The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dream Job...anyone else watching?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-20-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dream Job...anyone else watching?"
I saw the official ep 4 summary by ssshaw below, but I was wondering if anyone else is enjoying the show...

Favorites are Anish and Jason S. I liked the blond kid last week, but he sucked this week. Anish is definitely "the one to beat" if you ask me. He seems to have the look, the voice, and the ability to work on the fly that is needed in a good sportscaster.

Maybe I'm so into this show because my husband could easily be sitting up there with these guys. I think there must be a part of his brain set aside for sports facts/tidbits because he can remember an entire season's worth of NFL players' information (name, position, school, etc.) but he could never memorize stuff for our psych tests in college.

I think aside from the main aspect of the show (finding a new sportscaster), it's also interesting for the viewers at home to get a better idea of what being an anchor on a news/sports show entails...I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who thought these guys just read stats off teleprompters all day long.

I am a huge fan of PTI...I love the debate format and I like the "chemistry" between the two regulars on the show. I really liked the PTI style stuff they had on last nights' show because it shows who really knows their stuff as well as a little more of the guys' personalities.

Anyway...anyone else watching and enjoying it?

"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dream Job...anyone else watchin... FlamingCactusIT 10-25-04 1
 RE: Dream Job...anyone else watchin... Immunegirl 10-25-04 2
 RE: Dream Job...anyone else watchin... PhoenixMons 10-26-04 3
   RE: Dream Job...anyone else watchin... Immunegirl 10-26-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-25-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dream Job...anyone else watching?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-04 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

It's a good show and everything, but I think last year's contestants would beat the crap out of this year's contestants. I think the most interesting person on the show is Woody Paige.

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-25-04, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dream Job...anyone else watching?"
I'm a big fan of Dream Job (at least I was last season) but Tuesdays are tough and the moving timeslot doesn't help.

If you hang out a little while longer, you'll find a summary of last week's episode written by yours truly.

It's a Goth.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-26-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dream Job...anyone else watching?"
Guess I'm wishing I would have seen this (or even heard of it) last season!

Can't wait for your summary, Iggy! I'm a night owl, so the time slot isn't a problem for me - it's remembering it that's difficult!

And Woody Page - oh no! I don't generally like him on Around the Horn (everyone I liked is gone now ) - he just annoys the crap out of me. I like Steven A. Smith as a judge - he doesn't play around and he gives them good information. Al should maybe be a behind the scenes judge because he just looks and sounds silly up there. Kit is okay. Woody Page, it seems, just likes to look like he's the god of all sportscasters (and apparently the god of the English language as well). I am a big stickler for grammar, but come on, Woody. I am pretty sure most of the people at home who will be watching aren't going to care if they slip up and mispronounce a thing or two or use passive voice or something.

I hope Anish wins!

"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-26-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dream Job...anyone else watching?"
Well, the summary is up, even though I don't really like it. I thought my Bachelor summary was bad, but this one is much worse.

Anyway-I liked last season a lot better. They did this great trivia game last year season around this time, which I liked a lot, since it reminded me of Two Minute Drill, one of my favorite ESPN shows. Plus I knew more trivia than the contestants. Overall, I thought they were a little more talented then too.

I'm cheering for Grant. Anish is a good sportscaster too, but I think he is a little more dry than Grant and less of a fit for Sportscenter.

It's a Goth.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •