The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Date Doctor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-10-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Date Doctor"
Do you think that learning how to flirt and attract a man is what these women need to learn? I mean, look at Lisa1. She could flirt like a son of a gun, and I'm sure could get men to sleep with her, but what does that accomplish?

Most women know how to flirt and talk to people. What women need to know (some of these women in particular)is how to size up a guy that you are dating, learn if the two of you are compatible, if he is a nice, quality guy, etc. Then, take it to the next level and learn what a healthy relationship is and how to get beyond flirting and dating and get one. More like the stuff Dr. Phil does.

Many of the women in the SO house have no idea what a healthy, intimate relationship is (their parents didn't have one), and flirting won't help.

I seem to remember the Date Doctor doing more productive work with a housemate last year. Does anybody else recall this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Date Doctor beckettrep 02-11-06 1
   RE: The Date Doctor lovemydogdude 02-12-06 2
       RE: The Date Doctor SeasonedRefinement 02-12-06 3
           RE: The Date Doctor lovemydogdude 02-12-06 4
           RE: The Date Doctor SOfan0221 02-13-06 5
   RE: The Date Doctor eire_heart74 02-13-06 6
   RE: The Date Doctor jeana28 02-13-06 11
   RE: The Date Doctor MLP4evr 02-14-06 12
 RE: The Date Doctor OklaBlue 02-13-06 7
   RE: The Date Doctor SOFANinGA 02-13-06 8
   RE: The Date Doctor lovemydogdude 02-13-06 10
       RE: The Date Doctor OklaBlue 02-14-06 13
 RE: The Date Doctor susang 02-13-06 9
   RE: The Date Doctor sharebear18_2000 02-14-06 14
 RE: The Date Doctor maryellennaco 02-16-06 15
 RE: The Date Doctor redsoxfan 02-17-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-11-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Date Doctor"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-06 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

I, personally, think they should leave all this 'man stuff' and dating stuff alone and stick to the issues. They are in a house where they can't even watch tv but can take time out to go on dates (fake as they may be). These LC are constantly giving the impression that a woman MUST have a man in her life to be validated - what kind of skewed thinking is that???

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-12-06, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Date Doctor"
Couldn't agree more Pixel and Beck..and you're right..if they were going to "go there" it seems they should be given more serious advice..the Dating Doctor is a joke. What the women need is relationship advice..I don't think any of them needed to be taught how to flirt. Ridiculous to invest time in such hogwash.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-12-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Date Doctor"
I'm trying to figure out which member of the SO staff is related to Dr. Love. It would have to be nepotism that got him that spot on the show, no?

Would you take dating advice from him? I think he makes the women look like love-starved predators. Any woman can get a date (if she's not picky). Why not focus on how to weed through the losers, not just attract more of them. Jodi making "bedroom eyes" at strangers who happen to stop at a cafe? Great advice, Dr. Love.

02-12-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Date Doctor"
Hmmm never though about how he even got that spot on the show..you're probably right that he's related to someone. I think he's aweful and that he gives advice aimed at desperate woman. Especially as far as Jill and Jodie's session goes..he even encouraged them to feel free to pursue men who were sitting with another woman in a cafe (for example) this seemed so wrong to me.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-13-06, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Date Doctor"
I agree SR. When he had Jodi and Jill out to the little cafe doing their enter routine I bout died. They have so much more to work on than trying to attract a man.

BUt he sure is getting his face on SO a lot this season.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Date Doctor"
These LC are constantly giving
>the impression that a woman
>MUST have a man in
>her life to be validated
>- what kind of skewed
>thinking is that???

Thank you for saying that!!!! It's so true. No man is going to want to date any of these chicks without having their issues resolved. The LCs insult millions of their viewers by making it sound that the most important part of this "process" is learning how to date and flirt.

How about self esteen building? How about healing old wounds that still sting and affect every aspect of their lives? Learning how to chat a guy up while still a mess, not a good idea!!

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-13-06, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Date Doctor"
I agree.. lets focus on taking care of that person instead of pushing them out on date.. if they dont like themselves, how on earth are they gonna like anyone else? This could lead to false hopes to any future houseguests who think they are gonna get on the show just to get a date..
For example, Susan (season 1) did NOT want to work on her dating,she kept telling Rhonda this is not what she wanted. she wanted to work on her past, finding her dad.. But Rhonda insisted she went out on date. It seemed like thats all Brenda did... ( maybe that was her goal? i dont remember exactly)is go out on dates. Maybe Rhonda has no dating life, so shes living vicariously thru the HG?

MLP4evr 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-14-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MLP4evr Click to send private message to MLP4evr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Date Doctor"
100% agree , these gals need to learn to stand on their own two feet, without a romantic relationship! How about the LCs advising the single HGs to examine why they feel they need a partner?

Relationships can be wonderful. But CHOOSING to be single can also be, IMO, a perfectly healthy and rewarding option, especially for the HGs who need to become whole people before seeking a relationship!

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Date Doctor"
Wouldn't you think the women could learn more from a successful female flirt who actually gets men's attention? Like an Eva Longoria, or Tyra Banks...? Of course they have bodies to die for, that MUST be a requirement...LOL. Okay, then, Kirstie Alley, she's normal size.

Or at least from a man who women love to flirt with, like maybe a George Clooney or (fill in the blank)?

There's something weird or tacky about getting that advice from that guy. It's more like his fantasy being acted out. "If you could have a woman flirt with you, what would turn you on?"

Better from a successful women, IMO. (Not an SO graduate, please)

SOFANinGA 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-13-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOFANinGA Click to send private message to SOFANinGA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Date Doctor"
LOL! Yeah it was like hanging a greasy pork chop in front of a starving dog! He really looked like he was going to wet himself.
Maybe the Love Doc is IV's unwanted step-child?
The Love Doc is tacky & has got to go!

02-13-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Date Doctor"
I agree Blue..there's just something about him?..George Clooney would be great but probably way too distracting LOL Good idea about having a woman..this would make more sense..I think Queen Latifa would be more appropriate

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Date Doctor"
Queen L would be great! And she's lost weight too!

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-13-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Date Doctor"
I would like to see more emphasis on (relevant) job counseling/training. IMO, this is more important and practical than dating. But then, I feel this way as I was laid off from a top university after many years of service.

sharebear18_2000 106 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharebear18_2000 Click to send private message to sharebear18_2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Date Doctor"
There is something about the Date Doctor thats just darn creepy. I dont know if he seems gay ? If I were any kind of expert in dating, etc, I'd make sure Jodi NEVER EVER "devours" anyone with her eyes again , ICKY !

Official RTVW SO Boards Brown Noser since January 2006

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Date Doctor"
With some of the stuff the "Date Doctor" comes up with, you have to wonder.... Gee, how many "dates" has the guy been on lately?? JMHO

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Date Doctor"
Last season. Bethany was sent to a dating expert. I can't remember if it was this season's "Date Doctor" or someone else. His advice was much better, though. Being sexy meant being approachable. And, real. It had nothing to do with "sexy" clothes or having sex. And, he didn't suggest flirting. He emphasized having fun. And being fun to be with.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •