The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-10-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
"You don't know me well enough to be snottin' on my jacket!" HELLO this woman just shared her horrific story about the therapist when she was young who told her she was seducing her father...how significanly that impacted her life..that she has a very difficult time hugging, can't give love, can't receive love.

I was surprised she even agreed to accept a hug from Rhonda at that time let alone Iyanla. IV pulled her head to her bosom as she always does, than makes this comment!? I found it off the wall inappropriate. If they're trying to make her comfortable with giving/receiving love and this is the very first thing she says to her!? WTF

At least they gave her the respect she deserved while she told her story..no fainting off the couch drama, no yelling, no interuptions, this was good. In fact the whole thing, I felt, went very well until THIS.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
   RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... ashoka 02-10-06 2
       RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... shawnar 02-10-06 3
           RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... OklaBlue 02-10-06 4
               RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... Zoey 02-10-06 5
                   RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... SOfan0221 02-10-06 10
                       RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... frittslpn1 02-12-06 15
 RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... aovercomer 02-10-06 6
   RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... EMTBGRL 02-10-06 7
 RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... Ijustsharted 02-10-06 8
   RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... lovemydogdude 02-10-06 9
       RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... moonwick1 02-11-06 11
           RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... beckettrep 02-11-06 12
               RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... lovemydogdude 02-11-06 13
       RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... trikelady 02-11-06 14
           RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... SeasonedRefinement 02-13-06 16
               RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... lovemydogdude 02-13-06 17
               RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... tac_2 02-13-06 18
                   RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... SeasonedRefinement 02-14-06 19
                       RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... lovemydogdude 02-14-06 20
 RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... newgirl1 02-14-06 21
   RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... OklaBlue 02-14-06 22
   RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... jeana28 02-14-06 23
 RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a ... Little Blimp 02-14-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ashoka 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-10-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashoka Click to send private message to ashoka Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I am right there with you LMDD. It took a few seconds for IV's snotty comment to register and then I thought, what a horrible thing to do. I also agree that today seemed like a kinder gentler LC experience than we have been used to. Maybe they are just so glad Lisatwit is gone, they were feeling generous? Well, kinder and gentler right up to the snottiness from Iguana.I was surprised that Rhonda asked Kelly if she wanted to hug her rather than force Kelly to give her a hot oil rub down right there like I was expecting.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-10-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I was glad that they let her tell her story without jumping all over her. i think its because she was pretty forethcoming with her problems not trying to sugarcoat them. I did notice IV's face the whole time she seemed to be bored. Her snotty nose comment was weird but I think she was trying to lighten the mood.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-10-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
IV just doing her "great spiritual mother" thing again. I was surprised at the way she grabbed Kelly's head and pulled her close, not very sensitive to the facts Kelly just put out about not being able/wanting to touch others. I bet she was pulling back while IV was pressing her head forward.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I think Iyanla'a comment was another way of saying - "See, you let me hug you, it wasn't so awful, was it? You got through it".

I thought it was thoughtful when Rhonda and Iyanla asked her if it was ok to hug her, rather than bombard her with a physical violation - of sorts.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-10-06, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I also liked that they didn't make fun of her, Iyanla fake faint, Rhonda laugh and giggle and hide behind her hand.

I also felt it was Iyanla's way to lighten the mood, plus she really doesn't know her well enough to snot all over her jacket. lol If I were Kelly and Iyanla told me that it would defiantely lighten the mood.

I liked how one other poster called it 'Iyanla's Mother Earth' routine. lol too funny and too true.

frittslpn1 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-12-06, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frittslpn1 Click to send private message to frittslpn1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I agree with you, I felt it was just a joke. Actually I laughed at home. JMHO

aovercomer 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-10-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aovercomer Click to send private message to aovercomer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I thought it was the appropriate thing to ask if she would like a hug. I felt that Rhonda's hug was less meaningful than IV. I thought IV just wanted her to feel loved and safe and gave her more of an embrace. I did not notice any resistance from Kelly. As for the snottin' comment. I felt that was a way to lighten the somber mood after only being there briefly and spilling her story. I didn't feel it was cold. I thought it was IV trying to make her smile.

I got the idea that Iyanla and Rhonda were not getting along which may be why she acted distant from the conversation. I noticed that when they were walking in that IV held the door/curtain for Rhonda and it she seemed cold towards IV. I felt that she sat quietly listening and allowing her LC to do the probing/asking.

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-10-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
IV's comment creeped me out. The "needing to force hugs" as "whether or not someone can receive love" also creeped me out. How is a "hug" the same as "accepting love?" From a total stranger? I don't think so. Honestly? I think they toss the "love" word around a little too much. Jumping on someone to hug them, or for any reason, doesn't help someone who is uncomfortable with touching. That's hugs included. Kelly doesn't like to be touched. She's jumped on immediately, and judged for her resistance. How is Kelly supposed to TRUST these people? If I were Kelly, I probably would have said, "Can I have a little space?" and then I would have been told I was "cold" and that I have a "hard time accepting love." Nope. Just German. and very conscious of the "kiss me, kill me" zone we all have. You know, the within a foot of us boundary that makes us think that someone is going to kiss us? or that it's a threat? For Kelly, I'm guessing she senses, "threat." Back OFF people, GEEZ! she just walked through the door!

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-10-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ijustsharted Click to send private message to Ijustsharted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-06 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

I know that I wouldnt want that type of attention drawn to me on national TV especially my first day! I would have dug out a big greenie and wiped it on her cheek! And that's what I would call "picking a winner!"

02-10-06, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
ROFLMAO Ijustsharted
I agree IV was probably trying to lighten up the moment but it just seemed way too inappropriate after she just grabbed her by the head and placed her face on her chest.

moonwick1 74 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-06, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonwick1 Click to send private message to moonwick1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I agree..She was making light of the uncomfortable (for Kelly) situation..By knowing Kelly is uncomfortable with touch, it was a little tacky..I'd feel strange from that point forward about hugging IV..

I noticed IV's "uninterested" expressions today, too..When she was doing the talking she was all smiles but once Rhonda began she had this look on her face like she might smack someone..I think theres trouble in paradise

If Kelly hopes to be ok in the SO house she better get use to the hugging..It's the standard way folks there remove the knife they just stuck in your back!

Moonwick1

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-11-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."

>If Kelly hopes to be ok
>in the SO house she
>better get use to the
>hugging..It's the standard way folks
>there remove the knife they
>just stuck in your back!
>
>
>Moonwick1

Excellent observation!

02-11-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
>
>>If Kelly hopes to be ok
>>in the SO house she
>>better get use to the
>>hugging..It's the standard way folks
>>there remove the knife they
>>just stuck in your back!
>>
>>
>>Moonwick1
>
>
>Excellent observation!

LOL Moonwick1

trikelady 82 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-06, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trikelady Click to send private message to trikelady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I believe, Iyanla was trying to lighten the mood in the entire room. I think Iyanla cares, remember the look of shock on her face when Kelly was talking about seducing? I thought the entire room laughed...cause I sure did!
;) trike

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
Call me cold, but I've never been big on hugs from people I don't know. I always thought they were expressions of deep friendship or affection. Now it seems that it's appropriate to hug strangers. Oh well, I still extend my hand as a substitute for a forced hug (no "touch" hang-ups, just a preference). I guess I'd be labeled "non-feeling" in the SOH...LOL

Hugs seem to be part of the process at SO, so Kelly will either have to deal with the hugs or deal with dealing with not wanting to be hugged...got it?

With all of the meanspirited gossip that goes on in that house, the entire sentiment that embracing supposedly symbolizes is diminished (if not lost).

The comment Iyanla made...well, I do have serious hang-ups in that area...so, I would have died if I was Kelly.

02-13-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
<<With all of the meanspirited gossip that goes on in that house, the entire sentiment that embracing supposedly symbolizes is diminished (if not lost)>>

Wow this is so true SR. I'm a bit of a huggy person with my close friends but do not like hugging mere acquaintences..it feels forced and fake. I always thought it was strange when they hug a brand new HG..they don't even know them yet! Seems like it would mean a whole lot more if it happened later on after a bond had been established. Welcoming them YES..friendly YES..hugging when just meeting someone..fake fake fake.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
Kelly seems to be okay with hugging, as of today, anyway.

myohmy...first Iyanla, now Rhonda. When is her one on one with Dr. Stan or has that already happened? I imagine that hug will be met with less enthusiasm.

ya know, I'm just not buying any of it. It saddens me to see women acting this stupid.

As for Iyanla or anyone else coming at me like that I wouldn't have any problem peeling them off me. Or squeezing the bejeebers out of them until they screamed.

When my Mom was in the hospital in her last days on earth some stupid woman, nicknamed the 'serial hugger' went from room to room hugging the patients. I was visiting when she came into my Mom's room and as sick as my mother was and barely able to speak she told me, "get that lunatic out of here." Afterwards, we laughed about it..well, I laughed. My mom smiled, though.

I just hope we don't get a housemate who is afraid of kissing...
the way things are going, Iyanla might insist on those, too.
yuck

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
tac_2,

Thanks for sharing that bittersweet story. I have to admit, your mom made me laugh...out loud! (She sounds like my kind of lady) I'll bet the "serial hugger" wasn't used to resistance!

As far as kissing, I'm with you! Everyone keep their lips to themselves!!!

02-14-06, 02:24 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
tac I smiled too..memories live on forever don't they thanks for sharing.

LMAO Seasoned..that's for sure!..unless they want to KMA hehe

You know it's strange..the way this thread's going it got me to thinking..looking at my title it says "forces" a hug. I know the LC's asked her first if they could give her a hug..but it didn't seem natural..like a tester or something..but I don't think it was forced. I think I was being sarcastic lol but it all still adds up to fake fake fake.

newgirl1 71 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newgirl1 Click to send private message to newgirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I totally thought the same thing. Finally, this woman is letting someone hug her and Iyanla had to go and make an inappropriate comment like that. I cringed.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
AWwww...and just when the LCs thought they were giving us what we wanted....since we did not care for the "welcome" they gave NuLisa, falling off the sofa and giggling.

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-14-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
>I totally thought the same thing.
> Finally, this woman is
>letting someone hug her and
>Iyanla had to go and
>make an inappropriate comment like
>that. I cringed.

Oh yeh.. If Iyanla hugged me and then made that stupid comment, id say "look your the one that is suffocating me into your arms, i just met you i dont even know if i like you yet" and i would let go so fast.. i hug my parents and my family,friends , because my hugs for them are real. But for someone i just met to hug me, its hard. its my space.. if im not comfortable with you already. its gonna be hard to accept the hug. Im surprised Kelly even let her touch her. she probably had to because there was a camera..i have a feeling Kelly is going to be interesting character..

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-14-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Blimp Click to send private message to Little%20Blimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Kelly arrives, Iyanla forces a hug and then says..."
I find it strange when people hug right away. I've seen it happen in many different social situations and it surprises me all the time.

I wouldn't want the LC's and HG's hugging me the minute I walked in the door.

Dr. Stan reprimanded TJ for hugging the kids she was assigned to watch right away! Double standard on this show!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •