The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Answer to the "63 year old injured man" rumor?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wallflower 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-01, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower Click to send private message to Wallflower Click to check IP address of the poster
"Answer to the "63 year old injured man" rumor?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-01 AT 00:16 AM (EST)

Hello Everyone. Today I finally got around to checking up on the Survivor boards on AOL. I usually never read them because there is never any good stuff like I read on the web boards. Now they have added a "spoiler section" to their boards recently. Low and behold, I came across this post I thought would interest you.

Survivorblows is the only board I post to and I try to keep it to a minimum these days. As you can see in the other thread I started, I have never posted to it again to "bump" it back to the top. So I am not trying to get attention, only wanting to share interesting information with you and not trying to say its true okay? All of the following is the post, make of it what you will, and remember, I am copying and pasting this post, its not mine~! (I'm not that bad of a speller~!).........

Subject: VERY IMPORTANT!
Date: 3/21/01 10:56 PM Eastern Standard Time
Message-id: <20010321225601.22133.00000517@ng-fc1.aol.com>

I'm sure that all of you have heard about the 63 year old crew member gets injured during Survivor. Well at first many people thought that it was Rodger and that the information was incorrect. The nonexistence of this injury was further disproven when Mike burned his hands and allowed people to think that his injury was the one that the rumor had originated around. Well now I have reason to believe that there WAS such a crew member!

How do I know this you might ask? Well, let me start from the beginning.

My sister has recently been involved in an automobile accident that left her paralyzed. I felt horrible for her and sought out ways to console her. Most of all I thought a support group would be best. So I decided to search the deja news (now Google) for handicapped communities. I came across one newsgroup that was for those who had suffered from paralysis. I entered the group thinking I could check around and make sure my sister would find comfort there. In one of the back posts I found an entry from a man that claimed he was hurt on the set of a TV show. I thought nothing of it and was about to scroll farther down when his age caught my eye. He was 63! So I read the message. It stated that he was setting up a camera to get a new angle from the top of a tree because it needed to be moved because of a recent flood (which we know happends soon..it's Australia's raining season).

Once he was up there his ladder gave way under him. Without any warning he fell from 20 feet in the air. There were 2 crew members with him while others were working on setting something up in another area of the "set" (immunity/reward challange?) The contestants on the show however were just a few feet away. He says that all 4 contestants rushed to help him while one of the other crew members ran to get the medic. What I noted about his story is this. He says that one of the woman that helped him had a very good bedside manner and knew exactly what needed to be done (Tina the nurse??) and that there was another nice woman(Liz?) helping (Tina) who was very sweet to him and was able to talk him through his pain. He also said that there was a third woman (Jerri?) who didn't help at all and whined about not knowing what to do. He said that the nice girl snaps at the whiner (Liz snaps at Jerri..) while the other
crew member and a male contestant (Nick, Colby, Keith?) ran to get the remaining crew members who were setting something up.

No one, not even Mark Burnett would go out of his way to post this thing on a handicapped board. It's too crazy. This one's gotta be real and the crew member must think he's safe because no one would look on that kind of newsgroup for information on Survivor (I'll also note that he never mentions the name of the show)

Now this is all I can remember from the post. I had to leave for a dentist appointment so I decided to bookmark the page it was on. Whenever I go there now I find "Page not found". This might be a result of Google's recent purchase of the site. Right now Google must be changing things around. If anyone could continue to go to Dejanews.com and search for this post it would be greatly appriciated. Who knows what I could have missed?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 This one's even worse than the last... shakes the clown 03-28-01 1
   RE: This one's even worse than the ... Wallflower 03-28-01 2
       What did you expect??? shakes the clown 03-28-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-28-01, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "This one's even worse than the last one!!!"
Anyone who defends this post is either:

A. the originator of this "HUGE SPOILER" or
B. A complete ##### moron

It is that simple.

Please refer to Squirrel's "hoax classification" on the other "HUGE SPOILER" thread to see that this one falls under the category of someone who knows about the show and can throw in real facts to bolster his boolshit claims.

And please, no one waste their time pointing out the many obvious reasons why this is a complete joke...it's not worthy of your time....if anyone still has questions, just refer back to the paragraph regarding the "4 remaining contestants" to see how truly laughable this is.

Hey Wallflower, thanks but no thanks.

Wallflower 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-01, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower Click to send private message to Wallflower Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This one's even worse than the last one!!!"
Okay then, I guess this is a case of "damned if I do and damned if I don't." <sigh> Dear Shakes, what are us common people supposed to do if we come across something we think the Survivor community would like to read?

Ignore it and back off out of fear of being flamed? Or be brave and post it anyway? Maybe I'm being too thin-skinned but it really does sting when I'm trying to be sincere and contribute something only to get put down.

I myself enjoy reading even the hoaxes as there is not much in the way of spoilers going around anyway, mostly just speculation. I just thought everyone would enjoy reading it and I was not trying to say it was true at all~! Tear it apart all you want but why rip into me?

I will go back and meld into the wallpaper now. I won't post anymore okay, <sniff sniff> happy now? Guess I'll never have what it takes to make a good post.
PS Love your summaries, they are brilliant and hilarious~!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-28-01, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "What did you expect???"
Haven't you ever heard the saying "Kill the messenger"?

That's fine if you want to post SOME of the "HUGE SPOILERS" floating around on every message board EXCPET this one (conicidence?), but the problem comes from the way you title them.

By calling this thread "possible answer to the 63 year old blah blah blah" you are insinuating that the theory might actually be believable, or at the very least, that you think it is believable....either way, it doesn't help your future credibility when it comes to analyzing spoilers or formulating speculation.

Word of advice, next time you want to post one of these, title it "Latest load of crap I pulled off EZboard, good for a laugh" and then give us a paragraph or two where YOU point out a couple of things wrong with the spoiler.....that way, it won't come off as misleading and you come off as joining in on the fun.

Thanks for the compliment on the summaries....I'll be writing the summaries for Bootcampbites as well, which starts with the premiere tomorrow night.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •