The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EPS5 and 6: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DON'T KNOW"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-28-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EPS5 and 6: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DON'T KNOW"
This really seems to get harder and harder each ep and especially with two eps running back to back it is hard to distinguish what happens in South Africa and what happens in Botswana.

But lets start with a real, way out, off the chart speculation since absolutely nothing in the previews or promos indicate that this could or would happen. But we still have those scenes of London in the opening and scenes in the openings have been pretty good indicators of where the teams are headed. And we have had a lot of speculation of when they might go to London - after India which seems to be next? The teams will be leaving the pit stop at the Polo Club La Martina in Buenos Aires starting around or a little after midnight (Rob and Amber) and the last team will be leaving around 9:00AM (Meredith and Gretchen arrived way after sunset at 8:30PM) Perhaps they have to go find some landmark in BA which probably doesn't open until 8 or 9 so we have a good chance for the first bunchup here. At this landmark they are told to go to EZE (Buenos Aires International airport) and get on a plane to London (LHR). Lufthansa has a flight leaving at 11:30AM arriving in London the next morning at 8:10AM; and British Air has a flight leaving at 1:25PM which arrives in London the next morning at 7:00AM. Again a typical last arriving first event which the producers love. The teams then have almost all day to race around London doing events which we have no idea what may entail but they could be Roadblock tasks or Detour tasks or both. At the end of the day we have direct flights from London to Johannesburg: British Air leaving at 5:50PM and arriving the next morning at 6:45AM or South African Airlines leaving at 6:00PM and arriving at 7:05AM They then start their tasks in Johannesburg.

As I said there has been not one clue put out that this might happen, but it could. It gives the teams a day in London and have them arrive only a day later in Johannesburg. Something else which might fit this scenario is that Phil appeared on Live with Regis and Kelly to promote his new book while TAR7 was off running in the field. I can't find the exact date he appeared but I think it was either at the end of November or the first week in December. Since there is no pitstop in London he would not be needed and could have come to New York from BA on the way to JBurg. Just a wild, wild idea.

So back to perhaps more of a reality. The teams leave the Polo Club between Midnight and 9 or 10AM. They could go directly to the International Airport and arrange flights to JBurg. We have a flight leaving on Airleanes Argentinas at 10:50AM which connects through Sao Paulo, Brazil and arrives in JBurg the next morning on SA Flight 206 at 6:55AM and another flight on Varig via Sao Paulo leaving at 2:45PM but also connects with SA206 arriving also at 6:55AM.

Let's speculate that the first day in South Africa includes the Fast Forward which is the walk over the top of the inert cooling towers in Soweto. Ray and Deana are shown doing it. A second team, perhaps Ray and Kelly, also race for it but are beaten out so have to retreat and do the Roadblock which is the cave crawl.We have seen Uchenna and Kelly and Gretchen who is injured here and Meredith who was waiting on the outside is allowed to enter to help her. There are caves in Gold Reef near JBurg and the Strekfontein Caves which are reknown for the fossils and ancient finds (some 13 million or so years old). The Teams are then spotted, at least six of them are, in two enclosed Land Rovers headed for Lion Park. Each LR seats six persons (three teams) The one vehicle we see into has from front to back Ron (and Kelly off camera); Greg (and Brian) and Uchenna and Joyce. If Ray and Deana did the FF, then the other vehicle holds; Meredith and Gretchen; Rob and Amber; Alex and Lynn (now that would be a happy group!!)

When we reach the Lion Park the Detour is either Hunt or Feed. In Hunt the teams must throw spears and hit a moving target. Each team member has to hit it so many times or move on to another event in order. In feed the teams must find enough meat to satisfy the hungar of x number of lions. Both tasks have their pros and cons (oh, heck you know the routine). From there they are off for the pit stop most likely back somewhere in the safety of JBurg for the night. And this is the first of three pre-arranged Non Elimination Legs. We expect that Ray and Deana are first having completed the FF. Who is last? Could be Meredith and Gretchen who have been running late of late.

After the completion of the first leg, in the second hour we start off with Leg 6. And as is usual we have a massive bunchup at the airport for a flight to Gaborone or Gweta (where we spotted the large, stone Aardvark.)This is where Ray's remark of making a big mistake when he finds out he has gained nothing since EP5 was a NEL and they are all bunched up at the airport the next morning. Gweta is about nine hours drive from JBurg and I doubt that they would drive, but they may drive and do a task or two and then stop for an overnight in some Safari camp (not a pit stop) One task may be finding stuff to take to some orphanage. Another task may involve a bi-plane ride (Roadblock) or something connected with the planes. The Land Rovers seem to be off and running across the plains of the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park or the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, both of which are nearby. This part is not too clear but we do see both Uchenna and Joyce in different shirts; and Brian is now wearing a white sleveless shirt instead of the dark blue one he had on earlier. And most of the footage shown from Botswana deals with the brothers Brian and Greg and the Ostrich! The editors have taken various scenes of Brian driving but in some he is wearing a blue short sleeved shirt and in the other (actual crash scene) he is wearing a white sleeveless shirt.But in both cases you can determine that he has the same bead bracelet around his left wrist. After the crash it is not clear whether a fourth person is lying on the ground who is wearing a dark shirt and short white shorts or is it just possibly the Ostrich which has been hit and lies dying on the ground? If this is the case I wonder what kind of deep dodo the producers or Brian are in since I expect there are all kinds of regulations dealing with the killing of protected wild animals in a game reserve.

But we have nothing more to go on to determine what is the eventual outcome of all of this. Perhaps since the brothers have crashed, they must wait for a replacement vehicle and this puts them way, way behind just as Bola was. But he was saved by the "to be continued" but in this case I think that the pit stop is the final blow and the Brothers may just have been eliminated.

One strange note: throughout the previews and promos there is not one single frame of our beloved engaged couple. Playing it low key or are they once again so far ahead that the producers are keeping it in the dark to keep up the suspense. We will know tomorrow.

So that, fellow spoilers, is that. Not much to go on, but in rereading this, I really like my idea of jumping to South Africa via London!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •