The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not Impressed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

muzman 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-25-07, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail muzman Click to send private message to muzman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not Impressed"
I am NOT impressed by Big Brother's inability to yet produce a show that is fair to ALL participants. I would say that Chicken George in the All Star show gave us the best example of how patheticly organized the Big Brother show really is.

Those of you who watched the Big Brother All Star show will likely recall how more than once Chicken George said things like "Thank you for letting me stay this long." Another words... Chicken George basicly knew he wasn't winning the game and that his time in the house was based on the grace of other game participants.

Now I just have to ask. How is it a fair game to ALL particpants when at any given time in the game a person's continueing particpation in the game is solely based on another particants permission? Think about that for a moment. Did Chicken George throughout his complete stay in the house have an even opportunity to win the game as all the other particants he currently shared the house with? Was the opportunity for Chicken George to stay 1 week longer based on the game itself and its competitions, POVs, etc. or did Chicken George pretty much have to ask the Evil Dr. Wil for permission to stay longer? How many other people basicly needed the Evil Dr.'s permission to stay longer? How many of "you" think thats fair?

But lets forget that patheticness for a moment. Lets take a closer look at the competitions. Aren't they the most useless fraction of the show? Does anyone on the show actually participate competitively in these competitions? I have completely lost count of the people who "throw" the competitions, like the Evil Dr. Wil, who has no more interest in the competitions than the man on the moon. And no wonder. Consider the HOH competition. After competing really hard i'm jumping up and down as I am the new HOH. Now here's what is going to happen. I am going to pick 2 people to realize that I am trying to kick them out of the game, basically having them not like me very much. Then, I will watch as the POV take one of them off the Chopping Block as a force against me next week, forcing me to single out yet a third person to get mad at me who ultimately gets evicted because the Evil Dr. Wil says so as he has all the votes controlled and decides solely who stays and who goes each week, leaving in the house the two primary nominees I selected to begin with. Ok, why again did I want to be HOH?

The title of the show shouldn't be "Big Brother". It should be "Alliance of 4". As soon as you walk in the door find 3 other people who will join you in an alliance and presto, everyone else in the house will need your permission to stay. And of course, you will give it to them for a while. Then they have to go. From day #1, or day #2 if your slow at creating alliances, everyone's elses fair chance of winning the game goes flying right back out that door they just got done entering. And in the end, you have a group of people who should be quoting Chicken George as he said "i'm just thankful I was allowed to stay this long".

Once again, I am NOT impressed by Big Brother's inability to yet produce a show that is fair to ALL participants. I think "Big Brother" should be rewritten so that it fairly represents ALL participants in the game for the complete duration of the particpants stay in the house, or be cancelled, taken off the air, and completely shut down.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07       
   RE: Not Impressed   mrc     07-25-07     1  
     RE: Not Impressed   nailbone     07-25-07     3  
         RE: Not Impressed   mrc     07-25-07     4  
   RE: Not Impressed   Snidget     07-25-07     2  
     RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     6  
         RE: Not Impressed   Snidget     07-25-07     7  
             RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     8  
                 RE: Not Impressed   Snidget     07-25-07     9  
                     RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     11  
                 RE: Not Impressed   mrc     07-25-07     10  
                     RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     12  
                         RE: Not Impressed   Snidget     07-25-07     13  
                             RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     14  
                         RE: Not Impressed   nailbone     07-25-07     15  
                             RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     16  
                                 RE: Not Impressed   nailbone     07-25-07     17  
                                     RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     18  
                                         RE: Not Impressed   FishWoman     07-25-07     23  
                                     RE: Not Impressed   JoshInSGV     07-25-07     19  
                                         RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     20  
                                             RE: Not Impressed   JoshInSGV     07-25-07     21  
                                             RE: Not Impressed   muzman     07-25-07     22  
                                             RE: Not Impressed   MandyM     07-25-07     24  
   RE: Not Impressed   Glow     07-25-07     5  
   I'm Not Impressed with this reasoni...   michel     07-25-07     25  
     RE: I'm Not Impressed with this rea...   JoshInSGV     07-26-07     26  
   RE: Not Impressed   Shannonh2007     07-26-07     27  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •