The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tips from the Life Coaches"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

dgibson 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dgibson Click to send private message to dgibson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tips from the Life Coaches"
Did anyone notice the good advice that came from IY yesterday (w/ Jill) and Rhonda (today w/ TJ)? IY showed Jill the 3 obstacles to overcoming Self Sabotage 1) Reactionary 2) Laziness 3) Incompletion (giving up 5 minutes before the blessing comes). Today Rhonda encouraged TJ, Effective Communication 1) Other Centered communication 50/50.

Regardless how I feel emotionally about the Life Coaches (which is what the producers want) I do get some good pointers out of the show!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tips from the Life Coaches Devlynne 10-20-05 1
 RE: Tips from the Life Coaches mylifeisunfolding 10-20-05 2
   RE: Tips from the Life Coaches Turtle39 10-20-05 3
 RE: Tips from the Life Coaches Busybee 10-20-05 4
   RE: Tips from the Life Coaches Cleverone 10-20-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devlynne 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-05, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devlynne Click to send private message to Devlynne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tips from the Life Coaches"
I wrote those down too!

mylifeisunfolding 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-20-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mylifeisunfolding Click to send private message to mylifeisunfolding Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tips from the Life Coaches"
I thought it was great advice as well from both coaches. The assignments at times seem off the wall to me but I try to suspend my judgement until I watch the whole episode. Sometimes I have to watch it a 2nd time for it to sink in. Watching the piece w/Jill and the way Iyanla explained each part was powerful because I realized those are things I need to work on with myself. Since season 3 began I have been questioning some of the tactics used but I have to admit this one was on point and it hit home personally for me.

Turtle39 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-20-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Turtle39 Click to send private message to Turtle39 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tips from the Life Coaches"
I hold similar views. Sometimes I don't understand the physicality of the assignment - but usually I get it by the time the assignment is over.
I have taken down many notes as well. I usually tape the show while I am watching it and sometimes I will watch it again if I really want something to sink in.
If your mind is open to what you see, hear and learn - I think that is the main point. Be tolerant and observant and reserve judgment. I try to keep that in mind when I watch the show.

Busybee 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-20-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Busybee Click to send private message to Busybee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tips from the Life Coaches"
That is sooo cool! I didn't know anyone else wrote down stuff like I did. I have a little journal with notes that I write down from the show, lol. Usually when you see the ladies writing, that's when I'm writing too! Even though I am not like most ladies on the show, I can benefit from the advice and apply it in my own life, that's what I benefit from the most. I also get to see how they do or don't apply it in their lives and how I can avoid making the same mistakes.
Happy watching/journaling to all!

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-20-05, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tips from the Life Coaches"

I totally agree with all of you ladies...I tape them and sometimes they get erased so I can tape more, but when I learn a lesson from the show I make a conscious effort to incoporate it into my daily life...I'm sure people around me are probably sick of hearing my SO quotes, but I love the show and have gotten sooo many people to watching it because of the changes they see in me.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •