The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Swan 2 starts tonight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I know some people think this show is ugly, wrong and reprehensible... but I am not one of them!! Who is going to join me?

One word: GOTHMOG!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight mookiemeister 10-25-04 1
   RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight seahorse 10-25-04 2
       RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight SilverStar 10-25-04 4
           RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight seahorse 10-26-04 5
   RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight SilverStar 10-25-04 3
 I'm a dork... Mon Cherie 10-26-04 6
   RE: I'm a dork... brom 10-27-04 7
       RE: I'm a dork... seahorse 10-31-04 8
 RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight seahorse 11-02-04 9
   RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight grit 11-02-04 10
       RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight brom 11-02-04 11
       RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight SilverStar 11-05-04 12
           RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight seahorse 11-06-04 13
 RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight grit 11-23-04 14
 11/22 episode RE: The Swan 2 star... Roo 11-23-04 15
 RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight ladro 11-29-04 16
   RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight Spidey 11-30-04 17
       RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight Roo 11-30-04 18
           RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight SilverStar 12-01-04 19
               RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight Roo 12-01-04 20
                   RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight brom 12-01-04 21
                       RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight grit 12-02-04 22
                       RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight ladro 12-02-04 23
           RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight annielynne42 12-05-04 24
 Sylvia vs. Marsha SilverStar 12-07-04 25
   RE: Sylvia vs. Marsha ladro 12-07-04 26
       RE: Sylvia vs. Marsha Spidey 12-07-04 27
           RE: Sylvia vs. Marsha SilverStar 12-07-04 28
 RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight kahanasunset 12-16-04 29
   RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight brom 12-20-04 30
 RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight ladro 12-20-04 31
   RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight joannie 12-22-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-25-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I saw the 2nd hour but missed the first hour because I was watching the final episode of The Benefactor. Did I miss anything interesting in the 1st hour of The Swan?

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-04, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-04 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

I watched from 8 central to almost 9 and switched over to the football game at that point. I did not see who won but they both looked pretty good and the doctors did an outstanding job.

10-25-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
Jennifer won the place in the pageant (the burn victim)

10-26-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
They really did an outstanding job on removing her burn scars.

10-25-04, 11:36 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
The first hour was a "Where Are They Now" of the swans from the first season. They all looked really good. Some even looked better because they didn't look so plastic-y like they did right after the operations. It was nice to see everyone again and see how they've been doing. 3 or 4 of them had gotten engaged, but I don't remember which ones.

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-26-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I'm a dork..."
I got teary-eyed when they did the burn victim's reveal.

It was nice to see that most of the women from last season didn't slip back into old habits.

Made by Gothmog, who truly rocks

brom 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-27-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brom Click to send private message to brom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I'm a dork..."
Don't feel bad I thought I was going to cry too,but I sucked it up. She looked pretty hot.

10-31-04, 01:44 AM (EST)
8. "RE: I'm a dork..."
Those doctors can work miracles, no doubt.

11-02-04, 01:22 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
Second show was on tonight featuring a nearly deaf woman against a woman who lost 120 pounds and needed more surgery than any contestant in either of the two seasons.

The deaf girl won the competion for the right to comete in the swan pageant.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-02-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I thought the other woman (Loree?) looked much better and should be in the pageant. Maybe they picked the deaf woman because her attitude was much more upbeat.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

11-02-04, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brom Click to send private message to brom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I don't know I'd call this one a toss up. If the deciding factor in this one based on emotion then yeah, the deaf girl wins,but for me it was a coin flip.

11-05-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I agree with you grit. I thought that the other girl looked much better. Not to be mean, but the deaf woman still had an enormous nose and she kinda looked like a man to me. JMO.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

11-06-04, 00:48 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
But it is not just a beauty contest but a look at the total transformation, how much improvement in looks, attitude, etc.

11-23-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
Well, I really stink at picking who's going on to the pageant each time. I don't think I've picked a single one.

Last night, I thought Patti looked better. Cinnamon didn't look anything like she used to - she looked like another Swan Clone. I wouldn't be surprised if her own family couldn't pick her out of a lineup. Patti still looked like herself but beautiful. I thought her look was much better.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-23-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "11/22 episode RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
While I don't think either of the 2 women, Cinnamon (or was that Nutmeg?)or Patty, will win the pageant, I think they both looked pretty good. Actually, I think Patty looked lovely and elegant.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-29-04, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I just watched episode 2 (11/29). Both the toothless girl and the Army gal turned out looking great. A case could have been made for either one winning the showdown. I would have voted for the toothless girl, as I see it, the Army gal was very overweight to begin with (how could the Army let someone be that overwieght?), she didn't really loose much weight given how much she was overweight. The face sculpting was entirely the effort of the Doctors. On the other hand, he Army gal's before and after photos are better promotional material for the show.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I disagree that the Army chick still looked fat. She has a large frame, but she definitely lost a ton of weight. You could see it in her arms and waist. Plus she was only 152 to start with. For a woman with a larger frame, she was not seriously overweight. Chunky, maybe, but not fat-huge.

And I thought she looked absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. I wouldn't be surprised if she won the pagent.

Tooth-girl looked much better than her before, but not as good as Delisa, IMO.

11-30-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-04 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

I totally agree, Spidey. DeLisa also didn't end up with the "fake" looks that so many other contestants have.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Edited 'cause I screw up when I try to type too fast

12-01-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
Speaking of looking fake, what about the toothless girls breasts? They looked like 2 huge balloons just glued to her chest. I was horrified! One of the worst jobs I have seen done on this show. I thought DeLisa looked great and deserved the spot in the pageant!

A winter creation by the loverly and talented Mon Cherie!

12-01-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
OMH, I thought the same thing! Way, WAY too high and, ehem, bulbous!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

12-01-04, 08:30 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
When they did that over head shot of the former toothless girl all I could think of was WHOA!!!! Yeah her husband was going to be real happy.I think the military woman looked good though it's to bad her husband had to serve her with divorce papers during all of that.

12-02-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I hope DeLisa's ex watched the show and is eating his heart out. She looked fabulous.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

12-02-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
> When they did that over
>head shot of the former
>toothless girl all I could
>think of was WHOA!!!! Yeah
>her husband was going to
>be real happy.>

yea, but there are upsides to having a toothless wife:
1. Less conversation
2. Less Halotis
3. The whole oral sex thing

Don't ask how I know this.

annielynne42 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-05-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annielynne42 Click to send private message to annielynne42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
Speaking of fake looks, The Swan1 had, so, many fake looks, I got thoroughly disgusted with it. The two finalists , really, looked fake. I swore I wouldn't watch it this season, but here I am. I'll tell you, I think Extreme Makeover is much better. The people look more realistic.

12-07-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
25. "Sylvia vs. Marsha"
Wow, both girls looked great last night. I wasn't sure who I wanted to go on to the pageant, but I think Marsha really deserved it. She looked amazing and had such a great attitude throughout the whole thing.

What did you guys think of Sylvia's bf proposing to her? I actually thought it was pretty selfish of him to spring something like that on her when she is supposed to be taking time for herself and going through all those changes. Not to mention terribly unromantic, being proposed to on videotape. Ick. I didn't like it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah (who are both truly fabulous)

12-07-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Sylvia vs. Marsha"
I only watch the last 25 minutes of the show in order to miss all the 'drama'. But, the described proposal did seem selfish, as if he was thinking; 'she gonna be attractive now, I better get her to commit to me before she realizes I am a Loser and she can do better'. But I love the concept of the show. I think the girl that won this episode had the clearly better impovement.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Sylvia vs. Marsha"
But, the described proposal did seem selfish, as if he was thinking; 'she gonna be attractive now, I better get her to commit to me before she realizes I am a Loser and she can do better'.

Alternatively, he could have done it to show her "I want to marry you regardless of how you end up looking!" If he waited until he saw the new Sylvia, she might always think he only did it because I turned beautiful.

Whoa! Did I just give someone on reality tv the benefit of the doubt? What is wrong with me today?

12-07-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Sylvia vs. Marsha"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-04 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

I thought of that too Spidey, but then I was like, well even if he did just want to prove that he loved her no matter what, couldn't he have at least called her on the phone and actually spoken to her? He had to do it on a videotape? Sheesh, how utterly impersonal!

ETF typo

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah (who are both truly fabulous)
Clearly, you are very ill. Go lie down. Now.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-16-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
Yeah its definitely a guilty pleasure (there, I've actually gone and admitted I watch this show!) The premise is good but good god is it cheesy the way they turn all of them into streaked, fake longhair blondes. If they had turned the dark-haired girl from last week into a blonde I was going to kick in the TV set. Talk about a Stepford Wife consciousness. Not too long from now hair extensions will be SO over that anyone viewing the tapes of this show will shudder with revulsion.

My favorite parts are where some of these girls get the dental work they desperately need. That is the true value of this show. Or, like someone else has said, a tummy tuck to correct what no dier or exercise ever could.

12-20-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
O.K I'm going to throw my prediction in and say the winner will be Jennifer or Kari.

12-20-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
I just finished watching the final. Ok, only the last fifteen minutes. I think Dolcia was the right choice. The other girls may have been prettier, but she had the most improvement. i like the show, but the retoric is over the top. "the girls did it all themselves", "I learned that real Beauty comes from within". Oh, it must have been the editing, I just missed that part where girls willed themselves to be more attractive.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-22-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Swan 2 starts tonight"
> i like the show,
>but the retoric is over
>the top. "the girls did
>it all themselves", "I learned
>that real Beauty comes from
>within". Oh, it must have
>been the editing, I just
>missed that part where girls
>willed themselves to be more
>attractive.

Double LOL on that! Yeah, real beauty comes from within, espicially after multiple surgical procedures!

I was glad that DeLisa won. She certainly doesn't look like a man anymore!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •