The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could this be a spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-24-01, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could this be a spoiler?"
I think that the bloopers show was bound to have some spoiler value in it, and I'm wondering if we missed something in regards to Jerri's "woeful", err, I mean "soulful" rendition of Fiona Apple's "Criminal". I mentioned this on another thread but didn't get much response so I'm taking a chance and starting this one. Please don't flame me!

I for one hope the Wicked B*I*T*C*H of the Outback in a goner, and soon, but I'm not really hopeful. Here are the lyrics to the song, and the ones she sang are in bold type. I think the part about "Heaven help me for the way I am, save me from these evil deeds before I get them done" really could be a spoiler, especially if she sang the whole song, and these are the only parts MB choose to show us. I find it odd anyway, that out of all the jolly sing-alongs they must have had around the camp fire, that the only person we were shown singing in the glow of the fire was Jerri. It was Mitchell who brought the song book, and who claims to be a songwriter/singer, and I've heard a lot about Marilyn and the sing-alongs, too...so why show us the "Black Widow" singing about "Criminal"?

Criminal

I've been a bad bad girl
I've been careless with a delicate man
And its a sad sad world
When a girl will break a boy
Just because she can

Don't you tell me to deny it
I've done wrong and I want to
Suffer for my sins
I've come to you 'cause I need
Guidance to be true
And I just don't know where I can begin
What I need is a good defense
'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal
And I need to redeemed
To the one I've sinned against
Because he's all I ever knew of love
Heaven help me for the way I am
Save me from these evil deeds
Before I get them done

I know tomorrow brings the consequence
At hand
But I keep livin' this day like
The next will never come
Oh help me but don't tell me
To deny it
I've got to cleanse myself
Of all these lies till I'm good
Enough for him
I've got a lot to lose and I'm
Bettin' high So I'm beggin' you before it ends
Just tell me where to begin
And I need to be redeemed

Let me know the way
Before there's hell to pay
Give me room to lay the law and let me go
I've got to make a play
To make my lover stay
So what would an angel say
The devil wants to know
And I need to redeemed
And I need to redeemed

Maybe if this is a true spoiler, Jerri will be voted out "before she gets them (evil deeds)done"?! Or in other words, before she gets the chance to "black widow" Colby? Or *maybe* it means that she does join up with the Kuchakids and gets rid of the Colbster?!

Please don't drug me and hunt me down and feed me to Michael, I'm just using my blonde powers of deduction!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Jerri's Evil Deeds... IceCat 03-24-01 1
 RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could th... SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 2
   RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could th... Superman 03-24-01 3
       RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could th... VampKira 03-24-01 4
       RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could th... SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 7
           The dingos were seen fleeing IceCat 03-24-01 8
               RE: The dingos were seen fleeing BlondeGirl 03-24-01 9
               RE: The dingos were seen fleeing SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 10
                   Cats Can't Condone Crappy Crooning.... IceCat 03-24-01 11
                       RE: Cats Can't Condone Crappy Croon... SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 12
 RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could th... Play2Survive 03-24-01 5
 Redemption or Sarcastic Irony? IceCat 03-24-01 6
 WHO asked Jerri to sing that song? SurvivinDawg 03-25-01 13
   RE: WHO asked Jerri to sing that so... janisella 03-25-01 14
       Hidden CD bonus track - Jerri's B s... Lisapooh 03-27-01 15
           Sing it Lisapooh! IceCat 03-27-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-01, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Jerri's Evil Deeds..."
MB's editing placed Jerri's singing just after Kel was eliminated in 'The Incident at Beef Jerkey Hill'. Personally I thought MB was just putting it in to highlight the fact that she had just 'broke a boy' (Kel) and that certainly was an example of an 'evil deed'.

IceCat

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could this be a spoiler?"
Taken in the context of the entire show, it looked to me like MB was trying to REDEEM Jerri. They showed Jerri apologizing to Keith (imagine how much different the show would be if we'd seen that in an earlier episode!) and showed her singing this song sadly, as if she's sorry for what she's done to Kel, or that she's sorry in general for being a bad bad girl.

Why was MB doing this? IMHO, it reinforces my belief that Jerri will be booted off next. She needs to be redeemed a little bit so that she's not truly hated when she hits the talk show circuits. I've often compared Jerri to J.R. Ewing on the "Dallas" T.V. show, and here's another one: On Dallas, every once in a while they would do something to make J.R. not look so bad, either being good to a kid or helping an old man when he didn't need to. So I think MB is doing that with Jerri in the Summary Show.

It also entered my mind upon hearing the words being sung, that MB was setting something up for future episodes, vis-a-vis Colby and/or Amber. Perhaps a betrayal of someone by someone is imminent. Time will tell.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-24-01, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could this be a spoiler?"
I didn't see the episode where she sang this, but from all the info I've read, MB redeems Jerri and shows her in a different light, but why?

I'm thinking this, for the next couple of weeks look for Jerri to be placed in a different light. I think Jerri's "bad guy" image is over, look for a shift in public opinion of Jerri, alot of "Hey, maybe she's not so bad" posts and then Boom! She gets the ax.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-24-01, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could this be a spoiler?"
You didn't miss anything, Supe.. It was "Criminal" the way she butchered that song. (Not that's is a very good song to begin with) If MB was trying to put her in a more favorable light, you would think that he would pick something other than Jerri the "tone deaf wannabe actress" singing. Wait a minute... maybe it is possible..People feeling sorry for her beacuse she embarrassed herself on national TV...

**GO NICK***KEEP A LOW(ER) PROFILE****
"No sign of the morning coming, you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark."-Ronnie James Dio

03-24-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could this be a spoiler?"
Y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not recall that scene being shown prior to the Summary Show. And yes, with THAT singing, we now know why Jerri is an *aspiring* actress, not a real one.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-24-01, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "The dingos were seen fleeing "
Re: Jerri's Singing... This just in...

Australian Press Service:

...Thousands of dingos were seen fleeing the Survivor II filming area on the night of Survivor contestant, Jerri Manthey's 'Criminal' serenade.

Australian media have been reporting that virtually every animal rights organization on the continent has shifted their focus from the pig killing episode involving another Survivor contestant, Michael Skupin, to this latest, much more heinous, episode of animal cruelty on the Survivor set.

Over 100 canine psychologists and trauma counsellors have been flown into the remote location to attempt to provide some measure of relief to the hapless dingo victims. Interestingly enough, they have taken only one muzzle with them...

More on this story as it develops...

IceCat

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-24-01, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The dingos were seen fleeing "
LoL

Too bad they weren't seen fleeing with strands of wiry brown hair and the remains of a pair of cammo pants in their jaws!

03-24-01, 10:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The dingos were seen fleeing "
IceCat, you didn't post the whole press clipping. It also said that the PETA people filed a complaint after Jerri's serenade, claiming that several hundred cats were seen rolling around in the immediate area.

I'm a member of PETA - (P)eople (E)ating (T)asty (A)nimals.

03-24-01, 10:51 PM (EST)
11. "Cats Can't Condone Crappy Crooning..."
Yes... the toll on the feline population was equally grave... I simply avoided discussing the cat story as it... <sniff> hit just a little too close to home <sob>...

Turn the camera off... just turn it off...

<click>

03-24-01, 11:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Cats Can't Condone Crappy Crooning..."
I feel your pain, IceCat, I feel your pain. I was howling myself at Jerri's singing, and I feel for my canine brothers...

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-24-01, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jerri "Criminal" Clip..Could this be a spoiler?"
Personally I thought that scene was one of the brilliant moments in S2 so far. Yes a bit painful to watch/hear, but very clever nonetheless. I don't think I could think of a song that would be more approriate as the Jerri theme song than "Criminal."

I agree with what other people have posted that MB would like us all to see "the other side of Jerri," the one Alicia and Jeff and Mitchell seemed to like. This "ballad of redemption" was a perfect way to get the audience to begin empathising with her a bit.

I do not necessarily take this to mean she will be out this week. There's quite a lot of repair work to be done after all. But it does lead me to believe that she will be going in the next couple/few episodes. And I suspect, when she does go, she will be caught totally off guard and MB will edit the episode in such a way as to actually make the audience feel a bit sorry for this bad, bad girl.

03-24-01, 12:22 PM (EST)
6. "Redemption or Sarcastic Irony?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-01 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

I thought the whole 'Jerri singing of forgiveness' and the night time 'burying of the hatchet with Keith' were all edited in such a way to be extremely ironic - almost to the point of sarcasm.

The song came right after Kel's destruction at Jerri's hands. It is really Jerri's song of crocodile tears.

The 'burying of the hatchet' with Keith came immediately before the depiction of Jerri attempting to orchestrate Keith's departure at the next tribal council.

I do not think it was MB's intent to soften or humanize the image of Jerri but rather to further demonize her in a more subtle fashion. MB has juxtaposed these two new depictions of the Jerri character 'seeking forgiveness' immediately against the two main incidents that symbolize the 'evil' of the character.

I think that MB has realized that he couldn't simply do an overt rehash the incidents that he has already used to establish the role of the Jerri character. He has tried to be a little more subtle and use a little irony.

Irony works in the same fashion as a teeter-totter:

two opposite concepts juxtaposed across the fulcrum of a situation.

If you look to only one side of the 'teeter-totter' you risk seeing only a literal depiction and miss seeing the symbolic meaning of of interaction of the two sides.

IceCat

Edited to fix a typo

03-25-01, 01:32 PM (EST)
13. "WHO asked Jerri to sing that song?"
That song fit so perfectly well into the Jerri story to this point that it raises this HUGE question: Did Jerri sing that song on her own OR DID THAT SNAKE MB GET HER TO DO IT FOR THE CAMERA???

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-25-01, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WHO asked Jerri to sing that song?"
Good point, SD. MB may have been making requests for the fireside concerts (I would have gone with "The ##### is Back" - it's much livelier - but to each his own).

I do wonder if the choice of lines left in for the blooper episode is some kind of spoiler, though. While it didn't change my opinion one way or the other, maybe it's part of the story MB is trying to weave. Since we didn't get to hear anyone else sing, we don't know if there was anything special about that song choice.

J.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Hidden CD bonus track - Jerri's B side"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

I have managed to come across (sorry I can't reveal my sources) a lyric sheet to the bonus CD track on Jerri's latest cover album. I think it offers, new, never-before-revealed insights to her true motivations. Spolier material, no. Great way to blow off work on a Tuesday afternoon, most definitely.

A remake of "Joey" by Concrete Blonde

"Colby" by Jerri Manthey

Colby - baby
Jeff's gay and Nick's lazy
Tina's implants are expensive
Kimmi's smell is offensive

Amber seems to be confused
Kel's beef jerky's been abused
You said Mad Dog's brassiere scared you
Well I guess it scared me too

I know you've seen it all before
Kucha's getting Pagong-ed out the door
Alicia's pumping 'roids and Liz will go home poor

oh Colby - I'm not bitchy anymore

Colby - honey
Let's screw like we're bunnies
Please say I'm forgiven
Listen, Keith's bitchin'

Rodger bows his head to pray
I want to eat a Milky Way
And Michael killed a sedated piglet yesterday

oh oh oh Colby - meatball subs are a-ok

Colby - sweetie
You're looking quite beefy
My thoughts are distracted
My boobies are sagging

My camera time is high
And I think that I'm real sly
But I'm just a skank with an abundant condom supply

Oh - Colby if you're horny, so am I

Edited to add an adjective or two.

03-27-01, 06:09 PM (EST)
16. "Sing it Lisapooh!"
OMG! <click the counter>

That is an absolute hoot...

I literally shot Pepsi though my nose (it hurts but I'm still laughing)!

I am still singing it to myself

IceCat

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •