The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Full Sentence of what Keith said in new preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Beeblebrox 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Beeblebrox Click to send private message to Beeblebrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Full Sentence of what Keith said in new preview"
Hi I'm new here, but I saw this on the SS board and hadn't seen it here. http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=4133.topic

If you go half way down and click on the link to the Aussie Site for Survivor, they have the Aussie version of the preview up. In it Keith says "Kucha is in a good posision because we are going to sacrifice one of our Ogakore Members."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Full Sentence of what Keith sai... dangerkitty 03-28-01 1
 Mr.Beebebub and Beeblebrox, coincid... skierdude10 03-28-01 2
   RE: Mr.Beebebub and Beeblebrox, coi... Beeblebrox 03-28-01 3
       Ok, thanks for clearing it up.. skierdude10 03-28-01 4
 RE: Full Sentence of what Keith sai... ana128 03-28-01 5
 Keith "Early Show" Highlight tari32 03-29-01 6
 Meaning of 'Sacrifice' IceCat 03-29-01 7
   RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' PepeLePew13 03-29-01 8
       RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' Loree 03-29-01 9
       RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' BlondeGirl 03-29-01 10
   RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' dangerkitty 03-29-01 11
       RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' Outfrontgirl 03-29-01 12
           RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' Play2Survive 03-29-01 13
               RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' GG 03-29-01 14
               RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice' Outfrontgirl 03-29-01 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-28-01, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Full Sentence of what Keith said in new preview"
Welcome, Beelbebrox, and thanks for your post and link!

Great to get a full sentence on that.

The sneaky thing that I fear, is that his statement has nothing to do with TC but is because the players pair up to compete in a challenge, and an Ogie must be "sacrificed". Or something, anything, that doesn't mean what it sounds like. (Naah, MB wouldn't do that to us,would he?)

But oh how I hope it is true, that an Ogie is to be voted off.

What are the alternate meanings of this statement, and can we discount them?

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Mr.Beebebub and Beeblebrox, coincidence, maybe?"
Mr.Beeblebub (a.k.a MB) and Beeblebrox are very similar. Another planter maybe? or this may just be some guy who coincidentaly has the same name. Something to think about.
No offense intended.

Beeblebrox 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Beeblebrox Click to send private message to Beeblebrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mr.Beebebub and Beeblebrox, coincidence, maybe?"
Actually I had no idea he was called that. I get my name from a book call the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The full name is Zaphod Beeblebrox. Didn't mean to cause confusion, that's just a name I go by.

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-01, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Ok, thanks for clearing it up.."

ana128 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ana128 Click to send private message to ana128 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Full Sentence of what Keith said in new preview"
Hi!

I caught this link on another site. What do you think?

ninemsn.com.au/tvshows/survivor.asp

L8tr,
ana

tari32 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-01, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tari32 Click to send private message to tari32 Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Keith "Early Show" Highlight"
On the Early Show this morning they showed a clip of Keith making the same statement. I hope this doesn't mean he's next to go, like when Jeff bragged about picking off the Ogies.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-01, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 08:36 AM (EST)

Maybe the 'sacrifice' is that Keith doesn't like the idea of a head-to-head style competition in the IC where a two Ogakors could meet and have to eliminate one of 'their own' so to speak.

My log rolling/balancing theory would have a head-to-head elimination tournament as the IC.

This meshes well with the longer Keith quote given on the Aussie website.

Just a thought...

Am I obsessing on this log rollin' thang?

Y'all can tell me if I am!

IceCat

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

nahh... don't think you're obsessing, yet! i'd need to see more proof there's one because all we have to go on is some vague pictures and a "could-it-be?" pic of a log (not even sure if that's a log) between two stumps.

I didn't catch today's Early Show preview in full as I only turned to it in haste... but did I hear right that there will be 3 heats, 2 teams in the obstacle course competition?

Also, no mention of any log rolling or IC from what I was able to see. Can anyone shed further light on the Early Show that I might have missed?

Thanks...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
I watched The Early Show. And all I saw shown was the RC obstacle course and Jeff was talking about running it in pairs. They never mentioned the IC. Why the big secret with the IC this week?

I'm still not convinced the IC is log rolling. I'm not saying it isn't log rolling. I just haven't seen anything to convince me it is.

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-01, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"

>
>I didn't catch today's Early Show
>preview in full as I
>only turned to it in
>haste... but did I hear
>right that there will be
>3 heats, 2 teams in
>the obstacle course competition?
>

That's what they said...three heats with two teams. And that's about it. *Now* how do I make an informed vote? LOL!

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-01, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
IceCat, I do agree that if "sacrifice" is meant in regards to a challenge pairing, it would have to be IC, not RC. The RC would not have that tribe identification, or even the feel of "sacrificing". So if it is a challenge comment, it must mean that the IC is set up that way.

I unfortunately have a hard time believing that it means the most obvious thing, that Ogie will vote one of their own out.

Also, "Kuchas in a good position.."; even with an Ogie out, they still are up 4-3. How is that "good"?

BUT... I do still have hope of an Ogie ouster of Jerri...sigh.

dk

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

Glad you analyzed that so well, Dangerkitty. My exact reasons for not even considering Keith refers to RC.

As for IC, it could be construed that way, except that even if there are better odds for one Kucha to win immunity, that does nothing for the Kucha tribe's position in general, as the Ogies can simply switch targets.

Also, for his remark to reflect on IC (or any challenge) would require an interval between learning of the Challenge's details and performing it, and I don't see that happening with the immunity challenge. I think in the individual challenges that Probst is just springing it on them when they gather; does anyone think otherwise? Then when would Keith get to analyze the Ogakor disadvantage for the camera?

My feeling is that Keith is discussing voting strategy, and the risk entailed in booting an Ogakor at the current odds. Someone (sorry not to give credit--memory lapse) posted that in a different preview, Colby and Keith (maybe Tina) are in tent, discussing the money that's at stake. (I have not seen that broadcast here).

It's possible they tentatively decide to boot Jerri but then either change their minds (too risky) or she wins immunity, so that Keith's statement is true at the time, then superseded.

My gut feeling is that a Kucha goes anyway and that this episode's been insufficiently promoted to be the one where Jerri goes. I expect a lot of fanfare telling people they can't miss this episode when it's her turn, but of course I could be wrong.

Edit: I just realized that I'm wrong about the challenge prep, as the posts on log-rolling just reminded me, because they do get to practice for difficult unfamiliar competitions. My thought though is that that practice always gets hidden by the editing even though it's revealed in books, retrospectives, etc..
Therefore they wouldn't show Keith revealing his advance knowledge about a challenge.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-01, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
I'm with you that sacrafice probably does refer to voting strategy, or the "kucha is in a good position" doesn't really make sense. Still down 4-3 they are in a good position simply because none of them will have left the game as expected. This is such a hard week, because process of elimination has me seriously believing that a kucha leaves:

Liz: source code spoiler - it's too soon to blow this red herring, "liz does good in challenges" has not been seen yet.

Nick: little air time. there's got to be more of a story line to him before he goes. and if there's something to "the mole" theory, we haven't seen it yet.

Rodger: wieght loss and party point to him, but logic just isn't there. Liz and Nick should be top two choices, meaning whichever gets immunity, the other goes. The only thing I can dig up as a motivation is if Ogie is intent on breaking up Rodg and Liz and Liz wins immunity. Otherwise, there's just no reason for Rodger to go.

So process of elimination has me looking at Ogie:

Jerri is the obvious choice. She needs to go in next few episodes to satisfy Alicia spoiler. BUT......

I do believe there's a chance that the shocker is that Colby goes. Look, it's not a stretch to think that A/J/K/T do not want to go head to head with him in Final 4 - and any leak as to Colby's tactics will make him a target.

While I do not believe the common thinking that Jerri and Colby are teamed up for RC, I do agree with you that most likely one of the two RC winners will also be the IC winner - satisfying the "one shows the other up" clue.

6 hours till showtime.......

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
>Jerri is the obvious choice.
>She needs to go in
>next few episodes to satisfy
>Alicia spoiler. BUT......
>
>I do believe there's a chance
>that the shocker is that
>Colby goes. Look, it's
>not a stretch to think
>that A/J/K/T do not want
>to go head to head
>with him in Final 4
>- and any leak as
>to Colby's tactics will make
>him a target.

Yep, Colby would be a fine shock bootie - that's how I voted anyway. Last time I checked though, only 3 of us are taking that bet.

Something occured to me about how this might come about:

Kucha were all prepared to vote Jerri again and hope that someone in Kucha has finally had enough of her (re Liz detecting some friction in her conversation with Tina/Keith from Ep.8). But Jerri wins IC forcing a change of plans. Kucha decide to re-visit Colby, their first pick after the merge. Whoever in Ogakor was going to break rank and vote Jerri opts for Colby too becuase he/she knows that would be the logical thing for Kucha to do. He's had those 5 votes stacked up against him. Colby goes in a tie-breaker.

Problem is though, can you see Jerri winning the 'logging' IC. No I can't either.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Meaning of 'Sacrifice'"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

P2S, I've been going through the exact mental process when thinking about who goes and dealing with the same confusion. I arrive at Rodger due to spoilers, but the internal logic's not there, except for exactly what you propose--to break up an allied K pair. It's not secret to anyone that Lis and R have bonded, and Lis and Nick may well appear as only loosely bonded by tribe.

I also agree that Colby's a likely target for reasons you state, yet I have such a hard time envisioning J/A/K/T getting a chance to confer and plot that out at this stage of game. It's hard for me to imagine them coming together at all, so it seems that the numbers would need to have been shrunk to 5 or 6.

On the other hand, I can easily see a conversation where K/T/C debate the safety of booting Jerri just to rid themselves of the irritation, knowing that any Kucha would agree to vote along.

I also see them chickening out, because in a 4-3 scenario, Amber would get power as the swing vote (as others on this board have pointed out), and could bring about an Ogie boot in Ep. 10. Both Colby and Keith have too many votes against them to risk a 3-3 tiebreaker in Ep. 11. Whoever allies to boot an Ogie tonight would either have to be completely secure about Amber, or would have to vote Amber out. And why? She's not that irritating as a campmate.

I return to trying to imagine Rodger as a fairly surprising bootee, as he is the least threatening of the 3 K's. Also, he had a lot of face time in Ep.8; he fished; he prayed; he bemoaned the fate of his tribe; his story's ready for a wrap, unlike Nick or Lisabeth's.

Edit: GG, your post wasn't up when I wrote the above. Your logic appeals; of course, J/A don't have to join in a Colby boot discussion if it's K/T allying with Kucha. Problem is, that leaves them in a 2-3 alliance with L/R/N and loose cannons J/A off to side and pissed that their "ally" C's gone. Really risky.

Also, Keith's still displaying a lot of tribal identification when he says "Kucha" as if Kucha's still the Other, along with "our Ogakor members"--as in our voting bloc that's going to the finals. Granted, the whole quote is suspect because given us out of context, but it sounds like Keith's worrying about Kucha, not joining them.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •