The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gotaa ask"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-22-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gotaa ask"
does the new show drawn together count as a reality show?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gotaa ask Estee 10-22-04 1
   RE: Gotaa ask aviators99 10-23-04 2
 RE: Gotaa ask Drive My Car 10-25-04 3
   I watched it. Estee 10-27-04 4
       I watched it too realitybites 10-28-04 5
           RE: I watched it too Estee 10-28-04 6
               RE: I watched it too Oscirus 10-28-04 7
                   RE: I watched it too ginger 10-28-04 8
                       RE: I watched it too Estee 10-28-04 9
               The montage realitybites 11-04-04 13
 Last night's episode. Estee 11-04-04 10
   RE: Last night's episode. Devious Weasel 11-04-04 11
       RE: Last night's episode. Estee 11-04-04 12
           RE: Second episode. skyhoneybear 11-05-04 14
 RE: Gotaa ask cqvenus 11-07-04 15
 best episode ever survivorscott 12-17-04 16
   RE: best episode ever Oscirus 12-19-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gotaa ask"
I think it's disqualified. Two-dimensional characters are acceptable on reality TV, but drawn ones are a problem.

Too bad, really. It looked like it was ready for a few good summary hits.

aviators99 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-23-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aviators99 Click to send private message to aviators99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gotaa ask"
It doesn't have to be a reality show to be qualified for discussion here, in my opinion. It definitely is in the realm of the "reality world," as it is a reality show spoof. I say we definitely recap it here.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-04, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gotaa ask"

I was wondering where the best place to discuss this should be too.

This show looks like a hoot.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/drawntogether/

10-27-04, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I watched it."
I'm so ashamed. I'm not sure if I'm ashamed of myself for watching or laughing, but there's definitely a lot of shame in there. First time I've ever seen self-carving played for laughs.

I'd say more, but creating even a thumbnail sketch of this show without going over the PG-13 line would give the collective summary corps a migraine.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-28-04, 05:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I watched it too"
VERY scattershot, but when it connected, also very funny. I'm sure I would have found it even more humorous if I had gotten all the references ("sit & scheme" reality shows aren't my thing, and neither are Pokemon or Final Fantasy).

IMO, this is no more a reality show than "The Simpsons" is a documentary, but I'll leave the ultimate decision up to our diligent moderators.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

10-28-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
6. "RE: I watched it too"
Did you watch the 'Coming this season' montage at the end? If they actually manage to put all of that in the show, this is going to be one very weird ride.

How many episodes are in this initial run, anyway? With Comedy Central, it could be as little as eight.

10-28-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I watched it too"
Yep its eight

this show was awesome I mean what else can you say about some of these guys

A suicidal fat betty boop,a crazed pokeman, A racist princess, A perverted pig who craps in everything, A mysteyr loving ho, a weirdo on a neverending quest to save his girlfriend a perverted superhero and that other weird dude this could be a pretty decent series if they can stay focused.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I watched it too"
"A suicidal fat betty boop,a crazed pokeman, A racist princess, A perverted pig who craps in everything, A mysteyr loving ho, a weirdo on a neverending quest to save his girlfriend a perverted superhero and that other weird dude this could be a pretty decent series if they can stay focused."

Shouldn't this be on the Big Brother forum? Oh, wait, you're talking about some cartoon, aren't you?

The Hills Have IceCat.
Down here...we all...FLOAT.

10-28-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I watched it too"
No, he's...

...wait a minute...

...uh-oh.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "The montage"
>Did you watch the 'Coming this season' montage at the end?
> If they actually manage to put all of that in the show, this
>is going to be one very weird ride.

I saw it. I think it's just another extended joke, but I am open to surprises.

BTW, I missed last night's episode and I'll have to try to catch up with it sometime, somehow.

11-04-04, 07:34 AM (EST)
10. "Last night's episode."
Go ahead. Describe the plot without going over the PG-13 barrier. Just try it. I dare you.

The question of the night: how did that get on the air?

Not that I was offended, really. Just -- surprised. Really, really surprised.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Last night's episode."
I imagine Parker and Stone are sitting around asking the same question.

11-04-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Last night's episode."
I imagine you're right. I also imagine that the producers of every 'float into the air and rotate to dispel curse' movie are calling their lawyers right now, which is why the phone lines are completely tied up.

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-05-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Second episode."
Did anyone see the second episode? I watched it last night, at 10pm and there was a visible genitalia, (Sorry if I can't spell, but I am at work) and Princess Clara's naughty place was a monster? This show is crazy, you never know what is going to happen. Any other eactions?

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"
"If Karma is a boomerang, I will see you sooner than later."---Will, Big Brother 5, USA

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gotaa ask"

this show is freakin' hilarious. my friends TiVod it for me b/c i don't have cable so i watched the first ep at their house this weekend. omh... it made me cry laughing. CRY.

i am sad now that i don't have CC.

~ cq

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-17-04, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "best episode ever"
they just did a spoof of reality television, even more biting than Joe Schmo, it even paradied Joe Schmo, which was a parody of reality tv. They has Xandir keep saying "What's going on?" They also said they were destroying the house for all their reality brethren and sistern. and went on naming people from actual shows, like for love or money, big brother, and average joe.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

12-19-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: best episode ever"
The apprentice spoof was awesome. This show went out with a bang I loved it hopefully it comes back for another season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •