The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Uchenna and Joyce: I'm happy to tell you that you are the winners of the Amazing Race and one million dollars! You guys won despite starting last, losing all your stuff, having to make a special trip just to beg and having a flat tire. Nice teamwork, too. I must say, I was sure there would be a bad map-reading moment, but it seems you worked on that little problem. You found the pit stop and everyone cheered. How does that feel?

Rob and Amber: An uncharacteristic mistake on the bridge jumping - in order to jump off a bridge, you have to be on one. Not that it cost you so much time, of course. Poor Amber. You were stuck doing two RB's. You rocked the limbo one, didn't you? You were both calm throughout and that's admirable. Tell me, though, do you understand now what the other teams felt when you boarded that plane - the one that was held for you? Here, have a free wedding for a consolation prize.

Ron adn Kelly: My oh my. This "Amazing Race" we do here involves these "team" things you may have heard of. The idea is that a group of people (2 people, in our specific case) work together in order to achieve a common goal. At the risk of encouraging you both to continue living in your pasts, I'd like to point out that Ron's life experiences have led him to do this team goal-achievement, whereas Kelly's life experiences have trained her to beat down anyone in her path to get the crown, which she would then share with no-one. Maybe you're not so compatible. Just sayin'.

I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone who played our little Be the Amazing Racer game this season. Our regular players were:

Rob - seahorse
Amber - CwazyWabbit

Ron - ScubaSteve
Kelly - MissMyth

Lynn - Cygnus X1
Alex - Cygnus X1

Susan - TriGirl

Ray - warp_core breach
Deana - warp_core breach

Uchenna - cahaya
Joyce - LibraRising

Debbie - ARnutz
Bianca - ARnutz

Gretchen - kvasir

Also, thanks to BriarRosie, Draco Malfoy, Snidget, mikey and dragonflies for posting as non-characters.

You guys made this fun. See you for Season 8!

As always, anyone may post as a non-character (like U/J's cabbie), or as a character who was not claimed. Previously eliminated players are welcome to post their parting shots, too!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Yeh Mon!!! ARnutz 05-11-05 1
   RE: Yeh Mon!!! cahaya 05-11-05 3
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... seahorse 05-11-05 2
   RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... cahaya 05-11-05 4
       RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... BriarRosie 05-11-05 17
   RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... LibraRising 05-11-05 8
       RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... KLinDC 05-11-05 12
       RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... seahorse 05-11-05 13
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... cahaya 05-11-05 5
   RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... LibraRising 05-11-05 7
       RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... cahaya 05-11-05 10
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... cahaya 05-11-05 6
 *smooches* ARnutz 05-11-05 9
   RE: *smooches* LibraRising 05-11-05 11
       RE: *smooches* ARnutz 05-12-05 24
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... Cygnus X1 05-11-05 14
   RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... seahorse 05-11-05 15
       RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... Cygnus X1 05-11-05 22
           RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... seahorse 05-11-05 23
           RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... LibraRising 05-12-05 26
               RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... Cygnus X1 05-12-05 27
                   RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... Cygnus X1 05-12-05 29
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... BriarRosie 05-11-05 16
   RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... seahorse 05-11-05 18
       RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... CwazyWabbit 05-11-05 20
   RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... Scuba Steve 05-16-05 30
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... Seana 05-11-05 19
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... warp_core breach 05-11-05 21
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... MissMyth 05-12-05 25
   Speaking of Kelly and Evil Kelly... Cygnus X1 05-12-05 28
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... Scuba Steve 05-16-05 31
 RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing ... mikey 05-16-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Yeh Mon!!!"
During the 12 hour pitstop, the teams get to eat, rest and mingle. Here are a few Jamaican sayings I taught them during their break:

Rob & Amber (when leaving the pitstop) ~ JA: But wait, no Robot naw run tidey!

USA: I am waiting for a taxi and it's taking so long.

Ron (to Kelly) ~ JA: Massi Gad, pickney yuh face bumpy-bumpy an fayva grayta eeh?

USA: Girl, your acne is terrible.

Kelly (about me, the greeter) ~ JA: Im noh have noh broughtupsy! an Him smell green.

USA: He has no manners and he has perspiration odor.

Uchenna & Joyce (after having their luggage taken) ~ JA: Aye buff teet bwoy, tap fling up-fling up mi bag dem suh man.

USA: Sir, please don't throw my luggage like that.

"Dred"-fully,

~ The Jamaican Rastaman Mat Greeter

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Yeh Mon!!!"
Mon, we zuh won, rawb de Rawb!

USA: (Ask Phil, who is fluent in this dialect by now)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

We was rawbed. No question about it.

05-11-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 02:11 PM (EST)

Well, Rawb, gotta hand it to ya two. Fine race, right up the finish there. We finally pulled one of your tactics to get on that flight, and then get "local help" with our Spanish speaking taxi driver to find the cigar shop waaaay before you did.

Wanna cigar, dude?

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 11:57 PM (EST)

::reads list of instructions::

1. Pick up Uchenna and Joyce at the Miami airport. (See attached photos)

2. Wait for them after the first clue.

3. Ask them if they speak Spanish. (Keep it casual, so they don't know you're giving them a hint about the cigar shop.)

4. Drive them to the finish line, but make sure U/J pay the fare to the preset minimum limit.

---Miami cab driver

My tip sucked.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-11-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Awwww...c'mon, Rob. I can understand if Amber's upset, but you? You should be used to not coming in first on reality shows by now.

A worthy opponent were you.

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
>Awwww...c'mon, Rob. I can understand if
>Amber's upset, but you? You
>should be used to not
>coming in first on reality
>shows by now.

LOL!

05-11-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Actually the millions CBS is giving us for televisng our wedding more than makes up for what they did to us by trying to make the finish close.

05-11-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Thank you, Phil! Wow! We're so happy!

And about my Joyce... I'm so proud to be her husband. She is a true team player, with a heart of gold.

Er, umm, Phil, *ahem* Can we have our packs and our money back?

05-11-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
And now I'm going to get some jewelry of gold to match my heart.

Oh, and I know my darling Uchenna promised a lot of you (Phil, Gretchen, Meredith) that we'd be naming our children after you. Well, um, let me explain. It's kind of like that company that will name a star after you. We'll send you a little slip of paper bearing the honor, but the child's name will really be something else. But really -- the honor is there.

I love you all! Even you, Rob.

Thanks, Seana...it was loads of fun!

05-11-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Can't argue with this lady. The honor is hers.

Thanks to you too Libra!

05-11-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone who played our little Be the Amazing Racer game this season.

And thank you, Seana! You'd make a great TAR host! (Hey, you already are!)

It was a genuine pleasure and honor to roleplay Uchenna, a man of integrity, persistence and compassion.

05-11-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "*smooches*"
Hey everyone! Debbie & I had a wonderful vacation in sequesterville! We got to work on our tans and hang out with the other racers! We can't complain, we did win a bunch of money on that first leg!

~ Bianca

Hey Bianca, should we tell them we finally got Romber back? Yeah, I think we should! It's all over now and we can let the secret out!

Remember when we stopped for directions and they stole our cab from out in front of the hotel? Well, we were finally able to return the favor!

Yep, that's right!

We stole their cab in Little Havana!!!

*insert evil laugh here*

We were able to do so because Bianca speaks fluent Spanish and she convinced the driver to take us to the final mat so we could greet the winners!

~ Debbie

05-11-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: *smooches*"
Bianca speaks fluent Spanish and she convinced the driver to take us to the final mat so we could greet the winners!

You might want to brush up on your Spanish, muchacha, 'cause that's not exactly what you said. You didn't show up at the Ft. Lauderdale Howard Johnson's like you promised as "payment."

~the phantom cabbie

05-12-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
24. "RE: *smooches*"
¡Ah bebé! ¿Usted quiere que mí suba y le ve? ¡Podemos tener un tiempo fabuloso, si usted sabe lo que significo!

Translation: Oh baby! You want me to come up and see you? We can have a fabulous time, if you know what I mean!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
(gasping for breath) Alex and I? Could not be happier! (Unless, of course, we had won.)

What a delightful couple, Uchenna and Joyce. And her hair looks so nice! Alex, you ought to try that look sometime!

To Rob and Amberexia, we have but two words: Ha ha!

Now back to dancing, after which we work on that TV show deal! Let's do that Argentina river stroke again! One and two and . . .

Nice golf clap for Romber, BTW.

05-11-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
We're multi-millionaires. Your 15 minutes of fame is up.

05-11-05, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 11:26 PM (EST)

Excuse me? Not quite. We've got a wedding of our own to worry about.

Hello, CBS? Who needs you?
ETF link

05-11-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

Like I said your 15 minutes is up. Have fun at your Hot 89.9's Morning Hot Tub non-legal wedding.

05-12-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Ahem. And why wasn't I invited? Don't you need a matron of honor? I love being in gay wedding parties, because they never pick out those awful bridesmaid dresses.

*sniffle* We were allies, after all.

05-12-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Ixnay on the itationinvay istlay, otay?

You? Are so there. We'll make the end scene of "Rocky Horror" look like a stuffy rehearsal dinner.

05-12-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
But sweetie, I've never seen "Rocky Horror" . . .

Are Boris and Natasha in it?

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
So, two people without luggage want to board the plane after the flight is closed?

SURE! Why not! Lemme just call the pilot.

::calls the pilot, whispers:: "The team we held the plane for just arrived. I'm trying to make it look like we'd leave without them! I'll contact the ground crew to reconnect the jetway."

--- San Juan gate agent, American Airlines

The fix was in!

05-11-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Can I get that in writing.

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Come on, Hun! You know this was part of our agreement with CBS. We get all of the prizes, but don't win the million. Let Uchenna and Joyce have their little ol' one mill. We've got atleast 2 just for getting married on TV! So stop messing with the little people now, okay?

.....wait, did I just say that outloud?...okay, let's try this again, for the LAST time (now that we are married)....

Hun, you are the best. I am behind you all the way. You are always right. We will always do things your way.

What do you need that extra mill for? You have ME!

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-16-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Good job. Now here's your money.

-Jerry Bruckheimer, TAR Executive Producer

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
I spent all this time fixing it so Rob and Amber would win all the trips and Rob just taunted me about stealing my job. So I think, hey, Uchenna and Joyce are nice people, and they said they'd name their kid after me and all. So I called ahead to have a plane held.

And now, what do I see? Joyce tells me there will be no "Phil Agu"?? Some piece of paper is supposed to cut it? That's it! No-one gets any more favours outta me! No sirree bob! You can all just win or lose on your own merit. I don't get no respect.

Thanks for the kind words, peeps!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Well, I'm just glad it wasn't the oldsters! Not that they kicked our a$$ or anything like that and managed to survive and come in as team # 4... but they never won no prize!!

What can I say, I have respect for a team who is (almost) up to my high, physical standard. Uchenna's pretty buff and Joyce can sure kick! Congrats! Rob, you're too plump. Amberexia, well... Spend about 90 hours in the gym and then you'll be ready to compete! Just goes to show that you don't have to be wiley and smart in this game. You just have to be like me.

I hate old people. Romber sucks.

Seana, you did a great job! You're funny! Everyone was funny here! I had a great time and I'm looking forward to next season!

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 01:28 PM (EST)

This was just a terrible experience. It's not supposed to beee this way. You're supposed to play dress-up with Barbies, until you become the Barbie, then you win all the pageants, then you become Miss South Carolina, then you meet "THE one", and marry and have pretty kids to play dress-up with. And I just knew Ron was "THE one" because he took me out more than once, and he was supposed to propose at the end of the show while everyone cheered us for winning and Phil looked on like a kindly uncle.
We weren't supposed to lose all our stuff and make me go out in public without my make-up and borrow lipstick from total strangers and then LOSE the freakin' race!

And Ron's just mean, and all of you are just mean, and Phil's just mean and I want the whole Travelocity trip for myself so I can go far away from all the mean people.

From Kelly:

And Evil Kelly: (what do you mean, redundant???)

Thanks Seana, for hosting the game, and for letting me play.

05-12-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
28. "Speaking of Kelly and Evil Kelly..."
(stepping out of character, but it fits MM's post)

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the final "Photo Finish" contest on CBS' TAR site.

I think both Kellys can be proud. And thanks, Seana!

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-16-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
Y'all should be thanking me. If I hadn't turned the wrong way in San Juan, we would have won and then there be hundreds of threads about why Ron/Kelly shouldn't have won. I deserve some money for that.

Out of character: Thanks for hosting Be The Amazing Racer, Seana

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-16-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Finale Episode: Be the Amazing Racer"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

Every season it seems some down on their luck 40-something African-American couple from Texas wins TAR. Let's try to even the playing field to give the rest of us a chance.

-- Young, white alpha male TAR teams

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •