The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol - British Invasion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-29-04, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol - British Invasion"
OMH! Where is Larry when we need him? I sooooo would love to hear his comments about Jacob's outfits. I have to admit, I'm voting for him tonight, not so much for talent but for entertainment and for his outfits. He'll keep the show interesting. He wore more eye makeup tonight than I have in the last month combined.

Oh, and on a musical note, I'm voting for Kalan.

And Manoah, though I'm not voting for her, did Regina proud by choosing an 80s tune. Don't know what I mean? Come here and check out our bar scene and listen to the radio stations.

Three is the perfect number.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasio... Solitaire 07-29-04 1
   RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasio... strid333 07-29-04 2
 RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasio... 712 07-31-04 3
   RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasio... strid333 07-31-04 4
       RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasio... Lancerdude74 08-02-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasion"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-04 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

Hmm...if you ask me, Regina needs more 80s bars and more 80s on the radio (or at least an 80s bar that is not as gross as the State!) Anyways, I thought Manoah was pretty brutal and I knew as soon as I heard her song choice that it wasn't going to be good. It's not a song that really allows her to sing or show off her voice. There were many other better Annie Lennox/Eurythmics songs she could have picked. (I love Sweet Dreams, but this was just not the right song to showcase talent). I don't care how much pimping the radio stations do, though, I'm not voting for her unless she starts singing better...although I did sign her banner when cornered by Lite92 guys at Vic Park.

At the same time, I find the judges completely hypocritical...Jacob's performance was bizarre and he can't sing and Joshua's jumping around the stage was truly horrific and he can't sing either, but they're resoundly praised by the judges. And Jason can sing, but his voice is very ordinary and his performance completely smarmy...ick. Reminds me of Tyler Hamilton. And Shane...I thought he sounded worse this week than last week and that's saying a lot!

Now...on to the three contestants I actually like. Well, Elena was good the last couple of weeks, but not last night. I agreed with the judges who thought she was shouting too much. I never really got into that performance, which was too bad because I really like her. I thought the judges were a bit rough on Theresa...vocally, she was still wonderful last night. The problem is that she needs to learn how to perform because she doesn't do anything other than stand in the middle of the stage and hold the mike with two hands...even a Ruben "Baby, baby" had gesture every once in a while would help. And she really needs to relax her shoulders, I find them very distracting. But overall, I think I liked it a lot better than the judges did. Kalan could also use a bit more stage presence and performance ability, but I think he's a lot further along than Theresa in this regard. Last night's performance was just awesome...it was the first time someone in CI actually gave me chills. Kalan just has it all...I love that voice and his looks don't hurt, either ;)

oops - edited because I missed Kaleb. I do not get this guy and I don't think I ever will. What the heck do the judges see in him? He's awful! That melisma is irritating, his voice is whiny, he's almost always completely off-key. Ugghhh. Can't believe I have to listen to this guy for at least another few weeks, while a talented singer like Liz Titan didn't make it through.

07-29-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasion"
>Hmm...if you ask me, Regina needs
>more 80s bars and more
>80s on the radio (or
>at least an 80s bar
>that is not as gross
>as the State!)

That's your opinion, not mine. . . lol

>I don't care how much
>pimping the radio stations do,
>though, I'm not voting for
>her unless she starts singing
>better

Me too. The Z99 djs are annoying me with the constant, "I'm such a huge fan, and I'm not voting for anybody but her." I want the best Canadian singer - not the best from Regina. The person that wins should be somebody that Canadians will be proud to call our own. For example, if Johnny Red Stevens won American Idol, I'm sure there would've been Americans who would've been ashamed. He just isn't the best.
>
>At the same time, I find
>the judges completely hypocritical...Jacob's performance
>was bizarre and he can't
>sing

I agree. I just voted for him because I find him entertaining and want see him next week. When we get to top 5, I will definitely stop voting for him. And the judges are hypocritical. IMO, pitch is #1. If you can't sing in tune, I say out. I don't care how "artistic" or how much they "owned" the song, it still has to be in tune. Kaleb (who I also don't get) warbled his way through the song and while he did, was never in tune. Gary Beals (our CI1 runner-up) sang Motown week completely out of tune. I never forgave him for that.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-31-04, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasion"
Ben Mulroney is really pissing me off.
Why does he feel the need to kiss every single contestant's #####?

I just about vomitted when he told Shane that "Bland is when anyone BUT you sings that song!"

I don't like Seacrest either, but at least he doesn't lie to the contestants and tell them they were good when they were not (Roman brothers?).

07-31-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasion"
>Ben Mulroney is really pissing me
>off.

Yep, me too. He does it when he interviews stars for movies you just know is going to suck, too. I think he takes the Canadian "niceness" to uncomfortable extremes. It is one thing to say, "You sang your heart out." It is another to say, "You did awesome," when clearly they didn't. IT's not a favour to them to be pushed so high when they don't deserve it.

I also know people who don't watch him, just because of who he is son to. I have to admit, if he actually became a "real" newsman and reported on anything other than the entertainment news, I would complain to CTV, write CRTC, and stop watching CTV news the same way I have with Global news, and stick with only CBC news. I have always felt bias with Global, and felt that CTV and CBC have remained quite neutral.

Lancerdude74 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-02-04, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lancerdude74 Click to send private message to Lancerdude74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Canadian Idol - British Invasion"
I think that even after all the entertainment and the outfits, Jacob does have a good voice. It's very unique and very rarely out of tune. His personality definitely helps. I think most people get distracted because of his "show" but I have downloaded most of his performances and all his bands stuff and he really does have a good and interesting voice.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •