The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RatPat 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-10-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RatPat Click to send private message to RatPat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Don't think for a moment that you haven't given terrorists another idea for hijacking a passenger jet!

There are reasons airlines have certain rules, and they are a hell of a lot more important than $1,000,000!

OP

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... waldo555 05-10-05 1
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... RatPat 05-11-05 2
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... zipperhead 05-11-05 3
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... HobbsofMI 05-11-05 4
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... RatPat 05-11-05 5
       RE: Way to make our airways more da... maggiebob 05-11-05 7
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... Earl Colby Pottinger 05-11-05 8
               RE: Way to make our airways more da... zipperhead 05-11-05 26
       RE: Way to make our airways more da... ARnutz 05-11-05 10
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... bostonrobfan 05-11-05 14
               RE: Way to make our airways more da... maggiebob 05-11-05 21
                   RE: Way to make our airways more da... bostonrobfan 05-11-05 28
                       RE: Way to make our airways more da... maggiebob 05-11-05 33
                           RE: Way to make our airways more da... bostonrobfan 05-11-05 34
                               RE: Way to make our airways more da... Karchita 05-11-05 35
                               RE: Way to make our airways more da... pool6154 05-13-05 62
                   RE: Way to make our airways more da... RatPat 05-12-05 39
                   RE: Way to make our airways more da... packrat 05-12-05 40
                       RE: Way to make our airways more da... RBA 05-13-05 42
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... bostonrobfan 05-11-05 15
       RE: Way to make our airways more da... zipperhead 05-11-05 27
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... bostonrobfan 05-11-05 29
               RE: Way to make our airways more da... Surveysez 05-12-05 38
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... TerriBlue 05-11-05 6
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... pmspml5 05-11-05 9
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... ARnutz 05-11-05 11
       RE: Way to make our airways more da... JohnMc 05-11-05 22
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... CantStandToLook 05-14-05 72
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... mikey 05-11-05 12
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... Earl Colby Pottinger 05-11-05 16
       RE: Way to make our airways more da... bostonrobfan 05-11-05 17
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... Earl Colby Pottinger 05-11-05 18
               RE: Way to make our airways more da... bostonrobfan 05-11-05 30
                   RE: Way to make our airways more da... HaruHisa 05-13-05 46
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... bermudabob4561 05-11-05 23
               RE: Way to make our airways more da... warp_core breach 05-11-05 37
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... SurvivorBlows 05-11-05 32
           RE: Way to make our airways more da... HaruHisa 05-13-05 45
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... mrc 05-11-05 13
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... Estee 05-11-05 19
       RE: Way to make our airways more da... mrc 05-11-05 20
 C'mon, CBS held the Plane for U&J! bystander 05-11-05 24
   RE: C'mon, CBS held the Plane for U... Dizwiz 05-11-05 25
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... SurvivorBlows 05-11-05 31
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... okaychatt 05-11-05 36
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... pax 05-13-05 41
       RE: Way to make our airways more da... mikey 05-13-05 43
 RE: Way to make our airways more da... beau_30 05-13-05 44
   RE: Way to make our airways more da... snoopy 05-13-05 47
 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories ... beau_30 05-13-05 48
   RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-13-05 49
   RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-13-05 50
       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... beau_30 05-13-05 51
       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-13-05 52
           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-13-05 53
               RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-13-05 54
                   RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... mikey 05-13-05 55
                       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-13-05 57
                           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-13-05 59
                       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... maggiebob 05-13-05 65
                   RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-13-05 56
                       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-13-05 58
                           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-13-05 60
                           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... maggiebob 05-13-05 66
                   RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... maggiebob 05-13-05 64
                       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-14-05 67
                           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... maggiebob 05-14-05 70
                               RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-14-05 71
                                   RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-14-05 75
                                       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-15-05 76
                                           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-15-05 81
                                               Enough! IceCat 05-15-05 82
                                               RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-15-05 83
           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... 90210grrrl 05-14-05 69
       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... kh 05-13-05 61
           RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-13-05 63
               RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-14-05 68
                   RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... TerriBlue 05-14-05 73
                       RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theor... RBA 05-14-05 74
 Another Fiasco about the Plane... beau_30 05-15-05 77
   RE: Another Fiasco about the Plane.... RBA 05-15-05 78
       RE: Another Fiasco about the Plane.... beau_30 05-15-05 79
           Agree dabo 05-15-05 80
 AA Airlines Answer All beau_30 05-15-05 84
   RE: AA Airlines Answer All RBA 05-15-05 85
       RE: AA Airlines Answer All Deekeryu 05-16-05 86
           RE: AA Airlines Answer All RBA 05-16-05 89
       RE: AA Airlines Answer All applejack93 05-16-05 87
           RE: AA Airlines Answer All RBA 05-16-05 88
               RE: AA Airlines Answer All applejack93 05-17-05 92
 Rob and Ambers interview in Tv Guid... beau_30 05-16-05 90
   RE: Rob and Ambers interview in Tv ... Drive My Car 05-16-05 91
 What a pilot says sittem 05-17-05 93

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

waldo555 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail waldo555 Click to send private message to waldo555 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."

Seriously they have rules concerning this for exactly that reason. I hope the FAA sees this and fines CBS/Uchenna/AA.

05-11-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RatPat Click to send private message to RatPat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
I guarantee you that if I had been on that flight and they pulled a stunt like that, I would have demanded to be put on another airline's flight at AA's expense!

OP

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-11-05, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
lol

You're funny.

Terrorists are just gonna walk up to the counter and say "Hold the plane please, we'd really like to get on" and they will just walk right on? I don't think so. I believe the airline had the heads-up that some camera crews with reality contestants might be on their plane.

As far as holding the plane - airlines do that frequently. As someone pointed out on the Spoilers thread, they want to fill the seats any (safe) way they can to make more money.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Make money.....like make a ton of money on last minute airfairs paid at the counter for 4 people. Not the $150 Travelocity deals you could have gotten on the internet if you purchased 30 days in advanced.

Open the door....heck yea......those ticket were well over a $1000 each.

created by Syren

05-11-05, 01:20 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
And just where in the terrorist handbook does it say that you can't be a reality show contestant?

And as someone in the spoilers thread correctly pointed out, there is a big difference in holding a plane and in bringing a plane back to the gate. You are only supposed to do that in an emergency. This hardly qualified.

maggiebob 189 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
>And just where in the terrorist
>handbook does it say that
>you can't be a reality
>show contestant?
>
>And as someone in the spoilers
>thread correctly pointed out, there
>is a big difference in
>holding a plane and in
>bringing a plane back to
>the gate. You are only
>supposed to do that in
>an emergency. This hardly qualified.
>

So, it was okay for the plane to be held for Rob and Amber in Argentina, _before they had even gone through security_, than it was for Uchenna and Joyce to be let on the plane _after they had already gone through security_? And the plane was not brought back to the gate...the jetway was moved out and moved back within the space of about 30 seconds. I've been on planes where that has happened for last minute connecting passengers. Seems like sour grapes...its okay for rules to broken for Rob and Amber, but not for Uchenna and Joyce. You are being ridiculous if you think this is a safety issue.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Strange is it not? R&A get on a plane with baggage that should have already be leaving and we are told Rob is a smart player.

J&U with no baggage get the walkway reconnected and suddenly there must be a terrorist alert. R&A fans like Rob himself seem to have very flexible standards.

05-11-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Stop making sense! You're making my head hurt.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
...bringing a plane back to the gate.

They did NOT bring back the plane it was still parked at the gate, they only had to put out the walkway after they had pulled it in.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
The walkway had been disconnected. I believe the plane had moved also.

05-11-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
>The walkway had been disconnected.
>I believe the plane had
>moved also.

The plane had not moved. U&J got no special concession that Rob and Amber had not already got during the course of the race. Remember the flight in Argentina that was held for them? They had not even cleared security at that point, but the flight was held for them nonetheless. There is no difference. For once someone other than Romber got lucky, and it's about damn time!

05-11-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
No, actually, it was very different. The plane in Argentina was sitting out on the tarmac with the door still open and the stairway still attached. There's a big difference in not doing anything to a plane and undoing what has already been done (putting the walkway back and re-opening the door. Many planes have been known to sit with the door open for a long time waiting for people. I have never been on a plane that went back to the gate to get someone.

05-11-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
>No, actually, it was very different.
> The plane in Argentina
>was sitting out on the
>tarmac with the door
>still open and the stairway
>still attached. There's a
>big difference in not doing
>anything to a plane and
>undoing what has already been
>done (putting the walkway back
>and re-opening the door.
>Many planes have been known
>to sit with the door
>open for a long time
>waiting for people. I
>have never been on a
>plane that went back to
>the gate to get someone.
>

We don't know that the plane in Argentina still had its doors open. All of the teams who were already on that flight seemed pretty convinced that Rob and Amber would not make the flight, which suggests to me that the flight had already closed. I agree that it was unusual for them to re-open the door but that doesn't mean it was a conspiracy. Rob and Amber were told that they would not make that flight, and they managed to talk their way on...why can't you give Uchenna and Joyce the same credit?

05-11-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
"We don't know that the plane in Argentina still had its doors open. All of the teams who were already on that flight seemed pretty convinced that Rob and Amber would not make the flight, which suggests to me that the flight had already closed. I agree that it was unusual for them to re-open the door but that doesn't mean it was a conspiracy. Rob and Amber were told that they would not make that flight, and they managed to talk their way on...why can't you give Uchenna and Joyce the same credit?"

I think they have to pull the stairs away before they can close the door. Romber didn't talk their way onto the flight. All they did was ask. There was no conniving or convincing involved. And we really don't know the full story of U/J getting on the flight. We didn't hear what the gate person said to the pilot or what the pilot said back.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-11-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
The flight that waited for Romber was a charter from a very small airport and it was not in the US. U&J's flight was a scheduled flight at a good-sized airport and in the US. There are critical differences because they all made it easier and more likely for Romber's flight to wait a few minutes for them. Charters and overseas airlines often are a lot more flexible. I have not seen a scheduled flight wait for a passenger who was not connecting in the US for many years and certainly not since 9/11. I have never seen a jetway reattached for any reason, even overseas.

Having said that, I don't quite see how doing this for U/J makes the airways less safe, nor do I see any reason to think there was a conspiracy. U/J just got a very lucky break at a very fortuitous time.

pool6154 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pool6154 Click to send private message to pool6154 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
This is what I think, if anyone cares. The plane was already away from the loading dock and I have never heard of a plane returning to pick up a passagers. In Argentina, Rob and Amber appeard on board, we really don't know much about what happened.
The plane to Florida had alrady closed the glass doors in the lobby and the U/S were told that we could not board. Also U/S were not aggressive people as Rob and Amber were. So I am assuming that they did not aggressively assert themselves when it was time to catch that plane. Since they could not even be good beggars how in the world did they stop that plane from taking off. No indeed it was the producers who has the ability and the money to do this wicked deed. Also probably Rob and Amber had to sign contract stating the the outcome would not be contested.

05-12-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
FWIW

Romber were on Regis & Kelly this morning and Amber said the plane had moved.

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Amber stated this AM on Regis and Kelly that the plane HAD moved, and had to be brought back to the ramp. I don't fully agree with everything said here, but Argentina is NOT the USA, and the airlines in the wrong here is AA an American company, they do know our rules and since Puerto Rico is part of the USA, they should have followed the guidelines set forth by the FCC.

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 12:29 PM (EST)

Yes, Joyce said the same thing in the Houston Chronicle.

Looks more and more like shady activity every day.

And that would be the FAA.

05-11-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
So, if I want to hijack a plane, all I need is a camera and a mic and a little "CBS" sticker.

05-11-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
You would also need CBS staffers who have the name and passport information of the Racers working with AA staffers and FAA agents months in advance to make sure at least a handful of seats were available in the window of time when the Racers were expected to get through the airport. Do you think many terrorists have these staffers all lined up?

05-11-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 03:44 PM (EST)

You don't need passports to travel from a US territory to the US. As for the rest, ever seen "Air Force One?" All you really need is to kidnap the staffers and make some fake IDs for yourself.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
But you do need picture ID to get on the plane. And since U/J had been mugged by Phil, their picture ID would be their passports, carried in their little plastic baggie.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

TerriBlue 147 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TerriBlue Click to send private message to TerriBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 02:20 AM (EST)

Uchenna and Joyce are hardly breaking new ground for terrorist hijacking ideas. I've always thought that terrorists could easily pose as cameramen and hide a bomb in the equipment bag or what not. Airlines bend security rules for TAR all the time

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
I have to say that those of you that dont think the airlines would do that without it being TAR are just wrong. I have done it for me when my connection flight was late - and once because my mother was deathly ill.

You are told over and over again NOT TO LEAVE YOUR BAGS on the plane or airport. I think what R/A did leaving their bags on the plane was rediculous. I'm amazed they werent stopped and told they had to take their luggage. I know for a fact that those bags had to either be taken away by TAR or the plane was held up because they had to check them for bombs and such. What inconsiderate people do to that.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Yep, I've seen the airlines do it! Not for me, but for other people.

... and I was thinking the exact same thing! I can't believe they just left those bags there. They should've at least taken them off of the plane.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Amen to that! I can't believe people are saying that you are a terrorist if you ask a plane to take you when the jetway is barely just pulled away. The real security issue is with Romber leaving their bags on the plane.

If Romber were going to leave their bags, they should have just left them in the taxi. It's not that much extra weight. And it is considerate for the hundreds of people using that plane and the thousands of people using the airports being serviced by that plane.

Romber had lots of time to be rude over the race, but quite frankly, willingly leaving your bags on the plane is the worst.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
I'm gonna take a wild guess that the producers or someone one the crew following them will remove the bags as not to cause an incident.

My eyes!! My eyes!! Bounced by Icecat

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
I understand there are anti-terrorism rules some places concerning last minute people on the plane, but I do not understand the reasons for it.

Colin, Christie, Brandon and Nicole each had checked luggage on another flight - I understand the terrorist risk there. I never understood why Freddy and Kendra and then Rebecca and Adam were turned away in Japan when there was a flight with seats available.

But what is the risk from someone merely getting on the flight at the last minute after going through security? How are you any better protected from terrorism if they get on this flight versus the next one.

I believe the world has gotten too crazy about terrorist risks -- it seems too many people just accept whatever the government say concerning terrorism risks like sheep. If someone says "that's a stupid rule that doesn't make any sense and will inconvenience millions of people unnecessarily" -- there is no one in the government that will listen. Government officials will say "but we're fighting terrorism -- how can you be against that -- didn't you see what happened on 9/11?" without having to explain how this particular rule helps.

Now, if they said "we already closed the doors and are not going to open it again because that will make 200 other people on the plane late -- that is something I can accept, particularly if I am one of the 200 other people, but calling it an anti-terrorism rule is phony.

05-11-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
In the case of Japan, Japanese are very uptight about following the rules. I realized this first when talking years ago to the Japanese people who worked at Panasonic when they openned new offices in Toronto and I went there for training. I was very surprised at first when Japanese raised people told me about the diffirences they saw between living in Canada and in Japan.

Second, in this case we had American people on American soil with no luggage trying to get a trip into America - why expect they would not be let on if the pilot agrees.

Third, but not least, while not mentioned elsewhere because it should not make a diffirence, but it does make a diffirence, they were a black couple. Look, there are many black muslims. There have even been violent black muslims - but there are darn few sucidual black muslims, doing sucide runs for the 'Man' does not run in the usual mental framework of American Blacks.

Frankly, it does not seem to run in the mental framework Americans period. How many American sucide bombers have there been the last couple of years?

05-11-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
.Second, in this case we had
>American people on American soil
>with no luggage trying to
>get a trip into America
>- why expect they would
>not be let on if
>the pilot agrees.
>
>Third, but not least, while not
>mentioned elsewhere because it should
>not make a diffirence, but
>it does make a diffirence,
>they were a black couple.
> Look, there are many
>black muslims. There have
>even been violent black muslims
>- but there are darn
>few sucidual black muslims, doing
>sucide runs for the 'Man'
>does not run in the
>usual mental framework of American
>Blacks.
>
>Frankly, it does not seem to
>run in the mental framework
>Americans period. How many
>American sucide bombers have there
>been the last couple of
>years?

What we had was people who looked like they could possibly be Cuban who speak Spanish traveling from an Hispanic US territory to a largely Hispanic (Cuban) US city on a flight that would travel in the general direction of Cuba, a communist country. No way would a pilot who wants to keep his job return to the gate to let them on without say-so from his bosses in Dallas.

05-11-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
?????????????

When did they talk Spanish in the Aiport? I only heard English.

They look Cuban to you?

They are on US soil, going to US soil, and I think the vast major of people who would want to leave that country would rather go to Little Cuba than the Island of Cuba, follow the money

05-11-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

>They look Cuban to you?
>
>They are on US soil, going
>to US soil, and I
>think the vast major of
>people who would want to
>leave that country would rather
>go to Little Cuba than
>the Island of Cuba, follow
>the money

Haven't been around many Cubans, have you? There are Cubans that look like U/J. They don't all look like Ricky Ricardo. Some look like Livan Hernandez.

In this article:
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/hijackers/flying-high.htm

written in 1983, there had been 23 planes diverted from Miami to Cuba. They were not financially, but politically motivated.

HaruHisa 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HaruHisa Click to send private message to HaruHisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."

>Haven't been around many Cubans, have
>you? There are Cubans
>that look like U/J.
>They don't all look like
>Ricky Ricardo. Some look
>like Livan Hernandez.

There are cubans who look like Gloria Estafan, Andy Garcia and Cameron Diaz. What's your point?

bermudabob4561 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bermudabob4561 Click to send private message to bermudabob4561 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
I've heard it all now!!

Uchenna and Joyce look Cuban!!

And the Spanish they were speaking at the airport sounded just like English to me, maybe I need my ears checked?

In any case, when did speaking Spanish make someone a potential terrorist? That's about 50 million Americans now placed on the red-alert list right there!!

And whilst I'm on, the pilot didn't return to the gate as you say. The plane did not leave the gate, it never moved. The walkway had been disconnected yes, but the plane didn't move.

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Ah gawd! I've heard it all too! I'm probably going to Cuba for my next winter getaway and will be flying over parts of the States on the way there and back. And so...?

But seriously, I'm surprised but not surprised at the whole firestorm that's been created by the Romber factor! Let's hope that nothing serious in the world happens during the broadcast of "Rob and Amber Get Married" on May 24th where (gulp) the show gets interrupted with breaking news and then we have to rejoin the Romber wedding show already in progress!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
>What we had was people who looked like they could possibly
>be Cuban who speak Spanish traveling from an Hispanic US
>territory to a largely Hispanic (Cuban) US city on a
>flight that would travel in the general direction of Cuba,
>a communist country. No way would a pilot who
>wants to keep his job return to the gate to
>let them on without say-so from his bosses in Dallas.

Wow, talk about stretching things... glad to see that despite being a self-admitted Rob fan, you're able to look at the situation so objectively!

HaruHisa 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HaruHisa Click to send private message to HaruHisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
>What we had was people who
>looked like they could possibly
>be Cuban who speak Spanish
>traveling from an Hispanic US
>territory to a largely Hispanic
>(Cuban) US city on a
>flight that would travel in
>the general direction of Cuba,
>a communist country. No
>way would a pilot who
>wants to keep his job
>return to the gate to
>let them on without say-so
>from his bosses in Dallas.
>
Those are really ignorant statements.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
If terrorists have to get ideas from TAR, then they ain't all that smaht.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
I think we need a new set of Nielsen ratings showing which programs are the most popular in terrorist households. Then we can load those shows with all sorts of misinformation and lead them right into our traps.

(Betcha they watch The Bachelor more than anything else. I know that show makes me want to stop people from reproducing.)

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Another fine idea, Estee!

A Nefarious Dice Creation
Too bad other people don't recognize your brilliance.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-11-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "C'mon, CBS held the Plane for U&J!"
Can't anyone see that? If Uchenna & Joyce had not gotten on that flight, then Rob and Amber would have won the race before the other contestants landed in Miami! What kind of race is it if only one team is even close to finishing the race. Actually, what kind of exciting TV show is it if R&A are 2 hours in front of the other teams at the finish line. That kinda defeats the purpose of bunching at the airports, bunching at the challenges, bunching in general. If there were no bunchings, someone would have won the race a few days earlier.

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: C'mon, CBS held the Plane for U&J!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

CBS didn't hold the plane; there's way too much risk in doing something like that. Perhaps the airline people were influenced by all the cameras, or maybe they were just truly sympathetic with Uchenna and Joyce. Regardless, I doubt anything sneaky or underhanded happened here. It would have gotten out.
And think of it this way: the editing of this show often makes it look like players are much closer than they really are. It would have been easy to edit the show to make it look like the teams were close, even if Uchenna and Joyce hadn't made it on that flight. Why risk being caught doing something improper?

ETF spelling

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

What the heck relatinship does last-minute baggage-less boarding have to do with hijacking a plane?

Exactly how is hijacking a plane any easier by boarding a plane just before it leaves rather than as part of the normal boarding process -- either way, the would-be passengers have already gone through all the security that they're going to go through back at the terminal's entrance to the gate areas. This sounds like a some sad sour grapes from a Rob and Amber fan -- either than or you're confused with the regulations that relate to boarding one flight after having already checked your baggage on another.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-11-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
<Don't think for a moment that you haven't given terrorists another idea for hijacking a passenger jet!

I do understand your reasoning behind not allowing planes to take on additional passengers on a day-to-day basis. That makes some sense.

But within the context of TAR, I don't think it's really an issue.

Out of thousands of applicants, a terrorist team would be selected, then have their backgrounds checked for the real deal American passports?

Then, there's the sticky matter of those backpacks containing a couple of t-shirts, a pair of pants, and maybe a toothbrush. An extra pair of clean undies, if they're lucky. Well, ok - the toothbrush could be used as a WAMD (Weapon Against Mouth Decomposition).

Let's not forget the 24/7 cameras and crews to record everything said and every contact made.

And lastly, what terrorist in his right mind would allow himself to become so dehydrated, hungry, and exhausted before taking on something like a hijacking?

Be angry because it was a set up. Be upset because it wasn't fair to R/A.

But let's do try not to get so caught up in beating the issue to death that we don't see the humor in it. This is TAR, and TAR is just entertainment, after all.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

pax 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-05, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pax Click to send private message to pax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
Actually, the TSA people take very seriously the issue of people buying last-minute tickets with only carry-on baggage, since that's what most of the 9/11 attackers did. As a real WASP-looking guy, I NEVER get searched. But when I recently did a short-notice trip to four cities in four days with only a carry-on, I was searched intensively every time. Last-minute purchase and no checked baggage are a double red flag.

05-13-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
>Actually, the TSA people take very
>seriously the issue of people
>buying last-minute tickets with only
>carry-on baggage, since that's what
>most of the 9/11 attackers
>did. As a real WASP-looking
>guy, I NEVER get searched.
>But when I recently did
>a short-notice trip to four
>cities in four days with
>only a carry-on, I was
>searched intensively every time. Last-minute
>purchase and no checked baggage
>are a double red flag.
>
This is not an issue of Uchenna and Joyce not being searched. They were at the gate. They had already gone through metal detectors and had been subject to whatever x-rays and search there was there. When you say on most occassions you "weren't searched" -- I assume you do not mean you did not go through security, pass through metal detectors and such -- everyone does before they get to the gate to get on a plane.

Also, in the history of terrorist plane hijackings, how many husband/wife terrorism teams have there been? How many man/woman teams for that matter?

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-13-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
TVG: It's amazing you were able to get on that plane bound for Miami. Be honest now — the producers didn't provide any help with that?
Uchenna: None whatsoever.
Joyce: I swear to you, I've never witnessed a miracle, but I think I did in that moment. Because that never happens!
Uchenna: There was a moment where I looked at the ticket agent and I just glared at her. They didn't show it, but I kind of yelled at her, too. And that's when she called the pilot.
Joyce: Apparently, the pilot has to be the one to say go ahead and open the door back up, because it's a security risk.
Uchenna: It's not something that you can make happen on a whim.
Joyce: We don't know why he did it. But karma comes back around. If you remember, there was a point on the race in Argentina where we were on a plane, the plane closed and then they let Rob and Amber on! You know, turnabout is fair play, and it's just good karma coming back. We waited for this and it waited for us.
This is from Tv Guide.

snoopy 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoopy Click to send private message to snoopy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Way to make our airways more dangerous, TAR."
With respect to all the security issues raised in this thread.

We all know security is left up to interpretation. When was the last time anyone ever thought that what the TSA does is standard.
One airport requires your shoes off another doesn't. One is more meticulous about bags (cameras, computers etc) and one has people chatting with each other at the screening machine.

There may be rules but there is nothing standard about what goes on at the airports.

05-13-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Add Rob and Amber to the growing list of people who wonder if the finale to the "Amazing Race 7" was fixed.
CBS' popular around-the-world race's runners-up, Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, suggested Thursday that the down-to-the wire finish of the show was a setup.

"I'm not saying anything," Mariano grinned on yesterday's edition of "Live with Regis & Kelly" when Regis Philbin asked him if he thought there had been a "plot" to help the eventual $1 million winners, Uchenna and Joyce Agu, take the top prize.

"America can judge," Mariano laughed.

The move that has everybody wondering came about 20 minutes before the end of the finale, when Rob and Amber squeezed onto an American Airlines flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Miami.

Moments after the door to the aircraft had been sealed and the Jetway pulled away, Uchenna and Joyce begged to be let on the flight. The airline official at the gate called the pilot, who agreed to open the door and allow them onto the plane.
"When was the last time you ever have seen them close the door of a plane and then turn around and open it after they pulled the Jetway away?" Mariano asked.

"That pilot owes us a lot of money," Amber said.

"You've seen them on 'Survivor' and 'The Race,' " a CBS spokesman says. "Rob says everything with a grin. But such characterizations, even in jest, are completely without foundation."

Further fueling the conspiracy theory is the fact the American Airlines was a major sponsor of "Race." Internet buzz speculated yesterday that producers asked the airline to open the door so that the dash to the finish line of the 40,000-mile race would be more dramatic.

"Reality series are always breeding grounds for conspiracy theories," says the CBS spokesman. "Only an understanding gate agent and the goodwill of the pilot returned the Jetway back to the plane. Uchenna and Joyce treated everyone with kindness and respect thoughout race, and that karma was returned at a crucial moment."

Insiders say that the pilot "felt bad" for Uchenna and Joyce when he was told they were at the gate with a TV camera crew and begging to be let on the flight.

A Federal Aviation Administration official told The Post yesterday it is the pilot's decision to open the door after it's been sealed.

"It's the pilot's call," the FAA spokesman said. Under these circumstances "it's perfectly fine for the captain to returned to the gate to pick up the couple."

05-13-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Does Kindness and Respect also include yelling at the gate agent as U/J has admitted doing? hmmm

I wonder what he said to her?

05-13-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TerriBlue Click to send private message to TerriBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Another interview, this one is from Uchenna and Joyce, courtesy of a radio interview from Edmonton

I'm paraphrasing here, but according to Uchenna, the following happened:

Rob bribd or begged the AA ticket agent to tell U &J that there were no earlier flights After U&J checked around the airport, they found out about the flight that Rob and Amber were on. After sprinting through security, theyarrived at the gate - only to find thesame AA gent who had lied to them earlier. They asked the other agents, found out that Rob and Amber had gotten on and Uchenna went ballistic at the travel agent. She was caught red-handed and she agreed to check with the pilot as her lie had prevented U&J from getting on the flight in the first place

So according to U&J, no conspiracies there; just the fine American tradition of trying to cover your a$$. That explains why we saw so little of the exchange between the ticket agents and U&J and given what we saw of Rob and travel agents, that sounds like Rob being Rob all right

My note: how stupid is that flight attendant to lie to other customers while on camera? Unless R&A agreed to sign over 10% of their winnings right there and then, whatever bribe he offered can't match a year's salary

05-13-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
51. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
thats awesome. It justkeeps getting better and better, will we every get to the bottom of this.

05-13-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
52. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

What proof does she offer that Rob had the agent lie to them? They only talked to the one agent at the beginning, right after R/A got done booking the original flight.

Seems to be they are trying to justify their outburst and hauling the innocent agent in on it.

Shame, shame, shame. The agent told them the truth, it was too late for them to board.

05-13-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
53. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Well, my guess is that J&U had no proof, but they could believe 1 of 2 alternatives - that the agent is utterly incompetant and somehow developed selective amnesia 5 minutes after she booked R&A, or that Rob bribed her, which given Rob's history on the show, is not so unbelievable. Which one would you say?

This interview was just out today and we didn't see any of the outburst on screen - just a lot of begging. Why justify something that wasn't shown, especially when they are pinpointing a specific person and therefore more likely to get called to back up their claims? And we can easily check if this ticket agent is 'innocent.' Goback on your TiVo and see if the agent calling the pilot looks embarassed or on the spot or anything, then skip back and see if we see the same woman talking to U&J earlier

05-13-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
54. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

She looks terrified. And wouldn't you if you were a female being threaten by a big strong guy? As for talking to the agent beforehand, she told them there were no other flights. Meaning Rob and Amber has a possibility getting on the plane and they did not. As they spoke to her quite awhile after R/A was attended to. (Without threatening the Agent)
I'm sure the agent now has a good case for a lawsuit as she was only doing her job and has been slander for doing it.

05-13-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
55. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
not having the tape in front of me, can someone sort this out? this is from memory

There was an agent they got the tickets for the latest flight from. They told both Rob and Uchenna there were no earlier flights.

Rob went to a second agent and asked. The second agent told him the flight was delayed and it did not look like they could make the flight, but agreed toput their name on the wait list and they could give it a shot and ask at the gate.

Uchenna and Joyce saw the board and went straight to the gate -- they did not see the second ticket agent.

So there was a ticket agent at the gate -- but I thought she was different than the second ticket agent.

I think certainly, if the TV cameras had caught Rob telling a ticket agent not to give the info to U & C, we would have seen it on the show. That was their storyline the whole season, and it would enhance the scene of U & C getting on the plane.

05-13-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
57. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Hi Mikey;

You know, I was wondering why the Amazing Editors wouldn't show something like that, but one possibility is they decided not to because if that agent did lie, she would have gotten in some trouble. The other possibility is that it didn't fit with the storyline of "Uchenna and Joyce: 2 nice people who can't catch a lucky break, but get the miracle when it counts". Showing a ticket agent caught red-handed and Uchenna and Joyce going ballistic doesn't have the same sort of dramatic impact

05-13-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
59. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Or another reason, it didn't happen the way U/J are saying it occurred. Correct?

05-13-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
65. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
>not having the tape in front
>of me, can someone sort
>this out? this is
>from memory
>
>There was an agent they got
>the tickets for the latest
>flight from. They told
>both Rob and Uchenna there
>were no earlier flights.
>
>Rob went to a second agent
>and asked. The second
>agent told him the flight
>was delayed and it did
>not look like they could
>make the flight, but agreed
>toput their name on the
>wait list and they could
>give it a shot and
>ask at the gate.
>
>Uchenna and Joyce saw the board
>and went straight to the
>gate -- they did not
>see the second ticket agent.
>
>
>So there was a ticket agent
>at the gate -- but
>I thought she was different
>than the second ticket agent.
>
>
>I think certainly, if the TV
>cameras had caught Rob telling
>a ticket agent not to
>give the info to U
>& C, we would have
>seen it on the show.

Not if AA is a major sponsor of the race and were caught on tape deliberately lying to customers. How bad would that look? I just don't get why U/J would lie about this - the whole thing presumably was caught on camera, so ultimately they can be proven right or wrong.

05-13-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
56. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

Speaking of 'slander' what proof do you have that Uchenna threatened the agent in any way. We didn't see anything on screen and we only have Uchenna's own word that he yelled at the agent and he hasn't said anything about threats, just yelling. Saying he threatened someone is pretty serious, isn't it?

If and I stress *if* Uchenna is lying through his teeth and no such thing happened, then yes, the agent has a case for slander, especially if she was mentioned by name. However, it is just your opinion that 'she was only doing her job and has been slander for doing it.' Do you have behind the scenes footage proving that she was just doing her job and Uchenna is making up things? Or were you a personal witness? Otherwise, all we have is the word of people who were there. I don't know if Uchenna's story is the truth either, but since there are no been any stories contradicting it, it's the only eyewitness account and it fits in with what we saw (Rob's history of bribing people to keep quiet), I'm going to give Uchenna the benefit of the doubt

05-13-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
58. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Well, I'm only a poster on a forum. So, it's highly unlikely anything I say can make the legal definition of slander.

We have what we seen on tv. That's all you have too and we have U/J saying they witness Rob beg/or bribe the agent. That's all. This could be easily straighten out in a court of law. U/J were portrayed a little too nice. When people are so nice on the outside, there is usually something disturbing hiding the scenes.

Didn't look like Rob had time to beg/or bride the agent, did it? As they barely had time to make the flight themselves. So U/J story does not add up or make any sense. And since I can do analytical thinking, it looks like I have to believe U/J are doing a cover up.

Thank you.

05-13-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
60. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
I was giving you a hard time over slander. I know you can't be actually sued.

You can believe what you want to. Maybe Uchenna and Joyce slaughtered the agent as soon as they were off camera and scattered her body parts across the runway. Maybe Kris and Jon kick puppies in their spare time. You never know about these 'nice people' do we?

I can do analytical thinking too, and in my opinion, U&J's story makes perfect sense, especially given the missing time in the editing from when U&J reach the gate to when they are allowed on.

Yes, this can be sorted out in a court if law and if the agent chooses to contradict this story or sue U&J, then it will be. However, as of now, this is the only story

05-13-05, 11:46 PM (EST)
66. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "

> U/J were portrayed
>a little too nice.
>When people are so nice
>on the outside, there is
>usually something disturbing hiding
>the scenes.

Wow, what a cynic. Sometimes people are really that nice.

>Didn't look like Rob had time
>to beg/or bride the agent,
>did it? As they
>barely had time to make
>the flight themselves. So
>U/J story does not add
>up or make any sense.
> And since I can
>do analytical thinking, it looks
>like I have to believe
>U/J are doing a cover
>up.
>
Apparently not too analytical. Rob and Amber arrived at the airport several minutes before U/J, so they had a few minutes alone with the agent before U/J showed up. Now, given how quickly U/J were ticketed, Rob and Amber should not even have still been at the ticket desk when U/J showed up. And whatever happened has been caught on tape, and can be proven one way or the other. So why would U/J risk telling such an outright lie when they have absolutely nothing to lose. I think most normal thinking people (ie anyone who is not a Romber fan) feel that they were legitimately let on the flight, given that they were mere seconds behind R/A. So why make up a story? Given Rob's history, I believe Uchenna before I would believe a word Rob said.

05-13-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
64. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
>LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05
>AT 04:19 PM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05
>AT 04:18 PM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05
>AT 04:17 PM (EST)

>
>She looks terrified. And wouldn't
>you if you were a
>female being threaten by a
>big strong guy? As
>for talking to the agent
>beforehand, she told them there
>were no other flights.
>Meaning Rob and Amber has
>a possibility getting on the
>plane and they did not.
> As they spoke to
>her quite awhile after R/A
>was attended to. (Without threatening
>the Agent)
>I'm sure the agent now has
>a good case for a
>lawsuit as she was only
>doing her job and has
>been slander for doing it.
>

I did just re-watch that scene, and first of all Rob and Amber were directly in line in front of U/J, so to say that the agent spoke to U/J quite a while after Rob and Amber simply is not true. The second Rob and Amber stepped away from the desk, U/J stepped up. And here is what is interesting...she _did_ tell Rob and Amber that there was an earlier flight, but she told them it was closed. But five seconds later, when she talked to U/J she insisted, at least twice, that the next flight was 11:15. SHE NEVER MENTIONED THE 10:00 CLOSED FLIGHT. Why would she tell Rob and Amber that the flight was closed, nod nod wink wink, and five seconds later tell U/J that there was no such flight.

It was difficult to see if the same agent was at the gate, but ultimately the person who said "We'll check with the pilot" was decidedly off-camera, as if she did not want to be seen. She seemed to be to the right of U/J, but the camera did not show her. I gotta say, this carries some weight. I don't think U/J would play the racism card just to win a race - what they have done all through the race goes totally against that. HOWEVER, everything we have seen from Rob on the race totally supports the idea that he would be underhanded at such a critical juncture.

05-14-05, 06:48 AM (EST)
67. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 06:53 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 06:48 AM (EST)

LOL, you are reaching. Yes, U/J was right there when R/A spoke to the first agent and HEARD everything that she told R/A. There was no bribe or begging going on. How could there be? U/J were right there. R/A got their tickets for the later flight and went searching for a more user/friendly agent who put them on standby for the 10:00 flight. CBS doesn't show U/J talking to the same agent that R/A use to get on standby. CBS shows U/J going into the secure area past securtiy and it's there they discovered the 10:00 flight off the monitor. They than proceed to the gate where the the doors have been already closed on the aircraft. Now this is when U/J went ballistic as they may of thought that foul play had occurred. The agent did nothing wrong as she is not the one who put R/A on standby. She was only following what she had in the computer at the time and that data chances within seconds if the flight is departing on time or is delayed. Yes, delays do happen after boarding and data does change in the computer to reflect that.

However, everything we know is that U/J were under considerable stress and its not unreasonable to suspect they snapped at such a critical juncture as they knew that was about to be the end of the race for them. We don't know that they played the "race card", and I'll give them the benefit of doubt that they didn't. But the facts remained they yelled at the agent. Why hasn't CBS released the raw footage of what happen to clear U/J names? Because, it probably would hurt their case, rather than help them.

05-14-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
70. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
>LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05
>AT 06:53 AM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05
>AT 06:48 AM (EST)

>
>LOL, you are reaching. Yes,
>U/J was right there when
>R/A spoke to the first
>agent and HEARD everything that
>she told R/A.

Absolutely not true. R/A were a few minutes ahead of U/J into the airport, so they had several minutes to speak to the agent before U/J arrived. In fact, given how quickly U/J were ticketed, R/A should not have even still been on line when U/J arrived.

>There was no bribe or
>begging going on. How
>could there be?

How could there be a fix? We have seen R/A bribe people all through the race, so why is it so hard to believe that he would do it at this critical juncture? Selective memory indeed.

U/J
>were right there.
>R/A got their tickets for
>the later flight and went
>searching for a more user/friendly
>agent who put them on
>standby for the 10:00 flight.
> CBS doesn't show
>U/J talking to the same
>agent that R/A use to
>get on standby.
>CBS shows U/J going into
>the secure area past securtiy
>and it's there they discovered
>the 10:00 flight off the
>monitor. They
>than proceed to the gate
>where the the doors have
>been already closed on the
>aircraft.

Again, absolutely not true. U/J were seconds behind R/A at this point, and if you put your selective memory behind you for just a second (or if you watch the show again) you will see that the doors were still open when U/J arrived. We have no way of knowing how long U/J were standing in the gate area before the doors were closed.

Now
>this is when U/J went
>ballistic as they may of
>thought that foul play had
>occurred. The agent did
>nothing wrong as she is
>not the one who put
>R/A on standby. She
>was only following what she
>had in the computer at
>the time and that data
>chances within seconds if the
>flight is departing on time
>or is delayed.

We are not talking about flight changes. She told R/A about the 10 am flight, but she also said it was closed. SHE DID NOT TELL U/J ABOUT THE 10 AM FLIGHT even though they were seconds behind her in line? Why not? Why tell R/A about the flight, if you believe there is no chance they will get on it, but not U/A. And we have no way of knowing that U/J went ballistic or what was said, because it wasn't shown. But, again, why make up this kind of story when everything can be proven with the footage that was shot?

>
>However, everything we know is that
>U/J were under considerable stress
>and its not unreasonable to
>suspect they snapped at such
>a critical juncture as they
>knew that was about to
>be the end of the
>race for them.

And everything we know also points to Rob and Amber playing an underhanded game, and bribing people to turn regular busses into express busses just for them, and bribing people, who are supposed to be in the customer service business, mind you, not to give information to other teams. I would believe U if he said the sky was black before I would believe anything Rob said. He is a liar, a cheat, and a master manipulator, and that is precisely why this controversy is happening in the first place.

And let me just ask...given all we have seen of the way Rob operates, why is it harder to believe that things happened the way U/J said they did, given that flights were previously held for R/A, than it is to believe that some kind of fix happened???? Just curious, all you tunnel-visioned Romber fans.

>We don't know that they
>played the "race card", and
>I'll give them the benefit
>of doubt that they didn't.
> But the facts remained
>they yelled at the agent.

Okay, interesting. Since we did not hear them yell at the gate agent, you are willing to believe _that_ part of their story, but not the rest of it. Very selective indeed.

> Why hasn't CBS released
>the raw footage of what
>happen to clear U/J names?

First of all, U/J do not have to "clear their names". They won fair and square. If anything inappropriate did happen, it is up to CBS or AA to clear their names. Second, the interview only happened yesterday. And, third, why would CBS release the footage? Nothing illegal happened, there is no case pending in a court of law, and all of this speculation merely increases interest in the next race.

05-14-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
71. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
You are having selective memerory and adding details that U/J said on a radio show, not facts.

I'm only going to address one of your failed logics and the rest I just don't have the time to ever convince you Romber haters of what a reasonable person can deduce as the most likely scenario.

>>>>We are not talking about flight changes. She told R/A about the 10 am flight, but she also said it was closed. SHE DID NOT TELL U/J ABOUT THE 10 AM FLIGHT even though they were seconds behind her in line? Why not? Why tell R/A about the flight, if you believe there is no chance they will get on it, but not U/A. And we have no way of knowing that U/J went ballistic or what was said, because it wasn't shown. But, again, why make up this kind of story when everything can be proven with the footage that was shot? <<<<<<

First off, the agent did not lie. She already talked to R/A and told them it was too late to get on the plane. The most likely scenario why she neglected to tell U/J is that the agent didn't want to handle the grief of someone trying to get on the plane when she thought she couldn't get them on.

U/J made their own decision not to ask around. R/A, not giving up found a agent that helped them because the flight most likely became delayed for some minor repair. (This happens all the time, if you fly a lot, you would know that) I have spent many times on a plane ready to take off and the pilot announces something wrong and it will be another 5 - 10 minutes to get on the way. This would be plenty of time for R/A to get on the plane. U/J made the wrong choice and when they learned of the other flight and knowing R/A were most likely on it went in "Panic" mode.

This all can be verified on the raw footage. And I'm sure you Romber haters will still be making more excuses.

05-14-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
75. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
You're talking about the raw footage as if you've seen it. In which case, please link to it, because the rest of would like to see this evidence that you've used to reach all your conclusions. If you don't have it, then you are relying on selective memory and bias just as much as the rest of us. You don't possess any more 'reason' than the rest of us.

And I should add that if you've been on so many flights and you are such an expert on airport procedure, you should know that the plane wouldn't be waiting at the gate for R&A if there was some soryt of mechanical difficulty. Planes experiencing technical difficulties usually pull away from the gate and are serviced away from the gate area, so the other planes can load in the meanwhile

05-15-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
76. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

Wrong, I was on a LAX flight going to Atlanta. The pilot had a problem with his seat and it needed to be replaced. The plane did not move and we were all boarded on the aircraft. This took about 20 minutes to replace the seat.

So, you are saying that everytime there is a difficulty, the plane is serviced in a different area. In some cases, yes. But please try to stay objective.

05-15-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
81. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
You have a lot of nerve going in and criticizing every person that disagrees with your point, even when they have evidence to back up their claims - such as the begging laws - and throwing around 'Romber complex' like crazy. What makes you any more objective than me? You've posted some points that are reaching at best - the 'disqualification' when a reality show winner has never been disqualified after the win. And I'm the one with the Romber complex? If you'll note, most of the Romber fans here have expressed some minor dissatisfaction with the game, but very few are going around sniping at people who disagree with them.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
82. "Enough!"
To everyone:

Discuss the show and its contestants.

Do not discuss other posters.

If this sort of behavior continues, this thread will be locked.

05-15-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
83. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
I just posted a specific fact about the servicing of aircraft. I'm not lying. Just because I disproved the "always aircraft maintenance service away from the gate" theory, is no reason to get upset.

90210grrrl 26 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 90210grrrl Click to send private message to 90210grrrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
"What proof does she offer that Rob had the agent lie to them? They only talked to the one agent at the beginning, right after R/A got done booking the original flight."

The proof would be on camera as all contestants were followed with a camera crew and microphones.

Knowing that Rob got caught bribing the agent to lie to U/J about the earlier flight causing them to waste more time going to other agents to give them the correct flight time, it actually makes more sense as to why Uchenna got loud at the agent and why the pilot went ahead and let them on the flight.

kh 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kh Click to send private message to kh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
What a crock from U & J, several stories were going around AA back at this time, even though no one knew the outcome, but this *story* or should I say fiction was not one of them, I did hear several times he brought up racism, but, this other is a joke, it was a fix plain and simple, shame on CBS, and shame on AA for allowing.

05-13-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
63. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Well, if you're so convinced it's a fix, would you change your mind even if CBS airs footage backing up Uchenna's story? What other stories have been going about AA - all I've heard was that they've been saying planes have been held for other people in the past.

05-14-05, 07:31 AM (EST)
68. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Would you change your mind even if CBS airs footage backing up Romber's story? I travel extensively and planes don't return to let passengers on unless it's a life threatening emergency and that's the pilot's decision.

05-14-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
73. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
How does Romber's story differ from U&J? Their story ends once they got on the plane because they didn't see what went on outside.

As I said before, there are several instances in which a plane had pulled back,including one very well publicized one involving Bill Gates, back when he was simply William Gate III, starting up MicroSoft, not THE Bill Gates

05-14-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
74. "RE: 'Amazing Race' Conspiracy Theories Heat Up "
Pre the Bill Gates? Wouldn't that also mean Pre 9/11. Big difference in the way airlines do things nowadays.

05-15-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
77. "Another Fiasco about the Plane..."
Here's the link --> http://www.96x.ca/files/May%2013%20Uchenna%20and%20Joyce.mp3

Here's an explanation of the airplane fiasco according to U/J:
Apparently, Rob told the American Airlines ticket lady to lie to U/J about the earlier flight.. she actually went through with it. Later, U/J got to the gate and found that same woman at the counter and were rightfully pissed when they found out they had been lied to. They called her out on it and she was so guilty that she felt compelled to contact the pilot to let them on. Despite what Rob said, THERE WAS NO RIGGING. He's actually saying in interviews that the plane left and came back just for U/J. UGH, what a sore loser! I know you're probably thinking, why didn't they show this on TV? It's quite simple: AA is one of TAR's biggest sponsors. Showing one of their employees lying to paying customers is not good PR and would make them look bad.

05-15-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
78. "RE: Another Fiasco about the Plane..."
Again, how do they know that R/A bribed/begged/ask this agent not to tell U/J? Were they there when Rob did it?

There a discussion in the fanatics forum and most people suspect U/J of lying.

thank you.

05-15-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
79. "RE: Another Fiasco about the Plane..."
Hello its called editing, They have ways of showing us what they want and what they dont want. But I don't suspect for a minute that Rob and Amber are telling the truth about the plane moving either. So we will never know unless they have a recap of the race. So really it shouldnt be a big deal. You know if it was vice versa and Rob and Amber got on the plane after Uchenna and Joyce it would still cause arguments. No matter what Romber lovers will believe what they want, and Romber haters will believe what they want. So really how do we know anything? How do we not know if they didnt? How does Romber know how they got on the plane?

Besides I don't think CBS rigged it, its all the PILOTS DECISSION to do anything.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

It was the pilot's decision. If they could let on two more passengers and still make their schedule, that is all the pilot really needed to know.

The most problematic part is simply that it was an AA flight and AA is a big sponsor of TAR, in fact TAR is just one big commercial for AA as far as AA is concerned. I don't doubt that Rob would have tried to get the people at the desk to refuse U/J boarding, he tried such things over and over throughout the race. A bit dirty but not really cheating on his part. Uchenna called the bluff and made an issue of things and forced the matter to the point where they did contact the pilot. Hey, good for Uchenna, exactly what he should have done under the circumstances.

The problem really is only with the AA people. Naturally, they wanted to come off looking their best, representing their company as well as they could, and were essentially caught in the middle, as with the representatives of all companies encountered along the race. But AA being a major sponsor of the show puts a somewhat different light on the issue, creates an additional set of circumstances to consider, simply because they shouldn't be determining the outcome of the game by having any complicite knowledge about the racers, etc.

There is no indication that the producers employed any connection with AA to pull strings. If any such evidence should turn up, then there would be a real actual controversy. But without such evidence it seems likely that what happened was just what happened.

Consider, as well, the uncertainty principle. In science this is the consideration that observation alters the conditions being observed. In reality TV the cameras and camera crews following the players are a part of the actual reality and alter the conditions somewhat by their presence. For example, it isn't just the racers who have to get on the plane, their camera crew needs to be on board as well, at minimum at least one operator with a camera. So, what is actual reality in these situations vs. what would be actual reality without the cameras rolling?

05-15-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
84. "AA Airlines Answer All"
Link got from here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439056/board/nest/19061621
Its from a TAR fansite.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXX:

We appreciate your inquiry about the travel scenario depicted on the May 10 episode of
the popular television program, The Amazing Race. We understand why you would
question our decision to allow the "late arriving" contestants to board the flight to
Miami. I'd like to explain our policy as it relates to this issue.

Our main objective is to operate our flights on time -- customers have told us how
crucial flight dependability is to their travel plans. That is why we've established
a "cut-off" time guideline to assist our agents in managing gate check in. While
customers are not routinely accommodated after the established cut-off, at times, we
do hold flights for late customers. If customers arrive at the departure gate after
the cut-off time, our agents and cockpit crews are trained to assess the situation and
can make the decision to accommodate late arriving customers -- if doing so would not
cause a significant delay or impact our overall operation. Such was the case with the
flight depicted on the television show -- our captain made an informed decision and
allowed the contestants to board the flight. The ultimate arrival of this flight into
Miami was only slightly delayed.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We very much appreciate your comments about the
show as it relates to the service we provide all customers.

This is an "outgoing only" email address. If you 'reply' to this message by simply
selecting the reply button, we will not receive your additional comments. Please
assist us in providing you with a timely response to any feedback you have for us by
always sending us your email messages via AA.com at
www.aa.com/customerrelations.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX
Customer Relations
American Airlines"

05-15-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
85. "RE: AA Airlines Answer All"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

Did anyone expect a different response?

Like we were influence by producers/directors to let U/J onboard.

So, AA Airlines answer all that's put them and the Amazing Race in a postive spin.

Thanks, but this answers nothing.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 03:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
86. "RE: AA Airlines Answer All"
Uchenna's story through that interview does not make sense at all.
Lies and more lies??

The person who was seen on the phone with the pilot was NOT the same person as the one at the ticket counter. It is, also, not the same person who put R/A on stand-by. And yet, Uchenna claims that the person who lied to them at the check-in counter was the same person who called the pilot. So, we now have a new theory...R/A were placed on stand-by list by this employee at the check-in counter who was told (by R/A) not to inform U/J about the flight (of which they had prior knowledge of, anyways). Once she placed them on the list, together with R/A she bolted across the airport escorted them onto the airplane. But, in doing this, she had somehow managed to prove a lot of physicists wrong by being at the two completely different locations at the same time, because remember, this person at the check-in counter was lying to U/J about the early flight, while, at the same time, she held R/A's hands all the way into the airplane.

05-16-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
89. "RE: AA Airlines Answer All"
Yes, it isn't unreasonable for Counter agents to escort people to the gate when it's time critical. I have seen this numerous time on the hit reality show "Airline". Also, I have seen this in action in real life at the airports.

Do you work for an airline, because you have a keen understanding on what goes on?

And I think you hit on what exactly happen. The agent put R/A on standby and than escorted them to the gate as quickly as possible.

Bravo. Finally some real answers. Thanks.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-16-05, 04:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
87. "RE: AA Airlines Answer All"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 04:27 AM (EST)

Well, quite frankly I don't think you'd be happy however much evidence points to it.

You have handed us no evidence to support your argument - relying only on the show (which, quite frankly, isn't a great source because if they showed us the whole story then this argument wouldn't be raging on).

Stop picking apart everyone else's argument and go and do some research of your own - who knows, you might surprise us and actually find something we haven't already seen.

"Thanks, but this answers nothing"

Stop expecting people to answer to you - you're the one who has the problem with the situation so it is YOUR responsibility to prove it.

And you'd better get going, because as of yet you have proved absolutely nothing.

So stop attacking others when they are able to provide evidence to support their arguments, because the same simply cannot be said for you.

05-16-05, 07:40 AM (EST)
88. "RE: AA Airlines Answer All"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 07:43 AM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05
>AT 04:27 AM (EST)

>
>Well, quite frankly I don't think
>you'd be happy however much
>evidence points to it.

What evidence? An AA spokesman statement?

>
>You have handed us no evidence
>to support your argument -
>relying only on the show

If you have read my post I already gave evidence of the "Soliticting law" that U/J broke when they solicted on property own by the Floria and National Trust.

Also the evidence that I know to be true is that airlines do fix problems at the gate.

But, nothing I say is going to please you. Just keep distorting what I have already brought to the table.

>Stop picking apart everyone else's argument
>and go and do some
>research of your own -
>who knows, you might surprise
>us and actually find something
>we haven't already seen.

I alredy done research on the Soliticing Ordinance. Florida and National Trust has property rights, just like you would if you own property. The Ft Lauderdale ordinance makes it a crime if you don't have a permit to solitict on people's property.

>"Thanks, but this answers nothing"
>
>Stop expecting people to answer to
>you - you're the one
>who has the problem with
>the situation so it is
>YOUR responsibility to prove it.

Well, the title says "AA Airline Answer All"

But it does not.

>And you'd better get going, because
>as of yet you have
>proved absolutely nothing.
>
>So stop attacking others when they
>are able to provide evidence
>to support their arguments, because
>the same simply cannot be
>said for you.

Again, what evidence and who am I attacking?

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-05, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
92. "RE: AA Airlines Answer All"
Well, it's not worth getting into an argument that needs a moderator to stop it, I'm just saying that if YOU have the problem YOU need to adress it.

What evidence? An AA spokesman statement?

Well, yeah, considering as though AA is the airline involved maybe a statemnt explaining their boarding policy could be of use. Not that I'm a lawyer or something, but it seems that it might at least be of some worth.

If you have read my post I already gave evidence of the "Soliticting law" that U/J broke when they solicted on property own by the Floria and National Trust.

I have been right through every post you made on this thread and you haven't mentioned anything about a soliciting law. Either your confused about where you posted something or I have missed it.

Also the evidence that I know to be true is that airlines do fix problems at the gate.

And, what does that have to do with letting passengers on late?

But, nothing I say is going to please you. Just keep distorting what I have already brought to the table.

Not true, I'm more than happy to believe you if you can prove it. As of yet I'm not sure what happened, I just think that what your claiming needs sufficient evidence for me to believe it.

I alredy done research on the Soliticing Ordinance. Florida and National Trust has property rights, just like you would if you own property. The Ft Lauderdale ordinance makes it a crime if you don't have a permit to solitict on people's property.

Where is it? I can't find it on this thread (I might have missed it though). Also, what does soliciting property have to do with U/J getting on that plane?

Again, what evidence and who am I attacking?

Well I should think that a message from an AA spokesperson explaining what happened is evidence (however biased it may be), and I think that an interview with U/J explaining their side of the story is also evidence. Where's yours?

And you aren't attacking anyone personally, no - I am sorry if for the confusion. What I meant is that you are attacking other people's evidence/viewpoints etc. without being able to provide evidence of your own.

Look, I don't want this to turn into a message-board attack/fight/whatever. If we keep debating this like we have now it should be fine, but if you or I start to get pedantic and personal and don't stay to the topic it gets messy. I'm not up for confrontation, but I am up for a friendly debate.

Whatever I said, please don't take it personally, we're just debating this, and we need to remember that it's just a TV show.

05-16-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
90. "Rob and Ambers interview in Tv Guide"
TVGuide.com: Coming to the finish line, how far behind Uchenna and Joyce were you?
Rob Mariano: We were about 30 minutes behind them, but we pretty much knew it was over when we got to the cigar shop. We were disappointed that they held that plane from Puerto Rico to Miami to let Uchenna and Joyce on. If they hadn't, we would have had the race in the bag. We were pulling away from the gate and then all of a sudden the plane backed up and the jetway was pulled out. American Airlines owes us a million bucks.

TVG: Sounds like you may have some conspiracy theories about the way this played out.
Rob: We'll leave that up to the viewers to decide. It was a bit sketchy to me. I don't know the last time you saw anyone re-open a plane door for somebody. And it wouldn't have been too dramatic if only one team was running to the finish line.

TVG: Was it difficult to relive the experience again last Tuesday night?
Amber Brkich: Yeah, watching the finale was a little rough. We had kind of forgotten about it and then, all of a sudden, all those emotions come back up again. It was tough because we were ahead pretty much the whole race and we were feeling really, really good when we got on the plane.
Rob: They didn't show it, but I was yelling and screaming at the producers on the plane. And the thing that got me is, watching the show, you didn't even really see Uchenna and Joyce lobbying that hard to open the doors. They just seemed to magically talk to the pilot somehow. In my experience, I've never been able to do that. Regardless, it's in the past and our hats are off to Uchenna and Joyce. They fought a good race, they ended up winning and we give that to them. If anybody else was going to win it besides us, we're glad it was them.

TVG: Rob, this is the second time in a row you've finished second after dominating the competition. That's got to be frustrating.
Rob: Yeah, it's tough. And Rupert ran away with that "America's Tribal Council" thing. So I've had three shots to win a million bucks — well, four shots Marquesas — and I came out second place three times. But we had a great time doing the race regardless. We got some awesome experiences out of it and we got to visit some great places and have a good time.

TVG: And you got some good prizes out of the deal, too.
Rob: It's not even close, bro. I'd trade all the prizes in a heartbeat for the first place win. I don't even want the million, I just want to come in first in something!

TVG: How does The Amazing Race compare to Survivor? Easier or harder?
Rob: It's a tough question. They're completely different shows, and I can't say which is harder. Survivor is more physically demanding on your body, but the race is definitely more stressful in the fact that you're always on the move. On Survivor, if your alliances are good, you can attain a certain comfort level where you can relax a little bit. Here, there's no relaxing. They're both a lot tougher than they look. I was blown away by the sleep depravation on the race. For the first three days, I didn't sleep at all and I was thinking, "This is like Survivor all over again!"

TVG: Did you go on the show with the intention of messing with the rules?
Rob: That's always my strategy with every game I'm playing. And not once during the race did Amber and I ever break the rules — we always played within them. But let me tell you something: Make sure your rules are well-defined, because we'll find a way around them if we have to. Some people have the philosophy that if the front door is closed, they'll sit and wait until it opens. Our philosophy is, if the front door's closed, let's go around to the back or to the roof or underneath. And I think that helped us a lot on the race.

TVG: It didn't win you many friends, though.
Amber: We've been doing this for a while now, and you learn that not everyone out there is going to love you. Your friends and family are there first and foremost. Those are the people who will love you before and after, and that's really what matters. And you know, after your first reality show, you go, "Oh, that was nice, we made a couple friends." But when you get a second chance like we did on All-Stars, you think, "OK, how many times do you get a second chance at winning a million bucks?" So this is our third shot and we're not going out there to make friends. We already have friends; we already have family.
Rob: A lot of the racers definitely had preconceived notions about us and I can see where they're coming from, to a degree. We're previous winners and you don't want the winners to win again, OK. But I think they took it to the extreme. More than half the teams out there were more concerned with whether they were beating us rather than where they were in the race. If they had paid more attention to their own game instead of what we were doing, I think they would have done a lot better. Of the teams, only Ron and Kelly really took the time to get to know us on a personal level. They would talk to us in the airports. What you don't see is that a lot of the other teams wouldn't come near us. I don't know if they were intimidated or what. But they did not make an effort, and when we made an effort to try and talk to them, they thought we were scheming.

TVG: Do you think your celebrity gave you an unfair advantage?
Rob: I don't think it gave us an unfair advantage. It definitely gave us an advantage to a degree, especially in Peru and Africa where people actually noticed us for being on Survivor. However, a lot of times, all we did was get locals to help us out. It's a simple concept and it's been done in the past. I got the idea from watching old episodes of the Race. Why the other teams never did it, I will never know. They saw us doing it, so they should have just followed our lead. But it's easy to cry about things afterwards when you don't do so well and look for excuses. I think it's obvious with a lot of the teams' post-interviews. You can see it.
Amber: I think every team has an advantage, you just have to figure out what it is. For example, Meredith and Gretchen's advantage was that they're an older couple and people kind of wanted to take care of them and help them out. So as long as you figure out what your niche is, you can use it to your advantage.

TVG: Do you think that you've left an impact on the game?
Rob: Oh, without a doubt. I wouldn't say that we impacted it in a negative way; I'd say in a positive way. We played the game differently than it's ever been played before. We've probably changed the game forever. I think people will think twice and realize that it's a competitive game for $1 million. That's a lot of money; it will change somebody's life.

TVG: You were definitely working like a well-oiled machine. How did you manage to keep the stress from impacting your relationship?
Amber: It's distracting when you waste time arguing. You'll stand there for five minutes arguing and other teams will pass you. Rob and I went into this game knowing our relationship wasn't worth $1 million, so we weren't going to throw away our relationship over that. A lot of people do go on the show and it hurts their relationships, which is unfortunate. But it's a great place to learn how to compromise. I think if you do that, you come out a better person.

TVG: There was one point where you seemed close to arguing, though, at that Fast Forward in South Africa.
Amber: Well, I wasn't talking to Rob at that particular point. So when he was telling me to make a decision I was like, "Too bad, I'm not talking to you." We had been lost for two hours and I was still mad about that. So that was one of our biggest frustration points. That was also the leg where we came in fifth place.
Rob: That was my fault also, because in retrospect, it wasn't 100 percent her decision. We were both indecisive — neither of us knew what to do. Here's the thing: We're a normal couple, just like everyone else. We do fight and we do argue. Especially when you're in that kind of situation, the stress gets to everybody. So, of course, sometimes we snap at each other, but we're smart enough to realize that we need to stop it then and there. Like everything in life, it's about compromise.

TVG: So what's next for you both? More TV?
Rob: Well, we've got the wedding show on May 24 and, after that, we've got a pretty full schedule. I'm going to play in the World Series of Poker this summer again and give that another go. And stay tuned, because we've got other things in the works. We're negotiating right now. As soon as we can tell you, we'll let you know.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
91. "RE: Rob and Ambers interview in Tv Guide"
Nice share, thanks for posting it.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-17-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
93. "What a pilot says"
I'm going to take the liberty of repeating a post I just did at Fanatics. This is dangerous because I haven't read through this whole thresd here and I run the risk of duplicating what someone else has said. If so I apologize and you can just ignore this. I think it has relevance on this controversy which I don't think is that big a deal. Here's what I posted over there:

Well, it's not a pilot directly - just a very good friend of mine who has been a pilot for AA for the past 30 years. Currenlty he's flying a Chicago/London run. He doesn't watch the show, but I when I called him and described to him generally what happened and he gave me some insight.

It boils down to the gate agent and the pilot. With AA (and probably other carriers) the gate agent actually gets incentive pay and bonuses based upon planes getting off on time or ahead of time. So, increasingly they are closing the gate 10 minutes before push back. My friend used to begin his pre-flight sequence check list 5 minutes before push back, but has had to increase it to 10 minutes because the gate agents are closing sooner these days and to delay his checklist would keep the plane on the ground longer than necessary. He added that if the gate agents are late closing they get "hammered" by the airlines.

He says that as captain he rarely gets a call these days to allow a passenger on after the jetway pushes back. However, that's more because he's on international flights. He experienced it a lot when he was flying domestic.

He also observed that the San Juan to Miami route is a VERY heavy route for AA. Miami is a hub so gate agents are always working hard to keep flights on time or early so people can make their scheduled changes in Miami. Whether a gate agent would call a pilot in an instance like this probably depends in part on the relationship they have. If it's tight the agent wouldn't hesitate at all to call the pilot IF the gate had closed early.

From there on it's totally captains discretion. If he decides to take them then he has to change his flight log and reinsert a new out time for the flight. So, it's also his issue if the flight is going to run late and he wants to avoid that.

He also added that this type of situation is a tough call for a pilot. He's sitting there and can see into the terminal and he'd have to have a heart of stone if the flight is running early to not let someone on the plane who has obviously just run up to the gate and is trying to get on the flight.My friend said he was especially lenient with families with kids when he flew domestic.

In the end he said he couldn't really determine if there was undue influence in part because he wasn't familiar with the show, but he laughed at the idea that a show producer could have that particular kind of clout on a specific flight. Still, he said without knowing the specific details he couldn't say absolutely that what happened was normal, but that it didn't seem at all unusual to him.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •