The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"slap on the hand messages"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mantramaven 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-09-06, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mantramaven Click to send private message to mantramaven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"slap on the hand messages"
What is with the snide and sarcastic comments from moderators to newbies trying to start a new conversation? It's not a very welcoming environment and how could I possibly read ALL the topics that have ever been posted? Jeez

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Explanation & Locking mysticwolf 02-09-06 1
 Another thing Cygnus X1 02-09-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Explanation & Locking"
Sorry. We expect you to read far more than you post, at least at first. First, and foremost, we expect that you will read the community guidelines (where you would have found out the proper way to ask this question of a mod). Then we expect you to read all of the Moderator Messages that have been necessary for the SO forums to get the message across.

Finally, we expect you to read the threads and posts that are already here. All of them? Not necessarily. But, it shouldn't be too much trouble to at least read the titles of the threads on the first 1 or 2 pages and look to see if there is an on-going discussion you can join before you start your own.

If you want others to read your thoughts, you should have the courtesy of reading theirs.

As for our hand-slaps and comments? I haven't done many today. I got tired of the fact that, over this past week, so many people have ignored our guidelines that all of the ongoing discussion threads were getting bumped off of the front page by all of the locked threads. Threads I was replying to in the futile attempt to be courteous and explain why I was locking. It isn't fair to the peeps that are playing by the rules.

So, today, I just locked without explanation. If people can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to read the rules of behavior we ask, why should I, or any of the other mods, spend our time explaining. Over and Over again.

Oh, and before someone brings it up again... Neither, any of you (universal you), nor, any of the mods, pays for this site. Webby does. Out of his own pocket, with procedes going back into the site to keep making it a better playground for us.

And, this is NOT just a SO site for the fans of that show. We have well over 134,000 active users of these forums. Most of whom have never heard of SO. So, NO, you (universal you) don't have the freedom to break his rules and say and do whatever you want in the name of Free Speech. And, NO, those rules aren't going to change because you (universal you) don't like them.

Sorry. There's a whole thread with links of other SO sites to go to if you don't like that fact.

A Syren Spring

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Another thing"
Your post is based on a faulty premise: that you're starting a "new" conversation. On the contrary, all you're doing is rehashing threads that have been talked to death in some cases.

When you or anyone else can give me a good reason why we need the 10,758,002nd thread about how Lisa needs to go, maybe I'll be a little less snarky. Until then? Forget it.

If you can't be bothered to find out how things go around here (the guidelines, the mod threads, and just. plain. lurking.), we can't be bothered to sanction your ignorance.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •