money. They may be laughing all the way to the bank now, but in five years when no one knows who they are and their money is spent, they won't be smiling so much. And if there is a heaven they sure won't be laughing all the way there, given how they have behaved here on earth.

05-14-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Well, he's gotten you to watch him and spend an incredible amount of time expounding on his every move, so while you may not be on television, I'm not sure how your time is any better spent.

How do you know what he values? Have you met him? Have you and he had deep philosophical talks about money and life? He talked over and over about how he came out of Survivor with the best possible prize--Amber. I'm sure that you think that was all for show, though, right? Even though they clearly had the most stable and supportive relationship in the entire race.

Uchenna pushed a boat for Meredith and gave him a shirt and he's some sort of saint? Puhlease. He and Joyce and every other person playing that game talked about Rob and Amber, but it's okay, why? What did Rob do that was so criminal? Where did you see Rob and Amber putting more emphasis on the money than any other team playing the game? They were all there to win a million dollars. Name me one person on Survivor that didn't lie or backstab. Why is he held to some higher moral standard? Because you don't like him. Because he outsmarted them.

As for your prophesy about them five years down the road, I find that laughable, not because I think they'll be famous, but because I can't believe you even care. Why would you be so wrapped up in them to this degree? What is the deal here? And how can you possibly speak to whether or not they will go to heaven? Do you have a direct line to God? If so, then you should consider a reality show of your own.

05-14-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"

It wasn't Rob that got me to watch AR or respond to these boards. I was an AR fan before Rob and Amber came along. And I respond to these boards because I'm amazed at now people can manipulate everything that happens and everything that people say to suit their own perceptions and interpretations, and how people justify what, at the end of the day, is really bad behavior, all in the name of greed. Here is the thing about Rob and about reality television in general that is really starting to irritate me. Reality television has made it okay to be greedy, and it has made it okay to do things that normal, decent people would not do in the normal course of their lives. How many times have we heard people say "Hey, it's for a million dollars." This is the problem I have with Rob and Amber as opposed to Uchenna and Joyce. Everyone has sort of ridiculed U/J for being "nice people". But what is wrong with that? What is wrong with playing a game nicely and fairly and accepting the outcome with grace? Why do people think it is okay to be deceitful and underhanded and just plain mean, just for the sake of money. (I'm not saying Rob and Amber are the only ones guilty of this. I consistently root against the teams that display these negative qualities.) I do not believe that people who participate in reality television suddenly change their personalities to suit that experience, so I believe that what we saw of Rob and Amber, Rob especially, on the race is an accurate reflection of who he is. He showed himself to be manipulative and deceitful, he believes it is okay to lie and to go to any lengths to get what he wants, he is rude and disrespectful, he is arrogant and cocky, and he treats Amber like a possession. And for some reason, simply because he was on a reality tv show, people think he is a "celebrity" and somehow special and important. He isn't - he is no more special or important than any other person on the planet. I actually feel sorry both for people like Rob and Amber who have to whore themselves in the media in order to feel important and special, and the people who believe that Rob and Amber are somehow celebrities. And it made me incredibly sad to see how widely they were recognized around the world, because it shows how extensively America's shallow, greedy, callous, Hollywood-loving culture has traveled the globe.

05-14-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Wow, talk about judging someone you don't even know.

By the way, Uchenna and Joyce, nice people that they seem to be ( and I don't know that they were riduculed for it) went on the show for MONEY! They wanted to win the money to buy a baby. They said so.

When the race was over, Rob congratulated them, he also said he already feels like a winner because he has Amber.

You certainly are entitled to any opinion you want to have about how they played the game, or about people who go on reality shows to win a prize. But saying that someone is greedy when you don't know them, or saying they won't get into heaven ( what?) because YOU have judged them lacking, just seems unreasonable to me.

Why not just understand that not everyone shares your views, that doesn't make us bad or shallow or star struck, we just see it differently.

05-14-05, 06:15 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
nd for some reason, simply because he was on a reality tv show, people think he is a "celebrity" and somehow special and important.

I don't think that about him in the slightest. I find him entertaining. Period. I don't find him anymore special than any other human. I think maybe YOU are reading way more into what we liked about him than there was. We could also say the same about some of the people who are elevating Uchenna and Joyce to near saint status for playing a silly reality game if you want to use the same standard.

You are consistently insulting to those who chose to root for Rob and Amber, while dismissing the other teams fans. That is what I find most irksome. Debate the whole idea that people are celebrities and heros and "good people" merely because they are on television. They could be serial killers for all we know. We see only what the editors want us to see. That's been proven time and time again.

05-14-05, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Now you've gone and called him a loser.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
And if there is a heaven they sure won't be laughing all the way there, given how they have behaved here on earth.

And as judgemental as you are being, I wonder if you'll be there to see whether they are or not....

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

No, I'm not saying you're not going to heaven, I'm making a point.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Do not insult other posters"
Stop making it personal, folks. People have different opinions, fine, they have different opinions. But going after them personally is not allowed here.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
And, he's a five time loser if you count his televised wedding to Ambr on the 24th.

That makes him quite the winner in my book. Marrying a babe like that!

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
And years later, when he updates her Operating System to Ambot 3.6, she'll be even more interesting.

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Any truth to the rumors that the May sweeps will include a cage match between the Ambot and the Chenbot?

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
>>>And after all these loses, you would think he would have learned how to lose gracefully, but no, he is still the bitter, delusional a** he was after Marqueses.

I have seen Rob playing for the cameras in each of the games, but once the games were over he was nothing but gracious in defeat. When he was voted out in Marquesas, when he lost to Amber he still married her, and when he lost to U & C he said hats off to them. Nothing negative, Red Sox fans have, until recently, had a lot of practice losiing gracefully. Anything negative he said about anyone was during the race, and most of the time he was trying to be funny.

Some of the other losers in these editions have been not so gracious in defeat -- see Lynn and Alex, Lex, etc.

05-13-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Let's list losing a$$

Lynn and Alex
Patrick and his mother
Ray and Dina

And that's just TAR 7

05-14-05, 02:41 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
>>>>And after all these loses, you would think he would have learned how to lose gracefully, but no, he is still the bitter, delusional a** he was after Marqueses.
>
>I have seen Rob playing for
>the cameras in each of
>the games, but once the
>games were over he was
>nothing but gracious in defeat.

Have you met him personally and seen him to be gracious in defeat?? If not, then you have nothing to base this on.
> When he was
>voted out in Marquesas, when
>he lost to Amber he
>still married her,

Yeah, and when they first began AR he said "even if we don't win the million we can't lose, because we already won". He believes he won Survivor, and Amber lets him. She's a lamb who follows where Rob leads. Why wouldn't he marry her??? That doesn't prove he is a gracious loser - that proves that he is a master manipulator.

and when
>he lost to U &
>C he said hats off
>to them. Nothing negative

Yeah, nothing negative standing on the mat. But since then he has made innuendoes and snide little comments. Yeah,sure, real gracious. Whatever.

>Red Sox fans have, until
>recently, had a lot of
>practice losiing gracefully.

I have been a Red Sox fan for 20 years, since I was a kid in middle school, and unless you know what _that_ particular cross feels like, don't even think about comparing Rob's "graciousness in defeat" to what the BoSox fans have gone through. Don't even go there. Seriously, I'm not kidding! (I am kidding, but I feel that Rob is a disgrace to BoSox fans everywhere, and he brought great shame to those caps he wore around the world.)

05-14-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

He believes he won Survivor, and Amber lets him. She's a lamb who follows where Rob leads. Why wouldn't he marry her??? That doesn't prove he is a gracious loser - that proves that he is a master manipulator.

He is all about the show. And, he and Amber DID win it together. Did you watch A.S.S.? She wouldn't have won it without him. It was absolutely as much his as it was hers, or more.

As opposed to the others who have been outright nasty and rude about him. He and Amber have shown incredible restraint considering all the things that were said about them both during and after the race.

I don't do baseball, so I'll let that last comment slide .

After all, it is The Amazing Race, not the Amazing Block Party--Vardis

05-14-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
I guess maggiebob can judge his fandom as well as his moral character.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
Well, as someone who has been a Red Sox fan at least as long as you, probably longer, I'll ask you not to speak for the rest of us. I thought he represented the city and the team quite well.

05-14-05, 01:51 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05
>AT 03:28 PM (EST)

>
>That's got to be some kind
>of record right?
>Of course, he's a four time
>loser if you count that
>cr*ptastic survivor fan "$1 Million
>Call-In Vote" which Rupert won.
>
>And, he's a five time loser
>if you count his televised
>wedding to Ambr on the
>24th.
>And after all these loses, you
>would think he would have
>learned how to lose gracefully,
>but no, he is still
>the bitter, delusional a** he
>was after Marqueses.
>There is a news report that
>these two will not stop
>whoring themselves after the "Big
>Day" but are planning a
>"Nick and Jessica: Newlyweds" style
>show.I might watch this trainwreck
>only to see if I
>spot Ambr with any other
>expression than complete and utter
>boredom -- I think I'll
>be watching in vain.
>
I was just watching the first episode again and, as Rob and Amber finally, finally, _finally_ get the ever so complicated trunk of the car open and get on their way, Rob turns back to Amber and says, "We're winning the million dollars. Did I fail to mention that?" (That was my first clue that they _were not_, in fact, winning the million.) But in the next breath he says, "But if we don't it's okay, because _we_ already won a million." Uh, I'm sorry Rob, I'm pretty sure "we" did NOT win the million dollars. (And isn't there some rule that the winner of Survivor cannot share the winnings with any other contestant??) He apparently is under the delusional impression that he won Survivor. And, alas, the vacuous and seemingly brainless Amber did not set him straight and remind him that HE LOST. Sigh.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
MaggieBob, would you like me to show you how to edit out some of the irrelevant material from the post that you are quoting?

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
This is like watching the Lynn and Alex show again. What I don't really get about all this is why someone who "hates" a team would spend so many of their presumably waking hours to trash them. I personally hated M/G and yet for some odd reason I only really posted comments about them like, maybe, 2x. 'Cause I just didn't care enough to bother with them.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-14-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
He is a pretty sore loser too at that him and his little twit amberexia but hey at least he is gonna win on his next reality show. He gets to get married to a plastic annorexic dumb a55. so lets cheer for rob as he finally wins something.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

05-14-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
I think they love each other, so as long as they are happy, who cares.

05-14-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"?"
I know I haven't been here in a while, but I thought this was bashers not fanatics.
And I thought the rules at this site call for no bashing of other posters, but that we can bash the DAWs like Rob.
Now, I see that everything has changed -- can't bash the DAWs, but can bash other posters.
I liked it better the other way. {sigh}

All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way

05-14-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"?"

that's the beauty of the alert button, kiki. If you think someone is violating, then by all means, alert.
Miscellaneous Ramblings
--or debate, but don't judge.

05-14-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

>
>that's the beauty of the alert
>button, kiki. If you think
>someone is violating, then by
>all means, alert.
>--or debate, but don't judge.
>

First, I can't judge, but everyone else (i.e., you) can, is that it?
Second, I don't need you telling me about the alert button -- this ain't my first time at the rodeo -- and I wasn't accusing anyone of doing anything that warrants "alerting" and if you honestly read something like that into my post, then you should chill.
Finally, I'm not judging, just stating a fact -- this place isn't as any fun anymore, 'cause no one can seem to bash a DAW without ten others jumping to their defense.
I know it's just my opinion (and, thus, not worthy of debate), but fangirls should stick to the fanatics site.

05-15-05, 00:27 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"?"

You said:

And I thought the rules at this site call for no bashing of other posters, but that we can bash the DAWs like Rob.
Now, I see that everything has changed -- can't bash the DAWs, but can bash other posters.

Clearly, you think someone is violating something or you wouldn't have posted that. I'm not "reading anything" into that. You said that the rules have changed. They haven't. If you see something that you think is crossing the line, then you should alert a mod. That's the rule. It's always been the rule. They've asked us to do that over and over again.

I? don't need to chill. I enjoy these boards. Have all season, which is why I've been here through the good, the bad and the ugly that has been this season of TAR. The whole debate/discussion part of it is entertaining/cathartic for some of us, obviously, or we wouldn't spend time doing it.

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"?"
OT?

05-16-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"?"
In regards to "Fan girls". Yes this is a bashers site, but we don't have to agree with who you are bashing.

05-14-05, 10:25 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Is this "Bashers" or "Fanatics"?"
>I know I haven't been here
>in a while, but I
>thought this was bashers not
>fanatics.
>And I thought the rules at
>this site call for no
>bashing of other posters, but
>that we can bash the
>DAWs like Rob.

This is Bashers, but Rob seems to bring out strong opinions, and the "no poster bashing" line has been crossed on various threads. I also know that some of the strongly pro-Romber posters are also people who are lots of fun and often in agreement with me about lots of things, except Romber. Actually, I understand some people liking him, just like there are people who like snakes.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

05-16-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Then hit alert"
If the line's been crossed, please folks, hit alert. With all of the finales, it's unrealistic to expect the mods to be seeking out the offending behavior. Give us a break - there are a lot more of you than there are of us.

Stop complaining about the problem folks and do something positive about it.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-14-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Boston Rob 3 time reality tv loser"
That's got to be some kind of record right?

Sue Hawk beat him to that record

Survivor
Cannonball Run
Survivor All Stars
Call In Vote

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

05-17-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
49. "Locking with comments"
This thread has denegrated into going after other posters and complaining about the way things are on the forums.

I'm locking this thread with a quote from the guidelines:

Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions.

Now, if anyone wants to bash the Rob as a multi-time loser and keep the discussion about the show, great, go ahead. But just because there are two sides that disagree does not give any of you the right to go after each other.

You want a fun bashing forum? Make it that way.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •