The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

Wow, it's great to see all the new faces brought by the TAR finale. We hope you enjoy your stay and stick around.
That being said, please take a moment to check out our Community Guidelines. Two things in particular to note:

- Don't bash other posters. Never acceptable.

- Don't start a new thread on a topic already being discussed. It doesn't matter whether you're just wanted to focus on a particular aspect, or whether you disagree with the opinion of the original poster. When in doubt, join an existing discussion before starting a new thread of your own.

ETA: I know there are a lot of semantics on what constitutes a duplicate. But come on folks...there are a number of threads already open where the question is being asked if the show is fixed. Just because it doesn't show in the subject line - and just because the moderators don't take the extra time to point out every single one - doesn't mean they don't already exist.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... HobbsofMI 05-11-05 1
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... Dizwiz 05-11-05 2
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... ARnutz 05-11-05 3
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... Swami 05-11-05 4
   RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... Coconut 05-11-05 5
 Is there any way.. Dizwiz 05-11-05 6
   RE: Is there any way.. mrc 05-11-05 7
   RE: Is there any way.. Bebo 05-11-05 8
       RE: Is there any way.. BriarRosie 05-11-05 9
       RE: Is there any way.. Jealousy 05-11-05 13
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... RBA 05-11-05 10
   RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... Spidey 05-11-05 11
   RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... anotherkim 05-11-05 12
   RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... Bebo 05-11-05 14
   RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... cahaya 05-15-05 19
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... Spidey 05-12-05 15
   RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... okaychatt 05-12-05 16
       RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... Spidey 05-13-05 17
           RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... TechNoir 05-14-05 18
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... PepeLePew13 08-17-05 20
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... okaychatt 09-17-05 21
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... okaychatt 09-20-05 22
 What about the children? mikey 09-21-05 23
   RE: What about the children? Pamisue 09-21-05 24
   Good question Bebo 09-22-05 25
 RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE R... okaychatt 09-23-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
I bet your thought you were in the AI board today.

Lot of Love and Hugs and Kisses for Bebo cause she needs it today.....

created by Syren

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
All hail the mighty Bebo!
*bows deeply*

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
A huge shout out and lots of thanks to all of the blue peeps who make these boards the BEST.BOARDS.EVER!

Thanks to all of you for making this such a wonderful playground for us!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Reading.
Bumping.
Hearting Bebo.

(Altho I think it's kind of fun when all heck breaks loose.)

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
I read "Humping Bebo."

Well, what can you expect, Swami. It's you. *smooch*

Coc au Flange-- Official Dish of the Phoquetard Inquisitorial Squad

*bumpity bump*

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Is there any way.."
...to make this thread blink or something? Because some of these newbies just. aren't. getting. it.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is there any way.."
I nominate you to bump this thread.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

05-11-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is there any way.."
Did you know that there are actually message boards that don't even allow you to use the word "fixed" in a post about their shows? Or "rigged"? Your post is filtered out and rejected before you even hit send, and you have to modify the message before it will be posted.

You also can't say "sucked" on the one I'm thinking of.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is there any way.."
Heheh. They're keeping you on your toes!

But geez, that type of moderation you described...er...sucks.
For lack of a better term.

Most moderated groups I've been on (or moderated) don't tolerate flame wars and bashing others. Thank gawd.

But my dream: the death of kidiot ransom note writing styles.

Jealousy 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jealousy Click to send private message to Jealousy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is there any way.."
I think the one you're thinking of is the one I'm thinking of. You can't (heaven forbid) even say The Amazing Race on that board without it forcing you to edit your post. And sure, it's not an Amazing Race board but they do have an Off Topic area. It's just unbelievable about what they censor.

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Yes, but why is this only addressed to "new" posters? I have seen a lot of old timers berate us newcomers. Many post crap like, "This must be the first time you have watched the Amazing Race or else you would know by now...." Just because we are new, does not mean this is the first time we seen the series. And posting on a bulletin board for several months does not make them the expert in all matters.

Some of the old timers need a good reminder of the rules.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
A lot of long-time posters, and many new ones too I would suspect, get frustrated when a whole lot of new people rush the board without knowing how it works around here. Duplicate threads all over the place, people bringing up things as "news" which have been long discussed here, etc.

It happens. People get excited and want to share their emotions. And that's why Bebo had to create this thread. Since "old timers" know the rules (even though some break them), the thread was intended for NEW posters, to make them feel welcome and know how to fit in and follow the rules to make this fun for everyone.

If you have a problem with a specific post, direct you comments to a mod via PM.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"

If you have to ask that question, hon, you are new and need to read this thread.

05-11-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
RBA, if you think any poster, regardless of the number of posts, is behaving inappropriately, then please alert the moderators. Most of the actions taken today on the forums have been the result of posters letting moderators know that violations have been occurring. There's an alert link in every post, and clicking on it takes you to the forum.

If you send us an alert, we'll look into it and act accordingly. And we will discpline posters regardless of their post count. Folks who've been posting here for awhile can attest that some long-term posters who refused to comply with the guidelines have been banned.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Hey, there isn't a better TAR board in existence. I'm a relative newbie and I'm lovin' it here.

Another bump in the night.

05-12-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Bump.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Bump.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

05-13-05, 00:12 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
One mo' time. cuz clearly it's still needed.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
my turn

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Bumping now that the new cast for TAR Family has been released and the show will be airing on TV in a month from now.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

09-17-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
Yo! Bebo!

Here's a bump for the good guys, otherwise known as the blue peeps.

09-20-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
*BUMP*

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-21-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "What about the children?"
Question for this edition -- bashing of contestants is generally considered fair game -- but have there been children (as young as 8) contestants on other shows covered by these boards before? Is bashing them off-limits?

Pamisue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-21-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamisue Click to send private message to Pamisue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What about the children?"
If they act like brats they are fair game in my book. I would not however post personal info like things to do with appearance d/t kids are very sensitive and I will not be a part of hurting a child. Remember, alot of kid's are acting how they are taught @ home by their parents and peers. I'm not saying to put all blame on parents just where it appears to be due.

09-22-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
25. "Good question"
There's no specific guidelines requiring that children on reality shows be treated differently than the other participants. There are a number of shows discussed on these forums that significantly feature children, and we haven't had a problem so far with how posters have commented on the children so far.

For now, we'll trust in the good judgment of our posters in how the children will be discussed, since that's worked on other show discussions so far. But if we need to readdress this during the season, we will.

09-23-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Welcome, new posters - PLEASE READ"
*bump*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •