The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Final Pitstop!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

joatmon 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joatmon Click to send private message to joatmon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Final Pitstop!!"
Sorry if this is a repeat. I looked and couldn't find a thread on this.
I figured this should go into bashing because I know it will turn into yet another Romber bashing thread.

I thought the dynamics of the final pit stop was pretty interesting. Wild applause for U/J, polite clapping for Romber and, cheers and yea's, for Ron & Kelly. Afterwards they only showed R/A talking to the biker guys, who got eliminated before they really new anyone.

I can't understand why Rob & Amber are so disliked by the other teams. It can't be just jealosy and there have certainly been other teams that seemed to be more unlikable. In the end they didn't really pull any tactics that the other teams didn't try also. Maybe it is because they really aren't too sociable.

Also, seeing the kid Patrick,even for a few minutes, reminded me of all the reasons why I was so happy they were eliminated early.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-11-05 1
 RE: The Final Pitstop!! dump 05-12-05 2
   RE: The Final Pitstop!! okaychatt 05-12-05 5
 RE: The Final Pitstop!! maggiebob 05-12-05 3
   RE: The Final Pitstop!! tonylovesme 05-12-05 4
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! aquariaqueen 05-12-05 6
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-12-05 7
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! Bravegirl 05-12-05 8
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! maggiebob 05-12-05 9
                   RE: The Final Pitstop!! Spidey 05-12-05 10
                       RE: The Final Pitstop!! maggiebob 05-12-05 12
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! packrat 05-12-05 11
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! ARnutz 05-12-05 16
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! nailbone 05-13-05 34
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! tvgeek401 05-13-05 45
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! cambo 05-15-05 58
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! Thirdstreetgirl 05-13-05 37
 RE: The Final Pitstop!! RatPat 05-12-05 13
   RE: The Final Pitstop!! Bravegirl 05-12-05 14
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! ARnutz 05-12-05 15
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! weltek 05-12-05 18
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! maggiebob 05-12-05 17
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! Bravegirl 05-13-05 22
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! Dirk_W 05-13-05 52
 RE: The Final Pitstop!! CouchTater 05-12-05 19
   RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-12-05 20
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! Dirk_W 05-12-05 21
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 23
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! Dirk_W 05-14-05 56
                   See post 55 IceCat 05-14-05 57
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! joatmon 05-13-05 24
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! packrat 05-13-05 25
                   RE: The Final Pitstop!! edc3746 05-13-05 50
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! mikey 05-13-05 27
                   RE: The Final Pitstop!! paraxit 05-13-05 28
                       RE: The Final Pitstop!! packrat 05-13-05 29
                       RE: The Final Pitstop!! packrat 05-13-05 31
                       RE: The Final Pitstop!! anotherkim 05-13-05 39
                           RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 42
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! Dirk_W 05-13-05 51
                   RE: The Final Pitstop!! packrat 05-13-05 53
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! anotherkim 05-13-05 26
               RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 30
                   RE: The Final Pitstop!! Spidey 05-13-05 32
                       RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 33
                           RE: The Final Pitstop!! anotherkim 05-13-05 35
                               RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 43
                           RE: The Final Pitstop!! MTommy 05-13-05 36
                               RE: The Final Pitstop!! anotherkim 05-13-05 40
                                   RE: The Final Pitstop!! MTommy 05-13-05 44
                                   RE: The Final Pitstop!! LibraRising 05-13-05 46
                                       RE: The Final Pitstop!! FLORIDAGAL 05-13-05 47
                                       RE: The Final Pitstop!! MTommy 05-13-05 49
                           RE: The Final Pitstop!! MTommy 05-13-05 38
 RE: The Final Pitstop!! LibraRising 05-13-05 41
   RE: The Final Pitstop!! CouchTater 05-13-05 48
       RE: The Final Pitstop!! Dirk_W 05-13-05 54
           RE: The Final Pitstop!! iloverob 05-19-05 60
 Reminder to everyone IceCat 05-14-05 55
   RE: Reminder to everyone PepeLePew13 05-23-05 64
 Back on topic... Cygnus X1 05-19-05 59
   RE: Back on topic... probably clueless 05-21-05 61
       RE: Back on topic... Dirk_W 05-21-05 62
       RE: Back on topic... Cygnus X1 05-21-05 63
           What? Mere 05-23-05 65
               RE: What? Dirk_W 05-24-05 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FLORIDAGAL 51 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

Ok I admit it I am a huge ROMBER fan. I wanted to b*### slap Patrick last night (Sissy Boy). I think that it was jealousy on the other contestants parts due to the fact that Rob and Amber didn't need the money. I felt like Rob and Amber deserved to win because they were the better players. If Rob and Amber had to be 2nd I am glad that UJ beat Team Dysfunctional. UJ needed the money more.

dump 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dump Click to send private message to dump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
I don't get why people call Rob & Amber team Rob & Amber or Romber, It's just team Rob, Amber just follows him, Remember her on Survivor 2? she did the same with Jerri. Without Rob there she'd be about 8 days behind the other racers.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
<don't get why people call Rob & Amber team Rob & Amber or Romber

Yes, Amber is more of a follower, but what's important is how Rob sees her.

I'd say theirs is a good, symbiotic relationship, so Amber is doing her share of balancing Rob's personality. He needs her. Therefore, we have Romber.

I would have had no problems if they had won.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

maggiebob 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 03:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
>Sorry if this is a repeat.
>I looked and couldn't find
>a thread on this.
>I figured this should go into
>bashing because I know it
>will turn into yet another
>Romber bashing thread.
>
>I thought the dynamics of the
>final pit stop was pretty
>interesting. Wild applause for U/J,
>polite clapping for Romber and,
>cheers and yea's, for Ron
>& Kelly. Afterwards they only
>showed R/A talking to the
>biker guys, who got eliminated
>before they really new anyone.
>
>
>I can't understand why Rob &
>Amber are so disliked by
>the other teams. It can't
>be just jealosy and there
>have certainly been other teams
>that seemed to be more
>unlikable. In the end
>they didn't really pull any
>tactics that the other teams
>didn't try also. Maybe it
>is because they really aren't
>too sociable.
>
I don't think it is Rob and Amber bashing so much as it is CBS bashing. Anyone who can look at the race objectively, without favoring one team over the other, would have to admit that Ron and Amber had an unfair advantage because of Survivor. They received a huge amount of help from people because of it. It wasn't just using certain tactics - people came up to them randomly on the street and offered to help, only because they recognized them on Survivor. I think most of the other teams were angry that Rob and Amber had that unfair advantage, and I think they were right to be angry. Rob and Amber were not really the best racers - if they were they would have won, because when they got off that flight in Miami they were on a level playing field with Uchenna and Joyce. They made it as far as they did because of incredible luck and lots of help because of their "celebrity". Ron himself even admitted this several times throughout the race, so I don't know why everyone else has such a hard time accepting it. CBS should never have put a team in the race that would have an advantage. Yes they got huge ratings, but they created discord and animosity amongst the racers, and I'm not sure it was worth it.

tonylovesme 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tonylovesme Click to send private message to tonylovesme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
I agree. Obiously different teams might have different advantages at any given time but to put a team on that is so recognizable was a big mistake on CBS' part and skewed the game. I would have been pissed off too if I were one of the other racers but I don't know that I would have taken it out on Rob and Amber.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
But even Phil admitted on the Early Show, it pulled a new audience to the show. That's what CBS really wanted.

05-12-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
They put people like Rob and Amber on because it generates viewers! TAR 8 will have more ex Suvivors Rupert and family. I aggree that people like Lynn and Alex and Whiny boy Patrick took the bashing a little far.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
"I wanted to b*### slap Patrick last night (Sissy Boy"

Did something happen that I missed? I don't even remember seeing the little twerp???

Also, to the person who said that ppl came up to R/A randomly on the street offering to help..........The only person I remember doing that was the lady at the market place that helped Amber shop! R/A went up to ppl and solicited help just as each of the other teams were able to do (but not smart enough to). Don't blame R/A (I actually mean R) because he was smarter than the other teams!

05-12-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
>"I wanted to b*### slap Patrick
>last night (Sissy Boy"
>
>Did something happen that I missed?
> I don't even
>remember seeing the little twerp???

As the first racers were approaching the finish line we see Patrick jumping up and down, with his hands clenched as in prayer, saying "Uchenna and Joyce, Uchenna and Joyce"

>
>Also, to the person who said
>that ppl came up to
>R/A randomly on the street
>offering to help..........The only person
>I remember doing that was
>the lady at the market
>place that helped Amber shop!
> R/A went up
>to ppl and solicited help
>just as each of the
>other teams were able to
>do (but not smart enough
>to). Don't blame R/A (I
>actually mean R) because he
>was smarter than the other
>teams!

Then you have selective memory. They could easily have been eliminated in that very first leg but for the fact that someone approached them in Customs, because he recognized them from Survivor, and then acted as their personal guide all through Peru. The guy secured the cabs for them, bribed cabbies and bus drivers for them, translated for them, etc.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
The guy secured the cabs for them, bribed cabbies and bus drivers for them, translated for them, etc.

Speaking of selective memory and getting our facts straight - let it be known that Rob & Ray bribed the bus driver all on their own.

05-12-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
>The guy secured the cabs for
>them, bribed cabbies and bus
>drivers for them, translated for
>them, etc.

>
>Speaking of selective memory and getting
>our facts straight - let
>it be known that Rob
>& Ray bribed the bus
>driver all on their own.
>
>
The second bus driver they did, because by that point they were on their own. But on the bus from the airport the guide talked the bus driver into not stopping to pick up more passengers, and they paid him $30 to do so.

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
According to an interveiw Rupert gave TV Guide, he WILL NOT be racing.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
Thank the Lord!

It's not that I don't think I'd enjoy Rupert, it's just...

I am sick of recycled reality show DAWs! Give someone unknown a chance! Only a very small perentage of people who apply to these shows will ever actually get to be on them.

Romber took away the joy of the foreign locations and the awesome local tasks this season for me.

I would much rather have a bunch of unknown people racing each other and let the focus go back to the actual racing instead of the friggin' personal team carp we were overloaded with this season. It took away so much of the experience for me.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
Being a previous reality show star didn't help Alison and Donny.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-13-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
Interesting point that I'm surprised no one brought up until now.
I think Romber did so much better that Alison and Donny because
1. Survivor is more popular that Big Brother, and, in total, Rob and Amber were on three seasons of survivor. We got to know them a lot more.
2. Romber worked together. They used their resources well.
3. Alison=moron.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!
<--is actually starting to not despise the Robfathah.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-15-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
>Interesting point that I'm surprised no
>one brought up until now.
>
>I think Romber did so much
>better that Alison and Donny
>because
>1. Survivor is more popular
>that Big Brother, and, in
>total, Rob and Amber were
>on three seasons of survivor.
> We got to know
>them a lot more.
>2. Romber worked together.
>They used their resources well.
>
>3. Alison=moron.
>

I despised Alison on Big Brother (seeing her and Jun in the final two made it the hardest season to stomach), but she's a bright girl. She is a lot like Rob in that she has a lot of street smarts. Her and Donny simply couldn't get along. I thought they'd do a lot better than they did.

Thirdstreetgirl 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thirdstreetgirl Click to send private message to Thirdstreetgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
CBS put Ron and Amber into the Amazing Race to attract Survivor Fans and boost ratings. It worked in the short term. But, looking at how CBS fixed the race to make sure Ron and Amber did not win I bet their ratings go back down for Amazing Race 8. This is a lame show. Losers don't lose - those non-elimination rounds are the worst. Producers manipulate the racers to keep things close. You may have gotten Survivor fans for this one race but they ain't going to stay because the game just isn't good enough.

RatPat 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RatPat Click to send private message to RatPat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
It cracked me up when CBS, during the recap, once again focused on Romber driving past the Greg/Brian wreck! They're like the freaking Wizard of Oz. "Pay no attention to the cameraman kneeling next to the road continuing to shoot the other racers as they pass!"

If Patrick had been half that positive during the race there's no doubt they would'e gotten farther.

For the record, it was Ray's idea to bribe the bus driver. We know that by Ray's own admission, not by what TAR editors showed us.

As far as Romber's celebrity, well, that's a double-edged sword.
That may get more people to offer to help you, but how many of those people have help to offer and how many are just saying they can to get on TV? Also, how many times were they slowed up by people wanting pictures and/or autographs? TAR editors showed them being slowed 1 time, but I seriously doubt that was the only time.

In Argentina, while getting on the plane, 4 teams made a big deal out the fact that they had completed the roadblock.
Now Rob and Meredith quit the task, but the teams resented Rob while embracing Meredith afterward.

Going to the last yeild, Ron and Kelly said if they got there first that they would yeild Romber. After Romber got there first and yeilded them, R/K got all mad and stayed mad at them.

Can you say "double standard"? I knew you could.

05-12-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
"Then you have selective memory. They could easily have been eliminated in that very first leg but for the fact that someone approached them in Customs, because he recognized them from Survivor, and then acted as their personal guide all through Peru."

You're right! I did forget about that guy. So that's two (2) examples of ppl who recognized them because of their celebrity and helped them. Is that really such a big deal? Everyone is making it sound like the reason they did so well was just because of Survivor. Not true! Other ppl caught other breaks in other ways! Also, as someone else said, being recognized also cost them. Why is it that ppl just don't want to give the devil his due? Rob played a very smart race! I'm glad that U/J won but they won on pure dumb luck!

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
...but they won on pure dumb luck!

... and for 7 seasons, that is the way it is.

every.single.time.

and for every season from now on until the end of TAR time (perish the thought), that is the way it will be!

CBS, Van Munster, Phil and even the racers can't ever change that.

Skill will only take you so far, as just about every second place team ever can tell you.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"

>Skill will only take you so
>far, as just about every
>second place team ever can
>tell you.
>
Best.Quote.Yet.

05-12-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
>"Then you have selective memory. They
>could easily have been eliminated
>in that very first leg
>but for the fact that
>someone approached them in Customs,
>because he recognized them from
>Survivor, and then acted as
>their personal guide all through
>Peru."
>
>You're right! I did forget
>about that guy. So
>that's two (2) examples of
>ppl who recognized them because
>of their celebrity and helped
>them. Is that really
>such a big deal? Everyone
>is making it sound like
>the reason they did so
>well was just because of
>Survivor. Not true! Other
>ppl caught other breaks in
>other ways! Also, as someone
>else said, being recognized also
>cost them. Why is it
>that ppl just don't want
>to give the devil his
>due? Rob played
>a very smart race! I'm
>glad that U/J won but
>they won on pure dumb
>luck!

Wow - this is revisionist history at its best. I do believe that Rob and Amber did so well because of a combination of "pure dumb luck" and their recognition factor. Even Phil commented, over and over again, on the unbelievable luck they had. And ROB HIMSELF ADMITTED, on several occasions, that they would not have still been in the race but for the help they received thanks to the recognition factor. If Rob can admit that, why can't you?

05-13-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
"Wow - this is revisionist history at its best. I do believe that Rob and Amber did so well because of a combination of "pure dumb luck" and their recognition factor. Even Phil commented, over and over again, on the unbelievable luck they had. And ROB HIMSELF ADMITTED, on several occasions, that they would not have still been in the race but for the help they received thanks to the recognition factor. If Rob can admit that, why can't you"

Admit what??? That R/A had a lot of luck??? I never said they didn't. OF course they were lucky at times. But they didn't win so that luck didn't pay off in the end. U/J, however, got lucky at the right time. That's the point I was trying to make. Luck is definitely a factor but even though I'm happy that U/J won....I still think that R/A played the smarter race.

Dirk_W 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dirk_W Click to send private message to Dirk_W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
don't forget London.......Abbey Rd.
That guy helped them find Sherlock....

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
<<<I can't understand why Rob & Amber are so disliked by the other teams. It can't be just jealosy and there have certainly been other teams that seemed to be more unlikable. In the end they didn't really pull any tactics that the other teams didn't try also. Maybe it is because they really aren't too sociable. <<<

I think it's because right off the bat Rob started witt the underhanded tactics like bribing bus drivers to not let those in the back off and what not. I think anyone in any competition would be put off right away with that kind of behavior even if it's expected to some degree.

Also, some of them may have seen the Survivor shows and might have seen how Rob acts already. So, they would have started out knowing that Rob would be a cocky conniving character.

The teams aren't there to be liked though, so it's a moot point.

05-12-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
They wouldn't have known about the bus etc... to after the show. I think because of the notority from Survivor, other players were intimidated. I think that they had a target on their back from the get go.

05-12-05, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dirk_W Click to send private message to Dirk_W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 11:36 PM (EST)

r & a are just a couple of oximorons.
he is so undeducated, did ya hear the way he
pronounce "Aardvark"? ... aar-d-vark, what a loser!!
And he DID lie...he is very unethical and has no morals.
We really feel sorry for their children if they have any.
To be brought up with his morals, .... oh well.

Edit:
I was late catching a plane at Dulles in D.C., the plane had not pulled out, but opened the door and let me on.
Once on, I realized that I had left a brief in the waiting area.
The plane had just started backing up and I summoned the sterwardess, and she informed the captain, and they pulled back
up to the gangway, I retrieved my documents, while they waited.
Pilots are people too....

05-13-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

REGARDING: "r & a are just a couple of oximorons.
he is so undeducated, did ya hear the way he
pronounce "Aardvark"? ... aar-d-vark, what a loser!!
And he DID lie...he is very unethical and has no morals.
We really feel sorry for their children if they have any.
To be brought up with his morals, .... oh well"

I do believe DIRK that Rob has a degree in Psychology....Check you facts. I like to think That Rob uses that background to PLAY THE GAME. In regards to Morals. I don't see how Ray and Dina, Ron and Kelly etc... had any different morals. It is just a game dude. Finally, when making remarks like MORON about someone, check your punctuation and sentence structure before posting

05-14-05, 04:48 AM (EST)
56. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
>I do believe DIRK that Rob
>has a degree in Psychology....Check ( Who cares?? )
>you facts. I like to
>think That Rob uses that
>background to PLAY THE GAME.
> In regards to Morals. ( why'd you capitlize the "m"? )
> I don't see how
>Ray and Dina, Ron and
>Kelly etc... had any different ( should be a comma after Kelly )
>morals. It is just ( no capital "m" here, why? )
>a game dude. Finally, when
>making remarks like MORON about
>someone, check your punctuation and ( you check it for us )
>sentence structure before posting

BTW, what does "puntuation" have to do with "making remarks"?
Nada!!

Gee, we wish we were perfect like you...
Oh well....

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 05:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "See post 55"
I expect that all further discussion will be about the show and not about posting styles.

joatmon 68 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joatmon Click to send private message to joatmon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
>>r & a are just a couple of oximorons.<<

Do you know what oximoron means? Just wondering, if it is a joke I don't get it. Maybe that makes me an "oximoron". Like a smaht poster.

05-13-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Another thing about them bribing the bus driver not to open the back door, Ray did say on TES after elimination that the idea was his. Selective memory also strikes again -------- Uchenna and Joyce were in on that ploy as well. It benefitted them as well.

Edited to add:
Just because Rob couldn't pronounce Aardvark, means just that, he can't pronounce it. It's not a word used in every day vocabulary, and in the heat of the moment, trying to stay in the game anyone could make that mistake. Like said above, Rob does have a degree, and you need to check your dictionary to find out what 'oxymoron' means.

edc3746 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail edc3746 Click to send private message to edc3746 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
thanks for correcting the spelling, too! It was driving me nuts!

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
I thought Colin was the moron with the ox.

paraxit 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail paraxit Click to send private message to paraxit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
come on la... for me things r simple, rob is just a REAL idiot!!!... i dont know what make someone admire them, Rob is NOT a survivor winner and amber is by chance!!! i dont understand what is the meaning of oximoron as well, but i sincerely hope that is a word to describe someone who is real idiot, a jinx , a moral-less, hopeless, sens-less, mind-less, use-less creature! ... someone that live to embarass ownself and yet still think he is the BEST... *siCk!!!

i think maybe we should re-consider why is this call THE AMAZiNG RACE and NOT SURVIVOR... that MUST be a reason why these two is not dump into the same category and TAR is NOT survivor COUPLE EDiTiON!!!... i think the MAiN different is; the survivor is to survive, to do whatever u can and play whatever dirty trick to beat others and keep ownself 'survive'!!! as for TAR, it is a R-A-C-E, ok? come on, why not just put it a simple race as what others always do for TAR 1~ 6?... if u think that is boring, than tune to survivor!!! but NOT and NEVER expect TAR to become another survivor!!!... let it be the AMAZING race, not necessary to help others like uchenna did, but at least, no dirty tricks~!!!

yes, rob had started a lot of NEW tricks in TAR, but the tricks should be something that help himself to win and NOT holding back on others!!!... eg; he can always check on the earliest flight BUT shouldnt ask the lady at the counter not to sell the tickets to others!

if U&J is winning by LUCK, i would rather believe that is God's grace to those who glorify His name! everyone will definitely agree with their humanity and the generousity... unlike rob and ambers or ron and kelly, keep telling 'this is anyhow a race' just to justify theirselve by playing dirty tricks!!!

i am not sure whether U&J join the idea when rob asked the bus driver to open only the front door; it might be they r just sitting at the front part and never know what rob trying to do!

i am glad U&J be the 1st, and i am looking forward for TAR8! yes, i do agree not to have anymore recycling of the participants, it is sickening to see them acting like the stars in the show esp. rob constantly reminding everyone he was the 1st and is going to be the 1st again!!!... i am not sure whether they were delayed by being well-known, but i think this had save us a lot if it is true as rob need to stay busy, or he will start boasting and criticising others! i am very sick with his end-less self-praising attitude!!!

let's see how he ended up with amber!

05-13-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
Here is the definition of the word oxymoron from the Miriam Webster Dictionary:

Main Entry: ox·y·mo·ron
Pronunciation: "äk-sE-'mor-"än
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ox·y·mo·ra /-'mor-&/
Etymology: Late Greek oxymOron, from neuter of oxymOros pointedly foolish, from Greek oxys sharp, keen + mOros foolish
: a combination of contradictory or incongruous words (as cruel kindness);

Your description on TAR not being Survivor is misguided at best. The purpose of the race IS to be the first. It's basically the same - Do whatever you can within the rules of the game to come in first. You need to rethink how the race was run in the past if you don't think that previous racers had never done any of the things you are saying R/A did this time around. Rob just did them more openly than others have done, and smiled sweetly into the camera as he did so. Every race has been run with at least one team begging someone not to sell, or give info, etc.

05-13-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
<i am not sure whether U&J join the idea when rob asked the bus driver to open only the front door; it might be they r just sitting at the front part and never know what rob trying to do!>

Uchenna gave Rob money to bribe the driver. If you recorded the Race, then you need to go back and watch it.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
Um, have you watched the first 6 installments of TAR? Trickery has always been a part of this show. ALWAYS. People have lied and tricked and made alliances on every season.

Uchenna was right in the thick of the bribe-the-driver-trick. How is that for glorfying God if Rob is so evil? Perhaps that was a show of generosity? Personally, I would never go begging from people in an airport for the purpose of winning one million dollars. How totally unChristian is that? People felt sorry for them and their "plight" of losing their luggage, so they gave them money. All for a game. They tricked people way more than Rob ever thought about doing and benefited much more from it. But, it's all part of the game, isn't it?

It is totally common on TAR for people to ask ticket agents not to tell others about flights or options. Happens every season. And people lie all the time about why they need to get on a flight.

Every team said they were going to win. Every team. It's the whole point of playing the game.

I'd love for TAR to be a race, but for the last few races, it hasn't been. It's been The Amazing Luck of the Taxi Driver. That sucks. Badly. And as for tricks to help one win and not hold back others, well, that's sort of the whole point of a race. NASCAR, bike racing, roller derby...you name it, you race offensively and defensively. If you see a move, you take it.

I agree that they don't need to recycle anymore "stars", but that's because I can't imagine that there would be anyone I would enjoy watching more than Rob.

05-13-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
42. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
I Wonder if Uchenne and Joyce will pay tithes on their winnings?

05-13-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
51. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
You called yourself an oxymoron, not I.

Main Entry: ox·y·mo·ron
Pronunciation: "äk-sE-'mor-"än
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Greek oxymOron, from neuter of oxymOros pointedly foolish, from Greek oxys sharp, keen + mOros foolish
: a combination of contradictory or incongruous words (as cruel kindness); broadly : something (as a concept) that is made up of contradictory or incongruous elements

In other words, and oxymoron is an idiot who is clever.

It doesn't take smarts to be cunning & devious.

Have a Great Weekend!!

05-13-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
53. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
An oxymoron IS NOT a person, but a thing. Here's another definition. Look it up for yourself if you don't believe it.

OXYMORON: n. Definition: A figure of speech combining incongrous or contradictory words, usually for descriptive purposes.

05-13-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 01:03 PM (EST)

Some people might find your use of a run-on sentence of mammoth proportions an indicator that you are "undeducated". I, on the other hand, am more prone to thinking that you were in a hurry or were in a medium that isn't your most natural. Same for Rob. He's in a hurry, he makes a gaff. That's hardly a sign that he's ignorant. He more than showed his intelligence by his capacity for reading people and problem-solving along the course of the race. He certainly showed more brainpower than any of the other racers that were around at the end stages of the game. Other than Ron, the others seemed to be more inclined to think in the moment instead of forumlate a plan. Uchenna and Joyce were followers for the entire race. Meredith and Gretchen were plucky, but pathetic when it came to thinking skills. They couldn't find their asses with both hands. Ron's problem was that he was saddled with Kelly.

Your use of the royal we amuses me, thank you.

05-13-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

REGARDING:if U&J is winning by LUCK, i would rather believe that is God's grace to those who glorify His name! everyone will definitely agree with their humanity and the generousity... unlike rob and ambers or ron and kelly, keep telling 'this is anyhow a race' just to justify theirselve by playing dirty tricks!!!

Now tell me how do you know that Uchenne and Joyce have a direct line to God and Rob and Amber do not!!!! If I recall in the final episode that Rob was wearing a St. Anthony medal and also praying for assistance. It is one thing to not like another player but I truly believe that God loves all of us.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
Huh? This post makes no sense to me.

1st, Kim didn't even mention God.

2nd, first you say (if I deciphered this correctly) that you think U/J deserved God's blessing because they are better than R/A & R/K because of their "dirty tricks." Then you say God loves us all the same.

3rd, was there a point?

05-13-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
HEY SPIDEY CHECK POST #28----KIM IS #26

05-13-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
35. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
you evidently clicked reply under mine, so it looks like you're replying to my post and not #28. That's where the confusion came from.

now I'm dying to go read #28.

05-13-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
OOOPS

MTommy 80 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTommy Click to send private message to MTommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
I hate to tell you this but...

God does not care who won TAR7. In fact, God does not care who won any TAR thus far. And for that matter, God will not care who wins any subsequent TAR; be it the anti-christ, the pope, or whoever.

05-13-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
40. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
talk about some Amazing Race Teams!!

the Pope and Jerry Falwell

the anti-Christ and Judas

the Dali Lama and Rev. Sun Myung Moon

oh, the list could go on and on and on.

05-13-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTommy Click to send private message to MTommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
There should be a race of "prominent" leaders from all the major religions. That way God can let us all know who is right!

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
I don't think the Pope and Falwell would do so well. Don't some evangelicals believe that the false prophet in Revelations was supposed to be the pope after JPII?

And if you thought Gus looked bad without a shirt...

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

05-13-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
47. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
TAR 11 The God Squad

Team 1 Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
Team 2 Jerry Falwell and Jimmy Swaggert

any others?

05-13-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
49. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
Getting WAY off topic, I had read (when that new pope was being chosen) that the anti-Christ will be named by himself...

drum roll...

Pope Peter II

So, I theorize, because that's the rumor; no one ever will name them self Peter the Deuce, and we humans are all going to be stuck on earth simply waiting for the anti-Christ, and thereby the second coming, and end battle that goes along with that.

APPOCLYPSE NOW!

GOOD TIMES!!!

I’m just glad that I’ll be dead before any of that happens. (And also, I'll have a good feeling that I'll die before earth gets invaded by aliens, so that one other less thing I have to worry about!)

05-13-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
38. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 05:49 PM (EST)

The original post typed here was an untimely observation so at some small regret I'm posting this instead.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
I figured this should go into bashing because I know it will turn into yet another Romber bashing thread.

Newton's First Law of TAR 7 Posting: All topics, discussed for a certain amount of time, involve the inherent goodness/evil of Rob Mariano.

You could've started a thread about a lemon cupcake recipe, and it would've turned into a Romber's God/Romber's the devil thread.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LibraRising,

TE HE HE... ROFLOL

Scorpio Rising

05-13-05, 11:09 PM (EST)
54. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 11:10 PM (EST)

If anybody noticed...

That rob must be socially insecure.
How many times did he shake hands with an airlines ticket counter person?

Why would he need that reassurance if he's not so utterly insecure??

We mean, how many of us have flown, and after receiving our
ticket, shook the hand of the person who gave us that ticket?
None, that's how many.

Hopefully, no other tv show's producer will have a hard-on for r & a.

iloverob 108 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iloverob Click to send private message to iloverob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: The Final Pitstop!!"
LOL - I had read your other post in this thread and took it seriously, but after reading this one, I realized that you are trying to get a reaction. That's great - that's what Rob would do!

So I'll bite.... most people would find him being friendly to ticket agents endearing and proof that the snide comments about other players and trickery were game play or just fun and games. The comments and such were to make it more enjoyable for us....like Will (the original) in Big Brother (though I think Dr Evil was kinda evil for real )

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Reminder to everyone"
Excerpt from The Guidelines:

II. DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS
Personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions.

If a poster resorts to picking apart the grammar, spelling, or sentence structure of another poster as opposed to discussing the ideas behind the post then they are in violation of The Guidelines.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Reminder to everyone"
Bottles of liquor needs to be served to all blue peeps to steel them for the work they have to do... thanks for posting this guidelines reminder, Icey!

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Back on topic..."
Here's an interesting article about the secrecy involved regarding the finish line location in Fort Lauderdale. Rivals that of the Defense Department, apparently!

Glad I missed the rest of this thresd!

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-05, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Back on topic..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-05 AT 01:04 AM (EST)

Speaking of SoFl sites, I was driving down Calle Ocho today from 27th (where Romber started looking) and keeping an eye out for El Rey de Los Habanos. Although it is pretty famous, I’m not a cigar smoker so I never really paid any attention to where it is.

As far as I know, perhaps I just haven’t noticed; there aren’t any real tourist destinations on Calle Ocho. Its like a main street in some town, albeit quite unique, where people go to take care of business and socialize. The businesses cater to the residents, not tourists.

I didn’t know exactly where El Rey de Los Habanos was but had an idea so I was looking out for it as I was cruising along in the usual Calle Ocho crawl when I spotted El Rey de Las Fritas and thought I must be close. Holy crap, there was no missing it today. It looked like huge bag of white rice had spilled onto the sidewalk there were so many gringos with digital cameras posing their loved ones in front of the store. Traffic came to a standstill (maybe I was just at a red light though) and the locals, who had to cross the street to avoid the congestion, were pointing and looking quizzically at the group of gringos.

I guess I’ll have to revise my statement about there being no tourist destinations on Calle Ocho after today. I hate to profile but there is no way that group could have been a bunch of cigar aficionados. I’m pretty sure I spotted a Romber T-shirt in the crowd.

A Kittyloaf®Original

05-21-05, 06:40 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Back on topic..."
Cool article about Ft. Lauderdale.
Thanks...

We worked out of Ft. L a few years ago on the
cruise ships to Bermuda.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Back on topic..."
It's incredible the number of unintended tourist spots TAR has created, such as El Rey de Los Habanos, Ping Tom Park, the various Hawaii locales, etc. And that's just in this country.

The owner of ERdlH is either loving the attention or tearing his hair out.

Mere 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mere Click to send private message to Mere Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "What?"
Rob has a degree? You are joking, right? Doesn't say much for the college in which he attended. He sure doesn't speak as an educated person. I'm still cracking up that he didn't know what a gnome was! LOL!

05-24-05, 00:29 AM (EST)
66. "RE: What?"
LOL!!
And probably didn't even know how to pronounce it, as I wrote earlier, he did NOT know how to pronounce Aardvark, he pronounced it Aar-duh-vark..

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •