The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What a Dumb Roadblock"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What a Dumb Roadblock"
Limbo to leave at an earlier time?

and then it will all be negated the next day after you reach Puerto Rico.

These wasn't even any challange or time wasted here.

STUPID!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What a Dumb Roadblock ARnutz 05-11-05 1
   RE: What a Dumb Roadblock Urban_Kitten 05-11-05 3
 RE: What a Dumb Roadblock FFantasyFX 05-11-05 2
 RE: What a Dumb Roadblock zipperhead 05-11-05 4
 RE: What a Dumb Roadblock cipher5150 05-11-05 5
 RE: What a Dumb Roadblock KLinDC 05-11-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What a Dumb Roadblock"
The advantage at the limbo was only 15 minutes, so that alone had nothing to do with the huge lead. Romber & RKelly left at 8:15 and U/J left at 8:30

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What a Dumb Roadblock"
I thought it was rather interesting. If teams had stacked their roadblocks so that the remaining 2 challenges could be done by men (perceived to be the bigger & stronger types), it would have backlashed on them. Uchenna and Rob would seriously have had problems against Kelly for instance.

Neutiquam erro (I am not lost).

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What a Dumb Roadblock"
Actually, I thought it twas a brilliant challenge - something a bit offbeat, testing a skill that usually isn't tested, and had pretty awesome rules (eight tries for five levels of time). Overall, I thought TAR was really on the ball with the tasks yesterday (although I'm disappointed I didn't get to see the ponies in the water. The ponies! ).

Also, you're wrong about the time consequences. The limbo was part of the first leg, and the first pitstop was in Jamaica. Those fifteen minutes definitely gave Romber & RKelly a leg up in the raft challenge - had Uchenna/Joyce left at the same time, and everything else was equal, U/J would have arrived at the penultimate pitstop first.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-11-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What a Dumb Roadblock"
I actually thought the onion detour was worse.

C'mon, chopping opions?! I can't imagine what kind of non-challenges they're gonna have when kids are in the Race.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What a Dumb Roadblock"
All and all, I would say that many of the tasks in recent seasons have been pretty lame - weighing people, catching fish, etc. They seem to swing from the extremes of ridiculously easy, excruciatingly physically demanding, or just long and boring. It seems pretty rare that teams don't finish tasks in virtually the same order that they started them. I would like to see the tasks on a whole become more meaningful to the outcome of the game. (But with all the bunching this is kinda moot)

I wish that tasks were more time consuming as well as more mentally challenging, while still being physically challenging. The longer a task is the more opportunity there is to screw it up IMO. The raft bulding in this episode was a good example. The spelunking and the tea delivery - also good tasks. Tasks were you dig in sand until you find something - not good tasks.

Tasks should be more than just spending 5 minutes doing some mindless chore as a lot of the tasks are. They should be an opportunity for teams to move ahead based on their real skills (although I'm sure Rob appreciates how limber Amber is). This task was especially frustrating as it precipitated a non-pitstop overnight rest so there was plenty of time to do something long and involved and the limbo could have been incorporated into it.

I think it's been mentioned in other threads that in the first season there was a lot more emphasis on people having to use their brains on both the tasks and figuring out the clues. I miss that.

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What a Dumb Roadblock"
I kinda like the Brain one in London. Although the next time they do something like that, they have to make it a rule that the racers can't ask locals for the answers, which in turn would force them to go to a bookstore or find an internet cafe.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •