The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Want to see a Cruddy Reality Show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Want to see a Cruddy Reality Show?"
Then watch your NBC Affiliate Saturday Mornings a 11:30am. This ENDURANCE show is pitiful.

Three years ago I was watching the news and I left my TV on. I came back and saw the premiere of this reality show for Kids called Endurance. (Hosted by J.D. Roth)

The kids are the WORST strategists in Reality TV History, and always manage to make the dumb choices for the game. Elimination is a rip off of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

I watch every Saturday just to see how pitiful the show is. I Dare you to watch it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Want to see a Cruddy Reality Sh... tvhead 11-11-04 1
 RE: Want to see a Cruddy Reality Sh... 712 11-11-04 2
 But... AyaK 11-15-04 3
   RE: But... RealityRyan 11-15-04 5
 I love it survivorscott 11-15-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tvhead 230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-11-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvhead Click to send private message to tvhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Want to see a Cruddy Reality Show?"
how much strategy do you want them to have at what --11 ??

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-11-04, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Want to see a Cruddy Reality Show?"
Watched an episode once.
All the teams were gathered together having the big "TC" discussion thing with JD Probst, and one of
the girls announced, in front of everyone, that her and her partner lost the challenge on purpose because they "didn't want to be a threat."
Kind of defeats the purpose when you tell that to everyone, doesn't it?
Stupid girl.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "But..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-04 AT 11:35 AM (EST)

...the kids are so honest, it's almost painful. One spring morning, I was in a Sears repair shop with an entire line of people having lawnmower repairs. There was one little TV in the place playing the show. Four couples were left. One team (red) won the challenge, which meant that they got to nominate the two other teams who compete for the boot.

On the yellow team was a very pretty blonde, who apparently had been flirting shamelessly with the boy on the red team. However, in true kid fashion, she'd told the other girls that her flirting was purely strategic and that she had no interest in the kid. Naturally, the girl on the red team wanted to nominate her team as one of the final two. Even the boy on the yellow team couldn't stand her behavior any longer. But she turned up the flirting a notch with the red team boy since her team's survival was on the line. I honestly thought she might offer to sleep with him -- she did just about everything short of that.

The ENTIRE room was staring at this little 12" set to see what happened.

When it came time for the red team to announce their choices, the boy made the announcement. Blue team and ... yellow team. The girl shot him a look of pure malice. Everyone else cheered. And, frankly, just about everyone in Sears let out a sigh of relief. It was simply fascinating to see how much a simple display of honesty (we saw a clip of the girl admitting to another girl that she had no feelings for the boy at all) turned the show into "must-see TV" for all of these people at Sears who would never have watched the show without being in a captive position.

I've never seen Endurance again. I have no idea if the kids' cluelessness about strategy has led to any more scenes of disconcerting (but absorbing) honesty. But I haven't forgotten seeing it in a roomful of (generally) men who curled the waiting line in such a manner that everyone in line could see the TV.

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: But..."
Did anyone see the episode this season where they were laying down the little triangles? HILARIOUS!

Basically there's a big playing board with squares for each color team. The other teams take turns covering up the other team's squares until they effectively snuff them out... but the rules of the game are so assonine- one team goes and then they choose the next team... and so on, so two teams can bounce it back between each other the whole way.

But one of the moron kids decides to switch it up and choose a team not on their alliance... so of course they bounce it back between their alliance. BUT THEN another annoying kids sends it back to the other alliance, who then wipes them out. I know that probably made no sense, but if you saw that episode you realize how horrible these kids are at strategizing.

However, I love the big gay yellow team. All the other annoying kids hate them but they manage to hang in there alla Katie and Sarah from RW/RR Challenge fame.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-15-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I love it"
The kids may not know strategy but they sure know how to be cruel to each other. this season everyone seems to be picking on the "gotta be gay" boy. They are doing well though

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •