The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The BEST and the WORST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-31-02, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The BEST and the WORST"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-02 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

The racing is definitely improving now - and I felt like we saw both the BEST and the WORST of most teams in this one...

Anyone care to join me in a little BASH the Worst/BLESS the Best??

Aarionne
WORST: His Breakdown BooHoo? Naaahh - it was when they got back in the race, started to relax, and she immediately began abusing him when they were getting on the ferry.
BEST: He regained some sense of humour while sitting despondent on the side of the road, and was joking at the cars which wouldn't stop. They also kicked arse in the rappell.

FloZach
WORST: OMG!! Her bawling hysterics on the cliff, hands down that was the best bout of wailing I've ever seen on realityTV!!
BEST: It got her off the cliff, didn't it?! Zach was cool about the whole thing, even after having to walk the slopes while Terian rappelled.

Team911
WORST: Didn't care for their Sheep Tactics much, it certainly didn't inspire wisdom for a competitive race.
BEST: If you haven't got any clue how to get somewhere, employ Sheep Tactics and follow someone with more travel smarts than you. I guess it's a strategy of sorts...

JvJ
WORST: Sorry Jill, but that was a good fall you took. OUCH!
BEST: Their unfaltering teamwork, undoubtably. This IS really a couple, right?? They never nag each other!

Twins
WORST: NIL, they were UTR the whole episode.
BEST: see WORST.

Mikathy
WORST: While getting directions from the lady in the park, he says (while attempting to pronounce it with an accent) "Cabo de Roca", as the name of the place they're going. Followed immediately by this gem: "It's in England??"
BEST: His compassion to Flo, who is clearly about to soil herself on the next rope - he re-assures her etc, even though its clear she wasn't going ANYWHERE, and especially not DOWN THAT ROPE.

TerIan
WORST: Things not to say to your nervous wife, just before a cliff rappell, when she asks you "what happens if this undoes?" He replied " You FALL" She should have pushed him off the cliff for that one alone.
BEST: He turned into an instant mechanic and got them back on the road, and back in the race, against the odds. Not bad, not bad.

Gerkhin
WORST: NIL this week. They deserved to be Team #1, and they got it.
BEST: Race skills, language skills, natural humour, and beginning to show more and more ability to win TAR3

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The BEST and the WORST Esbea 10-31-02 1
   RE: The BEST and the WORST Neobie 11-01-02 5
       RE: The BEST and the WORST Skilinopia 11-01-02 6
       RE: The BEST and the WORST SeaVisionBurma 11-01-02 7
   RE: The BEST and the WORST Feline120269 11-01-02 8
       RE: The BEST and the WORST Esbea 11-01-02 10
       RE: The BEST and the WORST trigirl 11-02-02 11
 RE: The BEST and the WORST Q 10-31-02 2
   RE: The BEST and the WORST managerr 10-31-02 3
   RE: The BEST and the WORST L82LIFE 11-01-02 9
 RE: The BEST and the WORST SaphireLady 10-31-02 4
   RE: The BEST and the WORST 712 11-03-02 13
 RE: The BEST and the WORST trigirl 11-02-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
Mikathy
WORST: While getting directions from the lady in the park, he says (while attempting to pronounce it with an accent) "Cabo de Roca", as the name of the place they're going. Followed immediately by this gem: "It's in England??"
ESPECIALLY AFTER THE CLUE TOLD THEM TO LOOK FOR A POINT ON "CONTINENTAL" EUROPE!!!!!! I actually yelled "idiot" out loud.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-01-02, 04:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
Haha! Going back all the way to UK?

Hmm, not sure you want to say 'idiot' when the teams head to Singapore... They call this spot in Sentosa (an island) off Singapore (also an island) the southernmost point in CONTINENTAL Asia!

Hint, hint... (Idiots)

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 05:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
Well, to give some slack to the authorities which called Sentosa the southernmost point in CONTINENTAL asia, think about it this way. Sentosa is connected to the main island right by a bridge? Singapore is connected to Malaysia by the causeway, so if you consider all the connections as linkages, Sentosa should be the southernmost point in continental asia. But of course you oculd always argue that England is connected to France by the "Channal tunnel"...so I guess the southernmost point in continental asia would be geographically JB. But who would want to argue with the Singapore authorities anyway? Much less calling them , "Hint, hint...(Id*ots)".....who dares?

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-01-02, 05:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
>when the teams
>head to Singapore... They call
>this spot in Sentosa (an
>island) off Singapore (also an
>island) the southernmost point in
>CONTINENTAL Asia!
>

They're going to Singapore?? Brilliant!! Definitely my favourite city in Asia.
Any ideas what they do there, or better I ask that question over in Spoilers.....?!

Wonder which series will see them in Burma..............

Feline120269 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Feline120269 Click to send private message to Feline120269 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
England is part of Continental Europe. It is not part of "Contiguous" Europe. Much like Alaska is part of the continental US (Part of North America) but not part of the contiguous US.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
even if Michael was aware of that distinction..the western most point still wouldnt be in England..one could forgive him if he had guessed Ireland...but England? no way.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-02-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
Great Britain is not part of Continental Europe.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
I agree the quick mechanic work was good, but the enviornmental issues of draining gasoline onto the ground upset me a little. At least the others had theirs fixed properly (i assume the mechanics would not just let the gas spill out)

Worst: Flo crying on the cliff, boo hoo hoo. She is sooooo annoying. Even the old lady made it down. She was the only person on the entire show who could not do it.

Later

D.R.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-31-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
Didn't Flo skydive? If so, how can she do that, but not rappel down a cliff? To me that seems a lot less scary than skydiving.

GerKen:

Worst: Taking a cab to out of the say St. Apalonia Station and taking a train and another cab to get there--when you could have just taken a cab all the way through or taken a train route similar to the one Flo/Zach took.

Best: If you're going to make bad decisions, at least drag a couple of teams down with you.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
I thought the same thing, Q, about draining the gas onto the ground. I know they were in a tough spot, but I would like to hope that the show's crew at least made sure it was cleaned up properly.

After hearing Teri tell Ian to leave the litter from the clue on the ground, it makes you wonder how much more disrespectful these two can be to another Country's enviornment.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-31-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
regards to Flo and the skydiving, think Zach kind of forced that issue because I remember her saying that it was okay but she was not ready to forgive him yet for making her do that.

Worst___CBS for not showing us more how the teams did on the repel, would have liked to see some actual close ups of their actions. For only showing the twins passing the double A's when you know the other ones who filled up right passed them too since they were in the back of the pack until the others screwed up. That was designed to keep people upset at the twins.

Best--Flo's fit. never seen one that good. Well except for my own kids when they threw a tantrum at ages 2 or 3. Well okay I admit it, had a few teenage fits thrown too. You know the kind where you say, NO you will not go out to that party, I will not allow a child of mine to go drinking. And then the hysterics start but those are of a different nature.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-03-02, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
"That was designed to keep people upset at the twins."

I thought that was more of a "Haha, Aaron and Arianne, Karma's a bitch" type deal.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-02-02, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The BEST and the WORST"
Worst: Ian's navigator\pilot comment. I seriously thought I might throw something at my TV. What a dispicable man.

Best: When they arrived at the tannery and were told the roadblock required someone with a strong stomach. Terri told Pig-man to do it because it might involve eating something (poison, she was hoping). She might get him back in quiet ways that we haven't even noticed yet!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •