The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Truth About Women"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

chroniccomplainer316 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-30-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chroniccomplainer316 Click to send private message to chroniccomplainer316 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Truth About Women"

This show along with Joe millionaire have done nothing more than prove the majority of women are are shallow as men can ever be but that it's politcally incorrect to say so.
The whole point of this show was for a WOMAN to chose a guy without taking his looks into accout. But like the TRUE LIBERAL BULLSHIT ARTISTS the NBC network and the majority of women are they turn this concepty on it's ass. This girl has been wishing for a hole to crawl into and die for now other reason the majority of these guys are pretty much ugly bastards. All a woman cares about is what's in a guy's heart? BULLSHIT. Almost anyway. Speaking as an ugly guy who has been struggling for years I can't tell you how many women have shot me down for being broke. Just check out personal ads and count how many want you to have a minimum income level. Women want to work and earn as much as men then supporting a guy like we support women shouldn't be a problem. The majority of WOMEN are hypocrites and lazy whores who want either a rich guy to suck off, a dumb schmuck to suck off alimony or a stud to #####. At least MEN are HONEST about what we want. And as far as the men in this show being turned off by the fat suit I once went to a plus sized dance. The point of this group is to provide an enviornment where women and men can hook up in spit of how they look. The entire nite all I got was shot down and one gave me a withering glare before I even got halfway across the floor to her.
And look at Joe Millionaire. The first ##### GOT THE ##### MONEY ANYWAY. TYhere is NO WAY a WOMAN would let herself be proven for the superficial hypocrite she is by not getting all the loot she got in the show to get in the first place. Why do you think the network had the money ready? Why do you think these two wound up breaking off? she already had the cash there was no way she was going to stick around.
And look at the last survivor. All that ##### Jenna did was piss and moan. The only reason she found out how her mom was doing was because Matt was generous enough to put the group first but in any men versus women contest promoted by a liberal network there is no way the men have a chance.
There ARe acceptions. my girlfriend is plus sized but shes also my soulmate. shes the sweetest most giving woman you'll ever meet and has asked nothing from me. Women wise the ##### up: STOP judging a guy on how he looks or how much he makes. Men do the same thing. NEVER waste time on a woman who doesnt want you or who has any expectations whatsoever on you. Those women are just not worth it. You want to give your money to a woman go to hooters.

CC

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Truth About Women Deonna 11-30-03 1
   RE: The Truth About Women chroniccomplainer316 11-30-03 4
       RE: The Truth About Women heracane 12-01-03 8
           RE: The Truth About Women Blow by Blow 12-02-03 14
               RE: The Truth About Women PepeLePew13 12-09-03 37
   RE: The Truth About Women CanadianJoe 12-09-03 30
       RE: The Truth About Women ego 12-09-03 36
           RE: The Truth About Women CanadianJoe 12-09-03 39
               RE: The Truth About Women ego 12-11-03 52
       RE: The Truth About Women PepeLePew13 12-09-03 38
           RE: The Truth About Women CanadianJoe 12-09-03 40
 RE: The Truth About Women strange_encounter 11-30-03 2
 RE: The Truth About Women heracane 11-30-03 3
   RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 11-30-03 5
       RE: The Truth About Women heracane 12-01-03 7
   RE: The Truth About Women bell83 12-01-03 6
       RE: The Truth About Women ego 12-02-03 13
           Confidence is the key! ceedee 12-03-03 18
               RE: Confidence is the key! bell83 12-04-03 27
 RE: The Truth About Women mrbluesky 12-02-03 9
   RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-02-03 10
 RE: The Truth About Women Fat Melena 12-02-03 11
   RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-02-03 12
       RE: The Truth About Women ego 12-02-03 15
           RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-02-03 16
       RE: The Truth About Women Chrissy gal 12-02-03 17
           RE: The Truth About Women ceedee 12-03-03 19
       RE: The Truth About Women kryp 12-09-03 33
 RE: The Truth About Women schmoe 12-03-03 20
   RE: The Truth About Women Butt_Plug 12-03-03 21
       RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-03-03 22
           This show is ALL about first impres... Butt_Plug 12-03-03 24
               RE: This show is ALL about first im... JustMe2001M 12-03-03 25
               RE: This show is ALL about first im... RollDdice 12-10-03 44
                   RE: This show is ALL about first im... CyberCooties 12-11-03 55
               RE: This show is ALL about first im... CanadianJoe 12-11-03 60
       RE: The Truth About Women ego 12-03-03 23
 RE: The Truth About Women ValleyGirl 12-03-03 26
   RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-04-03 28
 RE: The Truth About Networks CyberCooties 12-06-03 29
   RE: The Truth About Networks JustMe2001M 12-09-03 32
   You can't handle the truth RollDdice 12-11-03 57
       RE: You can't handle the truth Chrissy gal 12-11-03 58
           The Very 1st Edition of "Ask RollDd... RollDdice 12-11-03 59
               RE: The Very 1st Edition of "Ask Ro... Chrissy gal 12-12-03 61
                   RE: The Very 1st Edition of "Ask Dd... RollDdice 12-12-03 62
       And I say this with affection... CyberCooties 12-13-03 63
           Pretzel Logic... RollDdice 12-14-03 64
               RE: Pretzel Logic... ummm, okay? CyberCooties 12-14-03 65
 RE: The Truth About Women KBear 12-09-03 31
 RE: The Truth About Women id 12-09-03 34
 RE: The Truth About Women DeCloah 12-09-03 35
 RE: The Truth About Women Kat77 12-10-03 41
   RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-10-03 42
 RE: The Truth About Women CyndiMoose 12-10-03 43
   RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-10-03 45
       RE: The Truth About Women ego 12-11-03 53
           RE: The Truth About Women Glow 12-11-03 54
           RE: The Truth About Women JustMe2001M 12-11-03 56
   RE: The Truth About Women RollDdice 12-10-03 46
       RE: The Truth About Women Chrissy gal 12-10-03 47
 RE: The Truth About Women Carybobski 12-10-03 48
   RE: The Truth About Women Glow 12-11-03 49
       RE: The Truth About Women Carybobski 12-11-03 50
           RE: The Truth About Women Glow 12-11-03 51

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-30-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I hope that you don't honestly think that Melana or any reality show contestant is a representative of the majority woman. I believe that producers of reality shows intentional pick shallow, self centered, superfical people (both men and women).

Even though you were shot down by several women, you were able to find your soulmate. I am glad that you have found someone who loves you for who you are.

Please don’t judge all women, based on a few bad experiences, or what you see on TV.

Deonna

chroniccomplainer316 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chroniccomplainer316 Click to send private message to chroniccomplainer316 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Truth About Women"

If I hadn't met my soulmate I probably would have made this totally hostile. Soon as I saw what Joe Average had planned I had to vent. I could have given a lot more personal examples of some of the things I gotten from women, including getting shot down in a letter with numbered paragaphs why she couldn't go out with me. I also want to kick these guys in the ass because at least in my defense I learned to REALLY want someoene who really loved me no matter what.Joe Average would be a lot more sincere if this is how it turned out. How many women can you name who are with abusive guys or guys who constantly cheat or treat them like #####, but they otherwise wouldn't take it from a real average guy?
I really would like to see a show where a woman really picks a guy who he is and the chem they have period.I still stand by what I said but it needed to be said. Im glad there are women like you who are for real.

Vin

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-03, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Not all abusers are good looking.. Most are just average guys. And why women stay with these guys is insane to the normal healthy mind, but it is different when you are in a relationship of this nature.. most women are too scared to leave, and have no resources. You compare apples to oranges and say it's lemons.

Attitude has a lot to do with attractiveness. Why do you suppose you have CHOSEN these women to "date". Half the issue is yours..

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-02-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Or to put it another way....

-P

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The Truth About Women"
An absolutely perfect picture.

What more people need are mirrors to look into instead of lashing out at others to blame for their bad relationships -- it takes two to make a relationship work and if it's been more than two or three bad relationships in a row, then maybe the odds are becoming a lot greater that it isn't just a coincidence you've run into so many 'bad' partners?

Not pointing at any one particular person here in this thread but more towards society in general, so save the hate mail.

CanadianJoe 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CanadianJoe Click to send private message to CanadianJoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Perhaps you are right in that not all women (and men, for that matter) are like the way they are represented on this show. But you have to know that there are a lot of them who are like that. This show only proved it. I can't believe that NBC would stoop so low as to humiliate average-looking guys this way for all to see. You could see that many of them were really hurting when they were leaving, and NBC and the host were loving it. Very classy folks, I guess that's the american way. I can only imagine how many average guys watching at home must have been having traumatic deja-vus about embarassing high school experiences with the cute girl in class or other events of the like. And let's not kid ourselves, when Melana saw the new pretty boys that came in halfway through, was there really any doubt at all as to the chances the average guys had? We all saw how Melana's face lit up like a freakin' Christmas tree when she saw them, and you knew the Joes would only remain as a matter of finishing the show. She knew she was gonna get rid of them, so let's keep them to make it look like she was going to give them a chance. If she had been with the pretty boys from the beginning instead, and then have three average guys come in halfway through, do you really think she would taken time away from the pretty boys so she could "get to know the new guys"? Not on your life!
I hope NBC really suffers for this (they've been in the gutter before, I didn't realize how desperate they were to be there again). I'm sure there are many guys out there now who were disturbed after watching this. And for what...ratings?? And tonight, after Melana chose pretty boy Jason as her final choice, it only proves that she was after the cute one all along, in spite of the fact that he was full of himself. I feel his pain and my heart gfoes out to him, but I'm also happy for Adam. He will definitely find someone better for him. This was supposed to be about showing that average guys had a chance to finish first, and in the end it was just another humiliating shot to anyone who might be just "average". Just another way to shoot down the real people while the pretty boys and girls have the fairy tale ending at the expense of regular people. My heart was with these guys, I could feel their emotional pain. I consider myself an average-looking good person, although I've been told on MANY MANY occasions that I'm selling myself short with that. But I still felt the same pain those joes felt. And in case you thought the first one was bad, they showed a preview of Average Joe 2, and in just a few minutes of previews the pretty boys are already showing how full of themselves they are. And wait until you see the new broad's reaction to the opening meetings.
It has been posted a few times here before, but it warrants repeating: most guys do get a bad rap for admitting they like a good-looking woman. But at least we're honest about it. We admit that physical attraction does count for something (not for everything, but it is important). Not like women like Melana who came out and said looks are not important. "Inner beauty is what counts"...my ass! If that were truly the case her face would have lit up as soon as she saw the original guys. And when she put the fat suit on, did anyone notice that, of all the things she said about it, the one thing she NEVER talked about was about how that might have shown her how the first average guys might have felt had they seen her reaction to them??
It's too bad NBC didn't pick a truly genuine woman, then they would have had a good chance of making a good show. But true to american style, let's just kick the average poeple down while they are already there.
Congrats NBC, you have shown just how low you will stoop to get your asses back afloat. Although don't be surprised if you sink faster than ever before. Congrats on making the average people know just what you really think of them.

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The Truth About Women"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-03 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

you completely state my sentiments exactly.

i didnt want adam to get the girl...i wanted an 'average joe' to get the girl...

the show just put a bigger wedge between "regular people" and shallow barbies and kens.

ps. nice to see a fellow canadian on the boards =)

12-09-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CanadianJoe Click to send private message to CanadianJoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Us Canucks have to stand up for each other too

It's amazing how NBC had us fooled right upto the episode where they brought in the pretty boys. I was actually believing that they were gonna use reality TV to give regular guys a chance to shine. And then they shot us down with the entire continent watching. Really classy, if you ask me.

Whereabouts in Canada are you? This Montrealer would like to know.

12-11-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I'm from the prairies, hows the weather out there?

=)

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The Truth About Women"

>I hope NBC really suffers for
>this (they've been in the
>gutter before, I didn't realize
>how desperate they were to
>be there again). I'm sure
>there are many guys out
>there now who were disturbed
>after watching this. And for
>what...ratings??

>Congrats NBC, you have shown just
>how low you will stoop
>to get your asses back
>afloat. Although don't be surprised
>if you sink faster than
>ever before. Congrats on making
>the average people know just
>what you really think of them.

And yet... you (and the rest of us here in this board) watched the show on NBC. A more effective protest would have been to not watch at all and click the channel to CBC or CTV.

(and hello to a fellow Canadian, I'm one of the long-term Canuckians on this site, been here for three years... welcome!)

12-09-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
40. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Another fellow Canuck...yes! Glad to connect with you, eh?

Good point about everyone watching it, but in my case I was watching Global, as I don't get NBC at home. So NBC doens't get my viewer ratings. Now even more reason to never watch it again.

CanadianJoe

strange_encounter 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strange_encounter Click to send private message to strange_encounter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Wow, do I sense a little hostility? Your entire dialog makes sense, until you fall in love with the right one. Then you are glad all the others moved out of the way so you didn't waste time with them.

Someday you'll learn that finding the right person is only half of the equation.

11-30-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I'm Sorry, but looks do matter to everyone. If you are not physically attracted to someone then you are missing a part of your equation. I am not saying that every woman thinks her ONLY ideal guy has to look like Brad Pitt or Tay Diggs, I find a wide variety of men attractive even more after a conversation. I have found very attractive men to be quite ugly after they open their mouths. Average people range in idealistic standards, for every person there is a different opinion

I am sorry that you felt you got shot down because you were broke or "average", but if you come across in public like you came across here, i feel that it may have to do more with what comes out of your mouth. Calling women Whores, and some of the phrasing you use is just plain ugly.

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Truth About Women"
My age must be showing.....who is Tay Diggs?

12-01-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Truth About Women"
He played opposite angela bassit in

"how stella got her groove back"(is that the title?)

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-03, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I agree. First of all CHILL OUT!! 2nd of all Heracane is right, how do you expect to fall in love with someone you are not attracted to? There are different things that attract two people to each other. Different people have different taste and that is just human nature, DEAL WITH IT!! Your go-to-hell attitude is probably what turned off the girls of your past! Take your Prozac, posts like that don't change anything, they just piss people off!

12-02-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Truth About Women"
My boyfriend isn't a 'model' but he has some kind of insane sexiness that drives me crazy. If you looked at him in a picture you might not think off the bat that he was really sexy but once you talk to him, his voice and his mannerisms make you melt. I used to date a really good looking guy, and he was very shallow with a personality much like Mike on the show. I left him because he and I had NOTHING in common. So I think that a guy who isn't 'model' material can come across as sexy and desirable with the right attitude and confidence. Confidence being the major word here.

ceedee 183 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ceedee Click to send private message to ceedee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Confidence is the key!"
Confidence is very very sexy! I've fallen in love with guys who didn't attract me at first - in fact my younger brothers still make fun of a couple guys I dated - from pictures they are very Joe average (with a large nose!) - but, in person they were very attractive and never had any problem getting dates due to their outgoing fun personality.

Here’s another example - take a look at a confident older European woman on a beach - her body isn't perfect, but she can still be incredible sexy because she acts like she is.

As you get to know people, they become either more attractive, or less attractive because their personality shines through. I work with a fellow who will always end up with a couple women trying to pick him up at the end of an evening – even though he’s very short and thin (think Doogie Howser). I work with another guy who is good looking, 6 ft plus, well built and so shy he has trouble carrying on any kind of conversation. It’s very interesting to watch the one guy fade into the wallpaper while the other starts charming everyone, and becoming the center of attention because he’s smart, funny, witty and very confident.

(almost time to start singing a rousing Disney song about believing in yourself here - but I'll hold myself back - barf!)

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-03, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Confidence is the key!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-03 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

LOL! First of all i agree with you whole heartedly but where did you come up with the example of an older European woman on the beach? That was kinda weird!
2nd of all i've dated someone who, at first sight, would be an average joe and i've also dated a guy that could have easily been a male model. The relationship with the AJ type guy lasted almost 2 yrs. and the hot guy (ironically named Jason) ended up stalking me for about 2 yrs after i broke up with him 3 mths. into the relationship!
Just a little warning about hot guys who still live with their parents and don't have much else to do with their time!!

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I think Melana (and women on reality shows generally) DON'T represent women as a whole. My wife, mother and sister all watch these shows are they are constantly complaining that the people who staff these shows try to get weak/complaining/bitchy women or otherwise give women as a whole bad names (for ratings of course).

I thought it was awful crude for Melena to ask the model over and over ad nauseum what his feelings were. Maybe she had mistaken him for her best girlfriend or something. I don't think most women would be so rude to nag at a guy like that about something that the guy obviously didn't care to talk about. What good is a compliment when you have to beg the other person to give it?

Can you tell I can't stand her? I didn't think it possible, but I think I found someone I dislike more than Trista.

12-02-03, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Now......from your post, I have to ask.....when you say you can't stand her, you're talking about Melana, right? Not the model.

Fat Melena 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fat%20Melena Click to send private message to Fat%20Melena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Truth About Women"
You're right about part of it, but wrong about other parts. I do believe that women and men want someone who is attractive to them. But I also know that everyone has a different definition of what "attractive" is. My (separated) husband was 5'7", had legs shorter than mine, and many people found him unattractive. I, however, found him attractive. His problem with me was that I made more money than he did. (I made less than him when we got married). I didn't have a problem with making more than him (and putting all the money into a joint account with him in control of how the money was spent) until he decided to quit working. And until he decided to blame me that I had an "easier" job than him. No man or woman, I believe, wants to support a bum...someone who expects you to work all day, take care of the child, and do the housework while he parties while he/she contributes nothing.

Since he left, I've been involved with one man. He was 6'1" and skinny by most people's definitions. Again, many people found him unattractive, but I found him attractive. He didn't have a job. That didn't bother me as long as he was trying to get a job. I found that he, too, wanted to live off of me and be a playboy while I worked and did everything. The last straw was when he started stealing from me and hocking it so he could go out.

For now, I've decided that I have enough on my plate and don't "need a boyfriend/husband". I make enough to support myself and my child without child support, alimony, or any other payments from the child's father. Once I've raised this child, I'll think about getting another in the form of a boyfriend/husband. But for now, one child is all I can handle.

12-02-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Truth About Women"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-03 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

I absolutely agree that "attractiveness" is definitely a subjective thing. It just so happens that what seems to fall into the category of "attractive" in the media, seems average to me because you see it so often.

For example, I saw a woman walking into a Home Depot yesterday that, in my opinion, was a very attractive woman. She looked just like an old girlfriend I used to date except for her hair and size. My old girlfriend actually was more of a brunette and just a bit bigger than average. When I say bigger, I don't mean she was fat, but maybe just plump. She used to worry about being fat though just like another old girlfriend of mine who actually was kind of fat. She used to get mad at me for taking her out to dinner and letting her eat desserts. I mean, what the heck am I supposed to do? If she didn't want the dessert, don't order the darn thing. It's not like I shoved it down her mouth! Well, as a matter of fact, when she used to eat, it was almost like she was shoving it down her mouth. She hardly swallowed.

I can't stand it when people eat and they don't chew their food. It just seems like parents could raise their kids better. It's not like it makes the taste of the food any better, right? Well, anyway, she used to get real mad at me for that. I eventually got tired of it and broke up with her to go out with the "not so fat plump" girlfriend, but the girlfriend who was worried about being fat (and actually was fat) accused me of not liking her because she was fat! Sheeeeesh. How can you win? It wasn't because she was fat, but because she got mad at me for letting her eat desserts! Even the not so fat girlfriend (who still thought she was fat) didn't get mad at me for that and she ate as much dessert as the fat one did!

Anyway, after that experience, I decided not to date fat girls, but NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE FAT.....just because they don't eat desserts.

12-02-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I'm sorry but that just cracked me up... you started all serious about the subject then went off on a rant about people eating. Very cute.

12-02-03, 07:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Truth About Women"
as long as I made my point.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-02-03, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I really enjoyed that post JustMe!! I think the moral to the story is that you want a girl who is comfortable with who she is. To me that is one of the most attractive thing about my husband - he is comfortable with his looks and personality. He doesn't care if someone doesn't like him, because he likes himself!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

ceedee 183 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ceedee Click to send private message to ceedee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Truth About Women"
To me that
>is one of the most
>attractive thing about my husband
>- he is comfortable with
>his looks and personality.
>He doesn't care if someone
>doesn't like him, because he
>likes himself!
>

EXACTLY!!!! (what I took many more lines to say above!). It's not rocket science, but it is an inner truth that takes a while for people to get, REALLY get, deep inside where it counts.

kryp 57 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kryp Click to send private message to kryp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Thank you Holden Caulfield. That was the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Truth About Women"
All this talk about Melena being extremely shallow... Its true to a point, but she isn't that bad. It appears to me that she fell hardest for Zack, hardly a looker. Only under the most strangest of circumstances was she able to finally see through him. If anything, it reinforces the 'girls like jerks' stereotype more than the 'girls are shallow' stereotype.

Butt_Plug 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Butt_Plug Click to send private message to Butt_Plug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Truth About Women"
C'mon people!

Most women are attracted to strength. Stong appearance, strong confidence, strong principles, strong committment, physical strength, etc.

Women love to feel protected and admired. They love to be loved, respected, and appreciated. They want to know that you'll be there for them and that they can turn to you for help, encouragement, and friendship.

Physical makeup is only PART of the equation, nevertheless you can't ignore the huge impact it has with respect to first impressions. So let's face it, these Average Joe's had to make MAJOR first impressions in order to have any chance at hookin' up with the super-hot Melena.

Sometimes REALITY BITES...

BP

12-03-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Just a clarification.....are you saying that the models had this "Stong appearance, strong confidence, strong principles, strong committment, physical strength, etc."?

Butt_Plug 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Butt_Plug Click to send private message to Butt_Plug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "This show is ALL about first impressions..."
Ummmm,

What I'm saying is what I said. This show is ALL about first impressions. These Joe's HAD to make strong first impressions. Their time with Melena was obviously limited to the point that if they didn't come across strongly they were out the door.

Case-in-point = Zach. He's the bad boy that came across strongly but didn't have what it took to sustain her interest, part of that "package" was missing. He ranted about her decision to boot him but guess what, the best way to see how somebody really behaves is to watch them with their friends! He would've been stupid to hide this from her because sooner or later it would have surfaced, much to her chagrin. Better sooner than later, right?

The qualities I listed previously (with the addition of brains) are those that have been proven to make for a strong, deep, and LASTING relationship. As it stands, Melena couldn't possibly KNOW any of these guys well enough to make a solid educated decision on what any of them really have to offer in the long term. That's where this so-called "experiment" falls way short...

BP

12-03-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
25. "RE: This show is ALL about first impressions..."
Now I understand what you're saying......and I agree with you completely.....good point.....no female likes a man who hides his friends.

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: This show is ALL about first impressions..."
You make some good points and express yourself well, but frankly it's pretty difficult to take someone named Butt_plug too seriously. Anyway . . .

At first I gave Melana a lot of credit, as she was fairly poised during a stressful situation. She treated all the AvJoes well during the first few episodes.

But the last show where she chooses Jason Shallow over Adam Truelove was the WTF moment of the night and will make AJ2 a tough sell for the audience.

However, NBC will promote the new show like the U.S. carpet-bombed Viet Nam and viewers will tune in. I predict that it will be just another thing to grumble about in 2004.

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten Sinks

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: This show is ALL about first impressions..."
"Butt_plug too seriously..."

How about:
1. Manpon (not tampon).
2. Suppository?
3. Bowel obstruction?

Anyway, who casted that jumping monkey guy on AJ2? WTF!

Ew! CyberCooties!

12-11-03, 11:00 PM (EST)
60. "RE: This show is ALL about first impressions..."
>Case-in-point = Zach. He's the bad
>boy that came across strongly
>but didn't have what it
>took to sustain her interest,
>part of that "package" was
>missing. He ranted about her
>decision to boot him but
>guess what, the best way
>to see how somebody really
>behaves is to watch them
>with their friends! He would've
>been stupid to hide this
>from her because sooner or
>later it would have surfaced,
>much to her chagrin. Better
>sooner than later, right?

First off, the way she found out about that was deceitful as well, wasn't it??? Spying on people is showing that you don't trust them, not to mention even being a bit controlling. What if she had chosen Zach and then later HE would have found out she was watching his every move? He would have left her in a heartbeat knowing she could be watching him at anytime...I know I would have left a woman like that. And Zach also had a point when he said that guys behave differently around their friends than they do with their women. Don't women do the same when with their girlfriends? Heck, many of them even share secrets that are supposed to be left with their boyfriends only. Guys know that, and I don't recall ever hearing any guys I've ever known bitching about how their girlfriends or wives might say things to the girls about them. And let's face the fact, most of the time (if not always, in some cases) if guys do or say things differently when we're with our friends it's just because we're "hanging out with the guys", and it's (again, almost always with sincere guys) never malicious or deceitful. Show me anyone, men or women, who DON'T act differently when it's the guy's or girl's night out. WE'VE ALL poked clean fun at a girlfriend's (or boyfriend if it's a woman) friend or acquaintance at one time or another...ALL OF US HAVE! There again, I don't think it's usually done in a malicious way. And, on the chance that it is deceitful or just not right, there's almost always someone in the group with a conscience who'll try to straighten them out. You mentioned that this side of Zach would have surfaced later on...what is there to come out of that that we wouldn't expect? If it's clean fun there's nothing to hide. And it did look like clean fun. In all honesty, Zach's reaction when he was booted out was very justified. At first Zach did show he was a bit of a jerk, but as time went on we saw that this was just one side of him and he started to improve on that. We saw that behind that somewhat tough exterior there was a nice guy who wasn't really malicious. If he was as bad as the show tried to make him out to be, would he have cried and been as genuinely moved as he was when Dennis was kicked out? Even with the nicer and more soft-spoken guys left (including Adam), I didn't see anyone as moved as Zach about Dennis being eliminated...he even hugged Dennis genuinely while he was crying for him. That's a lot of genuine caring feelings being exposed for a supposed tough guy and bully. A bully being moved when the "nerd" was leaving, and crying for him on top of that?? Wow, I guess some bullies must have hearts.
Another issue is the fat suit trick Melana used. Are you going to tell me that was an honest way to find out the truth? It's called trickery, and it's about as deceitful as you can get. She said she needed to know how the guys would really be like being themselves...did she ever think about how the average guys at the beginning would feel when they eventually saw how she reacted to them when the hidden camera was on her? And how would she have acted if she had known she was being watched like that? It works both ways. With that exercise, she all but admitted that this was all about HER and not about the guys. Once again, trickery backfires on her.

12-03-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Strong brains work too. =)

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-03-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Give me a man with a "Beautiful Mind" and a bank account to match, especially over a "Pretty Boy".
Valley Girl
"Oh sweetie, you know I married you for more than your money......"

12-04-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I think Stephen Hawking is still available.

12-06-03, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Truth About Networks"
"This show along with Joe millionaire have done nothing more than prove the majority of women are are shallow as men can ever be but that it's politcally incorrect to say so."

I don't think it is polically incorrect to say so. I think the majority of the people they cast as contestants may fit into your above description, but as far as national stats, its the exception and not the norm. You simply don't see decent people on these shows, so it's difficult to compare the TV people with real people.... either that or they are temporarily misguided and seduced by slimy producer types.

It definitely goes both ways, my sister was married to a money-grubbing giggalo for a few years, and he not only took control of her finances and never worked a job himself, he psychologically and physically abused her. I will never forget.

"Speaking as an ugly guy who has been struggling for years I can't tell you how many women have shot me down for being broke."

On one hand, I can understand not wanting to struggle financially. On the other hand, I usually don't discuss money on the first few dates. I just don't feel like I know him well enough to pry, and on the same token, neither does he. If we both only make 20k a year and moved in together, that would be 40k combined, and it would buy a much nicer lifestyle even with separate checking accounts.

Truth is, money usually can't talk, and I mean that literally. I've dated some low income guys who were great in the sack but we had little else in common.... they were quite lazy/unmotivated. I've met some men who are financially well off who have nothing to talk about other than work and cannot otherwise hold a conversation. Once in a great while, I'll meet someone in the middle, and it's great. It's usually uncontrollable outside forces that ruin a good thing.

"Just check out personal ads and count how many want you to have a minimum income level. Women want to work and earn as much as men then supporting a guy like we support women shouldn't be a problem."

There is a new trend among some men who want to be stay-at-home Dads - very refreshing, not even sexist, just progressive. OMG!

"And as far as the men in this show being turned off by the
fat suit I once went to a plus sized dance....."

Finally got rid of Zachass though! I don't understand Melana's difficulty with her decision about that. Oh well, that was soooo four days ago!

"JM1: ...she already had the cash there was no way she was going to stick around."

The schmos at FOX aren't stupid. They knew the probability of Zora keeping the money and not Evan was most likely. I think as of today, Fox, Evan and Zora got exactly what they wanted.

"There ARe acceptions. my girlfriend is plus sized but shes also
my soulmate. shes the sweetest most giving woman you'll ever
meet and has asked nothing from me."

"Women wise up"

Well if the sunset scene where they show Melana kissing a tall man, it looks like Adam to me.

Hope everybody gets
what they want for
Christmas!

12-09-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The Truth About Networks"
You are right on base CyberCooties. I couldn't have said it better myself. Some of you might be aware that I once had a plus-sized girlfriend. When I was in college, it didn't even matter what I looked like in high school. It's difficult enough to know what you want to do with your life when you're older, let alone when you're in school. People just don't eat the right foods anymore! They're alway in such a hurry. Naturally they're going to be out of shape. I mean, face it, the money I make now would be a fortune in the 1960s! Try and tell me that's not true! I don't care if she was good in the sack or not....it's still alot of money back then.

12-11-03, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "You can't handle the truth"
Cybercooties wrote: "This show along with Joe millionaire have done nothing more than prove the majority of women are are shallow as men can ever be but that it's politcally incorrect to say so."
I don't think it is polically incorrect to say so. I think the majority of the people they cast as contestants may fit into your above description, but as far as national stats, its the exception and not the norm. You simply don't see decent people on these shows, so it's difficult to compare the TV people with real people.... either that or they are temporarily misguided and seduced by slimy producer types.
===============
I was right with you until your train of thought jumped the tracks. The thing to remember is that being a reality show contestant is like a business transaction; each side gets what they want. The Production Company / Network gets an interesting show that people will watch and the contestant gets the possibility of a)a spouse b)cash c)fame or d)a combination of A,B and C {helllooo Trista!}.

The person who is willing to trade the intrusion into their life and some dignity is your candidate pool, not the entire nation. This is the minority fringe, not the majority.

I'd like to see the national "stats" on shallowness that you quote.

As for "slimy producers types" that you mention, I would like a list of the producers you've spoken with. I'm a Producer. I have worked in the television industry for most of my life and I could fill your apartment with hard-working, honest and intelligent Associate Producers, Producers and Executive Producers. You can look them in the eye and tell them they're slimy.

Do Writer/Producers try to increase the excitement/drama/mystery/humor and cheese factor on their shows? You bet. And the contestants are more than happy to comply. You let me know when the contestants are unwilling-- that's a little situation we like to call "kidnapping".

I realize that you were trying to respond to a previous post and quote events from your own life, but some of your sweeping statements just rubbed me the wrong way.

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten Can't Produce Carbon Dioxide

12-11-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: You can't handle the truth"
>>Do Writer/Producers try to increase the excitement/drama/mystery/humor and cheese factor on their shows? You bet. And the contestants are more than happy to comply. You let me know when the contestants are unwilling-- that's a little situation we like to call "kidnapping".<<

Roll, this brings me to a couple of questions that or slightly off topic, but I have thought about them a lot lately:

1) Melena and Jason said that they are under contract with NBC to not share certain information (and not date other people) or they will be fined a large amount of money. They say they were not compansated for their appearance on the show. How can they be held to a contract if they were never compensated?

2) It appears that Estella is not happy about her public appearances with Bob. Can it be in her contract with ABC that she has to be seen in public with him if they tell her to?

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

12-11-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
59. "The Very 1st Edition of "Ask RollDdice""
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-03 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

Chrissy gal asks: Roll, this brings me to a couple of questions that are slightly off topic, but I have thought about them a lot lately:
>
>1) Melena and Jason said that they are under contract with
>NBC to not share certain information (and not date other
>people) or they will be fined a large amount of money. They say they were not compensated for their appearance on the show.
>How can they be held to a contract if they were never compensated?

*Disclaimer- I am not an attorney and never have been. If I'm completely stumped and haven't got a clue, I will "roll the dice" and give a random answer that may or may not make you happy. If that works for you, great. If not, please call back and ask for Operator Number 7.

1) The "Non-Disclosure" agreement is a standard contract item. If either dates someone else or reveals information about the show's outcome prematurely, NBC's ratings (and ad sales) will suffer. If they didn't agree during the screening process, they would not have been considered as possible contestants.

The second part has two possibilities. They can be held to a contract if not compensated. Have you ever signed an agreement before you engaged in a dangerous activity? (Example: Whitewater rafting, you sign a contract not to sue the tour company if you're injured.) Besides, they received "something of value" for their participation-- the stay in the house/Average Bungalow and all of the activities on the dates, airfare to go visit Adam and Jason's homes, etc. I will double dog dare you that the Accounting Dept. has those expenses down to the last penny. (Wouldn't we like to see that ledger sheet?)

Also know that the NBC Legal Beagles use their words more carefully than mere mortals. M & J were not "compensated", (did not receive checks for appearing on the show), but NBC probably paid their expenses to be on the show, including rent, utilities and other services. (It's such a bummer to come home and find that you've been evicted) I also imagine they received "other consideration", namely the clothes they wore on the show and appearance fees for promotional events that took place after the show wrapped. Trust me, they did not lose money for their "love".

>2) It appears that Estella is not happy about her public
>appearances with Bob. Can it be in her contract with ABC that she has to be seen in public with him if they tell her to?

2) I'm not as familiar with The Bachelor, but the song remains the same. Bob and Estella signed an agreement to promote the show. The exact wording and the scope of that agreement is outside of my Crystal Ball, but would probably include network interview shows and promotional opportunities. She could either a) renegotiate the number of promo appearances she has to do or b) be a "bad interview" at these appearances so that she is more trouble than she's worth. What's her DAW level?

Household tip: Some Network contracts make excellent foot rests and can kill the average household shredder.

Answering stuff I know and making up the rest,

Roll

(P.S. - "Real" attorneys will probably pop up to disagree or amplify, but I've answered the question. "Nothing happening here -- move along to Friday.")

No worries ... just ask Roll

12-12-03, 00:08 AM (EST)
61. "RE: The Very 1st Edition of "Ask RollDdice""
Thank you Roll, I know you're not an attorney, but you always seem to understand some things that I do! I think I understand the whole thing better now.

Chrissy gal

12-12-03, 00:47 AM (EST)
62. "RE: The Very 1st Edition of "Ask Ddice""
I'm glad I could help.

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten Thinks Big Thoughts

12-13-03, 04:14 AM (EST)
63. "And I say this with affection..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-03 AT 04:19 AM (EST)

I was right with you until your train of thought jumped the tracks. The thing to remember is that being a
reality show contestant is like a business transaction; each side gets what they want. The Production Company / Network gets
an interesting show that people will watch and the contestant
gets the possibility of a)a spouse b)cash c)fame or d)a combination of A,B and C {helllooo Trista!}.

Did you just call me the T word?

The person who is willing to trade the intrusion into their
life and some dignity is your candidate pool, not the entire nation. This is the minority fringe, not the majority.

Yeah, they are definitely unique! I think you missed my point though, it's the contestants I'm calling into question not the rest of the nation.

I'd like to see the national "stats" on shallowness that you
quote.

Me too.

As for "slimy producers types" that you mention, I would like
a list of the producers you've spoken with. I'm a Producer. I have worked in the television industry for most of my life and I
could fill your apartment with hard-working, honest and intelligent Associate Producers, Producers and Executive Producers. You can look them in the eye and tell them
they're slimy.

Sounds good as long as they clean up after themselves!

Do Writer/Producers try to increase the excitement/drama/mystery/humor and cheese factor on their shows? You bet. And the contestants are more than happy to comply. You let me know when the contestants are unwilling-- that's a little
situation we like to call "kidnapping".

They may be adding to the excitement etc., but they don't stay true to the form. They went to the extreme with the guys they chose as average, they were below average. Truth in advertising?

I realize that you were trying to respond to a previous post and quote events from your own life, but some of your sweeping statements just rubbed me the wrong way.

Trying and achieving. Events from my own life, ummmm, okay? Rubbed the wrong way, well, usually critical statements just roll right off unless you feel guilty about something or have something to hide? Is there something you need to tell me?

Ew! CyberCooties!

12-14-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
64. "Pretzel Logic..."
>The person who is willing to
>trade the intrusion into their
>life and some dignity is your
>candidate pool, not the entire
>nation. This is the minority
>fringe, not the majority.
>
>Yeah, they are definitely
>unique! I think you missed my point though, it's
>the contestants I'm calling into question not the rest of
>the nation.

I'm talking about the contestants as well. Please read before you reply.
>
>I'd like to see the national
>"stats" on shallowness that you quote.

>
>Me too.

You refer to a statistic about contestants being more shallow than the norm. I ask you what "stats" you refer to, and you reply "Me too"? I think this took the "scalp express" over your head.
>
>They may be adding to the excitement etc., but they don't stay true to the form. They went
>to the extreme with the guys they chose as average,
>they were below average. Truth in advertising?

>
Just because the show is called "Average Joe" the producers don't have to find "average" guys. Besides, what scale are we using to determine average? If the guys weren't below average the entire show would be a yawn, and no one would watch; not even those who want "Truth in Advertising." (WTF?) And "true" to what form? These shows are trying to be more and more outrageous, not "Touched By An Angel".

I need some coffee, STAT!

12-14-03, 08:28 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Pretzel Logic... ummm, okay?"

What do you think?

Hmm, just agree to disagree,
and leave it at that.

Sounds good.

KBear 12 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KBear Click to send private message to KBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Why are you complaining if you found your soulmate?
like someone else said, you can't judge the population by a tv show. By the way, when I met my fiance I thought he worked at McDonald's and I still fell in love with him, for who he is not his looks or his money.

id 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail id Click to send private message to id Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I'll admit it. I love hot men. Always have, always will. My husband is hot and the boyfriends I had before him were hot. Average looking guys don't do it for me. If I only had the chance to be with average guys I would have stayed single.

DeCloah 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeCloah Click to send private message to DeCloah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: The Truth About Women"
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
From my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you

Kat77 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kat77 Click to send private message to Kat77 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Okay, SOMEone needs to get over his pity party. I am what a lot of people would consider a pretty girl. All the proportions - 36, 24, 36. I get hit on a lot.
But I will tell you what: I have a good job - which I work HARD at and earn my OWN money. I don't care how much money a man makes - as LONG as I know he's doing the best he can - because I DO the best I CAN! And furthermore, the man I have cared for most in my life was nothing to look at. He had curly hair which would be an afro if he grew it out, although he's white, beady small eyes, hairy (everywhere), and had a poochy stomach and a fake tooth that glows in a black light. But you know what? He is SO funny, and smart and is close with his family, best friends with his brother. So DON'T tell me pretty women are shallow! That's not always true! I would be with that man now if things had worked out!

12-10-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
42. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Obviously, it depends on the person and how much they have depended on their own looks in life. Depending on your looks to get what you want almost guarantees a shallow personality.

The woman I felt the most strongly for was not a "Melana". She was heavy-set, did not have a cute little nose, and had more hair on her arms than on her head. What hair she did have on her head she brushed up as high as she could and then plastered it with hairspray. She had a cute little birthmark on the back of her neck that wound downward and ended just above her knees. Her speech was impeded due to an overbite caused from her Dad making her open beer bottles with her mouth in front of his friends when she was a kid. She also had a small poochy stomach, but she still took pride in her appearance. She could balance a coke can on the top of that pooch and, as long as she didn't laugh, it would not move. You may say "big deal", but try and cook hamburgers out on the grill on an extremely hot day when you're sweating like crazy and trying to turn the burgers before they burn but can't find a place to put your coke. She never wore make-up or perfume although she did have her own unique aroma that always stirred up sweet memories of my childhood. It reminded me of something between popcorn and the sawdust they always used to spread near the rides at the fair that we visited each year. As a matter of fact, that's where we met. It was the best 50 cents I ever spent to get into a show.

CyndiMoose 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyndiMoose Click to send private message to CyndiMoose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Let me start by saying that I was pulling for Adam. He seems like a genuine guy, and definitely an Average Joe. I mean, he seems like the guy you want to spend time with, even just watching a movie or going to a baseball game or something. He definitely doesn't exude dollar signs. He seems like the kind of guy who would love his lady even if she gained 10 pounds after having a baby, even if she got a few wrinkles and grey hair as she aged. Jason seems superficial and high maintenance to me. He spent the day before the final elminiation working on his tan and sunning himself by the pool like a peacock. I dunno.

You can look at Melana's choice in two ways. Yes, she chose the "stud" over the Average Joe.. so looks did really count, and I agree that she seems superficial. The other side of that coin is that she's not money hungry. A gold digger would have most certainly chosen Adam for the money. A gold digger may have stayed with the Average Joe, taken him for a ride, split and taken whatever she could get. I can see however that Adam seems to have his life pretty much set, and Melana would have been stepping into a pre-existing life which isn't always easy. Jason (because of having no career and no house etc) is starting anew, and it would be easier to start a life together that way.

Speaking from personal experience, I think that both men and women are better off dating within their realm anyhow. (Hear me out before you start throwing sticks at me!) I am an Average Jane. About 12 years ago, I met a very attractive and personable guy. He wanted to date me, and I remember staying awake nights trying to figure out why this "stud" wanted to be with me. I decided to just let it be, and we dated and eventually married. Throughout the whole relationship, I never felt "good enough" for him. I wasnt pretty enough, skinny enough, funny enough, smart enough.. it's a horrble feeling. We had 2 great kids.. and it ended up (as I learned after the fact) that the Above Average Joe I married cheated on me for pretty much the entire marriage with many Above Average Janes. He ended up leaving me and his kids for a life of beautiful women and to be "Good Time Charlie". I am currently dating an Average Joe and am much happier. My Average Joe doesn't have his life together like Adam does. He works for less than $10 an hour in a retail store and physically, hes pretty much the opposite of what I would consider "ideal". But he's a great guy, has a great personality and I am very happy with him.

Back to the big picture. What has this season of AJ taught the viewers? Well, lets see... looks are more important than everything else. Eventhough Adam (and I don't think he's bad looking at all) has everything else: Great personality, good job, finacially secure, caring, loving, romantic, etc... he didn't get the girl in the end because the other guy was better looking. In essence, all of the Average Joes out there (and there are far more "Adams" than there are "Jasons") are pretty much screwed. No matter how hard you work to make a good life for yourself, you will never get the "trophy wife" because you aren't on the cover of GQ.

Wake up ladies! In my book, the Average Joe is a much better choice than Mr. GQ! My single friend will all say "Where are all the good men out there? Men are all jerks!" and it's such a bum wrap because in all honesty, the ones that are really good looking usually have lousy personalities or huge huge attitudes. The ones we look past because they aren't "Jason" are usually the really great caring guys.

This works both ways as well. Us Average Janes get the shaft too by men who pass us by looking for "Melana". The above theory works both ways. The really attractive women generally are high maintenance, superficial and have attitudes as big as all outdoors.

It really is too bad that we have to see what's outside before we learn about the person inside.

C.A. Moose

12-10-03, 02:22 PM (EST)
45. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Not sure I would use the term "stud" for Jason.

12-11-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
53. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Justme - my sentiments exactly!

Cyndimoose (interesting name lol) - I know what you mean. I really believe that in the Average Joe situation, if Melana had picked Adam, she would have eventually fell in love with him and found him attractive. People grow on you after a while. And you can find beauty in someone after being with them, if the are nice and wonderful to you. Whereas, someone that you might have found attractive in the beginning can become ugly if they are jerks/witches.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Amen sister!

12-11-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
56. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Ego agreed with me.....Ego agreed with me.....Ego agreed with me.....

12-10-03, 06:05 PM (EST)
46. "RE: The Truth About Women"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-03 AT 04:32 AM (EST)

Welcome CyndiMoose. A very nice analysis of the Jason/Adam dynamic on Average Joe.

I think the best solution would be a new Fox Reality Show called "Bun in the Oven". It would put Jason/Melana together in a small Manhattan apartment on the seventh floor during the winter. They would pack Melana up in a pregnancy suit to simulate her last few weeks. Then labor, the "delivery" and bringing the baby home. The Fox property department then supplies a real newborn.

Let's see what they have to talk about when they're cleaning baby poop off the walls and trying to stop the screaming. Now that's Reality.

(Pitched with a load of respect and admiration for Coconut/Babynut and all other RTW peeps who are preggers.)
Edited to include Bebo the Fabulous.

Survivor 7: Jon Drinks and Osten's a Big Baby

12-10-03, 06:30 PM (EST)
47. "RE: The Truth About Women"
>>Let's see what they have to talk about when they're cleaning baby poop off the walls and trying to stop the screaming. Now that's Reality.<<

I'll bet Bebo would gladly do the summary for that show!

Chrissy gal

Carybobski 49 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carybobski Click to send private message to Carybobski Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: The Truth About Women"
There sure is a lot of sterotyping going on here.

A woman who is beautiful and also happens to be shy, is always going to be thought of as a snobbish bit**.

As far as I'm concerned, Bob the Bachelor was most definitely an "average joe" and look how all those women went ape sh** over him.

While I enjoyed Adams's personality, I seriously doubt that I would have been physically attracted to him. There was something about the way he spoke that seemed as if he might always get a bit of his spittle on your face. You guys know I'm right!!

12-11-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: The Truth About Women"
I agree, Carybobski. LOTS of stereotyping.
I would have taken Adam over Jason anyday. I'd just were a shield over my face, you know.
There was something about Zach that I found attractive. It probably was the jerk thing. I've been guilty of that in the past.
Is there a "The Truth About Men" post?

Carybobski 49 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carybobski Click to send private message to Carybobski Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: The Truth About Women"
If there isn't a "Truth About Men" post, there ought to be. I don't particularly enjoy reading "the majority of women are hypocrites and lazy whores".

12-11-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
51. "RE: The Truth About Women"
Yeah, I may be a lazy hypocrite but I am Not a whore.
Just kidding. (I'm not lazy either )

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •