The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A River & I'll Swim to the Clue"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-02-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A River & I'll Swim to the Clue"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-02 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

TAR3 ep 5 “Cry Me A River. I May Be Able to Swim to the Clue”

Previously 9 teams travelled 1600 miles from Scotland to Portugal. The Airheads “Alliance Shmalliance” fell apart, Mrs Terrier found out what a drag Ian is, and Heaves got ho’d when they solved the wrong part of the clue. They’d have you believe it was a mistake anyone could have made, but all other teams worked out that “You must WALK to the pit stop” means walk, run, skip, jump or hop, but don’t hop in a cab.

When Heave were first to arrive at the Pit Stop, Eve said it was ‘psychotic’ that no other teams were there. She looked a bit of a psychotic rich kid herself who’d kill her parents and say it was because she suffered emotional trauma from having too much money. Heather said “it was a bad way to go out.” So much for the lawyer career, it would seem. However, creative redefinition is where it’s at these days and Heave-types are in demand. “No way blowjobs are sex.” “Sure, you can ‘invest’ those pension funds on your own behalf, sure.” We’re not gonna run out of Bill Clintons and Enrons any time soon.

Phil V-O’s that Lisbon has been a world centre of culture and science for more than 2000 years. On the banks of the Tigris River is that well known restaurant and fortress nightclub & hotel, the Tour de Belem. Protecting Porto for 460 Years! Entertaining for Six! Eight teams are mandatorily eating sandwiches and resting on couches. Hardly the lap of luxury. Teams aren’t doing well at “mingling” either: Airheads are talking to each other while Mike & Kathy view the countryside from a rooftop. Looks like the Heaves’ departure really tore a giant hole in the Shmalliance.

Phil makes it sound fresh and new that teams will be solving clues to get to the route markers. Up to last ep, instructions have been straight forward. Phil frightens us by posing the questions: Can Aaron & Arianne rise from last place? Will Teri&Ian fall back? This bodes ill. It’s a well-known Reality TV Inverse Ratio: the fact of being mentioned as possibly losing multiplied by the viewers’ wish to have them do so equals the actual chances of not seeing it happen.

It’s 229pm and having been promoted from “second team to arrive” KG are first to leave. The clue is less instruction and more clue: teams are to get to the westernmost point in continental Europe. Phil lets us in on the joke: the historic site is in Portugal and only a taxi “hop” away.

Ger finds a giant park in which to unfold the lifesize map of Portugal he invested in. He struggles to hold it down but finally locates Cabo Da Roca. In answer to Ken’s nervous question, Ger says no no no, it’s too close to fly. It’s only 22 miles away.

FloZzz depart 231pm and we learn teams get $500 for this leg. Flo says Zach has gotten better at dealing with her emotions on this trip. When did he have opportunity to really deal with them before, I wonder. The previews revealed she’s to be freaking out later. Does this foreshadow him going Ian on her?

At 232 pm, the Super Arnolds are super confident, thanks to being in the happy BroAlliance. Gerard sees them and scuttles over, throwing the map under a tree, almost as if he were trying to hide the fact that he was using a map. He’s all clandestine as he informs them he’s located the destination. Ger is definitely strangely whispering and looking over his shoulder “keep it under your hats, we’re being watched.”

233 Andre & Damon depart. It says “Team 911” onscreen, which I finally realize is a reference to their Cop & Fireman jobs and not to Sep. 11. A world of difference between Team 9-1-1 and Team 9-11. That difference might be recalled as The Other Side. ;)

Andre&Damon get their first DR and it’s unmemorable as to content but totally useful for player identification. Andre refers to “Damon and myself” so Andre is the lighter skinned better looking one. Since the Mandatory Pit Stop has yet to include reference to Sh*t Shower & Shave, we’ll likely never know if he shaves for effect or actually is bald. Andre is better looking even if you don’t like bald men with moustaches. Did Damon take on Mike Tyson? Win or lose, his features have a squashed & “needed to be sewn back on” look. He’s the darker skinned one with closely cropped hair and sporting the big earring in his left earlobe.

They say they don’t know where they’re going. Have they lost their Route Info already? Did Gerard buy the last map in all of Porto? Is Damon’s face making people refuse to serve them in shops and run the other way in the street? No, none of the above. They just can’t be bothered to work out the cryptic clue. :rolleyes How do teams like this last even this long?

While KG spent money & time buying and looking at a map, FloZZZ simply asked the map sellers how to get to the westernmost point in continental Europe. They’re directed to walk to nearby Belem Train Station and are soon aboard a train bound for Cascais, the stop closest to the Roca.

The BroAlliance, incompetently led by Dicktator Gerard, look surreptitiously for a taxi to go to Santa Apalonia Train Station, trying to keep other teams (read the SpyGuys) from working out where they’re going. Too bad Ger’s map didn’t come with a map of Porto. They could have walked to Belem Station. Andre & Damon instruct their cabby to follow BroAlliance’s cabby. Isn’t Team SpyGuys perfect for the lot of them?

234 Terrier Time! Yip Yip Yip, Ian is nipping at Teri’s heels, “Where we going, where we going, where we going?” Teri voices-over that “After 21 years of living with somebody you learn where to put your foot down.” Meaning? We’ve yet to see her put her foot down anywhere, tho we’d like to see her put it down his always-open yap. Ian is now saying, “you’re not zipped, you’re not zipped.” So ZIP IT she snaps. Ian is Broken Record boy today, but then why should today be different from all other days? Team Terrier learn from some woman in a carpark that it’s 30 km to “Cabo de Hota.”

236 and JV&J bound out. So many teams have dog qualities this year. Jill tells us that neither she nor John Vito makes the decisions - it’s always a group effort. “Group” seems wrong for just two, that is, until I factor in the 3rd team member and his entourage: ouija board, psychic, and contact on the “other side.” Maybe “group” is right after all. They pepper the cabby with remarks: “As fast as you can go.” “Would a train be faster?” “No?” So they sit back. Jill has on lumenescent lipstick and for some reason that makes me wonder how long we’ll have to wait until her “group” is arguing.

At Belem Train Station FloZzz are boarding a train to Cascais, Zack feels good about what they’re doing. They’re the only Team on this train. Like it or not this team could be in it for awhile. Zack is doing ok even without the Shmalliance.

240 MMMK find the only English girl in the park, and she tells them the “westernmost point” is 22 miles away. Michael says, “So it’s in England?” :ROFL Cabbing it all the way, Michael bets not a lot of teams got the quick help they got. Kathy is less sure. She DRs they love each other, but don’t say it -- action speaks louder than words. Heh, this relationship moved forward quickly. I remember when his action was to say, “We don’t got to sit next to each other. I don’t even like her.” . TAR - the Amazing Love Cruise Race.

At 254 Airheads are last to leave. They’re all alone in their own Shmalliance. He tells us that after being 3rd, 2nd, 4th, it’s really hard to be last. I thought he also said something about “the pack” but is further proof of their dogginess really required?

Ian the Annoying is more annoying than usual today, as he chomps, vigorously breaking in a new piece of gum. Teri keeps up the workoug on my Annoy-O-Meter by yelling “Taxi” while still on a pedestrian overpass. In the cab, Ian says he’s the pilot and she’s the navigator. “When I say we fly, we need to fly.” Teri looks grims but keeps it zipped. Will the foot be down soon, Ter?

The Shmalliance tell us they asked around and learned the “usual” way to get to Cabo da Roca is by bus and train. They hope other teams are doing just that, while they are going all the way by taxi. I for one am amazed to hear the generic “other teams” instead of “those twins” or “those brothers.”

Two cabs pull up to a light. Gerard opens with a fake friendly “hey there.” The unlucky greetees are JV&J who reply “Where ya going?” Gerard’s face is a study in delight. They fell for it! “Can’t tell ya.” nya-nya ya boo. Maybe JV&J deserve a snub for befriending Shmalliance, but that little stunt makes me dislike the Dicktator more. That was more Snitback than Payback. Have we missed something horrible that JV&J did to the Bros?

John Vito then asks his cabby where that other cab is going, and learns that the Bros are headed for Santa Apalonia Station, or as Jill says “the train-o.” Way to make up the languge as you go along, Jill-o. Again they ask if it’s faster by cab. Would the cabbie tell them if it weren’t? However, in this case it probably is fastest to taxi all the way, because (1) it’s only 22 miles (30k), not that far, (2) the train doesn’t go right to the Roca, so (3) train teams will need another taxi to get them to the actual route marker location. I don’t mind JV&J working this out but it pisses me off that Shmalliance worked it out too.

SpyGuys A&D successfully follow the Bros to the Faraway Train Station, but still don’t know where they’re going. I have zero sympathy for this “predicament.” I would like to know why they rejected all normal methods of finding out the identity of the destination. Why are they acting as if maps, Information Desks and passersby are out of bounds, but tailing other teams is perfectly okay? It’s not like the town is deserted - it’s 3 in the afternoon. If they plan to rely on others to do the “hard” clue-solving stuff, then by rights they should be eliminated soon.

They approach the Twins and tell them that they’re just going to follow them, so why don’t they just tell them where they’re going? It’s a 9-1-1- for 4-1-1 these guys need information!! They’re even willing to buy their way in, offering Gerard 30 Euros for the Bros’ help. I wonder how Police Guy handles regular surveillance work. “I don’t know what you are up to, but I’ve been assigned to tail you, so why don’t you just tell me which shady looking character you’re gonna meet, where & why? Here’s $30.”

Gerard puffs up his chest, takes charge and calls for a Bro-Huddle “c’mon c’mon c’mon.” (He reminds me of that squirt Joe Pesci.) A twin agrees that if they’re gonna follow anyway, may as well get their money and maybe a favor later. SpyGuys are in the BroAlliance for the duration of the train ride. Woo!

TAR producers finally find a reason to use helicopter footage and we get a 10 second overhead view of cars on a road. One car makes a daring move of overtaking while going around a bend. It’s the Shmalliance’s cab. Lord A exults that there’s a good chance that although they were last to get going today (by a half hour) they’re not gonna be last to arrive at Cabo de Roca. JV&J in their cab note the awesomeness of where they are, which is fine, but the moment is spoiled somewhat when they express the hope that they’re the first to get here.

FloZach at Cascais Station. It’s their turn to stupidly leap from the train yelling Taxi! Every episode somebody de-trains and yells “taxi.” Are roads that close to trains? I mean ever? Taxis are always outside the train station on the road.

Shmalliance at the Detour. Airon counts the clues and looks smug but saves his comments for later. Airianne rips with a flourish, thereby unleashing the Mighty Phil to do his bit. Ropes or Slopes calls for teams to get to the next route marker by 1. taking a shuttle bus to the top of Ursa Cliffs and rappeling down to the shoreline, the “fast but scary way” or by 2. hiking the “long physically tiring” way that might take a while.

Shmalliance & JV&J choose Ropes. JV&J shuttle up to the clifftop, Jill oozing excitement at how scary it will be. She chose that moment to stick her hand right in JV’s crotch. “Wooh!” Coincidence? I hope not! He made a weird look. “Wooh!”

Airianne is first to rappel. Airon calls out ‘Arianne I love you’ and she calls back ‘I love you.’ After all their bitchiness I think it’s too late to work up a love-vibe around these two. Blech. Aaron is wearing a head cam. Turn away if you’ve a weak stomach. I know I’m not ready for his close up. Double Blech!!

FloZach arrive. The real treats are about to begin. Flo notes that the cliff is really steep (it’s 300’) and she doesn’t want to rappel because it’s all like that and she doesn’t know how. Airon is encouraging Airianne- “You got it girl!” What, no “wooh?” He says he is scared. She is “woohing” her way down. Oh good, all’s right with the world. No experience is complete without a “wooh” from at least one but preferably both teammembers.

MMM is actually unbelievably saying to K “you wanna rappel?” OMG - he’s considering the scary option? Terriers are going to rappel. Their clue-reading informs us that two teams rappel at the same time, which explains why we see a player from one team beside a player from another team, and not both players from the same team going together.

It’s 4pm and 6-man SpyGuyBroAlliance is at Cascais. They look forlorn standing at a deserted taxi stand. Team Info Emergency hooked up with the wrong teams this week.

Back at the Cliffs, JohnVito is down before Aaron, whose rope is caught. Jill says again that it is scary. Aaron’s rope is still caught, but unfortunately not around his neck.

MMMichael explains that he can’t keep taking the coward’s way out of all these roadblocks, it’s time to go over the cliff. WOO!

Lord Airhead makes it to the bottom and the dimbot kisses the rock. He mouths “motherf*cker”, which the Sound Guys blank out but the Visual Guys leave in. Instructions are to choose a marked car and drive 250 miles to Algeciras Spain, then ferry to Tangier, Morocco. Jill woohs, Airon says he “knew it.” You hoped more like it. With any luck he & Airianne can score some hash and forget to continue in the Race.

Flo is channeling Parachute Eve, doing the “what happens if” routine. What happens if I get detached, what happens if I slip what happens if I fall? Maybe you’ll get some sense knocked into you. Zack is laughing at how she’ll freak out when she realizes how hight and how steep it is. D*ckwad. Flo is in her harness, babbling the while. Not keen on this is Flo. “Is this a joke?” she asks. Weird dramatic music. Mrs. Terrier does a “what if this comes undone?” You fall, says Instructor Guy. Flo is crying a bit. Of course break now for station identification.

Flo goes over the edge, literally. Michael is to go next, so he’s standing there trying to talk her through it. Er, Michael? Where is Zack? Flo goes over the edge figuratively, she can’t feel the next rock underfoot, and she’s hysterical. waah, Waah WAAH I CAN’T DO THIS. LET ME BACK UP WAAAH. Genuine Total Fear. Hard to laugh. Hard not to. Impossible to turn away. Emotional Trainwreck. I rewatched twice. For my Recap. ;)
Now Zack is kinda pissed off cuz Flo is crying like a 5 year old and refusing to do the rappel. She is clambering back up and it’s the hike for these two. “Let’s go have a walk, you made a great effort,” Zack tells Flo. She’s shaky like leaves. So am I. As FloZac leave to do the walk, Ian sticks out his hand to shake Zach’s, but Zack ignores him. Unfazed, Ian tells the camera man that this is where “we” can get ahead. Annoy-O-Meter clicks.

BroAlliance arrives. All rappel. The guide tells Ian that rappelling is very easy. Ian knows. A-O-M click. Kathy says it was cool to see Mike doing something scary. He hurt his hand but he says it “aint no thing” he’s just worried about his girl - awww - aint love grand! Ian bounces down like he’s done it before. He’s still a major pissant so I’m not cheering for him. A-O-M click

Zach V-O Drs that he wanted to make sure Flo was okay. She looked dry, so I don’t think she pissed her pants with fear. The walk was gruelling and a bit of a pain. When Kathy gets done MMM gives her a kiss - AW. Teri gets stuck, so Ian screeches - so what else is new? A-O-M click, She shrieks at him to shut up then when she is down she shrieks that she made it. Ian the Pissant says “2 teams ahead of us, we gotta move.” A-O-M click.

Gerard is starting down the rappel, and says “Ken I luv ya, but if you don’t do this, I’m gonna kick yer ass.” A-O-M click. Hey, whoever is annoying, alright? Derek & Drew, in last place as they decide to rappel, are very subdued. Perhaps they should re-think the alliance with Dictator For Life Gerard. Andre & Damon are even ahead of them. Damon says he’s rappeled for the fire department, and indeed he’s down in a jiff. A piece of cake. Damon: “that was sweet.”

Flo & Zack find their clue, so it wasn’t THAT big of a walk, but they probably yakked the whole time about life and danger and what some kid did to her when she was 6 that made her so afraid of heights, and the walk just flew by. She looks a little unsteady standing on the large pebbles near the clue box.

Gerard is on the ground calling up to Ken “Just pretend there’s a dozen glazed donuts at the bottom.” Wheee - Pieces of cake! - look at Ken fly down the cliff! Flo calls up - Go Kenny! He even beats Cop Andre, who lacks the practice Damon has had.

Back to the Airheads, all happy cuz 12 hours ago they thought they were eliminated. Don’t remind me, I was happy then.

JV&J driving to Algeciras to ferry across the Mediterranean to Tangier Morocco. Michael driving for MMMK, saying today was not bad - he’s seen worse days on the race. Lovely shots of the sunset and some gorgeous Spanish classical guitar. Nice.

Gas station time. Airheads are first to speak of stopping for gas. Airon pats the steering wheel and says, “This little baby, she needs a nice batch of unleaded.” uh-oh. Did you ask her? Duh Duh Duhhhh. It’s Walk to the Pit Stop all over again.

Damon is refuelling and notices it says ‘DIESEL” inside the fuel tank cover. Okay, he gets diesel. Wow, how simple was that? JV &Jill-o stop for gas, and JohnVito also notices the word Diesel . Alright - they’ll get diesel. hum diddle diddle dee. I don’t hate these teams nearly enough to begrudge them getting this right - give ‘em a round of applause!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A Ri... AMAI 11-02-02 1
   RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A Ri... vsuri 11-03-02 2
   RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A Ri... MsShel330 11-03-02 3
   RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A Ri... VA Slim 11-03-02 4
   RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A Ri... L82LIFE 11-04-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-02-02, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A River & I'll Swim to the Clue"
Part 2
Here’s Shmalliance, hard at work on which term means “unleaded” LadyA says “sin means without.” Woo! :lol Michael reports to Kathy that he had trouble telling “them” unleaded - oh no - oh shoot - nooooo. All of a sudden I’m sobered up. I like THIS team. Why do they have to be one of the stupids? Damn, soon as I declare a team to be my favorite, that’s the curse. Should I stop picking favorites? No! Have I mentioned how much I love Aaron & Aariane? And Ian! What a stud!! Woo!

Speaking of Ian, Mrs Terrier pipes up to ask The Pilot, “We’re not diesel are we?” “No.” I wonder what made her even ask? They’re filing up and we see where the word DIESEL is inside the gas tank cover, as Ian officiously gets reg’lar gas. :lol

Ken is driving and giving a BroUpdate. “We have gas and a sandwich.” (Doesn’t gas come after the sandwich?) “We have no money, but Gerard needed to get his sandwich,” continues Ken. “Well I’m hungry I needed to eat,” is Ger’s lame retort. Oh why don’t you boys find a grassy knoll on which to trip each other up? Who’d have figured Ger as the one who “needed to eat?”

Let’s spend a minute with the Wonder Twins. They have been very Under The Radar this ep, which does make a nice change. We all needed a bit of a Twin Breather, not just from hate spewed at them but also from their laughing smiling “like water off a duck’s back” attitude. They do notice they need to get diesel, as camera changes to... Shmalliance’s car breaking down. Lord Airhead hits a small panic button “Do you feel that? Something? OMG the car is breaking down.” OMG I do feel it!! I think I’m bursting a blood vessel here! :lol

FloZach are busy getting unleaded. Now I know I’m gonna die laughing :lol Back to dead Shmalliance car. “No acceleration. Oh there’s no brake.” ROFLMAO. Oops MMK’s car is broken down. Kinda scary, he says. Nooo, I say sober again. Terriers’ car is breaking down, FloZach’s car is breaking down. “What happened here?” Back to ROFLMAO.

Teri: “Hope you didn’t put in the wrong gas.” Ian: “I put reg’lar gas.” Teri: “Hope it wasn’t diesel.” Ian: “NO.” Teri: “I mean the car.” Ian: (pause) “Good point.” Holy crap, Batman - did you hear that? Ian actually said “good point” to Mrs. Terrier. A red-letter day if ever I saw one.

Andre & Damon are happy. They’ve got the right gas, Andre is driving and they don’t foresee having to read any more maps or clues for a while. They have no idea how well they’re doing.

Jill driving. Twins driving. They reach Seville “Yay, back into Spanish-speaking country.” Ken singing, not badly either, but Dicktator for Life is Not Happy With The Singing. “Would you shush?” He’s irritable, guess he got gas with the sandwich after all. John Vito tells Jill to slow down a bit “You’re not in Portugal anymore, ya can’t drive like a race car driver.” HAHA

Montage of looking at the gas tank cover, FZ: “yep right here it says diesel.” Teri “yep it’s diesel” and she slams the cover shut in disgust. Way to put yer foot down, there, Teri. hmmph
Montage of Race is Blown: Ian “that’s it the race is blown.” MMK: “Oops -could be out baby, looks like we’re gonna get ‘liminated.” Airon: ”that’s it, the car is dead, the race is blown. I want to go home.” AOM click click click. It’s all annoying.

Commercials. ”Could your car insurance rates go up?” :lol

Airheads try to flag down a car by jumping up and down in the dark. Terriers walk to a gas station. He says all they need to do is disconnect the gas line. She asks how do you do that? He seems pretty sure of himself here, and maybe there is more to their relationship than we’ve seen so far. I mean, 21 years, there’s gotta be something he can do.

FloZach. Flo, “This is like a twilight zone. We’re gonna walk to the gas station.” Back to the Shmalliance. Lord A is sitting by the side of the road, head in his knees, crying about the mistake. “I’m so humiliated right now.” Oh ho ho ho. You don’t even know how dumbass you look dumbass. :ROFL I’m dyin’ over here. This is even better than The Flow. At least with Flo it was about genuine fear. With Airon, it’s about genuine self-pity. I’m not feeling sorry for him for being a doofus. WOO! :lol

MMK in their car. He’s lamenting the piece of crap car. Then he tries checking under the hood. Kathy is concerned cuz usually he’s the one calming her down. K says this is the first time he’s gotten angry the whole trip. If that’s “angry” he’s a keeper.

FloZack get to the gas station. He says “This is where miracles are made.” Who let CheezyMan onto the set? He talks Spanish and organizes a tow truck to collect their vehicle.

SpyGuys are first at Algeciras Ferry station, but don’t look happy about it. They were among the last teams to do the rappeling. They must have wondered if they’d misread the clue or gotten something else wrong. Yet they don’t actively second-guess themselves, settling down to wait.

Flo gears up for more hysterics. “This race is over, so over. We should back out. This car is majorly f*cked up. I don’t want to drive in the car and have it explode.” Does it get lamer than Zach “It’s gonna be okay.” Then Zach voices-over that he feels close to Flo and when she gets discouraged and says she wants to give up, it definitely affects him.” Wow, so much love caring & sharing going on here :rolleyes

Terriers are at the gas station. Ian has a ratio of one Spanish word to 25 English ones, but Gas Guy seems to understand. “We put gasolina in the car, and it was supposed to take diesel.” Guy gives Ian a siphon hose and off they go, and for once it’s Ian carrying the heavy object (the tank of diesel) while presumably Teri is carrying the siphon hose. He gets busy under the car, she worries and frets, and sits and worries, and before ya know it, Ian has actually fixed the car all by himself. He’s found and disconnected the fuel line, drained the gas tank, replaced the fuel line (I guess but we didn’t actually see that part where he has to lay IN all the gas UNDER the car.)

JV&J arrive at the Ferry Station. Jill “Hey hey hey what’s the word?” Oh brother. Both teams are happy to see somebody they recognise, but they’re not ecstatic, cuz neither team thinks the other is up to much, so it’s not like it’s THAT reassuring.

FloZzz’ car starts up and Flo leaps into Zach’s arms. Yippee. She’s all smiles again and for just a second she looks kind of cute. Then she opens her mouth and spoils the illusion. “Zach has really stepped up to the plate and taken me under his wing.” Who writes this crappy dialogue? Oh, they do.

Terriers are truckin’. Mrs T. is just beaming in the back seat. She is SO proud of her Ian. She’s V-Oing that she doesn’t believe he did it - it’s, like, cool.” He’s smiling in the front seat, but still chawing that stupid gum, and kind of shaking his head, like he’s thinking, “See how great I am. Why doesn’t everyone appreciate how great I am?” Annoy O Meter clicks again.

MMMK’s vehicle broke down near a 4star hotel, so they check in and plan to deal with the car in the morning. They’re very laid back. Too fricken laid back, if ya ask me... 3 other teams had the same problem, but are getting it fixed and getting going again. I’m getting major “we’re done with the Race” vibes.

The Wonder Twins are hoping to be ahead. Good thing we heard them say this with our own ears, cuz who would have thought they’d feel this way? They also lament that Ger has the map. Wow, it really WAS the last map in all of Portugal & Spain.

Airheads are just sitting by the side of the road. He’s stopped crying, she’s stopped petting him like he was a large dog. They’re back to their normal “Camera Whore”personas. He is calling out ‘Help us.’ She says ‘Ayudame.’ Phoney bimbos the both of them.

We get to see the inside of MMMK’s hotel corridor and room - funny how I can picture the complete mess the two of them are gonna make of those sheets. Hot Lovin’ Babes! They say they’re not gonna give up. But they’re not “working through the night” either. She’s happy to see his vulnerability. I’m gonna be sad to see them go, but them’s the brakes.

Airheads are finally being rescued. Shoot. I was hoping they’d rot by the side of the road til morning. They’re told that the company that rents the vehicle will cover the cost of fixing it. Meanwhile the BroAlliance is busy showing up at the Ferry Station, KG 3rd and Wonder Twins 4th. It’s a 7am ferr y departure and off those four teams go.

Ah morning. MMMK look rested and happy. They enjoy morning coffee, croissants while they wait for the car to be fixed. They’re hoping others made a similar mistake and are in the same boat. Um, do you see them at the 4 star hotel with you? Zack & Flo are just getting to the ferry and they spot the Terriers. ZF are back to situation normal, bickering as they run for the ferry. They hope the Terriers miss it. How can we not love teams like this? Terriers make it with seconds to spare, “We made it indubitably.” blech. AOM click. No chance to warm up to Ian. One good deed, and he’s good to go for another 1000 assholian comments and actions.

SuperSpyGuy Alliance & JV&Jill arrive in Morocco, where the next clue tells them to find Viajes Flandria Travel Agency and sign up for charter buses. The delicious part of this is that 4 teams are competing for only 3 spots on the first bus. One of these teams will be on the next bus, departing an hour later. A nice bit of unbunching. It’s first come first serve and taxis all round, barkeep. I’m beginning to think some of the cabbies are planted by TAR to deliberately screw up the teams.

KGB’s jump in a cab. The Twins say to their cabbie “follow them” and SpyGuys do the same. :lol It’s a race for that first bus to Fez in the Old City where they will get the next route marker. By luck of cabbies, maps, and general Dicktator qualities, KG are 1st, Andre & Damon 2nd, Derek & Drew 3rd.

When JV&Jill arrive, Dicktator steps up to tell them not to bother hurrying. AOM click. Dicktator is getting more clicks than Ian on the Annoy-O-Meter today.

The 2nd ferry boat is in, bearing its precious cargo of dogs and hysteria. MMMK are finally on their way to catch the ferry to Morocco. They’re toast. I was still hoping that they might still have a chance to catch the same ferry as Shmalliance.

Awaiting their ferry, Lord Airhead says he went from happy and excited to bitter and jaded in 24 hours. No. You went BACK to bitter & jaded. The happy exicited was just a momentary setback. MMMK are still driving, but they’re in daylight while it’s dark at the ferry with the Airheads. What’s the deal here? I know MMK are behind, but they’re not on the other side of the planet.

Front teams have released the next clue and it’s a Roadblock. Phil appears in an unflattering green stripey shirt to do his Phil Riff-For-First Timers. This time you need a good sense of direction and not much sense of smell to race through the narrow streets of a marketplace known for its leather looking for Dar Dak Tannery, where you search 25 vats full of foul smelling dye and fabric to locate one of 3 vats with clues.

Ger the Dicktator gets kids to help him. Damon offers money to the kids to help him. Hey, the strategy is working, but where are these guys getting all this extra dough? It’s hardly being built into the Money For The Leg, is it? Damon says sometimes you gotta pay for the services, and something about those words causes the phrase “paying for IT” to pop into my head.

Gerard is at the tannery and says he’s gonna be sick. Damon is quick to find the clue and get back. Gerard also manages to find the clue and keeps the BroAlliance alive by uselessly telling TwinWhoDoesIt to look in the vats, and “it’s hard.” AOM click

Shmalliance is alone on the ferry. The vat clue instructs teams to choose a marked vehicle and drive across the city of Fez to the Borj Nord, a fortress built 420 years ago to protect the city of Fez. Accommodations continue to decrease in age. There’s no mention of last team elimination... Here’s Phil now in his greenstripes to set that issue straight. The last team to check in Will Be Eliminated. Thanks, Phil, I was wondering...

KG ask a cab where Borj Nord is. A&D say they’ve moved up two places. And in case we missed it a Twin tells us again that last team in is out. This has felt like a long ep. KGBros are at the pit stop, running in, yelling “Hey Phil !” They are Team No. 1 (and so you don’t forget they’ve already used their Fast Forward). Hey nobody even thought about going for the FF this ep. Or last ep. I wonder what they were? As winners of this leg, K&G are to be the proud owners of a Kodak Easy Share Digital Camera which they will enjoy fighting over after the race.

SpyGuys, Andre & Damon are Team No. 2.

Airheads arrive in Morocco, while Wonder Twins park their butts on the Mat to be proclaimed Team No. 3. (and let’s not forget that they used their Fast Forward in ep2.)

John Vito is looking in smelly vats. Teri declares that Ian has a not so keen sense of smell (figures!) so he, along with Zack, go off to handle the Roadblock task.

While the Airheads wait for their charter bus they hope another team joins them. JohnVito & Jill and Flo & Zack jump on the mat together. They are Team No. 4. A few moments later, Teri & Ian are deemed Team No 6. Woos all round.

Airon does the smelly roadblock, and Shmalliance are sure it’s all over for them. Airianne is wearing her extra hair for what she is sure is her final appearance on the show. But no, Aaron and Arianne (huge pause) You are Team No 7. woo.

Night falls. Hours pass. Phil has to be gotten out of bed to come greet MMMKay, even tho they were given the Go Straight to the Pit Stop Clue when they arrived in Morocco.

Michael & Kathy eliminated - boohoo. He was sexy as hell and funny too, and she was cool & calm and willing to have a go at things. He finally did something scary (the rappeling). But most of all it looks like things are looking good on their relationship front. And this is really what they came to find out.

Phil looked kind of sad to eliminate them. Kathy says, “we were ready.” Phil says that before the race they hadn’t spent too much time together, so, now that they have, “what about the long-distance thing? Are you gonna keep that up?”

“No,” says Michael, “that’s over. It’s time for Kathy to move to my side, the best side, the west side.” She’s smiling, so it looks like she’s going to San Diego.

Next time there are confrontations in Marrakech. Ian of course is yelling at somebody, but this time it’s not his wife.

Bad news is, won’t be til 2 weeks from now. Next week OMG no TAR for us BOOHOO!

vsuri 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-03-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vsuri Click to send private message to vsuri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A River & I'll Swim to the Clue"
Thanks for this wonderful summary AMAI. Have you gotten your inspiration from TWoP's Miss Alli (spelling?)
You haven't missed out anything.

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-02, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A River & I'll Swim to the Clue"
Thanks, AMAI. That was great. I'll miss M & K too.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-03-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A River & I'll Swim to the Clue"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-02 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Another superb effort! Love the Annoy-O-Meter! I wonder when (not if) Ian will "peg" (max) it out?

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AMAI-Cap TAR3 Ep5 - Cry Me A River & I'll Swim to the Clue"
Great summary, AMAI. The A-O-M was hilarious. I'll be thinking about how many times it goes off on the next show.LOL

Thanks for the laughs.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •