The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
This is my thought it looks as though - they are all in the same place(country) when Gretchen hurts her head and the boys have the car accident.

My theory is if this all happends there is no way that TAR is going to let people who were in a car accident and people who hurt that head that badly continue with the race without seeking medical attention.

My thought is that they halt that leg of the race and start fresh on the next leg as both teams would need medical attention.

Or next thought, is that due to injuries there is no penalty for not completing tasks, as they would need to be taken away, and they are both in last place - and it's a non elimination round. Or a double elimation round.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... PepeLePew13 03-24-05 1
   RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... pmspml5 03-24-05 2
       RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... FFantasyFX 03-24-05 3
           RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... weecama 03-24-05 4
           RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... TARugh 03-25-05 5
           RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... hunniebunns 03-27-05 6
               RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... Gingerman28 03-27-05 7
                   RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... ohboy 03-28-05 8
                   RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... cdru 03-28-05 9
                   RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... wantstorun 03-28-05 10
                       RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... LibraRising 03-28-05 11
                           RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... ohboy 03-28-05 12
                               RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... globespinner 03-28-05 13
                                   RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculati... weecama 03-29-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
You know, that might not be such a bad idea. The only problem I would have with this scenario is that it seems to be two distinctly different tasks where these two teams are injured, so if they're not going to stop for one team with the first injury, would it be fair for them to stop after the second injury?

If there's a team that is held back for medical attention, I'd think there would be a 4-hour penalty slapped on plus whatever time it would normally take to get from that spot of injury to the pit stop, then the last-place team could stay in the race that way.

Scratch and sniff

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-24-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
This doesnt happen - last year in leg one - the father/daughter team got hurt at the start of the race and were made to go to the emergency room. It was covered at that time and Jim was clearly upset because he thought they were done before the race even started. At that time it was in the contract that if you can not continue due to an injury you are out of the race.

Also, it has been mentioned several times that if racers have accidents that are their own negligence (the car accident is caused by driving too fast). Then they are not given a new vehicle. If anything I think that his has been mentioned a minimum of 3 times this year so far so that when the lovable brothers are not given a replacement car we know why.

Lastly, I am wondering how really bad these injuries are - if someone was eliminated from the race due to injury - I would think it would have gotten out somehow.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-24-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Good points, especially regarding Brian/Greg. Remember the first episode, with Debbianca almost causing a traffic accident on the highway? Foreshadowing? I really am starting to think that the brothers' car accident will eliminate them. Even if they aren't seriously hurt, I would think that such an incident would shake them up for a while. Also, I think that they won't get a replacement vehicle, which really will damage their race standing.

On the other hand, I don't think Gretchen's injury is too serious. Despite being so bloody, she's still smiling in the previews, and she also may be responsible for the episode title - "I've Been Wanting a Facelift for a Long Time." As others have pointed out, the amount of blood from a head wound is disproportionate to its actually seriousness. Apparently, I was konked in the head with a screwdriver/wrench by my cousin when I was two. My mom thought she was going to have to take me to the hospital, but by the time she wiped all the blood of my head, she saw that it was only a minor scrape.

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-24-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Someone close to Meredith & Gretchen assured me that they are just fine .
A few new vidcaps ..the boys didn't cause the wreck ,I think we can blame an Ostrich that darted out in front of them .
Brian or Gregg : Watch Out! beep beep beep

~puddin~

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARugh Click to send private message to TARugh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Hmmm...this puts a whole new spin on things.

If the background spoiler is correct, Ray and Deana are next to go. However, if injuries are sustained in this next leg, (to the point where a team is eliminated/disqualified) then this whole background spoiler would cancel out.

However, when considering how strong Romber have been, and the betting spoiler with U and Joyce, the background spoiler would make further sense that the top 3 would include Romber, U and Joyce, and Lynn and Alex.

TARugh Hypothesis: The injuries/accidents will have no effect on the upcoming leg. Stick with the background spoiler that suggests a pattern, and the obvious betting pattern.

Judging how teams are shaping up, and using the spoilers and injuries though...this should be the order of elimination:

Ray / Deana
Meredith / Gretchen
Ron / Kelley
Brian / Greg
Lynn / Alex
Rob / Amber
Uchenna / Joyce

Soon we will all know...

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
speaking of all the blood that is shown...my GrandDad is roughly the same age as Gretchen and he's on blood thinners...we he gets pricked it's like he's been brutally hurt when it's nothing but a scratch...

All this added to the fact that head injuries are a little bloodier than most as you stated...

just my 0.02

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-05, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Take a closer look at that picture of the wrecked Land Rover. We see a person next to the wreck, a person knelling by what we think is a third "person" on the ground, a fourth person over to the right and a fifth person walking in from the far right. Now look again at the "person" on the ground; could that be a dead Ostrich? Dark body, long neck or legs to the right. So if the accident is caused by hitting the Ostrich through no fault of their own, Brian and Greg should get a replacement vehicle to continue the task. Just as a new boat was supplied to one team last week, and a new car was supplied to Bolo in Hungary.

03-28-05, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Here is my thought, if the boys are being driven and they get in an accident - than they get a replacement car as they were not driving so it's through no fault of their own.

Also I find it hard to imagine that your car flips like that and they don't make them seek medical attention i.e. internal bleeding etc.

I am really looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-28-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Now look again at the "person" on the ground; could that be a dead Ostrich? Dark body, long neck or legs to the right.
Nope. It's not an ostrich. If you look here, you'll see that the ostrich has whiteish legs and a dark body. Yet if you look here, the legs are darker with a well defined area that is white (shorts?). The torso portion is also much too small for an ostrich. An ostrich laying on it's side would be waist high or so. The body laying there is barely knee high to the guy walking away.

wantstorun 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wantstorun Click to send private message to wantstorun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
I've read in several places that the race always has medical personnel accompany the racers especially in third world areas. The person on the ground may have been told to lay there until the doctor arrives. If you hit your chest especially on the steering wheel, you can get something called a chest contusion which may or may not include hitting your heart with your breast bone. There may be fractured ribs. Laying down until until a doctor arrives is smart. The white band mentioned in some posts (not sure which forum) could be a wrap- that's all that that you get for rib fractures.
I agree with the comments on the head wound. Plastic surgeons use a sterile version of crazy glue to put sperfical head wounds back together, so all she may wind up with is a head ache!

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

The dad who cut his leg at the airport -- how did they handle that? My memory is failing me.

ETA: Duh, me. I asked a question that was already answered further up in the thread.

03-28-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
>The dad who cut his leg
>at the airport -- how
>did they handle that? My
>memory is failing me.
>
>

He got medical attention but he was given no special circumstances- they were rushing to get the plane. I think this may be different just due to the type of injuries and their location, that guy tripped over himself.
The head injury I believe they will look at. And the boys in the car accident , I don't think they have any choice at all but to take every procaution necessary in order to ensure that they are alright.

globespinner 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail globespinner Click to send private message to globespinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Don't forget--on Meredith and Gretchen's profile, it says that she is a retired nurse. So it could be that she takes care of herself with a quick rinse and bandage and they're off again. She might even stitch it herself!

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Leg 5 ends abruptly - Speculation"
Some things I know , I was wrong about the Ostrich being the cause of the accident , the Bro's were speeding they didn't hit the Ostrich , it was their fault. Someone was hurt , not one of the Bro's someone else , the accident was bad and someone goes to the hospital but we don't see it . One team saw the Bro's accident and just kept driving , another team stopped to help but waved the other teams by ,there was no point of the other teams stopping too.

~puddin~

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •