The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

nicalai 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-14-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicalai Click to send private message to nicalai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
I didn't watch the game, but I heard on the radio that her performance was awful, she didn't remember some of the words too...did anyone watch?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? dirtysouth 07-14-04 1
   RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? nicalai 07-14-04 2
 RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? strid333 07-14-04 3
 RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? BennyBoy 07-15-04 4
 RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? Big Al 07-15-04 5
 RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? SDyer777 08-07-04 6
   RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? Noble Crusader 08-07-04 8
       RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? Patience10 08-08-04 9
 RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? Noble Crusader 08-07-04 7
   RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? GinaVendetti 08-09-04 10
 RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem? callalilly3000 08-09-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dirtysouth 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-14-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirtysouth Click to send private message to dirtysouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
You can see the entire performance on MLB.com. I think she almost said "land" when she was supposed to say "ramparts"(sp). She played it off and it came out sounding like "lamparts". I thought overall it sounded well and she got a good reaction from the crowd.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

nicalai 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-14-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nicalai Click to send private message to nicalai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
thanks, i will go there and check it out. the radio station made it like she sounded so bad.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-14-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
I watched it and thought it was pretty lame. Part of why I didn't like it was that there seemed to little to no breath control. Oh say (breath) can you (breath) see (breath) by the dawn's (breath) early light (breath). When I type it like that, it doesn't look right, does it? At least she stayed in tune (which is more than you could say for Tamyra on the AI finale).

I'm just glad she didn't sing the Canadian anthem (or did she and the Major League just chose to ignore us by failing to put it on the website?). It annoys me how these "big stars" (Fantasia isn't the only one I've seen do the same thing) don't have the breath control to get through an entire phrase.

Three is the perfect number.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-15-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
I didn't see it but here is my impression...

"Or the land of the yeah yeah yeah FREE and the home of the yeehayehayehayah BRAVE, yeah yeah yeah chyeah"

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-15-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
Was she wearing a bra?

SDyer777 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-07-04, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SDyer777 Click to send private message to SDyer777 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
I thought her performance was heartfelt and very, very competent, technically. The Star Spangled Banner is an extremely difficult song. I thought she sang it very well, emotionally and personal, but also with respect. Bravo Fantasia!

Noble Crusader 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-07-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Noble%20Crusader Click to send private message to Noble%20Crusader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
<The Star Spangled Banner is an extremely difficult song.

It is?? I am by no means a singer. Even I can sing the star spangled banner!! I'm starting to thing that this so-called "American Idol winner" is not much better than William Hung.

Patience10 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Patience10 Click to send private message to Patience10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
Noble:

Based on what you said you are blessed with the cords to sing a song that several professional singers have said is one of the more difficult ones to sing. Great for you! But to discount that it is a hard one to nail makes me wonder! The William Hung comparison, is quite a far stretch. Fantasia will do fine. She wasn't my first choice, but she definitely has a unique and very good singing voice. Each to his own opinion.

Noble Crusader 30 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Noble%20Crusader Click to send private message to Noble%20Crusader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
<I didn't watch the game, but I heard on the radio that her <performance was awful, she didn't remember some of the words <too...did anyone watch?

Not only is Fantasia ugly as sin with a horrible nasal voice, she is also to dimwitted to remember the words to the star spangled banner. What a deserving and worthy winner of American Idol 3, NOT!!!

GinaVendetti 48 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GinaVendetti Click to send private message to GinaVendetti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-04 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

Fantasia is very beautiful. Why would you say shes ulgy as Sin? Just Tell ME WHY?

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-09-04, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fantasia - All Star Anthem?"
In this weeks TV Guide.... August 8-14 issue

http://www.tvguide.com

Cheers and Jeers

Cheers to Fantasia Barrino for her goose-bump inducing rendition of the national athem at the Major Leaque Baseball All-Star Game. (Ruben Studdard's "God Bless America" wasn't bad either.) Oh, say, can you see how many copies of this song Fantasia could sell if she released it as a single?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

That about sums it up for me!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •