The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can we stop this nonsense?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can we stop this nonsense?"
To the Romber lovers and the Romber haters, to the U/J lovers and the U/J haters....

ENOUGH!

Race is over!

Let's go home now.

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? happjack2002 05-11-05 1
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? fleaismycat 05-11-05 2
   RE: Can we stop this nonsense? bostonrobfan 05-11-05 7
       RE: Can we stop this nonsense? fleaismycat 05-11-05 8
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? ARnutz 05-11-05 3
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? seahorse 05-11-05 4
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? frisky 05-11-05 5
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? KeithFan 05-11-05 6
   RE: Can we stop this nonsense? okaychatt 05-11-05 17
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? PagongRatEater 05-11-05 9
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? Spidey 05-11-05 10
   RE: Can we stop this nonsense? J Slice 05-11-05 11
   RE: Can we stop this nonsense? FFantasyFX 05-11-05 12
       RE: Can we stop this nonsense? Draco Malfoy 05-11-05 13
       RE: Can we stop this nonsense? ARnutz 05-11-05 14
           RE: Can we stop this nonsense? FFantasyFX 05-11-05 15
               RE: Can we stop this nonsense? MTommy 05-11-05 16
   RE: Can we stop this nonsense? Dakota 05-11-05 19
       RE: Can we stop this nonsense? Spidey 05-11-05 20
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? protagonist 05-11-05 18
 RE: Can we stop this nonsense? okaychatt 05-12-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

happjack2002 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail happjack2002 Click to send private message to happjack2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
Come on its not even 24 hours since the show aired and the whole final episode will be talked about for ages because the Family Amazing Race is going to be LAME.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
I agree..it's getting pretty crazy around here. Do we need a bomb shelter?

Why is it that whereever Rob goes people seem to become very polorized, either loving or hating him? I was lurking around the Survivor boards during Allstars and I definately remember a similar response. I don't think anyone else creates such deverse opinions.

I'm sad that these poisonous attitudes are overshadowing what was a very enjoyable race.

I don't think they should allow betting on reality tv, btw.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
>Why is it that whereever Rob
>goes people seem to become
>very polorized, either loving or
>hating him? I was lurking
>around the Survivor boards during
>Allstars and I definately remember
>a similar response. I don't
>think anyone else creates such
>deverse opinions.
>

Why is it that Rob gets blamed for everything?

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
Honestly, not blaming Rob at all.

It just seems to be that people have a very strong reaction to him one way or another. Very few people seem, like me, to be Rob neutral. I was just wondering why that was. It was more of a random musing or intellectual pondering than a slap at Rob.

I still think he should have won All Stars but as far as TAR goes it is far more a game of luck and luck is a fickle mistress.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
Nope. Not gonna stop yet!

Come on! I actually have this morning off to talk about the show and you wanna go and take away my fun?

Part of the joy is coming to the boards the next day (or for several days after even)!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
There needs to be at least a few days to vent about the outcome whether you liked it or hated it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
Pfftt!

C'mon! This is the most fun I've had since my S2 lurker days!

The world is my litterbox.
Post-finale Bashers + coffee = a day at the spa.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Slice- while I tend to agree with you here, I'll let them have their time. It will all be over by Sunday night- just think what's going to happen if Katie gets into the finals and wins!

Edited because I can't spel.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-11-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
<just think what's going to happen if Katie gets into the finals and wins!

Whooo boy - what a hoopla that would be! The boards would be red with Katie's blood.

Can't wait!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
You're just saying that cause Gretchen and Meredith lost.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
But what if I'm a Romber AND U/J lover?

And I think that while Romber was the better TAR team, U/J deserved to win in many other ways?

And that the show is NOT fixed, neither for R/A, nor against them?

Do I still have to go home? That would make me sad.

Best.TAR.ever. BY FAR.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
Even not including the, um, "celebrities"

This season jumped a damn aquarium full of sharks.

I hope they recover.

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
>Best.TAR.ever. BY FAR.
>

I still think I would rate TAR Classic and TAR5 ahead of this one, but I also definitely think the TAR even/odd curse has continued (for those that don't know, odd numbered seasons of TAR = good, even numbered seasons of TAR = bad).

Eh, I probably should just start the inevitable rank all seasons of TAR thread.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
It's like the Star Trek movies, only reversed.

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
odd numbered seasons of TAR = good, even numbered seasons of TAR = bad

Disagree, TAR 3 sucked! Flo was one of the worst winners ever and let's not forget the horror that was Ian!

Eh, I probably should just start the inevitable rank all seasons of TAR thread.

Well, that will be fun! ... but will you be tallying all the votes?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
Flo winning was the low point of the season, but Zach definitely deserved his half of the final prize. So at least half the team was deserving, as opposed to the bland and disagreable tandem of Chex. And Ian was a hoot, I don't care what you say. The season also gave us the diesel fuel incident, Ken/Gerard and detour swapping, the Heave penalty, and the rather enjoyable disintegration of the anti-twin alliance. All in all, I would narrowly rank it above TAR2.

Eh, tallying votes? Heh . . . maybe I could fool sittem into doing it since he does such an excellent job on the Love List. Actually, I wouldn't mind. I'll go start the thread right now.

MTommy 80 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTommy Click to send private message to MTommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
Looking at the race and not 1/2 of the winning team TAR3 was indeed a good season. However mine is a boring old objective view that does not consider the racers personalities, but rather the development of the race itself.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
>But what if I'm a Romber
>AND U/J lover?
>
>And I think that while Romber
>was the better TAR team,
>U/J deserved to win in
>many other ways?
>
>And that the show is NOT
>fixed, neither for R/A, nor
>against them?
>
>Do I still have to go
>home? That would make
>me sad.

I think there's a pill for this, Spidey.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
And apparently it's be overprescribed here at RTVW.

protagonist 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail protagonist Click to send private message to protagonist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
You're right! And I was feeling pretty bad when I saw Amber tear up at the end when they were doing the interview part about how they were not the winners. I felt so sad for them for the first time. Then when they were running into the final pit stop and everyone was sort of fake clapping and I saw Rob's face that looked kind of sad and complacent I felt sad and thought maybe my "not liking" (not hating--I don't hate them) of this team has been unfounded.
CUT TO COMMERCIAL: A smokey portrait of Amber with big 80's hair and more make up than I have ever seen on her and a giant commercial of their upcoming televised wedding. Apparently CBS is spending a ton of money on their wedding and not to mention honeymoon (and not even having to use one of their many vacations won on TAR). Ah the feelings of sadness and remorse I felt in not liking this duo on TAR quickly fadded. Don't worry I told myself, they may not have won another million ("some people won't make this much money in their entire lifetime" says Rob--yet they already did through Amber???) but CBS has their back! I wonder how much CBS is dishing out in total for their nuptials and honeymoon? Anyone watching this? I for one have had quite enough of the Rob and Amber show which was TAR this season. Very grateful U and J won!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Can we stop this nonsense?"
<Race is over!
Let's go home now

I stay het up for a day or two after a show ends, then come to the mournful realization that it's really over.

Folks are entrenched in their opinions within a day or two after any episode, which is about as long as I'll keep coming to the thread.

After that, it's the same old, same old.

Color me gone until the next TAR. I'm gonna miss ya! (But there's still AI to get riled up about.)

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •