The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Show E9 Preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-29-01, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Show E9 Preview"
Text (courtesy of OkieLoki on ss ezboard):

Jane Clayson: Tonight on Survivor the Tribal Council is back in action, but before anybody gets booted from the Outback the contestants will face one of their toughest obstacles yet.
(Flyover view of obstacle course)
Probst: Today's challenge is the biggest one yet. A helicopter's gonna land at Barrimundi Beach, and take you to one of the seven wonders of the world: the Great Barrier Reef...
(Liz: Oh my gosh...)
(Tina: Ohhh...)
Probst: ...where you you'll go snorkeling in the clear blue water and you'll be treated to a great lunch. The challenge is an obstacle course. You and your partner must stay together. There will be three heats with two teams competing. It's simple elimination. If you win you advance, if you lose you're out.

Vidclips (courtesy of Aja):

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Show E9 Preview LIZZLOVER 03-29-01 1
 RE: Early Show E9 Preview zola 03-29-01 2
   Excellent analysis AyatollahKhomeini 03-29-01 3
   RE: Early Show E9 Preview Play2Survive 03-29-01 5
       RE: Early Show E9 Preview MadforMadDog 03-29-01 7
       RE: Early Show E9 Preview dangerkitty 03-29-01 8
           RE: Early Show E9 Preview Play2Survive 03-29-01 13
   RE: Early Show E9 Preview Bungler 03-29-01 9
       RE: Early Show E9 Preview Play2Survive 03-29-01 14
   RE: Early Show E9 Preview ItzLisa 03-29-01 11
   SB virgin George Tirebiter 03-29-01 12
 Gumbel on vacation dangerkitty 03-29-01 4
   RE: Gumbel on vacation Play2Survive 03-29-01 6
   Taking the HEAT (credit)... SurvivinDawg 03-29-01 10
 RE: Early Show E9 Preview wendyp 03-29-01 15
   RE: Early Show E9 Preview Play2Survive 03-29-01 16
       RE: Early Show E9 Preview PepeLePew13 03-29-01 17
 Another newbie here checking out Am... anotherkim 03-29-01 18
   RE: Another newbie here checking ou... Loree 03-29-01 19
       RE: Another newbie here checking ou... bondt007 03-29-01 20
 Jane Clayson's ghost? BIGsurvivor 03-29-01 21
 There's the pink water hazard I was... IceCat 03-29-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-01, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
Thanks, AK! Well, at least now we know how the race is ran. I assume they draw from a hat for teams (hopefully Jerri's b.itching won't prevail), because why would Tina choose to run with the slower Rodger? Unless of course, that is what Keith means when he talks about "sacrificing and Ogawhore".

zola 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-29-01, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zola Click to send private message to zola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
This is my first post, mostly beacuase everything I've had to say has been covered by others.

Here's my analysis of the reward challange based on the pics from both previews.

Based on the info above, we can assume that the pics at http://www.survivorfever.net show one of the first two heats, as it is very unlikely that Roger's team makes it past the first round. Now who is that racing agains Roger and Tina?

We know that the guy must be Colby, based on the bandana on the head. The only other possibility would have been Keith but he is shown above with his bandana around his neck. The girl is either Amber or Jerri. BAsed on the pictures above, and on Survivor Fever, I think it is safe to say it must be Jerri. In the pictures above it looks like amber has her hair in pony tail, while Jerri's is in a bun. In the pictures on Survivor fever it clearly shows that Colby's partner has her hair in a bun. As well, in the cargo net slide pic, the hair at the bottom of the screen is curly like Jerri's not straight like Amber's.

So we know that Jerri and Colby must either win or come in second, so their is a 50/50 chance that they won. Now who might their opponents be?

The possibilities would seem to be Liz and Keith, Nick and Amber, Liz and Nick, or Keith and Amber. I'm willing to bet that they kept the pairings to opposite tribe members as much as possible, however they were forced to have at least two ogakores be partners, which lead to Jerri's insistence on being with Colby. Why try to keep opposite tribe members together, because they have already shown to be feircly loyal to their tribe, this would make for the best T.V. and might also stir things up a bit. They still could have drawn the names out of a hat, i.e. each Kucha picks an ogakor from the hat, each ogakore picks a Kucha from the hat.

I'm guessing that the other two teams are Nick and Amber and Keith and Liz. Based on this, I think Keith and Liz win (because Nick may still be sick) and face Colby and Jerri in the final. However Colby and Jerri likely did not have to go all out in order to beat Tina and Roger so they are more rested, and as a result win the final.

This coincides with the pictures of them licking their fingers as if they are eating something other than rice.

Thoughts, comments, flames.....go ahead.

Now if only we knew something about the IC.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Excellent analysis"
Great work, zola. I agree completely with your analysis. Nice to have you with us.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
Welcome Zola. Thanks for the strong analyisis.

I agree that the four people starting the race are Jerri (because of the hair), Colby, Rodger and Tina. However, I'm leaning toward believing that these are not partners but competitors. In other words, these four will run the obstacle course, while their partners wait on the other end. The partner will then complete the course in reverse. The first one back wins. This makes much more sense to me than a course where partners must run together. But who knows?

But if this is true, the partners must be as follows:

Colby: Amber or Liz
Jerri: Nick or Keith
Rodger: Amber of Liz
Tina: Nick or Keith

So maybe Jerri objects so vehemently because she was paired up with her nemisis Keith. The tribe does NOT let her have her way (I mean really, why would they?) So the pairings are: Keith and Jerri, Tina and Nick, Rodger and Liz, Colby and Amber.

Of course this is all speculation, but say Jerri and Keith actually win - wouldn't that be a kicker. Then Keith's "sacrifice an Ogakor" comment may fit in nicely with one showing up the other. I doubt this scenario - more likely that a team wins RC and then the two face each other in an IC heat. We shall see.

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-01, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MadforMadDog Click to send private message to MadforMadDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
P2S,
The RC can't be the way you propose. Here are the comments from AK's post.

Probst: ... You and your partner must stay together. ....

So they are running the thing together so you can not take off and leave your partner.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-01, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
However,
>I'm leaning toward believing that
>these are not partners but
>competitors. In other words,
>these four will run the
>obstacle course, while their partners
>wait on the other end.
> The partner will then
>complete the course in reverse.
> The first one back
>wins. This makes much
>more sense to me than
>a course where partners must
>run together.

Hi P2S,

Only problem with this is, JP says "You and your partner must stay together".

Your way does make more sense! But I guess they are trying to equalize the speed/strength/youth factor or something. And no doubt, throw something into the mix to create yet more conflict and showings of friendships etc. (sounds like it worked!)

BTW thanks for your comments on my other post.

03-29-01, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
AHHHH, thanks for pointing that out. Somehow I missed that quote from JP. Hmmmm, now I've got to reevaluate.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-29-01, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
I've bounced back and forth on this several times today, but I really think that's Amber racing with Colby, not Jerri. If you're able to watch the higher speed preview on the Australian site (which SurvivorFever/paratrooper's caps come from), you can see the female runner's ponytail swing just a little bit. I think Amber's hair is more likely to swing and Jerri's more likely to bounce.

That's REALLY splitting hairs, and it doesn't get anybody any closer to who actually WINS the reward challenge, but I think the pairs are Rodger/Tina, Colby/Amber, Keith/Jerri, and Nick/Lis.

03-29-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
If your pairings are correct, I am inclined to believe that Nick/Liz would win. Remember "Liz is great at challenges," and one upping the other in IC (meaning one of them wins) would get me one step closer to seeing how Rodger could become the target. I still believe the only way Rodger is the target is if Liz wins immunity and Ogie is intent on breaking up the twosome. Still too far a stretch for me though.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-29-01, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
Hi, Zola! Welcome to the boards!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-29-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "SB virgin"
>This is my first post, mostly beacuase everything I've had to say has been covered by others.

>Thoughts, comments, flames.....go ahead.

Thoughts? Comments? How 'bout if I express delight--lately, those single-digit posters have really gotten on my nerves, but you seem to have fully-functioning grey matter! With so little to work with this season, I suspect genuinely thoughtful contributions will be helpful in sorting out the mess--and this week feels like one of the more frustrating, to me!

(Sorry--didn't mean to take over the "unofficial greeter" duties. . .is that your job, ebug?)

GT

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Gumbel on vacation"
Thanks AK! I saw the show also.

Whoever on the board who's been predicting heats for the RC, good job!

So...Gumbel is on vacation! Any chance that he is avoiding Jerri?! (dare I hope?) He certainly hates her. But would he actually know beforehand that she is the one? Would he rather avoid than confront and/or pretend to be civil? Am I desperate for clues??

IMHO, the later it goes in the game, the less chance for Jerri to go, since the others will see that she would be the ideal final 2 opponent. The Alicia friendship to me signals that she must go soon. Alicia left the game disliking her, and Mitchell is the only one who would defend her at the ranch at this point.

Once again, I'm afraid I am collecting clues because they point to Jerri.

dk

03-29-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Gumbel on vacation"
Kitty,

This is exactly my reasoning for veru firmly believing that Jerri leaves either this week or next. If she stays any further, the remaining players will keep her around and vote off their competitors - and the Alicia spoiler carries a lot of weight to me.

We shall see.
P2S

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-01, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Taking the HEAT (credit)..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

>Whoever on the board who's been predicting heats for the RC, good job!

Thank you, dangerkitty. That was me suggesting that the race was in heats. (Yes, some trumpet-tooting here )

I just hope I'm right about the rest of it.

Edited for emoticons and grammar.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
Who is the person in the last picture? Nobody is in an orange jacket and the face does not look like anyone. Is it just to throw us off? Could they be given orange jackets to get in the helicopter?

I am confused this week. Hopefully next week we will have more.

03-29-01, 02:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
Wendyp,

As far as I can see, that's Monica Lewinsky with her hair bleeched. If not Monica, it's definitely not anyone on the show. What is going on? That's so strange. Could it just be a fade into some reporter on whatever station it was recorded from?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Early Show E9 Preview"
It's a fade to Jane Clayson, the host of CBS Early Show. Sorry to dash any conspiracy theories there...

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Another newbie here checking out Amber vs. Jeri in the pics......M"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 03:53 PM (EST)

I have only posted a couple of times but have lurked for weeks. Love the board and all the info.

Anyway--I have looked at those pics of them running the race until I am crossed-eyed, but it looks like Amber to me--check out her clothes in the pictured from today and those in the challenge pics. Khaki, baggy shorts and a tank--very close to those in the running pic. The shorts look identical in length and in style. Also, Jerri's hair doesn't lie flat like Amber's and the person with Colby is either wearing a bandana on her head or must be Amber.

Plus, I cannot imagine anyone in that group allowing Jerri to pick a partner. If it is up to the tribe, then they will draw straws and she will further show herself to be the b*tch she is. Maybe she got lucky and drew Colby, but I still think it looks like Amber.

Thanks for all the fabulous info here--I am spending way more time on this show than I dreamed possible.

**edited to make B*tch program-friendly!

Kim

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Another newbie here checking out Amber vs. Jeri in the pics......M"
I agree with anotherkim. It looks more like Amber to me than Jerri. In fact if Amber gets paired with Colby that could cause part of the problem between Amber and Jerri. Plus if Jerri is left behind (because Colby and Amber win) would anyone talk to her? It could be a lonely night for Jerri.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-29-01, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Another newbie here checking out Amber vs. Jeri in the pics......M"
Check out the new thread titled "RC"... it goes over some of this same info.

BIGsurvivor 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-29-01, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BIGsurvivor Click to send private message to BIGsurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Jane Clayson's ghost?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

Now how did Ms. Clayson's ghost get into the outback to loom over the obstacle course.(see last vidcap above). Or perhaps it is a hologram. It must be to scare the competitors so that only the bravest "survive". I know I would be too scared to compete.
heh.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "There's the pink water hazard I was talking about"
Some people wouldn't believe me when I said the Amber falling into water pic was on land... not in the river.

I now pause to feel vindicated...

Ah... that's better

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •