The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Immunity Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Immunity Discussion"
Word has it that the reward challenge is for some helicopter trip to somewhere. if you have any information on the immunity challenge, then please post it below and if you can provide pic's and links. Thanks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Immunity Discussion Ptaz 03-28-01 1
 RE: Immunity Discussion Krautboy 03-28-01 2
   RE: Immunity Discussion md23rewls 03-28-01 3
 RE: Immunity Discussion kirin 03-28-01 4
   Way to go Kirin... IceCat 03-28-01 5
   Kirin has found an IC pic! IceCat 03-28-01 6
       RE: Kirin has found an IC pic! kirin 03-28-01 7
       RE: Kirin has found an IC pic! LIZZLOVER 03-28-01 8
           Pics and Log Rolling Analysis IceCat 03-28-01 9
               Does anyone agree with this? md23rewls 03-28-01 10
                   RE: Does anyone agree with this? IceCat 03-28-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ptaz 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-28-01, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ptaz Click to send private message to Ptaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Immunity Discussion"
I had heard the Immunity Challenge is a log-rolling type of event.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Immunity Discussion"
Skierdude, the best discussion of this has drifted to page two. It is in a thread called "Discussion of EP8.5 Spoilers".

<http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/1031.shtml>

Should bring you up to date...

md23rewls 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail md23rewls Click to send private message to md23rewls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Immunity Discussion"
We don't really know anything about the immunity challenge, and probably won't until the Early Show tommorow. I don't think log rolling will be the challenge. It would be way to short of a challenge.

kirin 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-01, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kirin Click to send private message to kirin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Immunity Discussion"

I found this over at <http://www.survivorfever.net> and wonder if it might possibly be of this week's immunity challenge? It does tie into the theories posted earlier this week about log rolling. Notice the logs at the bottom right hand side of the picture? If this has been previously discussed and discarded, I apologize. I have been lurking for about a month and don't remember it, but that's certainly nothing to go by. Please be kind to the newbie~

Kirin

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Way to go Kirin..."
Great first post...

Posted in an existing thread with something that merits some discussion!

Welcome to the board and thanks for your post.

I'm going to blow this pic up a bit and have a look at it.

I am particularily intrigued with the logs between the two towers in the lower right.

Thanks again, Kirin!

03-28-01, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Kirin has found an IC pic!"
This sure looks like it could be an aerial shot for a balance competition on water for immunity. The one I was predicting would be log rolling.

The 'logs' between the two platforms in the lower right look like they have been squared off on top for better footing or perhaps a plank has been nailed to the top.

Looks like there is a wide area close to each platform with a narrow portion in the middle. Perhaps they stand on the wide areas and and wobble their own 'logs' and the motion is transmitted thru the narrow center portion to knock the other person off.

The other platforms might be for cameras, note the two different angles. The higher one looks to be at exactly the right angle for the Colby pic. The lower one appears to be at the right angle for the Keith pic. The platforms for the the Jerri, Roger and Nick pics would be below the lower edge of the pic.

This is an excellent spoiler contribution, Kirin!

IceCat

kirin 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-01, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kirin Click to send private message to kirin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kirin has found an IC pic!"
Whew! After watching those in front of me get shot down lately I was a little wary of posting this at all. Thanks IceCat, I guess we'll find out tomorrow~

Kirin

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-28-01, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kirin has found an IC pic!"
Hey Icecat....where can I find the pictures of this supposed "balancing" act (or log rolling)?? I've red several posts concerning it, but haven't found any pics. Much appreciated!

Lizz Just Is

03-28-01, 09:29 PM (EST)
9. "Pics and Log Rolling Analysis"
The pics are here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1031&forum=DCForumID2&omm=1

The last pics of the tribe members (head and shoulder shots) look like they are taken during the immunity challenge...

My analysis is based upon a slow motion video analysis of a video tape of the preview and the analysis is located here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1031&forum=DCForumID2&omm=22

Kirin's photo definitely meshes with the idea of a log balancing competition as the IC for EP9. Even the water level is high in the photos.

IceCat

md23rewls 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail md23rewls Click to send private message to md23rewls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Does anyone agree with this?"
I think that this picture

And the one that Kirin posted are the same challenge. The water level in both of them are about the same. I still don't have any idea what the challenge might be, because log rolling seems way to short. I mean, how long could a log rolling challenge really last, if there is anyone out there that has tried it. It is my belief that the reward challenge is going to be primarily on the land.

03-28-01, 11:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Does anyone agree with this?"
The pic you have shown IS on land and is part of the reward challenge. It is a log over a pit of water dug in the sand. It is visible as a pink rectangle with a line thru it in the aerial shot of the obstacle course.

I made a detailed analysis in this post:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1031&forum=DCForumID2&omm=5

You can see sand in the foreground and the river in the distance. The depth of field in the image is compressed due to the use of a long focal length.

So Kirin's pic is not the same challenge... his is apparently from the immunity challenge (log/balance contest) and yours is from the reward challenge (obstacle course)

IceCat

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •