The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC (NF) Untitled"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-25-01, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC (NF) Untitled"
I notice my almost-3-year-old standing in the yard, looking up at the pristine blue sky searchingly, expectantly. "What are you looking for, Buddy?" I ask. His name is Daniel, but he will always be Buddy to me.

"Mommy?" he says. Every statement he makes starts with this question. He wants to make sure he has my full attention before he goes to the trouble to say something.

"Yes, Buddy."

"I can't see God!" Brow furrowed, he holds his hands apart, palms up, and shrugs, as if he is announcing the results of something he has spent years researching and has finally given up.

Smiling, but fumbling for something to say to him, I crouch down and hug him. I explain to him that no, we can't *really* see God, because God isn't really a person like we are. But that although we can't *see* God The Person, there is a little bit of God in everything and everyone. That rock? That flower? That tree? You? Me? Yes, in everything, and we need to look for the piece of God in that other person or other thing, and respect them even if only for the piece of God that's in them.

He takes this in solemnly, stoically, like he does everything, his big brown eyes like black holes that suck in pieces of information and file them away in his brain for future use. The child forgets nothing. So even though I feel silly having this conversation with such a young mind, I know on some level he will remember it and use it later. I wait for him to process what I've said and respond. Finally, he looks up. "Mommy?"

"Yes, Buddy." The familiar routine.

"I can't see God!" And we're back where we started. But he's smiling now; it's no longer a question that vexes him. It's now a statement of fact, something that he's comfortable with until he comes up with another theological dilemma. He's ready to go to the grocery store now.

Know what, Buddy? Sometimes I have trouble seeing God, too. But I saw God this morning, and God looked like you.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled Drive My Car 06-25-01 1
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled ItzLisa 06-25-01 2
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled mistofleas 06-25-01 3
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled SherpaDave 06-25-01 4
   RE: SSC (NF) Untitled desert_rhino 06-25-01 6
       RE: SSC (NF) Untitled desert_rhino 06-25-01 7
           Good One, JV! IceCat 06-26-01 11
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled Lady_Electra 06-25-01 5
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled LadyT 06-25-01 8
   RE: SSC (NF) Untitled samiam 06-26-01 14
       RE: SSC (NF) Untitled mistofleas 06-26-01 15
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled dangerkitty 06-25-01 9
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled moonbaby 06-25-01 10
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled Ronnet 06-26-01 12
 RE: SSC (NF) Untitled aymelek 06-26-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-01, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Oh Sami,
Thank You

EBug

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-25-01, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Awwww, Sam, this is sweet! And that last sentence - I have a lump in my throat!!!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-01, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Thank you sami...that was wonderful. I got teary with the last line. Sounds like you have a very wise son who in turn has a very wise mother.

--can see god in samiam's story

SherpaDave 8325 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-01, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Sami, we're both happily married or I swear I'd ask you out with every intention of asking you to marry me at the end of the date. Again and again, you keep proving that you're so much more than a beautiful thigh.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-01, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Ah, but let's not let that thought diminish our estimation of that thigh in any way!

Great, awesome, insightful, kid-wise story, though!

-- JV

Icarus steps out for the afternoon.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-01, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
In fact...

It seemed to me that if one did contain a bit of God within, one might need a little help letting others see that light... How's that camp song go? "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine....let it shiiiine ooon meeeee!"

BTW that was hella hard to type. Ambien seems to fuck with fine motor first...

Oh, yes, the "visual aid" for seeing God:

"There ya go!"

-- JV

IceCat 17406 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-01, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Good One, JV!"
... nice animation!

Lady_Electra 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-25-01, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lady_Electra Click to send private message to Lady_Electra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
*tear rolls down Vamp's cheek*

Thank you Sami.....

*goes to hug her kids, and thank God for them...*

(Lady Electra... The lighter side of VampKira)

---------------------------------
"Let's spend the night together,
You'll wake up and live forever."
-Jamiroquai
---------------------------------
Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-01, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Sam, that was so beautiful. I was wondering if it would be ok for me to print it and take it to Bible study with me?

This story also made me yearn for a three year old. Thank God I am going to go see my favorite men in the world, my four and two year old nephews.

Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-01, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Thank you all so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed my little narrative. And Lady T, you may certainly print it out and take it with you if you like; I'm very flattered. And what can I say about my new sig pic other than I am touched by the effort...and thankful that nothing more, um, revealing, was done to it

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-01, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
...and thankful that
>nothing more, um, revealing, was
>done to it

Oh but see now you've put the idea into his head!! Who knows, next we may see JV's idea of what your head looks like!

--knows JV has a crush on sami so isn't too worried

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-25-01, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Oh my, Sami!

I was smiling throught the whole story, enjoying the personal touches and the wise philosophy and the mental image of sweet little Buddy, so clearly described. And then that last sentence...you just caught me so by surprise and the teary eyes ambushed me. Even as I think of it now...there they go again.

Well done, my friend. Thanks.

dangerkitty

moonbaby 17102 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-01, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
True dat, sami.....kids are heaven on earth. You said a whole lot!

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-26-01, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Thank you Sami!

Your story is amazing!

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-26-01, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SSC (NF) Untitled"
Sami, that was just wonderful! What a lucky little boy you have!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •