The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"F&M's Fast Forward"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-01, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"F&M's Fast Forward"
I've seen many people commenting on Frank and Margarita's foresight in taking the Fast Forward on last night's show, but as I sat and watched the show, I couldn't help but think that it was perhaps not such a wise move in general.

Sure, the show indicated that they missed much of the craziness of Delhi, but what does this do for them in the long run? They were in first place to begin with, and they remain in first place. But the nature of this show is to bunch everyone up, including those in first place, with the exception of those taking the FF. What then, would be the benefit of them taking this FF?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: F&M's Fast Forward Lisapooh 10-25-01 1
   RE: F&M's Fast Forward ReiseKaiser 10-25-01 2
       Fast Forwards AyaK 10-25-01 3
 RE: F&M's Fast Forward Loree 10-26-01 4
 RE: F&M's Fast Forward AddieRacer 10-26-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-01, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: F&M's Fast Forward"

I think that all the fast forwards are worthless as far as building a long-term lead because you're right - the teams always bunch up. And, as TeamJoisey (I think?), pointed out that will happen next episode at the Taj Mahal.

The benefit is a much-needed break from the tension and pressure of the game. In that sense, I think F & M really did make a good choice (or maybe just get lucky) in using the fast forward now.

All the other teams were mentally and emotionally drained from the marketplace. (maybe not the Guidos since they are androids).

But F & M spent those hours relaxing at the hotel and recharging their batteries - and, most importantly, not dealing with the sights and smells and misery the other teams endured.

They got some time alone to rest and recoup. IMHO, that puts them in a better position to move forward from here than the rest of the teams. Even if they won't have a huge time advantage because it seems like it will be virtually nullified if the timeline TeamJoisey came up with is correct.

The only time a FF could really make a difference would be in the final leg. I hope there isn't one available then. There are only 2 teams with the option available anyway.

the great entity of the thread

ReiseKaiser 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-25-01, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ReiseKaiser Click to send private message to ReiseKaiser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: F&M's Fast Forward"
I could not have said it better myself, PoohBear!

What does IMHO mean? Is it "I'm a HO"???

Don't get mad, I am just teasing...

Can you imagine F&M in the mayhem of Delhi? Frank would have blown a gasket... Now he's all relaxed and cool, F&M are going to be dangerous from this point on. The makeorbreak for them is going to be: can Frank keep from self-destructing. When he's cool he's a great player, but then he can lose it just as easily, harp on M for something silly, and cause his team problems.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Fast Forwards"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-01 AT 10:21 PM (EST)

I wouldn't be surprised if the last fast forward appears in E11. I agree that a fast forward is just intended to give yourself a break for a round; the game won't let you get any long-term advantage.

The only teams that haven't used the fast forward are the Guidos and Momily. I'll bet one of them goes for it in E9 (since E8 should be a non-boot episode)!

Edited to add: IMHO = In my humble opinion,
and then IMO = In my opinion,
and don't forget IMNSHO = In my not-so-humble opinion.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: F&M's Fast Forward"
I was still upset that the Guidos and F&M got to start in the first 2 positions after cheating last week and taking the cab. But anyway. I thought it was odd to use the FF when you were already in first place too. I would want it when I was near the bottom of the list.

AddieRacer 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-26-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AddieRacer Click to send private message to AddieRacer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: F&M's Fast Forward"
Maybe it's a use it or lose it thing. In the first EP, the Gramps spent a lot of energy trying to get the FF but were too late. Did they lose any time? Don't remember. Among the many things I'm confused about -- How did the Mom friends get the FF? We just seemed to "Fast Forward" to them racing down the rapids. So I don't think we know what would have been the fate of a second team trying for it.

Granted, with the tea shop and the castle, the second-to-get-there teams would have had time to go back to the other choices. However, I think it's just as easy to conclude that getting to the FF as the second team would be a detriment. Maybe F&M thought this might be their only guaranteed chance to use the FF.

Another thing we don't know: How long are the teams bunched up? Suppose a team lost, say, an hour at an unsuccessful attempt at a FF -- would they miss the plane/train that everyone else was on?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •